[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Justice League rumoured to be 181mins long.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 19

File: 3 hours lol.jpg (40KB, 750x415px) Image search: [Google]
3 hours lol.jpg
40KB, 750x415px
Say hello to another Snyder flick shredded to shit by WB editors.
>>
>>89644961
>Say hello to another shit Snyder flick.
>>
>>89644961
Not necessary. MoS wasn't that long and it was decent.
>>
>>89644961
>Say hello to another Snyder flick shredded to shit by WB editors.
Its already shit when it gets to them, shredding or no.
>>
*say hello to another Snyder-kino, to be comprehended only by a small elite of film viewers.
>>
>>89644961

Doesn't matter, Legoverse is coming. Marvel is finished.
>>
>>89644961
Sauce?
>>
File: 1483251734230.jpg (214KB, 1023x934px) Image search: [Google]
1483251734230.jpg
214KB, 1023x934px
Seems legit
>>
>>89644961
3 hours is long, m8
>>
I mean I wouldn't be surprised with Snyder for that length, but the amount of """leaks""" that have happened I almost doubt it.
>>
>>89644996
This shut has to introduce more than 5 new characters.

>>89644961
Lego Batman > any shit that crawled out of the DCEU asshole. I hope that this shot bombs.
>>
>>89644961
So it will be just like burger fast food. Vastly oversized and full of garbage.
>>
You mean a bloated, sluggish, meandering mess?
>>
>>89644961
You do realize that Director's Cut of BvS didn't fix it. It just gave Superman couple of scenes of actually being Superman.
>>
File: 1429378152361.jpg (88KB, 597x453px) Image search: [Google]
1429378152361.jpg
88KB, 597x453px
>>89644961
But would you watch the 4 hours director's cut?
>>
600 million BO blooter incoming
>>
>>89645167
Protip: Most movies have to introduce more than 5 new characters.
>>
>>89645167
>This shut has to introduce more than 5 new characters.
Ikr, remember how shitty was the LotR because they didn't bother to introduce all the characters beforehand?
>>
>>89644961
I sat through all of Ben-Hur, the 1959 version.

181 minutes is nothing
>>
>>89645555
Snyder and Goyer has been shown to not even being good at characterizing Superman on the last 2 movies.

I really doubt that it will be any better with a bloated movie.
>>
File: a4c.gif (1MB, 160x230px) Image search: [Google]
a4c.gif
1MB, 160x230px
Are people excited about this or am I just not getting it?
>>
>>89645636
I would argue that fucking GOT 2 is more hyped than JL.

Fucking Deadpool made more than a Trinity movie after all.
>>
I bet it's going to be cut down to 121 minutes.
>>
>>89645636
I'm a huge DC fan overall, at least in terms of comics, and I love the characters far more than I do MARVEL chars.

I'm also jaded as hell with the piss poor DC movies. I really, really want to be hyped up for this, and I'm desperate for it to be good. But Snyder has done this shit twice all ready. If you create a movie knowing its going to be cut down for theatrical, it doesn't matter how good the Directors cut is, you're a shit director.

I'm not hyped.

Though I'm not hyped for any of the MCU films either desu.
>>
>>89644961

Why can't these fucks just let us have our ZacKinos without butchering them for casuals?
>>
I'm excited. It's an interesting universe.
>>
>>89644961
aaaaand no interest. He has made exactly ONE good movie and that's cause it had no plot at all. 300 was just a bunch of fun action and visuals so there was nothing to fuck up.
>>
So basically at least two hours of boring moody exposition
>>
>>89645617
difference is, that's a great movie. I even watched the outtakes and casting reel of it. Leslie Nielson was going to be a centurian in it, and god damn he was awesome. So used to him as a comedian it took me a while to get used to him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8epJqDBsEU4
>>
File: 1450385849020.jpg (355KB, 1080x1347px) Image search: [Google]
1450385849020.jpg
355KB, 1080x1347px
TRAILER WHEN
>>
>>89646044
I'm pretty sure we haven't had another trailer yet because they've looked at the film and realize it's shit, and now they're working overtime to make the best trailers possible.
>>
>>89646084
so they can sell it on the trailer alone, like they did Suicide Squad
>>
>>89646034
Yes it is a great movie, but it has to many scenes that drags on for to long
>>
>>89644961
>Make this movie that focuses on 6 main characters as short as possible to earn maximum commercial success

I'd be down with something like a 30 minute short film. Might contend with the Oscar noms for Best Short Picture
>>
>>89646153
Exactly.
>>
>it's a Disney attack thread
>>
DC cinematic universe needs to drop all plans of having themes and trying to be deep and just dive head first into Fast and the Furious territory. Write it all like a wrestling match. Let the action do the story telling. Fuck this Jesus shit.
>>
>>89645621
>Snyde rand Goyer has been shown to not even being good at characterizing Superman on the last 2 movies.

This is more that nerds are unable to even describe characters or how they're written.

