[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Isn't this basically the Spider-Man formula?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 8

File: Marvel Movie Formula.jpg (319KB, 857x1150px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel Movie Formula.jpg
319KB, 857x1150px
Get your signature weapon/power. Old mentor/father figure dies. Etc. Along with the constant jokes/quips. I mean, even Black Panther has the same progression with his father dying, etc. It's like every MCU hero is basically following the Spider-Man story and adding in the trademark Spidey quips/jokes along the way.
>>
Correct.
>>
>>89602788
This leaves out other part of the Marvelâ„¢ formula.

>Enemy is coveting over (thing) [Be it the cosmic cube, pym particles, the suit TONY BUILT IN A CAVE WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS! ect. ect.]

>Big fight scene, where the hero wins and captures/kills enemy

>OH NO! It was a lie, this was part of the plan.

>They have access to (thing) now.

>Main hero fights against enemy, but loses

>Side character says "hey, you should try again and shit because I believe in you"

>Hero tries again and wins, and retrieves the (thing)
>>
>>89602788
I mean, Spider-Man is their most popular character, therefore, to make their other characters popular, they must become Spider-Man
That's how Bendis writes
>>
>>89602788
>marvel formula
check and mate
>>
>>89603050
Those still fall into this: >>89603029
>>
>>89602788
It's basically every hero story ever. Well, they don't all begin that way, but neither do all the Marvel flicks.
>>
>>89603072
What about Guardians?
>>
>>89603050
It's still the same for both of them really, just with some aspects shuffled around. Strange and unfamiliar territory, starts off naive and gets a signature weapon/power, old mentor/father figure, enemy with similar powers, etc.
>>
>>89603115
Power gem (it was power, right?)
>>
>>89603072
fine
>>
>>89603123
>it's the same except it's different

no shit

I'm curious as to what you guys think these movies should do to break from this apparent formula (which no one can agree on the specifics of except that the hero faces inner and outer conflict)
>>
>>89603127
Ronan took it from them by force. They didn't beat him.
>>
>>89603149
>which no one can agree on the specifics
The but the specifics are right there. Sure, you can move the bulletpoints up and down a position here and there to change the order, but they're still the same bulletpoints.
>>
>>89603050
>posts the most formulaic paint by numbers movies not only in the MCU but probably ever

laughing my ass off to be honest
>>
>>89603129
Power gem.

>>89603164
Only a slight alteration to the formula, and its the only one that has a slight alteration, mind you. Other than that, Guardians follows it to a T.
>>
>>89603187
they're extremely generic bullet points

regardless, how ought they differ?
>>
>>89603192
white haired bearded mentor/father figure doesn't die or seemingly die in Ant-Man and doesn't exist in Doctor Strange

formula busted
>>
>>89603244
there are lots and lots and lots of movies that dont follow said bullet points. Just off the top of my head Transformers, Chinatown, any Stars Wars movie that isnt a New Hope or The Force Awakens, any Mad Max movie, the original Daredevil movie, Akira, I could go on.
>>
>>89603522
Doesn't die, but still present in the former and is a white woman in the latter.
>>
>>89603522
>doesnt exist in Doctor Strange

the Ancient One you fucking idiot. And Pym is still in Ant-Man, so really you just got one thing slightly different. Hope you are proud of yourself, you found one slight variation to the genericness.
>>
>>89603095
>It's basically every hero story ever

No its not, see
>>89603807

Also Nolan's Bat movies managed to never adhere to this formula. Neither do MoS, BvS, or SS. Neither does fucking Raimi's Spider-Man movies.
>>
>>89603828
who isn't bearded or white-haired
>>
>>89603926
>The old mentor figure aspect isn't the important part.
>The white hair and beard is the important part.
>>
>>89603807
>there are lots and lots and lots of movies that dont follow said bullet points

I never said otherwise

now answer my question: how ought these movies in particular differ while still being self-contained? provide just one example

>>89603877
>Also Nolan's Bat movies managed to never adhere to this formula

nolanbats and star wars are long-form storytelling, marvel movies are episodic

>Neither do MoS, BvS, or SS. Neither does fucking Raimi's Spider-Man movies

MoS certainly does clark even gets two dead father figures

Spider-Man does as well and the sequels rehash it even further while shifting some of the bullet points around as you say
>>
>>89603926
>being this pedantic

neck yourself
>>
>>89603974
Not that it matters much, but he's not the one who said shifting around the bullet points. I did. You're speaking to multiple people, man.
>>
>>89603522
>Pym doesn't die even though the rest of formula applies, haha!
>the Ancient One doesn't count for some reason haha!

