[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MCU Steve Rogers. What went so, so right? I'm not even American.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 15

File: Steve_Rogers.jpg (87KB, 800x952px) Image search: [Google]
Steve_Rogers.jpg
87KB, 800x952px
MCU Steve Rogers. What went so, so right? I'm not even American.
>>
I find him fairly boring
>>
>nice guy
>fights for what is right night and day
>can be true to the values and beliefs of the country, while still calling bull on the governments flaws
>always caring and kind to others
>has really good one-liners
>>
He's basically the best of 616 Cap without any of the mistakes/bad writing that has since flawed him.
>>
File: nl2yjx6P8F1up5rcvo1.png (337KB, 600x736px) Image search: [Google]
nl2yjx6P8F1up5rcvo1.png
337KB, 600x736px
>>89619452
>What went so, so right?

He's gay for Bucky.
>>
Part of it is the Markus&McFeely characterization (who wrote all 3 Cap movies), part of it is Evans's performance.

He manages to play the idealistic boyscout without turning him into a self-righteous prick (which 616 Cap suffers from sometimes).
>>
He's the perfect balance of lofty, solid morality and being a genuinely humble, good person.
>>
First Avenger was also a good movie, imho.
>>
File: cap-dream.jpg (39KB, 381x366px) Image search: [Google]
cap-dream.jpg
39KB, 381x366px
Just pic related done faithfully on the big screen.

First Avenger haters can go and stay go, Steve is first capeshit hero to receive a movie trilogy without a single dud.
>>
He's a "what if Superman was Captain America?"
>>
I cant preach enough about how important the Winter Soldier was to Cap's development.

It made it very, very clear that he wasn't a boyscout and his morals were above loyalty to the USA and being a soldier.
>>
>>89619499
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i574Em3IrI

That it was. All the problems the movie had in the second half were because of the directing choices like rushing the war parts with montages. The writing (especially Cap's characterization) was as strong as ever and I'd argue it was a better Captain America movie than Civil War.
>>
Chris Evans makes women gush uncontrollably.
>>
>>89619530
I always think of this scene when retards cry about outfits not being 100% comic accurate.
>>
>>89619452
Nothing.
>>
>>89619452
They didn't try to do more than was expected.
Hollywood often forgets the basics are the core of any story.
>>
>>89619539
Even now I find it still hard to believe it's the same guy.
>>
>>89619452
Not being weighed down by 50 years worth of comic continuity.
>>
File: 1485556981611.gif (488KB, 499x367px) Image search: [Google]
1485556981611.gif
488KB, 499x367px
>>89619539
>just women
>>
>strong yet humble
>power consists of being the best human a human can be
he is just a kid from brookyln, and yet he changed the world
>>
>>89619499
A lot of people say it goes to shit after the second montage, but I still found it highly enjoyable all the way through.

I'm also sad that we'll never see Tommy Lee Jones in the MCU again unless they have a flashback.
>>
>>89619604
even when they went full sci-fi, i loved the use of ridiculous nazi wonder waffles to fight captain america
>>
>>89619452
They started with a person with strong morals and gave him power, rather than starting with a character with a lot of power and telling him that maybe he should let his schoolmates drown.
>>
>>89619452
he grows into a bully, thats good development
>>
>>89619581
Except Brubaker's run, what else can i read about him?
>>
>>89619506
>what is winter soldier

And civil war was basically another Avengers movie but with Captain Americas name on it.
>>
>>89619625
i though it focused pretty well on cap, even when there were 20 guys in it
>>
File: captain usa.gif (1MB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
captain usa.gif
1MB, 245x300px
>>89619583
He is very handsome, yes homo.
>>
>>89619612
Even now I am still Iron-manfag team, but I really like Steve in Civil war. I find that his actions have fully a context thanks to other films.
>>
>>89619625
>what is winter soldier
Very well loved.
>And civil war was basically another Avengers movie
But it said Captain America in the title and he was the hero.
>>
>>89619639
>winter solider
>Very well loved

By who?
>>
>>89619642
By me and my niggas.
>>
This isn't even good enough bait for a (You).
>>
>>89619642
Pretty much everyone.