It's not at all unique to Snyder movies.
>>
>>89645412
You bet.
>>
>>89644961
I'm sure they're going to cut out all the useless scenes, and leave in importaqnt ones, like scenes featuring the Daily Planet and Lois Lane.
>>
so in retrospect
should WB have just stood by their stand alone MoS trilogy and restarted for the actual DCCU
>>
>>89646174
>who is this mysterious Batman?
>This Flash guy, how he alludes me...
>>
>>89645636
not really
i remember the hype that surrounded BvS based on brand recognition alone,despite MoS being average people still wanted to see BvS and the DCEU unfold, but now it has finally caught on to normies how these movies turn out and even the most hardcore DC fans are looking elsewhere, Snyder will be lucky if people remember him as the Joel Schumacher of our era
>>
>>89646433
>Joel Schumacher
all style no substance. he already is
>>
>>89646180
Snyder is too pretentious to allow that to happen.
>>
>>89646433
>but now it has finally caught on to normies how these movies turn out and even the most hardcore DC fans are looking elsewhere

Mouse shilling hard at work
>>
File: 1469782182985.jpg (473KB, 2048x1408px) Image search: [Google]
1469782182985.jpg
473KB, 2048x1408px
>>89646406
How much of a difference do you think that could have made?
They might not be bogged down in trying to match MoS's downbeat, contemplative tone, but
WB would still be trying to crank out half-baked blockbusters on a tight schedule, and they would still struggle to retain quality directors given the high chance their own work would be overshadowed by studio interference.
>>
Loved MOS, but was stung by BvS. I wont be touching JL or WW with a pole until reviews come out giving it a solid.
>>
>>89645412
YES.

JL: Kino edition
>>
>>89646433
Batman Forever is a better movie than 90% of Marvel movies.
>>
>>89645412

I'll take a break half way through like I did with BvS director's cut.
>>
>only 181 minutes

ok lads, I will wait for the ultimate cut
>>
>>89647017
It's also better than the Watchmen and Hellblazer adaptations I'm not sure what your point is.
>>
>>89644996
Original MoS cut was 4 hours and a half. And I dont mean outtakes and other alternative scenes, I mean, there is out there, a full cohesive, finished 4 hours long version of the movie somewhere in Warner studios
>>
Will there be a kino stickey when this kino trailer drops?
>>
>>89644978
Say hello to an OP post shredded to shit by 4Chan Shitlords

Also very underrated post.
>>
>>89645346
>You do realize that Director's Cut of BvS made the movie even better?

fixed
>>
>>89647155
Generous amounts of doubt
>>
say hello to another snyder shitfest
>>
>>89647135
That Batman Forever was a bad movie compared wo returns and Batman, not compared to the crap that came out later, Batman Forever is not Batman & Robin,
But no, is not as good as Watchmen, even if you want to take dumb youtube video arguments as proof that a really good movie isnt.

>>89646180
>Let the action do the story telling. Fuck this Jesus shit.

You guys failed to understand the son god shit even when Luthor was calling superman apollo and still insist it was about jesus and not jusification. A movie that fails to be a good movie is better than one that is pop corn that will be forgotten in 6 months
>>
File: chill penguin reaction.jpg (21KB, 300x383px) Image search: [Google]
chill penguin reaction.jpg
21KB, 300x383px
>>89645412
I would watch a 5 hours director's cut.

I love both Marvel and Dc but when it comes to movies, Marvel just sucks, nothing that they do I ever feel like watching again.

Its like '' Remember Ant-man?? That was a really good movie! Let's watch agaiii....mmmm nah, I rather watch something new, what is Moral Orel? Let's watc this instead''

And I never saw it again
>>
>>89647184
"I remember being a little worried. Three and a half hours, okay, that’s fine for a movie of this size, the way Zack likes to work. This was more daunting. But we cut down “Man of Steel” from about 3 and half hours, I knew we’d get this done."

Nvm it was 3 and a half hours. Still almost as double the final cut
>>
>>89647206
>A movie that fails to be a good movie is better than one that is pop corn that will be forgotten in 6 months

I disagree, that is the perfect format for a yearly release film franchise. The F&F movies are absolutely godlike upon having embraced their schlock status.
>>
>>89647238
>>A movie that fails to be a good movie

I would say a good movie with problems.

I rather have something that tries and has problems like Batman V Superman in which they double down on being a COMIC BOOK MOVIE instead of saying ''comic books are stupid, let's just make jokes and throw a bunch of CGI''

The Marvel Disney movies are starting to feel like the current comics, as in a mess
>>
>>89647238
>that is the perfect format for a yearly release film franchise

And i don't care about that shit, just as i don't care about Marvel events. If someone overcook my steak i will get mad, but i still prefer someone fucking up once in a while over eating at mcdonalds everyday hoping mcrib is back.

Comics and comics movies don't need to be generic or formulaic.
>>
>>89647288
What was the last Fast and the Furious movie you saw? I feel like we're not on the same wavelength here.

Protip: Marvel movies are like the F&F movies in budget only. F&F has a ton of personality that most Marvel movies lack.
>>
>>89647017
>>89647135
No, it really isn't.

I get it, I really do. You people watched a couple of the phase 1 MCU movies weren't impressed and have formed every opinion about everything other movie since then based on anecdotal evidence from malcontents online. If you don't want to like something you just gravitate towards all the negative shitposting and meme and say to yourself, "hey enough people are saying this that it might be true, I think this will be my opinion now as well"

All in all it's no different than people complaining about the comics of the other company they don't like: "Let me tell you why the comics I read are better than the comics I don't read." or, in this case, "Let me tell you why the movies I watch are better than the movies I don't watch"

I know, the DCEU has you disappointed, but could you please stop shitting on the MCU as a compensatory coping mechanism. Yes, we're sorry the MCU isn't the cinematic equivalent of Kingdom Come/Earth-X or the Godfather with capes or the big boy comic book stories for big boy comic book readers like yourself. They're movies that have been crafted increasingly better, appeal to multiple demographics and create brand recognition for characters that audiences didn't know existed or cared about before 2008.

