[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Ed Edd and Eddy >KnD >DBZ Is it just because we were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: medium (1).png (125KB, 707x600px) Image search: [Google]
medium (1).png
125KB, 707x600px
>Ed Edd and Eddy
>KnD
>DBZ

Is it just because we were young when we saw them that we think they're better, more magical than what we get now? Do kids watch yhe stuff on Nick and CN and feel the same magic we did, just from different shows, or are they really not getting as good an experience as us?
>>
Nobody thinks Dragonball is good. It's like pro-wrestling: absolute trash, nothing more than muscly sweaty men fighting with a toiler-paper-thin plot, hammy acting, and low production values.
>>
>>89607265
I realized its not even in the same category after I posted. I like it though.
>>
>>89607313
What? So someone posted that image on a pony forum. Its fucking Pland from Ed Edd and Eddy.
>>
i feel like the standards for writing in cartoons peaked in the late 90's. i was only 5 in 2000 so most of my exposure was reruns, but dexters lab, courage, ed edd n eddy, and powerpuff girls still hold up.

almost as good as the walt disney/chuck jones eras in my opinion. the 70's, 80's, mid-late 2000s, and 2010's are pretty much garbage with some diamonds in the rut.
>>
>>89607402
And? It's a fucking rock. It is not a pony. Therefore, the mods won't do jack shit about it.
>>
>>89607372
>>89607402
lol seems someone is obsessed with MLP. i didnt even notice the rock until it was pointed out
>>
>>89607402
>Maud Pie

Huh. I just got the pun in her name.
>>
>>89607463
And when was that exactly? There was literally a thread about an apple and that stayed afloat, just like this thread is right now. If you really think the mods or even Hiro would give a fuck about fanart of a rock and a plank being posted here, then you and your bot can just get >>>/out/ of this board.
>>
Argue all you want, one thing people cant display is all these shows were very diverse and different. From action to slapstick to weekly eps to ongoing narratives. Something fir everyone.

Now its choose your Calarts style hipster comedy meme bullshit, each comes with a new coat of paint!
>>
>>89607215
>Ed Edd and Eddy
>KnD
>DBZ

I was just barely too old to really get into any of these shows as kid, and don't feel any particular attachment to them today. All of my friends who are 2-3 years younger than me think they were amazing and have fond memories of them.

You're also forgetting that the '90s had a gigantic sea of awful crap that you don't remember.

>>89607432
I'm pretty sure they ended GR15, people just haven't realized it yet.
>>
>>89607657
Wow. Actually surprised you're having kindof a sense of humor about it... I think?
>>
>>89607785
For years now (frankly, since its inception) it's only caused problems and solved nothing. It needs to go, and the entitled "everyone has walk on eggshells for people who don't like things" attitude that has ruined this website needs to go with it.
>>
>>89607758
Ha ha, you checked.
>>
>>89607761
being a canadian counts as a mental disorder?
>>
>>89607215
You also have to consider the time period. We didn't get a choice on what we watched, you watched what was on TV or you didn't watch anything. That forced a lot more kids to watch and become fans of cartoons of the past. If today's kids don't want to watch 16 hours of TTGo in a row, they hop on their iPad and stream literally anything.

As for DBZ, which is a complete orange to those 2 apples you posted, it's the same story. An entire generation looks at DBZ as the peak of anime. People that hate anime tune in to Toonami every week because they loved DBZ as a kid. When there aren't any other options, shit looks pretty appetizing.
>>
>>89607215
i despised the first two, so...
>>
>>89607215
Hey look it's that pet rock!
>>
>>89609082
This. When you couldn't binge watch an entire show in a day or three you actually got attached to that show you had to diligently follow for years to see through the entire thing.
>>
>>89607265
>Nobody thinks Dragonball is good.

anon, just because you don't think it's good doesn't mean that nobody does
>>
>>89620469
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>89609082
>An entire generation looks at DBZ as the peak of anime. People that hate anime tune in to Toonami every week because they loved DBZ as a kid. When there aren't any other options, shit looks pretty appetizing

What? Toonami also played shit like Tenchi Muyo, Gundam, Outlaw Star.Toonami was a gateway for all types of anime.
>>
>>89620476
What's happening? Is this anon stalking the guy in your picture and posting this same thing in reply each time he sees the latter?