It's fine if you don't like it anon, but you don't have to pretend people hate the movie. It's constantly regarded as one of the best (if not the best) MCU movie both on /co/ and outside of /co/.
>>
File: 1467322560637.jpg (30KB, 415x538px) Image search: [Google]
1467322560637.jpg
30KB, 415x538px
>only got around to watching all of First Avenger when I was doing a marathon right before Civil War came out
>mfw he said "I can do this all day" in Civil War
>>
>>89619657
>one of the best MCU movies

Stop this fucking forced meme shit now
>>
>>89619665
Anon, just because you didn't like it doesn't mean other people didn't
>>
>>89619665
>going full contrarian
You should never go full contrarian anon, it's the most forced meme.
>>
>>89619665
You. You're lonely. It's okay bro. We're here for you. No need to bait.
>>
File: first avenger movie.jpg (168KB, 600x801px) Image search: [Google]
first avenger movie.jpg
168KB, 600x801px
captain america thread?
>>
>>89619696
These posters are great, I wish they were for sale.
>>
>>89619665
You're right. That's the wrong phrase.
It should be "Winter Soldier is the best MCU movie."
>>
>>89619713
I need a high quality printout of that poster to hang on my wall, and I need it now.
>>
>>89619713
I like how winter soldier was a lot like those 80s/90s political action thrillers, and the first avenger was science pulps and war time reels
>>
>>89619665
Nigger, Winter Soldier was a game changer for a lot of people. Just among my acquaintances who are normies it made them say like "oh wow, Cap is not just a boy scout, he's actually kind of cool".

Ironically, majority of same people sided with governments most expensive sextoy in Civil War, though.
>>
File: captain_america_poster.jpg (110KB, 560x840px) Image search: [Google]
captain_america_poster.jpg
110KB, 560x840px
>>89619732
This one's great too.
>>
>>89619499
It's the only Marvel movie I like.
>>
sharon carter had the misfortune of attemptint to replace peggy carter
>>
>>89619779
>Ironically, majority of same people sided with governments most expensive sextoy in Civil War.

Even Tony is not exactly in favor of the government. He's trying to buy time for find a solution and genuinely wants to protect the group.

Unfortunately, he is the usual idiot when it Comes to relating with others, but it's okey, these flaws are some of the reasons that make him a good character.
>>
>>89619625
>>what is winter soldier
Winter Soldier is (at least in my opinion) the best film in the mcu. Great pacing, fantastic action sequences and a plot that was different for once, now Cap was quite powerless in the fact that the government had turned on him. I'm not sure how you could dislike it.
>>
>>89619852
i would place civil war and winter soldier close to each other, i really loved both of them, albeit for different reasons
with civil war SLIGHTLY on top
>>
>>89619609
STOP, MY INVINCIBLE SON
>>
>>89619820
That and the misfortune of a boring actress. Hayley Atwell is very charismatic, Van Camp just doesn't have much screen presence.

Sharon is a very tough, assertive woman in the comics and Van Camp is very...soft so to speak. Even when she has those fight scenes in Civil War or being the tough CIA gal, I just can't take her seriously. She blends with the background.
>>
https://youtu.be/E0hATPE_oGY
>>
>>89619852
Not I mention a fantastic soundtrack
>>
>>89619879

>Van Camp just doesn't have much screen presence.

She's a good actress when given literally anything to do. For as fucking stupid as Revenge was she was a strong lead to anchor the narrative around, and the few small indie films she's done where she gets to actually act she's shown she has the chops.

But they've given her nothing to do in the MCU. She somehow had less to do in two movies then Rachel "Literally Just Pepper Potts 2.0" MacAdams got to do in Doctor Strange.
>>
>>89619889
this song is the best to come out of the MCU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jpnBs0DkXg

not to mention the amazing end credits sequence

i remember the threads years ago full of people shocked at how good winter soldier was
>>
>>89619907
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_5NwVy8L5M

i enjoyed this one about as much, although it evokes fun and adventure rather than high stakes and action like winter soldier does
>>
>>89619916
this one's pretty good, i like the light touches the pizzicato string sections add, feels like ANTS crawling around

so much better than when spider-man showed up in civil war. they fucking referenced the itsy bitsy spider for fucks sake

https://youtu.be/cMY8_6N7Tf8?t=1m34s
>>
>>89619907
>this song is the best to come out of the MCU

I respectfully disagree.
>>
>>89619939
post an example
>>
>>89619907
https://youtu.be/HVJGh51wR7k
>>
>>89619943
the high pitched metallic squealing works well here
>>
>>89619903
I won't deny she wasn't given almost anything to do, but I still think she was miscast. Even in the very limited screentime Sharon got, she didn't convince me at all. I've seen her in Revenge and I can't say I was very impressed.