Imagine that, audiences want Heros that act like Heros, not grimdark exposition and pseudo-Miller/Nolan dystopian commentary.

>>89647208
You're like that angry trailer park kid with the botched Foxhound Tatoo that can be found hanging out at any game stop from 2006-2008 arguing with people about why the PS3 was the best thing ever.
>>
>>89647336
>Comics and comics movies don't need to be generic or formulaic.
Sadly, pretty much most comic book movies are.
>>
ITT: Apologists try to turn this into an excuse to bitch about the MCU.

Stop pretending to have opinions about movies you refuse to watch.

>>89647368
Yeah, you'd think they were movies based on a superfluous medium notorious for this dubious story telling and characterizations.
>>
>>89647336
>Comics and comics movies don't need to be generic or formulaic.

I would agree if I knew they'd hire a director who had a solid grasp on movie storytelling, but they keep hiring the film equivalent of late-Bleach-era Tite Kubo.

Zhang Yimou, now that guy knows proper good bullshit spectacle.
>>
>>89647396
>Yeah, you'd think they were movies based on a superfluous medium notorious for this dubious story telling and characterizations.
That's superhero movies, which is sadly the basis for most comic book movies.

Stuff like American Splendor and Road to Perdition are great.
>>
>>89647206
>A movie that fails to be a good movie is better than one that is pop corn that will be forgotten in 6 months

Not really.

People made a MCU Captain America thread that got much more IPs than "safe space" Snydercuck threads, and unlike snydercuck threads, most people were positive regarding the subject.

Hell, the amount of fanart, things written about these characters and so on, clearly show that the MCU build a larger fanbase that likes to produce content for it.

The few snydercucks that exist, just cicrclejerk on reddit, and spend all the day trying to argue with anons here.
>>
File: 109720a.jpg (51KB, 320x163px) Image search: [Google]
109720a.jpg
51KB, 320x163px
Jesus fuck. So will this happen?
>>
>>89647430
And Neon Demon and all that other stuff, yeah yeah. It doesn't sell, just look how Warner Bros foray with Vertigo comics movies in the 00s turned out. The Drove it into the ground and are attempting to continue film making in that tone with the current DCEU.
>>
>>89647347

You sound butthurt.
>>
>>89647442
/thread

This entire thread is nothing but either:

> "Yeah the DCEU sucks, but it's still better than the MCU"

or

> "Yeah the DCEU movies are flawed, but I'll take a flawed diamond over a Mcdonnalds Happy Meal anyday.
>>
They should release it in two formats in theaters:
Pleb two hour cut
Three hour Kino cut
>>
>>89647347
>didn't know existed or cared about before 2008.

And that no one cares about 3 years after they are out, no one remembers the last thor movie or Iron man 3, just like avatar, or the Fast and Furious movies that you like, people doesnt care about the characters, they won't have a lasting impact. The movies are popular, but the characers will still be forgotten. No one cares if a Thor movie is garbage or if Civil War Cap was the opposite of 616 cap, Why? No one really cares, they go expecting happy meals and sometimes find a good movie like with guardians, but that's it.

They are not turning Cap or Iron Man into Spiderman, much less batman or superman. Stop pretending people that believes those movies are bad didnt watch them, i read Darkseid War, it was garbage, i sadly still read Marvel events (even thought the last time i paid for an issue was WWH).

The difference is that some of us, don't go to the movies just to watch capeshit or blockbusters. Just like some people read more that just event comics from the big 2 some people actually cares about movies that cost less than 100 millions to make.
>>
>>89647442

>Hell, the amount of fanart

Gay fanart shipping Cap and Bucky, Thor and Loki, and so on by Tumblr fangirls?
>>
>>89647482
Yeah and everyone else in this thread just sounds peachy amirite? Clearly this is the only post by someone with a grievance.
>>
>>89647442
>Hell, the amount of fanart, things written about these characters and so on, clearly show that the MCU build a larger fanbase that likes to produce content for it.

Lol are you seriously trying to argue that fandom is good
>>
>>89647288
>I rather have something that tries and has problems like Batman V Superman in which they double down on being a COMIC BOOK MOVIE instead of saying ''comic books are stupid, let's just make jokes and throw a bunch of CGI''

But BvS was an insult to the inteligente of everyone, full of plot holes and characters acting randomly and written by a guy that thinks that Martian Manhunter is worthless on the league because only virgins know him.

Hell that shit is damaging the characters on the eyes of the public.
>>
>>89647509
The public doesn't care
>>
>>89647493
>Pleb two hour cut

More like 105 pleb cut (includes 15 minutes in the middle so you can go to the batroom and buy more candy).

>>89647396
>ITT: Apologists try to turn this into an excuse to bitch about the MCU.