Busted af, sure
>>
>>89603974
>how ought these movies in particular differ while still being self-contained?

Literally any way they want. Are you telling me that every single Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America story of the past 50 years follows this formula? There are literally tons and tons and tons of comics to pick from. They could have done Saving Private Bucky starring Captain America, where he has to go deep behind enemy lines to save Bucky and at the end has to choose between saving his partner or attacking Red Skull. They could have had Iron Man be a controversial public figure due to his arms dealing past and then Russia makes their own Iron Man to compete with America and Tony accidentally creates and international incident. They could have had Thor have to save a human from He'l or any of the other millions of stories. Use your imagination you casual.
>>
>>89604040
>for some reason
for this reason >>89603926
>>
>>89603029
>>89602788
>Oh no, action movies have similar formula.

You know you cna basically apply that chart to a good chunk of Action movies, not just MArvel.

You trim down to the minimal and you get the same things.

No original idea since antiquity, no need to consider the MCU is a special case.
>>
>>89603997
Exactly. This comic is describing the most basic universal story structure. It's like complaining that Marvel movies feature conflict and resolution.
>>
Hey, why was the post with the hero Journey deleted?
>>
>>89604064

Are you mentally challenged?
>>
>>89604070
When casual moviegoers start to notice a pattern and formula in your movies, you're doing something wrong.
>>
>>89604047
>implying you couldn't still find a way to distill all of them down to the same "formula"

half of the "formula" only applies to origin movies anyway which are typically more based on the comics than the sequels

you casual
>>
>>89603974
>nolanbats and star wars are long-form storytelling, marvel movies are episodic

Star Wars literally has "episode" in its titles you fucking idiot. And no, Nolanbats was not planned as trilogy. They are episodic too. Marvel movies are explicitly long form storytelling because they intentionally have after the credit scenes to lead into the next movie and scenes within the movies (like Ant-Man fighting Falcon) that make no sense without what has come before.
>MoS certainly does clark even gets two dead father figures
What about the rest of the chart? Also Jor-El never dies for Clark, he is a ghost the whole time. And Superman's romance never fails due to the plot (a major point of the chart) and the second villain is in no way someone from Clark's past. Good try though.

>Spider-Man does as well and the sequels rehash it even further while shifting some of the bullet points around as you say

No it doesnt, there is no losing of a father figure in SM2 or 3, and the villain does not have a similar powerset, and Peter gets the girl in the end. Also Peter has his dad die before he learns what it means to be truly heroic.
God you are really grasping for straws.
>>
>>89604097
It's not casuals, it's professional nitpickers.
>>
>>89604117
what the fuck are you talking about? Literally nothing I said adheres to that formula, sure they COULD, but it would be bad. Saying they could in no way negates what I am saying. And none of the origins are based on the comics you stupid stupid casual. Tony has no mentor figure in the comics that dies and Iron Mongerer is completely different. Also he is way way more of an asshole and pepper pots didnt even exist as a love interest. Thor's origin is NOTHING like the movie at all you stupid stupid pleb, and Cap didn't have a mentor figure in his origin either and he sure as hell didnt accidentally defeat Red Skull by giving him a cosmic cube.
Goddamn this is pathetic, the most pathetic case of a casual trying to seem like they know what they are talking about.
>>
>>89604064
you are so fucking stupid m8
>>
>>89604117
>>implying you couldn't still find a way to distill all of them down to the same "formula"