That'd explain why I keep seeing this randomly appearing in threads that had nothing to do with Barney or MLP.
>>
>>89607215
Kids of today would definitely think the cartoons we watched as a kid are garbage.

However, there will never be a character in all of media better thank Plank
>>
>>89607215
>Is it just because

I can already tell you the answer is no

>Do kids watch yhe stuff on Nick and CN and feel the same magic we did

Cartoons are going through a weird transitional phase, but good cartoons aren't that difficult to find. It just doesn't help that /co/ doesn't watch the cartoons it shits on
>>
>>89620829
>It just doesn't help that /co/ doesn't watch the cartoons it shits on
This shit didn't happen when I first started luring /co/ all those years ago. What the fuck happened?
>>
>>89607265
I still like both anon
>>
>>89621600
Which one's your favorite?
>>
>>89621712
It's alright. This is a judgement free zone. You can admit it. Besides, theres no way fo us to know if you're sexually attracted to your favorite.
>>
>>89607215
I feel like the older I get the more I appreciate EEnE and Dragonball respectively. The fact that I am more jaded as an adult now and can still think that EEnE is one of the best cartoons ever is a testament to just how well controlled and good the writing, animation and acting were. Obviously it wasn't flawless but damn is it satisfying.

Dragonball is one of those things that, had I based off of the anime, I probably wouldn't like it much anymore. But because I read the manga from beginning to end I really just appreciate Toriyama's art style and how good he is at drawing easy to follow and good flowing action scenes. Not to mention how great he is at designing mechs and vehicles.
>>
>>89620592
He's barneyfag, he has a severe form of autism that requires him to reverse image search everything on 4chan and then spam the shit out of any thread that has any image even vaguely tied to MLP. Even if the thread has nothing to do with it, even if the image has no immediately discernible ties to it.
>>
>>89623518
You realize you're bringing more attention to it yourself than OP did right? Nobody would look at a fucking rock and think "this must be from that one show, I should really check it out!" But because you're autistic you don't understand basic concepts like this. I'm gonna stop replying and enabling you, feel free to get in the last word if you want.
>>
>>89607215

I'm gonna be honest with you, I don't hold nostalgic feelings over those kinds of shows. now, I don't hate them, but they're not some mystical paragons of my childhood.

It might just be me feeling a hate for anime since I was a lad. back on techtv they showed this block called animation Unleashed (?). They showed alot of crap back in my day. I remember Serial Experiments lain, Betterman, silent Mobius, Gad Guard, Dual Parallel adventures, and I believe they even showed Cowboy bebop once in a while. And I'll be honest, looking back on them, were BORING as hell.

On the flip side though, the good shows of my childhood often held up to the test of time, like pre-cancellation family guy, the first three seasons of spongebob, the first few seasons of the simpsons, etc. They don't need nostalgia glasses to be good, as they're still good by today's standards.
>>
>>89625587
I seriously want to know how you are so acutely aware of a show that you hate, that you can recognize a secondary character's pet rock
>>
>>89625791
>>89625971
Don't reply to him it's just a waste of time
>>
>>89607215
Neither KnD nor DBZ hold up particularly well. KnD in particular I used to love as a kid but rewatching it now it seems really dull and unexceptional.

Ed Edd and Eddy, on the other hand, is even better than when I remember watching it. I was surprised at how well it still holds up.
>>
Great thread guys.
>>
File: tom.png (283KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
tom.png
283KB, 1600x1600px
A FUCKING ROCK
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.