That wasnt what happened, a jackass said DC movies need to be like the fast and furious movies.
>>
>>89647509

>full of plot holes and characters acting randomly

Funny, that when you ask about that shit the poster just proves he didn't understood simple things because he wasn't paying attention. Then you try to explain things they brush it off as being your headcanon.
>>
>>89647509
>and written by a guy that thinks that Martian Manhunter

Johns didnt wrote the movie.

>>89647509
>Hell that shit is damaging the characters on the eyes of the public.

Are you sure about that?

Superman was more popular this halloween than ANY mcu character, Captian America in fact went down this year.
>>
>>89644961
no thanks.
>>
>>89647501
> And that no one cares about 3 years after they are out, no one remembers the last thor movie or Iron man 3, just like avatar, or the Fast and Furious movies that you like, people doesnt care about the characters, they won't have a lasting impact. The movies are popular, but the characers will still be forgotten. No one cares if a Thor movie is garbage or if Civil War Cap was the opposite of 616 cap, Why? No one really cares, they go expecting happy meals and sometimes find a good movie like with guardians, but that's it.

Except everyone still remembers all those movies and still talks about them. Just because you choose to stay in circles of people online that shit on these movies doesn't mean you're in any position to make an overreaching baseless claim about their staying power. If anything you were saying was true then the MCU movies wouldn't be seeing sales beyond their phase 1 counterparts.

> They are not turning Cap or Iron Man into Spiderman, much less batman or superman.

You're right, because Civil War outsold the Batman vs Superman movie quite handily and was far better reviewed and recieved. If anything it would appear they're taking Cap and Iron Man beyond Bats and Supes.

> The difference is that some of us, don't go to the movies just to watch capeshit or blockbusters. Just like some people read more that just event comics from the big 2 some people actually cares about movies that cost less than 100 millions to make.

Then stop coming into threads about movies that cost more than 100 millions to make. You've really only yourself to blame.
>>
File: Avengers-Pokemon-Assemble.jpg (615KB, 750x3493px) Image search: [Google]
Avengers-Pokemon-Assemble.jpg
615KB, 750x3493px
>>89647508
I like fanart.

Just saying that the argument "everyone forget that the movies exist" is stupid, considering that they have a larger fanbase that produces much more content than anything related to BvS or the DCEU.
>>
>>89647555
> Muh Halloween costumes

Enjoy your soon-to-be Harley Quinn Cinematic Universe.
>>
>>89644961
Just like with BvS, WB shredding it isn't going to make it bad.

It'll be bad even at full length, WB will just make sure we have to watch less bad shit.
>>
>>89647508
Nigga, the suits and the people working on this shit would love if this thing had a Fandom.

>>89647555
>Johns didnt wrote the movie.

We are talking about Goyer.
>>
>>89647555
>Superman was more popular this halloween than ANY mcu character, Captian America in fact went down this year.

Well duh, on Halloween people like to dress up as Monsters and murderers, not heroes
>>
>>89647531
>a jackass

Well boo on you, sir.
>>
Don't worry guys, in 30 years people will recognize these movies for the works of art that they are. Right?.... right?
>>
>>89647572

>considering that they have a larger fanbase that produces much more content than anything related to BvS or the DCEU.

That argument is really stupid.

How many MCU movies are there? 10? 13? The Avengers was released years ago and had a bunch of hot guys in it. Of course there will be a lot more fanart about the MCU because of it. You've tons of movies, tons of characters, tons of shipping potential.

Now the DCAU has what? 3 movies? The first two showing only the DC trinity and some villains. How many times can you show Superman and Batman fucking before it gets old? You can see now with the SS that there are tons of fanart based on the squad or Harley Quinn/Joker.
>>
>>89647555
>Superman was more popular this halloween than ANY mcu character, Captian America in fact went down this year.

I blame Clown costumes being banned this last year. It's only naturally they'd go for the next best substitute.
>>
>>89647534
Are you the same guy that went insane and made a thread calling Strange's Cape a plot hole, just because someone pointed out that you was trying to use your headcanons to fix plot holes.

Like Lex randomly making Doomsday without knowing the result of the fight of Batman against Superman.

Or Superman ignoring criminals right in front of him, just because if he talked to them, he would have found the macguffing.
>>
>>89647664
To be honest I only see fanart of Harley.
>>
>>89647664
Listen dude...

LISTEN

You're not going to spin this to your favor, you're just not. Right now you're just grasping at straws. Number of movies has nothing to do with it, hot guys is only part of the equation and even then are you to saying Afleck and Cavill aren't hot? I'm jesus dude.

Face it, the only fandom the DCEU will ever have is kino circle-jerkers and Harely Quinn.
>>
>>89647584

Why are you avoiding the issue?

After BvS Superman isnt less popular.

I'm not going to talk about adult merch, Warner always knew they would sell a lot of clothes (way more than what Disney gets). But that is a terrible argument:

The s-shield and bat logo are great shit for t-shirts and everyone has known that for years, Venom and Punisher, has been THE top-selling marvel t-shirts for like 30 years so it's a terrible metric.

>>89647572
Target audience and the TBBT fans are not a good sample, it's the same reason you don't use Tumblr of 4chan for market studies, (a lesson some companies had to learn in /v/).

You don't study the impact of a product on the dedicated FANBASE. I'm not even trying to put you down, i'm telling you about a very simple truth, it's like Spiderman, By all metrics he is the most popular superhero among toddlers and very young kids, and it has been that way for decades, but when those kids grow up the don't remember green goblin, or not even care about superheroes in general anymore.
>>
>>89647676

I haven't even seen Dr. Strange yet. Slow down.