Not really, no. I mean you can try but I think you'll make a fool of yourself
>>
>>89604158
>>89604070
>>89604079

not even Trasnformers adheres to this, stop making excuses. And there are ways to do the heroes journey without doing it in such a generic marvel way. MoS follows the hero's journey to a T without doing the same things that the Marvel movies do.
>>
>>89603997
this isnt the fucking hero's journey, where is the transformation? it seems to happen way before the mentor figure shows up, where is the gift of the goddess, where is the atonement? Where is the death and rebirth?
>>
>>89604094
see

>>89604211
>>
>>89604198
and it's shit
>>
>>89604171
>Tony has no mentor figure in the comics that dies

lol stopped reading right there you're half right though seeing as yinsen is hardly a mentor in the comics or the movie
>>
>>89604227

So is the MCU, what's your point
>>
>>89604233
>you are right but I stopped reading

kys
>>
>>89603129
>>89603195
>>89603127

moving the goalposts aside. guardians was more of a star wars movie than a marvel movie
>>
>>89604233
he is a lot more of a mentor in the fucking movie than the comics. There have been plenty of re-tellings of his origins in the comics that havent included him. Point is that that movie over used him so they could have that unearned emotional moment.
>>
>>89604265
fuck you no it wasnt, thats the stupidest thing ive ever read, there are no fucking dance offs in Star Wars.
>>
>>89604198
>not even Trasnformers adheres to this, stop making excuses
Sam Witwicky does
> And there are ways to do the heroes journey without doing it in such a generic marvel way
Marvel isn''t generic.
>MoS follows the hero's journey to a T without doing the same things that the Marvel movies do.
Of, course, all MCU movies are different, therefore, it's normal MoS is also different.
>>
>>89604265
You are the one moving the goal post.
Guardian is MCU.
>>
File: 796.jpg (92KB, 625x626px)
796.jpg
92KB, 625x626px
>>89604299
>>
>>89603029
1. this is a very stripped down frame work you lay out there you will find in Much much more movie than just MArvel. Congratulation, you have achived force year of movie school.

2. People tend to forget there is an over-arching plot going with the infinity stones. There is a thematic to be found with the localisation and effect of each of them.
>>
>>89604127
>ignoring uncle ben
>ignoring pa kent
>ignoring the codex
>God you are really grasping for straws

about as much as you are when you say "oh the formula really does apply to all of these even though you have to alter it every time"

>>89604277
>tony stark never had a mentor figure that dies
>oh I guess he does but it doesn't count!

yinsen played the same role in the movie as he always has
>>
>>89604361
No, you're wrong I can think of tons of action movies that don't follow this formula. All the 007 movies (minus Goldeneye), the Raimi Spider-Man movies, X-Men, TDK, Mission Impossible, ect. ect. ect.
>>
>>89604283
But there was no dance-off in GOTG.
>>
>>89604417
>No, you're wrong I can think of tons of action movies that don't follow this formula.
An I can think of much more who does.

and no, I am not wrong, the over-arching plot of the infinity gem does reign in. Once you start to consider all of those movies are part of one Saga, thematic reoccurence is not only understandable, but even to be expected.
>>
>>89604363
show me where in the comics there is a big emotional scene of tony crying over Yinsen, and even then the rest of the origin and character of Tony are wildly different from the movie you pedantic shit.
>>
>>89604363
I didn't ignore anyone, but you are just focusing on ONE single aspect of the chart, and I am showing you how those movies go against all the other aspects you stupid grasping for straws shit head.
>>
>>89604458
Name them, because the only ones coming to mind are Indiana Jones.

>and no, I am not wrong, the over-arching plot of the infinity gem does reign in.

Has nothing to do with them following a formula, if anything that makes it worse since this is suppose to be an overarching story.
>>
>>89604458
>An I can think of much more who does.
Name them.
>>
>>89604299
>Sam Witwicky does
what mentor does he lose? how is his romance fucked up by the story?

>Marvel isn''t generic.
They are super generic.

