[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Avatar TLA Discussion (Stay out LoK)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

File: Avatar-The-Last-Airbender.jpg (260KB, 680x1000px) Image search: [Google]
260KB, 680x1000px
I'm not a teenage girl and I prefer Zutara over Kataang

>fire/water, sun/moon, red/blue, etc
>it would go with the fortuneteller prediction that katara would marry a powerful bender and that there's no love life in aangs future
>aang is shorter, younger and less mature
male child and teenage girl, creepy
>there was much more of a dramatic romantic spark between zuko and katara
in the moment at the catacombs, their fight at the north pole, the southern raiders and the finale showdown they had great chemistry
>the parallel loss of both their mothers
>katara had a big sister/little brother or even mother/son dynamic with aang
their "romance" felt like borderline incest (not the wincest kind, the disturbing kind)
>the whole deal with aang having to let go of katara to master the avatar state.
aang finally chosing to let go of his earthly attachments in favor of the spiritual path for the sake of the greater good would have been awesome character development. it would represent him maturing and accepting his duty to the world above his personal feelings. we got a fucking lion turtle ex machina instead

I could go on
>>
>>89636599
You prefer Zutara because you think Zuko is hot.
>>
>>89636655
Not at all. Im more of a delicious brown boomerang wielding eskimo kind of guy.
>>
>>89636599
>aang is shorter
End yourself
>>
>>89636599
>I prefer Zutara over Kataang
>Caring about shit tier pairings
>>
>>89636599
Who cares? Katara is worst girl anyway
>>89636845
>implying Azula deserves love
>>
File: IMG_1761.jpg (210KB, 700x805px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1761.jpg
210KB, 700x805px
>>89636743
What are your thoughts on this pairing?
>>
>>89636843
Literally who?
>>
>>89636599
Damn, I thought Zutarians all did a cult suicide after the kiss.

Ah well
>>
>>89636599
>Zumei
I still throw up to this day
>>
>>89636779
spotted the triggered manlet

>>89636917
shit. azula should be borderline asexual. that said sokka and suki wasnt great either

>>89637025
amen
>>
>>89636934
Unfortunately, I don't remember her name.

I think it started with an A? Regardless, it's a very similar pairing to Zutara in a number of ways(except it's better)
>>
File: IMG_1764.png (93KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1764.png
93KB, 333x250px
>>89637079
What about this one?
>>
>>89636599
>I'm not a teenage girl and I prefer Zutara over Kataang
You're a teenage girl. Go back to tumblr.
>>
I feel like there almost was a subtle romance between them at the end. Even if there wasn't, the chemistry between those two at the end of book 3 was by far the most dynamic. Aaron Ehasz himself said that if there were more episodes he would've wanted to develop it more.
>>
>>89637156
better but still, I like the idea of sokka having small flings throughout the series (suki, yue, ty lee, toph?, etc) but remaining solo by the end
>>
>>89637156
>Ty Lee pretends to be Suki during her time in Ba Sing Se
>Sokka falls for it
>The two get along great
>Ty Lee has second thoughts about helping Azula with the coup
>One night during the full moon, Sokka opens up to Ty Lee and the two bond deeply
>Ty Lee confesses the truth and her feelings to Sokka and tells her side of the story
>Sokka is shocked, but touched by how she is putting everything on the line and risking it all confessing to him
>Sees Ty Lee as more than just "Azula's cohort"
>Forgives her and admits he actually really enjoyed their time together
>The two stop the coup from happening and end up getting together
>>
File: otp.gif (312KB, 250x334px) Image search: [Google]
otp.gif
312KB, 250x334px
filename
>>
>>89638564
Fucking this. Korra's version of Toph was the worst thing they ever did in that show.
>>
>>89638610
And that's really saying something.
>>
File: Where do you think we are.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Where do you think we are.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>89636917
I like this pairing although Tokka is king if not for Korra being trash to both characters as >>89638610 says.
>>
>>89638564
>that time when she's eager af to search the beach for Aang with Zuko
Sadly that was like the third to last episode. Still mad it didn't go anywhere. Toph deserved better than a faceless literally who
>>
File: itsthiccbruh.jpg (59KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
itsthiccbruh.jpg
59KB, 500x417px
>>89638564
>>89638798
MUH. NIGGAS
>>
>>89638833
pairing up all the main characters with each other would have been lazy
>>
File: North_and_South_Part_2_cover.png (153KB, 250x375px) Image search: [Google]
North_and_South_Part_2_cover.png
153KB, 250x375px
Any scans for pic related?
>>
>>89638610
Toph acted the same way she did as a kid, which really showed how annoying and awful of a person she is. It's cute when she's 12, it's not cute when she's an old lady. No wonder Su and Lin have issues.
>>
>>89639094
>pairing up all the main characters with each other would have been lazy
Which is what LoK ends up doing. Sorry for mentioning it, OP.
>>
>>89639196
Agreed. All the seeds of character development in ATLA for Toph were completely discarded. I would argue her character actually REGRESSED from when she was 12. Bryke are fucking hacks.
>>
>>89639196
She didn't act like that in the flashbacks. She simply freed herself when she went old
>>
there's a much better avatar thread on /tv/ right now
>>>/tv/79077837
>>
>>89639260
I remember when the show started and she became a cop, there were some fags complaining about how she changed too much because she dedicated her life to enforcing laws.
>>
Aang should of ended up with Toph or Azula
>>
>>89639289
Yeah, that's completely retarded. People don't change at their core like that. You're a stupid fag for attempting to defend that decision.
>>
>>89639289
No, the cop decision was dumb too.
>>
>>89638610
Seemed like one of the things they got right, really.
>>
>>89639364
Then what should she have been? A wrestler? "REEEEE childhood ruined because Toph remained the same", an Earth Kingdom noble lady? "REEEEEE childhood ruined because Toph changed too much.