And Lex had no faith that Batman would be able to defeat Superman. Lex has an enormous ego.

The Superman bit during the chase i concede. That scene bothers me.
>>
>>89646084
Or maybe because WW is coming out first and this isnt coming out til Nov.
>>
File: 1407237423540s.jpg (3KB, 125x123px) Image search: [Google]
1407237423540s.jpg
3KB, 125x123px
>>89644961
>Any movie whatsoever
>a single second longer than 2 hours
>>
>>89647707

>Listen dude...

>LISTEN

>You're not going to spin this to your favor, you're just not.

Well, okay. Nice talking to you.

You're probably right. The large number of movies, thus the large number of characters and content to explore in fanarts and fanfics certainly have nothing to do with it.
>>
>>89647600
>We are talking about Goyer.

I know. And i'm saying that isnt important.
>>
>>89647711
BvS sold less tickets, was well less received and critically panned.

Did it ever occur to you that Warner Bros had nearly twice the licensing for halloween costumes as Disney this last year? Maybe Superman sold more because the costumes were more ubiquitously available.
>>
>>89647601
>and murderers

MCU Cap is a murderer, and in Civil war he was a villian, not a hero.
>>
>>89647170
Okay, listen, Director's Cut is like Patrick Stewart in Emoji movie. Yes, it's a Patrick Stewart, but he is voicing poop. In Emoji movie.

You can't polish a turd.
>>
>>89647667
>I blame Clown costumes being banned this last year.

And Joker was in what place?

Also, Captain america was in the low 40's last year,a nd went down this year
>>
>>89647715
>And Lex had no faith that Batman would be able to defeat Superman. Lex has an enormous ego

Why even bother with a 2 years old plan them? He probably didn'the even knew that he could make Abomination during this, so what was his plan after Clark killed Batman?
>>
File: 7114.8 MiB.jpg (7KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
7114.8 MiB.jpg
7KB, 320x240px
>>89644961
>181 minutes
Jesus fucking Christ, the man and studio clearly learned nothing from BvS.
>>
>WB editors
>he actually believes the theatrical cut of BvS wasn't Snyder's work

the dipshit KNOWS he can't release a 3 hour long movie and he fucking ADMITS it
>>
>>89647749
The fanbase has been there since the first couple of flicks. Iron Man solidified the brand and Avengers was the crescendo.

The DCEU has nothing like that going for it and I sincerely hope you don't think more movies or the Justice League movie is going to inspire any kind of active fandom.
>>
>>89647676
>Like Lex randomly making Doomsday

It's called plan b, Luthor for the entire movie is doing stuff that will benefit him regardless of the result, that's not a plot hole.
>>
>>89644961
Say hello to another extended cut dvd and another six months of "it's not his fault! the extended cut will be better! buy the bonus features!"
>>
>>89647711
>I'm not going to talk about adult merch, Warner always knew they would sell a lot of clothes

Cap's shield sell way more than DCEU super's shirts mate. Even more considering that they were B lists know the eyes of the public not even 15 years ago.
>>
>>89647803
Im pretty sure Doomsday was not made for Clark but just as a weapon regardless for Lex to use.
He imprinted the god character on Clark and himself because he created life.
>>
>>89646406
if they got rid of Snyder or at least his retarded ideas to make MoS 2, it would be better
>>
>>89647765
>? Maybe Superman sold more because the costumes were more ubiquitously available.

Superman and Cap didnt change that much, Cap was hurt by the deadpool customes probably. Cap went down and superman went up, both barely, So the idea the Movie hurt Superman is as valid as to say Civil war hurt cap
>>
>>89647711
>You don't study the impact of a product on the dedicated FANBASE.

Nigga, just saying that "everyone forget MCU movies" is a stupid argument, considering that they have much.more fans online producing content. Reality shows that this argument doesn'the make sense.
>>
>>89647817
Why does WB want to rush to the JL movie instead of cranking out half a dozen films leading up to it? Those solo movies would still make a ton of money if they were well-made.
>>
>>89647817
DC is still casual central. It doesnt seem like much because its been a constant in our lives as compared to Marvel who just went mainstream for non Xmen/Fantastic 4 characters.
>>
>>89647847
>Cap's shield sell way more than DCEU super's shirts mate.

That is bullshit and you know it, he is still a B lister.
>>
>>89647752
Having a screenwriter insult the potential audience of the film is an issue.
>>
>>89647916
You keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>89647858
This is the fifth reasoning that I read about this scene, and like the others, it is pretty weak.
>>
>>89647932
Then why do you think Lex made Doomsday.
>>
>>89647916
>he is still a B lister.

Fucking Kek.

Every MCU movie promoted a character on this regard. Not talking about quality, but about being recognizable and having a fanbase.

Iron Man is now as much of an A list as Harley is for DC :^)
>>
>>89647959
Bad writing and Lex going insane randomly, disregarding his 2 year long plan for no reason at all.

