[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did we think of Avengers and X-Men SIXIS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4939.jpg (460KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4939.jpg
460KB, 900x1366px
What did we think of Avengers and X-Men SIXIS?
>>
>>89632310
it's shit
>>
>we
Fuck off
>>
Very shit indeed.

The only way to like Remender's work at Marvel is turning your brain off.
>>
>>89632310
The whole idea of now the goodies become the baddies is mark millar level childish and embarrassing. But the actual comic wasn't that bad. Especially compared to other marvel events
>>
>>89633151
The idea may be dead simple, but it did let writers explore those characters in new ways. Hobgoblin and Carnage were very strong, and Superior Iron Man is the only enjoyable Iron Man series this millennium.
>>
>>89632527
Uncanny X-Force is goat and intelligent. I think Axis is really the only comic he's written that's "dumb."
>>
>>89633365
Carnage trying to be a hero was great. That alone made Axis worthwhile, as a concept at least.
>>
>>89632310
They should have kept Carnage and Hobgoblin inverted
>>
>>89633969
Uncanny Avengers was very dumb, too.

The whole "M-Word" thing was cringeworthy. And the Zombie villains. And Scarlet Witch dealing with her problems. And everything, to be honest.
>>
>>89632310

It sucked. It should have been an arc in Uncanny Avengers. It would have been a great finale but they had to wedge in a bunch of characters that had nothing to do with the buildup like Iron Man and Medusa and Spider-Man. Then they forced Remender to do a shit arc that retcons the twins to not being Magneto's kids and it scared him away from writing at Marvel.
>>
>>89634071
I disagree with you. I like that Remender had the balls to go full batshit with his story, and nothing about the execution felt dumb. I mean sure, it involved celestials and dead heroes being resurrected and time travel shenanigans, but that's one of the things I enjoyed about it. Remender takes some batshit ideas like a celestial destroying the Earth and a team of time-traveling heroes fighting a nearly omnipotent villain, and takes those ideas seriously enough to make them cool.

I never understood the hate for UA. One of my favorite recent Marvel titles.
>>
Honestly, it would have been better if it wasn't stuck between Infinity and Secret Wars. It sidetracked the bigger story Hickman was writing
>>
>>89634322
Well, to each their own.

Remender's plots were so batshit that I couldn't get behind it. They were also irrelevant, he could end the world in one edition and nobody at Marvel would give a fuck.

His attempts to go "political" with the mutants situation was, as I said, cringeworthy.
>>
>>89634360

did it though?
what real effects did AXIS have on Secret Wars? besides Inverted Tony, the rest of it seemed unchanged.

and honestly Inverted Tony didn't really seem to have that much of an effect...
>>
>>89634071
No writer at Marvel wants to deal with the Bendis-instigated continuity mess surrounding Scarlet Witch (now made even worse by Robinson), and Remender in his UA tenure was too misanthropic to explore it, and oh look to top off the retconed faggotry, her arch-nemesis went out like a total useless pussy in the last issue of Carnage.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.