[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tropes that annoy you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

>20 underlings dead on the floor
>Destroyed helicopter
>Don't kill him, you are better than this!
>>
>>89620771
That just sounds like piss poor writing rather than a trope.
>>
>>89621117
yeah that's just a trope with bad context grafted on
>>
>Character has a name they find embarrassing.
>They prefer to go by an even more embarrassing nickname
>>
>>89621117
Killing underlings as if they don't matter but spare the boss because "if you kill him you are same as him" is a pretty common trope. Specially in anime
>>
>Woman who has actual authority being written as an unlikeable bitch even though she only acts so because of her responsibilities.

>Tweeny kids with superpowers and 'quirky' personalities being much more liked even though they contribute nothing.

I'm not bitter /co/ why do you ask?
>>
>>89620771
That helicopter shot was hilarious insane.

He just randomly hooks up to the chopper flying around punching people and with top speed, detaches, spins, fires one arrow...and it fucking explodes!

They really need the fight crew and the writing crew on the same page
>>
>>89620771
>Dystopic future where evil corporation or government rules and hero is a freedom fighter
>Main villain is an evil white businessman or politician
>Main villain either becomes or works for a big dumb monster with no personality
>>
>character is extremely powerful
>never fights because the creator realises they're super OP
>>
>>89621196
The first Ratchet and Clank game did the evil politician pretty well. Added bonus that a hero was working for said Drek.
>>
>>89621153
Lalatina
>>
>>89621159
/v/ rather than /co/, Uncharted 2 spoilers.
This trope was made all the more ridiculous because you could view your stats at any time. I recall having massacred about 900 of the big bad's soldiers before he laughed "you don't have the will [to finish me off]" in the post bossfight cutscene. Of course, a third party comes in and finishes the job anyway, but it was still a dumb moment.
>>
>>Mutants are persecuted by FOH/Purifiers/whatever dumb redneck group pass themselves off these days
>> no normal human standing up for the former and calling out the latter's bullshit on once they kill off they off the last mutant, they'll go back to killing one another.
>> No writer brave enough to change the X-men status quo
>>
>>89621196
The first two are realistic though. The third one is done to death.
>>
>>89620771
>>89621153
The hypocrisy and half-baked attitude of this one always infuriates me. What, so space Hitler gets another chance at life, but Ralph the Security Guard? Fuck that guy! Say what you will about murderhobos; at least they're consistent.

Makes me respect characters that go straight for the head honcho to minimise casualties or, hell, those that go the full mile and try not to kill anyone all the more, though.
>>
>>89622674
Meant for >>89621159
>>
>>89621962
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GameplayAndStorySegregation
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SlidingScaleOfGameplayAndStoryIntegration
Gameplay and story don't have to be mutual.
>>
>cop
>is a good fighter
Fuck off with that shit. Cops are taught basic combat techniques and depend more on their numbers and the fact that a criminal wouldn't want to get extra-years for resisting arrest or assaulting a police officer.
Not denying that there are cops who can fight, but for the most part they took martial arts/boxing lessons before they joined the police and are pretty much a minority.
>>
>>89620771
Actually, I really hate that about Marvel comics.
>Wolverine, Captain America, or Iron Man kills off LITERALLY hundreds of mooks (like, literally blowing up the secret base or ship they're on)
>but they only ever arrest the named villains
Defend this.
>>
>>89622755
Gameplay and story should work on concert, two elements that create a whole. Otherwise is bad design. Breaks immersion.
>>
>>89622312
It doesn't help that mutants routinely threaten all life on earth these days. One of the stupidest things about the edgier x-men era is the x-men themselves have often legit been a bigger threat than any villains they've fought.
>>
>>89623485
This was one of my issues with the X-Men as a whole for a while, and one of the reasons why I dropped all of my X-books. It got to feeling like they didn't have a rogues gallery anymore, in favour of being a bunch of terrorists themselves.
>>
File: 2345234532.png (304KB, 584x565px) Image search: [Google]
2345234532.png
304KB, 584x565px
>>89620771
>"If you kill him you'll be just as bad as him"
>Villain remorseless killed thousands of people and every time he's captured by the main character he breaks out and continues to kill
>>
>>89623485

Inhumans took that spot now with their magical genocidal death cloud.
>>
>we can't let him to get the mcguffin or he'll be unstoppable!
>he gets the mcguffin
>he's stoppable
>>
File: 1479966904606.jpg (33KB, 132x158px) Image search: [Google]
1479966904606.jpg
33KB, 132x158px
>>89624176
>Mcguffin doesn't work as advertised
>Villain just dies horrifically
>>
>>89622312
All the

>Normal People start getting powers
>All humanity fears and hate them and want to hunt them, put a tag on them, forbid their powers or kill them

Is a pretty burned trope to begin with
>>
>>89621195
The kicker is that like 20 minutes earlier, there was that actually good fight scene where he kills I think maybe the entire Russian Mafia.
>>
>>89621198
This annoys the fuck out of me. Either the writers need to constantly make convoluted excuses as to why the character isn't fighting, or they don't even bother with that and have the character sit out fights for no reason. Why even bother making a character that powerful in the first place?
>>
>Hero has to get through a shitload of trials and prove his worth through battle with master and himself to get the magical artifact
>Villain just spawns in the magical artifact room and steals it
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.