Because they needed to shove Doomsday and Superman's death somehow.
>>
>>89644961
This movie is more than two fucking hours long, I goddamn love the JLA so much I can masturbate to the thought of Batman and Superman punching Lex Luther at the same time and even I think this is excessive
>>
>>89648009
I would love to know what Lex's plan for after Doomsday killed Superman and kept on rampaging was.
>>
>>89647932
Hey man, Lex has back up plans for back up plans. The same thing can be utilized for several different things, to take in count possible variables
>>
>>89648120
Build and sell Kryptonite weaponry that the government said no to the first time around.
>>
Isn't it goddamn awful how our only choices are shit art and decent vapidity? Superheroes are now just tools for the corporate elite to sate adults appetite for change and brain watch children to follow to status quo. Grant Morrison has failed, Superman is a product.
>>
>>89647922
Is not, him doing a shitty job is a bad thing, Johns doesnt insult GL and the changes he did to the GL movie didnt help a bit, he loves Flash, and the changes he did to the JL ended up killing the movie.

Film making isnt about if you like something or not, Is about if you do a good job and can translate ideas into things. BvS suffers from that. Snyder choose a Revange Tragedy format for an action movie, a format that doesnt mix well with modern movies: it's not about the characters, but about how the characters clash with the worlkd and how everything points at the end. Snyder choose to use the "oniric" filter when superman used his powers, and that worked well at the montage, it was a cool concept, Especially when after that "dreamy" stuff where superman existence brings the incredible to the world he just calls his mom at night and show how human he truly is compared to how he is seen, that's was great... But once again we ended up with a problem, Snyder used the same trick in the fight with DOOMSDAY, the oniric filter KILLED the scene, didnt work with the fast pace action, it killed the GREAT CGI and made it look not only surrealist, but absolutly fake, like a ps3 cut escene, that is the perfect example of the real problem: Snyder has clear ideas that clash with the reality of film making, he doesnt have the skills to put his vision in movement. Is not Goyer, is not Plot holes that can be explained by paying attention, is not the lack of focus on the central characters (not a problem). The Team wants something, the public expect something else (everyone has a different opinion on how superman and bats are), the studio wants something. And there's no way this arrogant team will make the others happy. BvS is a mess, but for reasons beyond "muh jesus" or that superman doesnt smile.
>>
>>89647979

The Joker is A lister. Harley is a b-lister tops.

Superman, Batman, Spiderman are beyond A-lister. No one can name one enemy of Captain America.

>>89648120
>Build and sell Kryptonite weaponry that the government said no to the first time around.

That anon understand how lex works. Lex is a cunt

>>89648180
>Isn't it goddamn awful how our only choices are shit art and decent vapidity?

Yes.
>>
>>89648194
Please nigga, Goyer has been awful.
>>
>>89648120
>know the identities of the justice league
>hey guys come fight this thing for me
>become leader of justice league
>>
>>89648241
>No one can name one enemy of Captain America.
Red Skull. Adolph Hitler.
>>
>>89648252
Is Adolph Hitler bigger than Lex Luther?
>>
>>89648252

No one remembers first avenger, or can name the bad guy of iron man 2, this is a comic book and cartoon board. we all like this characters but we can't pretend Captain America is truly an A-lister.

Hulk and Wondy? Sure. But Cap and Iron man? no way.
>>
>>89647208
Hi Zack!
>>
>>89648241
>Harley is a b-lister tops.

Not really.

She outsells most of DC characters.
>>
>>89644961
In five years DC fans will look upon this whole phase, shake their heads sadly and laugh it off, like the Schumacher Bat films.

Meanwhile the MCU will have soft rebooted, Tom Holland Spidey will be in college and Disney Borg will have run Star Wars into the ground.
>>
>>89648344
Look man you're welcome to make this claim all you want (and I'll even agree that Iron Man 2 was forgettable) but you've got nothing backing it up beyond going "nope" a lot.

And sure, Batman and Superman are top tier names. That doesn't mean, as you seem to be implying, that WB can just rest on their laurels and coast on that fame indefinitely. Brands can be damaged. Tier lists are NOT immutable.
>>
>>89648344
Whiplash?
>>
>>89648344
>No one remembers first avenger

Says you.

Do you have proof?

Hell, Hulk was arguably an A list for Marvel on pop culture, and no funding body knows his villains.
>>
>>89645141
DCEU buzz doesn't need sources since the worst always happens to be true anyway
>>
>>89648249

That sounds pretty in character desu
>>
It was obvious that the movie would be bloated from the spoilers alone.
>>
>>89648249
That actually makes sense. Did the movie actually support that besides Lex gathering intel about the future JLers?
>>
>>89648624
No.

Hence it being a headcanon.
>>
>>89648249
>>89648460
>>89648624

If the fag got knew this...

Why the he'll would have he stood straight in front of the thing while it was going to punch him?

Lex didn had a plan, he was going to die right there.
>>
File: 138557_v1.jpg (50KB, 300x338px) Image search: [Google]
138557_v1.jpg
50KB, 300x338px
>>89648180
>implying Superman wasn't always a product

That whole "superheroes are just marketing tools" thing you're complaining about? It's pretty much always been the case, it's been going on since the 1930's. Like, small example, kryptonite? The substance that's become integral to most Superman stories? It wasn't created for any deep reason, it was created to give the actor that played Superman in the radio serials a way to take a week off. That's it.

You can still enjoy superheroes and superhero media, but you're kidding yourself if you really think they were created to be anything but products, and you're going to be waiting a long time if you're expecting them to ever become "true art" or whatever.
>>
>>89648785
>Why the he'll would have he stood straight in front of the thing while it was going to punch him?