>Of, course, all MCU movies are different, therefore, it's normal MoS is also different.
We are in a thread showing specifically how they arent.
>>
>>89604458
>thematic reoccurence = same plot structure in 9 different movies

wew lad
>>
>>89604448
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaaJyAjvajo
>>
>people think pointing out the hero's journey is clever now
>>
>>89604470
>show me where in the comics there is a big emotional scene of tony crying over Yinsen

I must have missed that part in the movie

> and even then the rest of the origin and character of Tony are wildly different from the movie you pedantic shit

literally every superhero movie differs from the comics you pedantic shit, I'm only saying that the origin movies (which this chart is about) typically skew closer to the origin comics (at least in the first half hour) than the following movies

>>89604483
you are the one focusing on one aspect of the chart

MoS follows it almost to a tee (give or take a few bullet points of course) but instead you choose to nitpick over the Jor-El hologram
>>
>>89604541
holy shit you idiot its not the hero's journey

>>89604211

And even if it was, there are much better ways to do it.
>>
>>89604522
That wasn't a dance-off. That was a distraction. It says so right in the video you posted.
>>
>>89604541
>people not knowing what the hero's journey is

It's on wikipedia ffs
>>
>>89604606
>I must have missed that part in the movie
Wow, now you have to misremember your own movies to make them good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0VM1lIMMtY

>literally every superhero movie differs from the comics
>I'm only saying that the origin movies typically skew closer to the origin comics

make up your mind, and no they dont. They take the most barebones parts of them and twist them to make theme as generic as possible. Show me the Thor origin comic that had him fighting a giant robot in a small american town with his two quippy human girls.
>>
wow so literally the hero's journey, amazing
>>
>>89604606
>MoS follows it almost to a tee

I literally just explained how it doesnt. He has two father figures, one that never leaves him, his father figure dies before he fully gets his powers, and his love interest is not fucked up by the plot. That is three differences from the chart you moron.
>>
>>89604643
>its not a dance off because something comes after it, even though he says he is going to dance and starts dancing

it doesnt matter if its for a distraction, I can fire a gun as a distraction but I still fired a gun. Goddamn you are pedantic.
>>
>>89604502
Not same plot srutcutre. Basic frame work you can find in most action movie if you deconstruct them enough.
>>
>14 posters
>most of them believe it's the Hero's Journey
>the only people contesting is some butthurt DCfag
this will always make me laugh
>>
>>89604675
see
>>89604211
Also you can stop same posting now.
>>
>>89602788
>It's a /co/ learns about the Hero's Journey episode
>>
>>89604712
Not Transformers, not Lethal Weapon, not Die Hard. Not Raimi Spider-Man, not the universal Hulk movie. Cry harder.
>>
>>89604499
>We are in a thread showing specifically how they arent.
No, we are in a thread wh o strip down MCU movie to such a low level we can pretend they are all the same.
>>
>>89604718
>>89604734

see
>>89604211

also you can stop sameposting, the ip count isnt going higher.
>>
>>89604675
Add the OP to this. >>89603029

Doesn't matter though, because that's not even the hero's journey.
>>
>>89604751
>major plot points and character motivations are low level now

wew
>>
>>89604669
>Wow, now you have to misremember your own movies to make them good?
that's probably not what happened

it's just that the MCU movies are incredibly forgettable
>>
>>89604718
>i-its just o-one DCfagg! I s-swear guys!
>>
>>89604718

It's literally only one guy saying it's the Hero's Journey (you I assume) and he's wrong in every samefag
>>
>>89604669
not going to dredge up iron man scans to play your little game, point is yinsen served the same purpose he always has: he is part of the experience that spurs Tony to give up his warmongering

>>89604669
>make up your mind, and no they dont

why do you think it's a binary system of "exactly like the comics" or "nothing like a comics"

>Show me the Thor origin comic that had him fighting a giant robot in a small american town with his two quippy human girls

oh are we pretending the magical destroyer armor was just made up for the movies now
>>
>>89604740
Somhow you seem to confuss "many movies" with "all movie".

Also, stop mentionning Transformers, you are not helping your case.
>>
>>89604734
>It's a "/co/ doesnt know what the heros journey is episode"

Hint: the heros journey has nothing to do with love interests. OP's picture is NOT the heros journey.
>>
>>89604765
Your reading comprehenssion is low level.