Not sure who I would've chosen in the role instead. Looking at the shortlist for the Sharon casting, I'd probably go with Mary Elizabeth Winstead.
>>
>>89619499
>>89619604
This. Second half is pretty shit, but the first half is really great
>>
>>89619942
>post an example
I have several.

Don't get me wrong. The piece you posted isn't bad. It's great. But it's not the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrXwAeJ87Bk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9PhfUsFvj0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IpxdPnwRr0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alaRrHvO6hI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiSO2MBSwX0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK0CyBOWQXo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VGJGXMUhmc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRHn1FOPIK4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTuS_Qf5_jk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYaVvUaH7NY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXvg0UvI480

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmc55y0UkR0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG36KyYzlIQ

I'd post Ant-Man's theme, but >>89619916 already did.
>>
>>89620119
I really hope we'll hear the Avengers theme song in Infinity War, especially since Silvestri will be back to do the score.
>>
>>89620119
>Thor Kills the Destroyer
>Killing a machine
It should have been Thor Destroys the Destroyer. Missed opportunity.
>>
vanilla babyface that draws no dimes and has to leech off superior workers AKA iron man to get some reaction

NEVER DRAW A DIME
>>
>>89620209
Go back to your whiskey Tony.
>>
>>89620209
what
>>
>MCU "score"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

so unique
so memorable
so not generic
>>
>>89620214
first movie is a flop
second movie is forgotten in the realms of irrelevance in the cultural zeitgeist

meanwhile, Iron Man is the most popular marvel hero right now, surpassing spiderman and wolverine. And now, he's passing the mantle back to spiderman

meanwhile, Captain America is SO vanilla they try everything in the comics to get him over with the fans and interesting
>he was a werewolf
>he was black
>he was a bad guy all along
Cap is actually very pathetic on retrospective. NEVER SOLD A COMIC. NEVER DREW A DIME.
>>
>>89620196
>I really hope we'll hear the Avengers theme song in Infinity War,

I don't see why we wouldn't. Infinity War IS an Avengers film after all. Silvestri didn't score AoU and we still got the theme. So it stands to reason that the Avengers theme will pop up in that too.

What I'm hoping is that we'll get a hint of Cap's theme like what we got in the beginning of TWS.
>>
His story sucks

>im weak but i want to kill german people
>hey kids do you want superpowers
>yeah cool
>>
File: 1480806261993.jpg (611KB, 1910x796px) Image search: [Google]
1480806261993.jpg
611KB, 1910x796px
>>89620237
>first movie is a flop
>second movie is forgotten in the realms of irrelevance in the cultural zeitgeist

Cap's movies? I don't see how. Save for Avengers 1, Cap's movies have consistently been the peak of every phase of the MCU thus far.
>>
>>89620272
>putting Avengers over Iron Man
Your opinion = worthless

This is a fact. Iron Man surpass Avengers on every single level.
>acting
>action
>story
>pacing
>score
>characters
>rewatchability
It will stand the test of time. While it was YEARS AGO since Avengers is looked like a power rangers show.
>>
>>89620272
>first captain america movie
>not a flop
Iron Man made TWICE the money. Captain America is a boring vanilla character with NOTHING going for him, portrayed by a literally who actor that is less than a charisma vacuum
>>
>>89620309
>putting Avengers over Iron Man
>Your opinion = worthless

It's not an opinion, it's an observation. I saw more people being excited about Avengers (before and long after it came out) than they ever were about Iron Man.

>>89620321
>Captain America is a boring vanilla character

Now THAT is just pure opinion.
>>
>>89619779
>Ironically, majority of same people sided with governments most expensive sextoy in Civil War, though.

Steve was irrational and was wrong about everything. The problem is that Steve in Civil War and 616 steve would had HATED each other. Steve and Hydra were doing the same, pretending they know better than the rest and using force and violence to get their objectives.

Tony is a Monsters, Wanda deserves to be in jails as every other Avenger including Fury.

I have to say, i like the MCU movies, but everything about the 3 Avengers movies has been their fault. Steve rescuing the rest of the team just means that he isnt willing to respect anyone's laws, freedom and rights. He knows best and we should just obbey him.
>>
>>89620269
>but i want to kill german people
Oh wow.
>>
>>89619604
The only movie of his that was actively bad was Civil War, and that was just character bloat.
>>
>>89620844
It was a character bloat for 30 minutes tops, the rest of the movie had Steve as the MC, Tony as the antag, Bucky as the plot device, Zemo as the villain, and T'Challa as the important secondary character.
>>
>>89619554
It's understandable that they'd be angry at it, it was practically a joke costume. Not that I'm complaining, since every MCU Cap costume was better. Minus the Avengers 1 one.
>>
>>89619642
You are retarded if you don't see the praise TWS gets.
>>
File: 51011744_p13.png (271KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
51011744_p13.png
271KB, 600x600px
>>89619485
Why are Steve/Bucky shippers so obnoxious?