>lex plans go to shit
>lex being attacked by his creations

You mean like ALL the fucking time? Lex having to be saved by superman is one of the oldest things about lex. Is not a plot hole. It's Victor and Adam.
>>
>>89648948

>It's Victor and Adam.

Oh thank God more symbolism, I was afraid a character might be defined by who they are in the movie instead of being summarised in symbolism, lord knows we can't have that or Snyder might have to actually characterise somebody outside of Lois Lane.
>>
>>89648948
Just saying that if it happened, he didn't had a plan, and the entire thing was just random buckshot to justify Doomsday
>>
File: Adam and Victor.jpg (518KB, 1813x1416px) Image search: [Google]
Adam and Victor.jpg
518KB, 1813x1416px
>>89649006
>Oh thank God more symbolism

I really hope you are joking.
>>
>>89645156
lol its only 2 hours and 4 minutes
210 minutes is 3 hours
>>
>>89644961
I hope Lego Batman is a sucess, so WB scraps the DCEU and focus on a DC LEGO cinematic universe.
>>
File: descarga.jpg (9KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
9KB, 183x275px
>>89649006

Pic related was called Adam Frankenstein. Victor was the crazy scientist that fathered him out of dead bodies...

The Book was Called "Frankenstein; or, The Modern Prometheus".

Prometheus...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-f04lznji0

Not even using Lex speech at the party in BvS. One thing about lex is that he DELUDES himself seen himself as prometheus, just as victor did, when in reality he is just a insane amoral man.
>>
>>89649505
Why Snyder and Goyer care more about making references than actually making a good movie?

Lex's motivation to create Doomsday is still random and stupid, and had nothing to do with Frankstein's movie.
>>
>>89644961
See now I'm not even seeing this movie out of curiosity. I'm not about to sit a let Zack shit in my mouth for 3 hours.
>>
>>89649313
Are you drunk?
>>
>>89644961
Zack would make a great Razor Ghoul and a great classic Zod.
>>
>>89649615
>and had nothing to do with Frankstein's movie.

Is a book.
A book that started the mad genius archetype.

Lex wanting the power of the gods and his prometheus delutions are not only part of his motivations, it expands the knowledge you (clearly not you) have about the character, is not a small reference, that's why Lex goes full sperg about prometheus, humanity and how selfish the gods are in the party.

>Lex's motivation to create Doomsday is still random and stupid

No, his ego isnt random, and him wanting to create something stronger than superman isnt stupid either, at least no more than any other version of lex.

So once again, the problem isnt muh jesus, is that some of you didnt pay attention to the fucking movie
>>
>>89647509
>full of plot holes
Youtube tier criticism

Learn about films, you will understand that plot is probably the least important thing and that classic movies are all full of plotholes. Not just highly praised classic movies, but even the shit you defend in the MCU.

CW is full of plotholes while also being a bad movie overall.
>>
File: savage.jpg (21KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
savage.jpg
21KB, 640x360px
>>89647785
>You can't polish a turd

Mythbuster has proven otherwise
I expect around 24% RT because critics just won't get it as studio fucks over yet another Snyder masterpiece and +4 hours director's cut to follow
>>
>>89649875
Look at this pathetic Snydercuck.

>m-muh company wars
>m-muh CW
>o-other better movies have X, so there is no problem with BvS doing Xbox, even if the execution sucks.
>m-muh YouTube
>>
>>89650137
Nice comeback
>>
>>89650180
>o-other better movies have X, so there is no problem with BvS doing X, even if the execution sucks.

People are willing to accept plot holes if the product is actually good.
>>
>>89649837
>No, his ego isnt random, and him wanting to create something stronger than superman isnt stupid either

People are saying that the time and the conditions for it were stupid and convoluted. It basically ignored his own 2 years plan that wasn't even finished, and came out of nowhere. Also he had no way to control a random monster, the only justification that you can come up for this is that he suddenly went full insane.
>>
>>89649837
You know that your Frankstein talk is worthless because it is just a shifty reference right? References don't make something good, Snyder is like the Steven Universe of movies, but with older movies on the place of anime.
>>
>>89647155
>>89647184
Don't the majority of movies have 4+ hours of content before being edited?
>>
>>89648120
"Okay my son, now you work for me!"

He thought he could control Doomsday by using his blood because Lex is retarded, just like in the comics. But, unusually, he was actually wrong for once.
>>
>>89650430
>is just a shifty reference right?

Is not, is lex MOTIVATION. Not his dad or all the bullshit he says

>>89650388
>. Also he had no way to control a random monster

He thought it would obbey, just like Victor and Adam, and just like Lex and his plans in the comics, lex always will fuck up and his ego always makes him fuck up, he got desperate and send doomsday thinking he could just fix it later, that's lex luthor 101
>>
>>89650480

you mean all the total footage filmed for the entire movie before they start editing anything? it would be way more than 4 hours since they do a fuckton of takes (you think they'd end up with only 4 hours of film after moths of shooting?) and none of it would be in order since they film shit based on how convenient it is and when they can have locations reserved and shit, rather than chronological order
>>
>>89647206
Umm, forever was better than returns.
>>
>>89651178
I don't agree, but Forever is not bad
>>
>>89647410
I know this isn't /tv/, but Zhang Yimou went from a creator of genuine cinéma to meme-tier kino (in the sense of purely visual entertainment).