Stripping down a movie structure to its basic means only the most important point remain.
>>
>>89604711
A dance-off implies two participants. If you challenge a man to a duel but shoot him before he can accept, you didn't have a duel. You distracted him.

Do you just call everyone who challenges your opinions pedantic?
>>
>get told about the MCU being the same movie over and over
>i-it's not hackery it's the hero's journey!!1

Pathetic tee bee eich
>>
>>89604787
>change argument from "he wasn't emotional over the death!" to "w-well he always was like that in the comics!"

absolutely pathetic, you got BTFO hard
>>
>>89604757
>see
>>>89604211
I fail to see the point, there.
>>
>>89604787
>oh are we pretending the magical destroyer armor was just made up for the movies now
no, but it sure as hell wasnt in his origin you stupid idiot. That is not skewing towards the comics. That is skewing away.
>>
>>89604791
you still havent named a single movie that fits the marvel formula
>>
>>89604812
so you admit that these are important and all the same then, and its been pointed out multiple times that many other movies differ in these important ways?
>>
>>89604855

The Force Awakens :^D
>>
>>89604855
neither have you because there is no formula
>>
>>89604824
you can have a one sided duel or a one sided dance off. If I challenge you to a duel and shoot you, you just lost that duel son. Do you really try this hard to pedantically protect the stupidest scene in GotG?
>>
>>89604842
>its the heroes journey
>here are all the ways it isnt the heroes journey
>I fail to see the point

are you always this retarded? Or are you just pretending?
>>
>101 posts
>16 ips
damn, this is getting pathetic for you DC fans
>>
>>89604877
we literally just named 3 movies in the OP you stupid cuck, and showed how Strange and Ant-Man fit it, with Ant-Man having one single variation to it.
>>
>>89604831
>change argument from "tony never had a life-changing mentor figure in the comics" to "w-well he did but he didn't cry over him!"

whatever you say champ

>>89604847
>still thinking it's a binary system
>>
>>89604877

It gets to a point where it doesn't matter if you're actually retarded or just pretending, just saying
>>
>>89604924
>I must have missed that part in the movie

What were you referring to when you said that, if not to say that he wasn't being cried over? And then why in your following post did you say

>point is yinsen served the same purpose he always has

Seems like you are changing your argument.
>>
So MCU is going to crash after Infinity War, right?
>>
>>89604924
No one is talking about binary but you, im simply saying that these movies get maybe 10% of the comics, maybe. That is definitely not skewing towards the comics.
>>
>>89604959
probably
>>
>>89604894
>you can have a one sided duel or a one sided dance off

No, you can't. It's only a duel or a dance-off if we're both participating. If you challenge me to a duel and shoot me while I stand there incredulous, we didn't have a duel. You just shot me.

Ronan naturally didn't accept the "dance-off" and Quill never expected him to, it was a distraction.
>>
>>89604988
Yes you can, if I challenge you to a duel and I shoot you, you lost the duel. Ronan lost the dance off.
>>
>>89604955
>What were you referring to when you said that, if not to say that he wasn't being cried over?

uh I was referring to the fact that I didn't remember Tony crying

>And then why in your following post did you say

>point is yinsen served the same purpose he always has

because he was part of the life-changing experience that made tony reconsider his path

you're the one changing the argument by nitpicking about the crying after saying that tony had no such figure in the comics
>>
>>89604265

Oh, Jerry. You're saying that because it has spaceships in it, aren't you?
>>
>>89604862
>and its been pointed out multiple times that many other movies differ in these important ways?
And much more movies have it too.
>>
>>89602788 (OP)
>opening then flash back
Only Captian America does that.
Thor and Iron Man remain linear
>start naive but must learn heroism
Neither Thor nor Tony start naive. One is full of himself and the other is a veteran warrior who can't control himself.
>death of mentor
Odin still isn't dead. Fuck, Thor hasn't even faced Odin's death directly yet. Thor was away the whole time Odin was off and when he meet him again, he is already up. Thor doesn't deal with Odin's death.
>vilain similar but opposite
Wow, it's almost as if those mocvies were based on comics book
>Love Romance fuckery
Iron Man didn't had any of that shit
>second movie has vilain of hero's past
Malektih isn't part of Thor's past but Odin's Past.