>>89620309
Come on, man. I'm a Ironmanfag to but this is just embarassing.
>>
>>89619820
>>89619879
It doesn't seem to help her and evans don't have much chemistry, at least compared to TFA where Dormer for just a few minutes and Atwell do far better.
>>
MCU Cap is what DCEU Supes should have been and failed miserably at.
>>
>>89619604
>I'm also sad that we'll never see Tommy Lee Jones in the MCU again unless they have a flashback.
I bet he's glad, though. Much like Hugo Weaving he probably wouldn't want to play that role again.
>>
>>89619499
This. I re watched it recently and it's probably among my favourite. Even the second part was decent and the final with him and Peggy gave me max feeling.
Solid cape movie and cruelly under rated.
>>
He just hits all the right notes. He's the inspirational character with the ideal traits and morals that Cap should be, without (or with few hints of) the overbearing/preachy attitude he is sometimes given.

In terms of film, the choreography of hand-to-hand combat and the shield stuff is extremely fun to watch. Moreso than most of the other powers, in my opinion.
>>
>>89621948
>I bet he's glad, though.

I think he doesn't care one way or the other. He did it for a quick paycheck. He knew what he was getting into. If they asked and offered enough money, he'd probably come back.

Weaving on the other-hand, they can force back if they chose since he'd be contractually obliged. But they're seemingly done with Schmidt so they probably won't call Weaving.
>>
>>89619452
He didn't become the symbol of America, like in the comics.
He remained Steve.
>>
>>89619506
>Just pic related done faithfully on the big screen.
You wish comic Cap was as good as the MCU one.
Comic Cap is too detached from his humanity.
MCU Cap doesn't care about "The Dream", but about "The Right Thing To Do". Even if it would mean ditching the shield.
>>
>>89619713
>Batroc made it onto the coolest poster

I hope dude is real pleased about that, I know I would be
>>
he reminded us of who we used to be
>>
>>89619452

Perfect casting.
>>
>>89622806
Then why is he an interventionist?
>>
Never drew a dime.
>>
A mediocre series of skippable movies
>>
>be lmaodyelfag Steve
>get roids
>kill people
>complain all the time
woah, so inspiring
>>
>>89620844
>civil war is bad meme

Quite pathetic.
>>
>>89623462
>>89623474
>>89623493
>IP count stays the same
Hmmmmmm...
>>
>>89621948
Weaving gave an interview this past Sept and seemed okay with returning, a big change from what he said before.

>I thought it would be a lot of fun to play a classic über-Nazi, someone who thought Hitler was a pussy! [Laughs] It was fun to play; I enjoyed the outrageousness of the German accent that I employed and I enjoyed the extraordinary mask and costume, even though it was unbelievably hot inside it. I enjoy mask work; I enjoy trying to animate masks and reveal certain things that the mask itself might not reveal. V for Vendetta was another example of that, but there was less animation within that mask versus the Red Skull.

>With Marvel, it’s pretty basic stuff: accept the deal and enjoy the ride. It’s not a major stretch for an actor, but on the other hand the difficulty with the Marvel universe is maintaining a link to a human dimension within such an extraordinary, technological CGI universe. In terms of me going back and doing another one, I don’t know. I’m not sure what they’re up to with the Red Skull.
>>
>>89620196
I fucking love Silvestri.
>>
>>89623446
Because he thinks they're the right thing to do.
>>
File: hayley_atwell_image-5.jpg (3MB, 2031x2972px) Image search: [Google]
hayley_atwell_image-5.jpg
3MB, 2031x2972px
Shame no more Agent Carter. I liked the universe of early era stuff that First Avenger and that show was setting up.

But hey maybe she can be the next Doctor
>>
>>89623446
>Then why is he an interventionist?

He says why in Civil War.

>If I see a situation going south, I can't ignore it. Sometimes I wish I could.

He intervenes because he has the ability and means to do something about it. And also because of the serum enhancing his desire to be in the trenches and fight the good fight.
>>
>>89623798
>He intervenes because he has the ability and means to do something about it.