Riding Alone for Thousands of Miles is his only good film released after Hero.
>>
>>89647155
Nothing about Mos lacked cohesiveness.
>>
The ultimate cut of watchmen is 215 minutes of pure awesomeness.
>>
>>89650899
>Is not, is lex MOTIVATION.

A reference isn't a motivation.

He has no reason to create Doomsday if he spent 2 years preparing everything to Batman kill Superman, even more because he had no way to control or even talk to Doomsday, unlike what happened with the creature on Frankstein that could communicate.

>He thought it would obbey, just like Victor and Adam

But it is nothing like the book, the creature was like a child that wanted to learn. Lex knew what messing with kryptonian DNA would do, it is why he did it in the first place.

You are trying to justify Lex being stupid with "it is a reference bro". Why the hell adding blood would ever make Doomsday obey him? Why the hell would Lex believe that this would work? This is a non sequitur, random rationalization.

>and just like Lex and his plans in the comics, lex always will fuck up and his ego always makes him fuck u

EXCEPT it wasn't his ego, but failing in basic logic that any viewer can see miles away.

The rationalization that blood would make him obey Lex is just plain stupid and insane.

>he got desperate and send doomsday thinking he could just fix it later, that's lex luthor 101

Stop trying to justify pathetic writing by saying "just like the comics". There weren't any reason for him to get desperate in the first place, because he didn't knew the result of the Superman X batman fight to begin with.
>>
>>89649837
That's all great but it doesn't excuse a shitty delivery that was BvS.

Eisenberg's Lex was cartoonish (even for a comic book movie) and pointing out Lex-Doomsday and Frankenstein reference just makes it obvious how lazy Snyder is at conveying messages. None of it was really needed, I would have been fine if they find out Lex was behind making Batman and Superman fight, behind the public backlash and in the end gets away with it. He could have done so much with that alone.

Doomsday should have been saved for a later film. Hell, he would have been great for the JL film as I remember the origin of Doomsday, he literally beat the shit out of the entire JL (or most of them) single handed.

Also the scene where Lois throws the Kryptonite spear in the water after Superman already recovered and flew away was stupid. It felt like a lazy way to add tension.
>>
>>89644961
>WB editors
Ohhh that's the only reason why his movies are shit?
>>
ITT:

> "B-b-b-but the MCU is still worse..."

ITT:

> "All the plot holes in BvS make sense if you make up your own reasons for why they happened!"

ITT:

> "The movies would be fine if they were 5 hours long! Fucking Casuals"
>>
File: 1439839987901.gif (3MB, 720x302px) Image search: [Google]
1439839987901.gif
3MB, 720x302px
>implying it's the editors
>>
File: Well Fix It In Post.jpg (265KB, 900x1101px) Image search: [Google]
Well Fix It In Post.jpg
265KB, 900x1101px
>>89644961
Yes.

Its Snyder's fault that he's never made a good movie in his life.

And even if somehow the editors were to blame, why hasn't he learned by now to NOT make 3 hour long movies?
>>
>>89652449
What are you implying with that gif
>>
>>89644961
If they manage to cut out another 15 meaningless seconds of staring at Batfleck's ass, I say go crazy, WB editors.
>>
>>89645534

Most movies have to introduce more than just 5. Fucking 12 angry men has to introduce you to almost dozen guys.
>>
>>89653393
>Fucking 12 angry men has to introduce you to almost dozen guys.

It wasnt an action movie
>>
>>89653115
I'd just his league
>>
>>89653426
>action movies never have more than 12 characters.
>>
Plenty of time to fit in another jar of piss.
>>
>>89653493
Characters and protagonists are not the same, in the case of BvS the characters and protagonists were secundary.
>>
>>89653493
characters matter less in action movies
is what I think he means
>>
>>89653393
>Fucking 12 angry men has to introduce you to almost dozen guys.
No, it did introduce you to a dozen guys, but it was written by someone who knew how to write well-realized and fleshed-out characters for the type of movie it was trying to achieve, and was also directed who managed to keep people invested in the plot.

Juror 3 was a better antagonist than Lex and Zodd and Juror 8 is a better hero than Superman. I'd definitely watch 12 Angry Men over most movies.
>>
>>89653393
Most movies aren't trying to use their movie as a vehicle to launch a number of distinct additional franchises based around characters in their movie.

Try to imagine if 12 Angry Men had 12 distinct spinoffs, each focused on one of the Jurors.
>>
>>89653625

I'd watch the one starring the little shrimpy guy that voiced Piglett.
>>
>>89653625
>Try to imagine if 12 Angry Men had 12 distinct spinoffs, each focused on one of the Jurors

I think you just pitched a pilot for the next netflix/amazon series.
>>
>>89653625
Honestly, with the personalities that each Juror has, it would be pretty cool. Juror 2 is timid and afterwards he gained confidence, Juror 5 came from slums, Juror 10 had troubles running garages and is a racist, Juror 11 is a European watchmaker who emigrated to America. There is definitely potential

But that's the beauty of 12 Angry Men, the characters did their jobs and settled the conflict together, we don't need to see each of them afterwards.
Thread posts: 203
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.