Toph became a cop simply because she had to be part of Aang and Zuko's new world order and in cartoon cities the only people with political power are the mayor (which in this case was Sokka in a certain way) and the chief of police.
>>
>>89639427
It doesn't have to be one way or the other you know. I would've preferred Toph just being an earthbending trainer.
>>
>>89639427
Maybe a fucking earthbending guru, since she's the best earthbender in the world? Why would a godlike master of martial arts not open her own dojo where she is borderline worshiped by dozens of disciples? Do you even into East Asia?

Alternatively she could have been a wandering adventurer or bandit or something. Her being a cop only works if she's crooked as fuck, which raises the question of why Sokka and Aang would let her be a cop.

>Toph became a cop simply because she had to be part of Aang and Zuko's new world order and in cartoon cities the only people with political power are the mayor (which in this case was Sokka in a certain way) and the chief of police.

That doesn't make it an appropriate choice for the character.
>>
>>89639427
>Then what should she have been? A wrestler? "REEEEE childhood ruined because Toph remained the same", an Earth Kingdom noble lady? "REEEEEE childhood ruined because Toph changed too much.
This
>>
>>89639427
Do you understand that Toph is a wealthy demigod-equivalent and war hero? She doesn't have to "be" anything. Any decent-sized town would probably straight-up give her a mansion and servants just for the honor of having her live there.
>>
>>89639364
>>89639427
Toph loves power and bossing people around. Her being a cop makes sense.
>>
>>89639546
And does that sound like something Toph would want?

>>89639260
She obviously mellowed out as an adult, she just regressed when became an old lady which is pretty true to real life. Old peoples are just giant wrinkly babies.
>>
>>89639645
Sure, but she's also a free spirit. She could easily accomplish the same thing being an earthbending guru without sacrificing what makes her who she is. I don't buy that Toph would be happy working as part of an established order.
>>
>>89639665
Free shit while she gets to go around doing whatever the hell she wants? Uh... yeah. Certainly seems more up her alley than enforcing the will of a bunch of bureaucrats.
>>
>>89639704
>I don't buy that Toph would be happy working as part of an established order.
She'd like it if she was the one establishing that order, or, just saying, she had friends in high places. Both were true. Toph is naturally a selfish and bossy person and neither of those flaws go away by the time ATLA ends.
>>
>>89639713
She literally could have gotten that in Zaofu but didn't stay. She obviously doesn't care for a rich and pampered lifestyle.
>>
>>89639729
>Toph is naturally a selfish and bossy person and neither of those flaws go away by the time ATLA ends.

THAT'S THE PROBLEM. They lay the groundwork in ATLA for Toph to become a more aware and understanding person, only for her character to regress in Korra. Maybe it is realistic, but it's not satisfying storytelling.
>>
>>89639112
Seconding request for North and South p2 scans
>>
I wish Sokka didn't have a single love-interest, but instead captain kirked his way around the ladies throughout the world. You know he could do it.
>>
>>89639794
in korra, all parents are shit and important characters learn not much or literally regress.
>>
>>89639022
The idea of Toph's ass made me hard
>>
>>89639774
So she'd prefer to be a... menial yes-man to a bunch of shitheads? Makes a ton of sense. Fuck you.
>>
>>89636845
ah yes, Ty Lee's magic fingers, the only thing which can stop Azula going full psycho
>>
>>89636599
>I prefer Zutara over Kataang

Proving yourself to be an insufferable faggot.
>>
>>89636599
>(Stay out LoK)
>half the posts are about LoK
ugh
>>
>>89644662
>ugh
Worse than all the Korraposting here.
>>
Ang should have fucked off from these insufferable preteen whores and went straight for the crazy. Azula would have totally been fine with Ang repopulating the air tribe. It was the most important thing he could have done, and she could have helped. That and crazy is hot.
>>
File: tumblr_macwo58HQG1qfrrfso1_1280.png (652KB, 1000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_macwo58HQG1qfrrfso1_1280.png
652KB, 1000x1400px
>>89636599
>implying that any of you fans would be complaining about Kataang if the genders were inverted.
>>
>>89645229
He who buggers a fire burns his penis.
>>
>>89645309
We are all maladjusted, socially inept downtrodden autists in a permanent state of horniness and bitterness. Our opinions, in the end, matter to no one.
>>
>>89636913

Yes Azula deserves what she never got.

>>89636917

Shit

>>89639302

No

>>89644359

Azula was never psycho, retard.

>>89645229

You are one sad little piece of crap.
>>
>>89636599
Please kill yourself you falseflagging zutarian piece of shit whore
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.