And that means he will enforce his will on others regardless of their rights.
>>
>>89623836
Yeah, so much that when Ross passed the Accords he quit rather than sign that shit.
>>
>>89623769
You know if they go the female route for the Doctor it will be some pixie waif.
>>
>>89619849
>Even Tony is not exactly in favor of the government. He's trying to buy time for find a solution and genuinely wants to protect the group

Huh, thinking back to all the pre-civil war comics leading up to Civil War and CW itself, this was the primary motivation of Stark.

He's always blamed himself for not doing more to get Steve onboard, moreso when Uatu showed him a reality where he DID manage to get Cap on the same page.
>>
>>89623897
Or another black female with horrid manface like the recent companion.

Shame. I'd love a massively endowed Doctor.

Can't visit her Victorian Lesbian friends (Did we remind you they were lesbians and married this episode, thank fuck Moffat is finally leaving).
>>
>>89619452
He's unironically a white fucking male.
>>
>>89619795
>>89619713
>>
>>89622806
The thing about Comic Cap is that he has had a bunch of shit writers write about him and all those writerd have had different takes on him.

MCU Cap has had different directors but his writers for the most part have been Markus and Mcfeely in his movies and Whedon in the Avengers. And even then compare how Whedon wrote him to hiw Markus and Mcfeely did, there were differences. So there is more consistency to MCU Cap.

Comic Cap for me was his best when Roger Stern and DeMatteis were writing him and MCU Cap is probably closes to that version of the character.

When DeMatteis and Stern wrote him he lived in an apartment in Brooklyn Heights and involved himself in social issues. He stopped a kid from commiting a school shooting and is concerned about what might have caused the kid to do what he was going to do and when the School proncipal wants to beat the shooter while he's getting arrested he stops him and tells him to fuck off.

Then there's another comic where some rowdy kids throw trash at him and he initially gets mad but then just decides to ask them why they did it and it ends up with him taking the kids on a tour to Avengers Mansion and then later said kids apologized and tell him how he's the first person to treat them with kindness.

He even defeats an angry Native American spirit by hugging it.

He is also a character who will resort to talking first and try to defuse a situation without violence and he uses fighting as a last resort.

Other qualities of comic Cap that I like is that he is willing to give his villains a chance to reform. Armadillo, Lyle Dekker, hell even Helmut in two ocassions although Helmut pretty much burned his bridges.
>>
>>89625369
Cont..

When Brubaker started writing Cap he made him more violent, more angry, and more willing to go for the kill, it made sense that he was moody in the beginning because of Avengers Disassembled but he just never stopped being like that and for a lot of people that was their first Captain America. Remender and Spencer toned that down but I feel they still kept some of Brubaker's elements (and in the case of Remender I don't think he fully got Steve I mean what was with that weird Superman museum thing that he did with Steve).

Hickman just plain wrote a poor version of Cap and he was more preocuppied with making the illuminati good and fapping to Doom and Richards.

Also making Cap head of SHIELD or in charge of national security or whatever kind of goes a bit against who he is, or at least I don't see him doing that.

I like MCU Cap although he feels a bit green sometimes and he does tend to cause some fuck ups here and there and doesn't consider much of the consequences. Although I did like how in AoU when Iron Man and Widoe were ready to drop the whole Sokovia full of people to their deaths just to stop Ultron's plan, he pretty much put his foot down and refused that and said they were going to try evacuating them first.
>>
>>89619572

Director asked for that type of performance from him and it's pretty accurate to canon for Johnny. You do realize good actors are supposed to have range, right?
>>
Bro face with a sad boy soul. That's what went right.
>>
>>89619499
Only thing they should have changed is give more time to Howling Commando shenanigans.
>>
>>89620119

I still think the Captain America March is the single best leitmotif in the entire franchise. It encompasses so much about the character.
>>
>>89622899
He even made it on there twice with that leaping kick in the bottom left corner.

Batroc movie when?
>>
>>89623836
>And that means he will enforce his will on others regardless of their rights.

Not unlike another character in the MCU...

>When you can do the things that I can, but you don't, and then the bad things happen, they happen because of you.

Cap's operating on the exact same principle. He just tries to cover the world instead.
>>
>>89626856

And all that is fine, that is what steve believes, and that doesnt make him anything less of a hypocrit.

Tell me, if Captain Iran invades with a bunch of superhero friends a drone factory in texas, killed a bunch of people and destroyed the bombs and drones would Steve say that was a good thing?

Is that simple. And that is the problem.
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.