[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel so sorry for people who dropped this early

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: Gotham.jpg (92KB, 951x511px) Image search: [Google]
Gotham.jpg
92KB, 951x511px
I feel so sorry for people who dropped this early
>>
>>89644442
Meh, I liked it better when it was more of a police procedural
>>
I think Gotham, Lucifer, Agents of SHIELD, iZombie and Outcast are way more entertaining than The Flash or Daredevil
why does /co/ hate fun elseworlds
>>
>>89644556

Gotham's honestly great because it doesn't deal with super powers. It deals more with science and crime than actual shit like magic, fire manipulation, etc, etc.

I'd say Flash/Legends equally fits into this category too, the issue with the CWverse is that its built on spin offs more so than anything else so it ends up being heavily saturated with content.

Daredevil/JJ are meant to be more serious and dark compared to the usual marvel shtick, i think JJ is honestly Marvel's most impressive TV IP right now, waaaay more enjoyable than DD and LC. Curious to see how Iron fist will perform in a few weeks time.
>>
>>89644627
I actually think Flash/Legends are the weak links in the Berlantiverse
at least everyone in Arrow and Supergirl is oddly enthusiastic about being in it
while the former shows kinda feel like they exhibit a little apathy from the acting to the writing itself
Arrrow is like cheesy fun this season and Supergirl embraces corny real real hard
>>
>>89644627
This is some of the worst taste I have seen this year so far.
The only impressive thing about JJ is how much of a turd it is.
>>
>>89644643
>Flash/Legends are the weak links in the Berlantiverse
Which is sorta boggling really: when Flash first came on everyone (including most of the writers) ditched Arrow for it and Supergirl's first (non-CW) season was pure cringe.

But we're looking at Yet Another Evil Speedster this season (who will, I have little doubt, attempt to Steal Flash's Speed only to fail when Barry Runs Fasta), meh.

Legends just needs to go (it's really clear from Flash and LoT both that no one involved can write Time Travel to save their lives).

What I don't understand is how they could have a Flash that's clearly got nothing to do with the DC movies and then bring in Superman to guest on Supergirl (with, as near as I can tell, close to universal praise) but they won't just go ahead and to JLA (Superman, Flash, and Martian Manhunter all exist in the CWverse) or, at the least, JSA as a series.
>>
>>89644556
Outcast is the only that isn't dogshit, though.
>>
>>89645103
iZombie is a top tier television show, and Lucifer is one of Fox's highest rated shows because people love it

Outcast is secretly super good though
I'm glad it was renewed for a second season even before the first episode premiered
>>
>>89645052
>Yet Another Evil Speedster
>getting mad at a tv show for being faithful to how they do it in the comics
>>
>>89645181
iZombie is awful. I'm convinced only waifufags like that terrible shit.

I don't care what people love, people love fucking Desperate Housewives.
Lucifer is a generic procedural with a gimmick, which the exact same garbage we've been getting ever since Monk but with none of Monk's entertainment value.
>>
>>89645202
it has the same writing as Party Down and Veronica Mars, maybe you just don't like witty shows

and Lucifer has a huge audience maybe partially because the actors are charismatic as fuck
why hate on Desperate Housewives when it got based Terry Hatcher a paycheck?
I don't get it, if these shows aren't your style then don't watch them but they are actually decent, it not good to great, and that's why they've developed audiences and got more seasons
at least all of them are more entertaining than the mess that was Constantine or any of the wannabe-Wire Netflix shows where people fawn over little nods to the comics
>>
>>89645185
>implying the comics have never done anything but Evil Speedsters and Time Travel Fuckery
>>
>>89645202
>Lucifer is a generic procedural with a gimmick
For the first half of the first season, yes; but it's gotten much more involved with it's own mythology since then.
>>
>>89645254
speedforce ruined The Flash in every medium forever
Waid was a mistake
Messner-Loebs all dlay
>>89645268
plus it's actually really entertaining and the entire cast has great chemistry
this current season is fantastic television
>>
>>89645239
>witty shows
If that obnoxious trash is what you consider "witty", then you have absolutely awful taste. Which is expected from /co/.
>but they are actually decent, it not good to great
I have an advice, watch good television for once.
> that's why they've developed audiences and got more seasons
You mean, just like all the soap operas that had seasons in double-digits?
>wannabe-Wire Netflix shows
At least you have one good opinion. Netflix trash is extremely overrated.
>>89645295
>this current season is fantastic television
You really have low standards, don't you?
>>
>>89645351
are you watching them? like iZombie grew so much and Lucifer has too. They've both developed a lot of fun lore and although still procedural shows, they have really interesting overarching plots
any given episode of either one of those shows just simply has better writing than the Berlanti/Netflix/WalkingDead but they don't get taken seriously because they abandoned their comic premise in every way but name
>>
>>89645401
I do unfortunately, because I'm a useless idiot who has nothing worthwhile to do with his free time and still hope shit gets good.
All those shows are awful.
>they have really interesting overarching plots
Those borefests are not interesting in any way.
>better writing than the Berlanti/Netflix/WalkingDead
About as much of an accomplishment as "smartest retard"
>>
File: CWvsFox.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
CWvsFox.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>
>>89645455
ok then hate on all live action adaptions
a lot of people genuinely love them or enjoy them to some degree
I'm just trying to make an argument these shows should get more attention than 4 Flash or Felicity threads being acceptable

no one remembers The Middlemen or Human Target and it's because of this pervading dismissive attitude
why can't we be more a little more accepting /co/mrade
let a little love into our hearts and realize perfect adaptations of funny books made for children will never really happen as you envision it
have a little fun
>>
>>89645495
Human Target was actually good though.
I just find all of those other shows extremely boring. Outcast is the first one in years that made me care about what's happening.
>>
>>89644508
When was that?
>>
>>89645460
Gotham without a doubt has better cinematography. They've also put way more effort into making their locations feel like Gotham than the production designers on Arrow have to make it feel like Star City.
>>
>>89645202
The best aspects of iZombie are Major's descents and the villains.
>>
>>89645794
What "villains"?
Blaine was the only memorable one.
>>
>>89645804
Don E. and Chief were pretty great last season.
And while grating...Vaughn had his moments.

I'm also glad we're going full on Umbrella when it comes back in March.
>>
>>89644442
It gets really good a little ways into the first season. From what I've seen most people dropped it after the pilot, which is the worst episode in the entire series.
>>
>>89644643
>>89645052

Legends needs better writers but it benefits from being able to introduce lots and lots of different elements of the DC universe. Stein, Ray, and Mick make it worth watching. (They really need some more villains on the team, though. They should have Caitlyn go full KF and send her over.)

Flash is alright but the overarching plots have been shit since Zoom, although the characters are mostly fun. After 5 episodes Supergirl got really good, and recently seems like its going all in on space opera stuff. Arrow was never good, though.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.