Your whole point fail under any half-serious scrutiny. When whatever two of the three movies might have in common happens, it's not even in the same order. Try harder next time.
>>
>>89605042
my whole argument was that in the comics Yinsen just helps him to become Iron Man, but is sometimes excluded from the origin altogether, but regardless Tony was never emotional over him. In the movie they made him a big fucking deal to the point where Tony cried over him, and its unearned drama to make him more of a father figure than he really was.
>>
>>89605073
what movies have it?
>>
>>89604243
No, MCU movies are good.

"those movies follow the same strucutre" doesn't make a movies bad.
>>
File: 13018701.jpg (102KB, 801x534px)
13018701.jpg
102KB, 801x534px
>>89605102
>Copy pasted the OP post number

>Pretending not to be a samefag.
>>
>>89605018
>Yes you can, if I challenge you to a duel and I shoot you, you lost the duel

It's only a duel if it's fair, structured combat. If you challenge me and shoot me before I can accept then you just distracted me.

>Ronan lost the dance off.

No he didn't because he never participated. Nor was he defeated by dance. The dance was literally just a distraction.
>>
>>89605124

It kind of does when you do it 12 times
>>
>>89605124
Yes it does! These are critically acclaimed movies who all follow a strict formula to a T. They even have the same shots in some instances.
>>
>>89605121
Star Wars, and bloodsport come to mind
Fuck, most Kung Fu movies does.
>>
>>89605169
But the OP /and/ this? >>89603029
>>
>>89605102
>Only Captian America does that.
Literally not true, Iron Man opens with Tony being captured, then title sequence, and then we cut to before that moment and see how he got to that point. Same with Thor being in the desert.

>Neither Thor nor Tony start naive.
Yes they do you fucking idiot. Being full of yourself or being a foolish prince is naive.

>Odin still isn't dead.
Yes he is, at least to Thor. And Thor had a big thing over it when facing Loki you stupid cuck.

>Wow, it's almost as if those mocvies were based on comics book
>implying they dont all have a wider range of villains, which you would know about if you werent a casual
>implying the Raimi films needed to use similar power villains for the origin

>Iron Man didn't had any of that shit
hahah what? Yes he fucking did.
>Malektih isn't part of Thor's past but Odin's Past.
He is part of Thor's past too, just not as directly.
>>
>>89605141
Hello, use your brain. Obviously, previous post has been deleted to correct a few thing and reosted again.

Of course it's the same person. You have never edited a post on 4chan?
>>
>>89605018

No, technically the person you replied to is correct. A competition between two people only occurs if two people, you know, compete.
>>
>>89605169
>Star Wars

only A New Hope, and even then the romance isnt fucked up, and at no point in A New Hope does Luke fight and defeat a villain with very similar powers.
>>
>>89605018
Only by forfeiture, The Accusers can boogie with the best of them.
>>
>>89605113
but tony doesn't cry because he's lost a father figure, yinsen was just some guy in a cave

he cries because for the first time he sees firsthand the horror that his weapons bring upon innocent people

he may not cry in the comics but it's the same shit
>>
>>89605124
They are bad.
>>
>>89605018
>>89605208
>what is failure by forfeit
>>
>>89605203

Leave it alone, they are literally making shit up at this point. The only reason the formula works so many times is because the movies are so forgettable that people don't remember having seen the same movie with different characters a few months back
>>
>>89605230
>all this headcanon im projecting onto Tony
its also the same weapons that Tony used to GET OUT OF there, he doesnt just stop using weapons afterwards, just realizes that only those he trusts (namely himself and eventually Rhodey) should use them.

Tony even says "thank you for saving me" implying he has a personal connection to him.
>>
>>89605262
yes yes everyone in the world but you and yours are stupid plebs, you are so very enlightened you should be running a movie studio instead of shitposting on a chinese cartoon board
>>
>>89605262
this is true
>>
>>89605319
>everyone in the world
>just a gaggle of idiots defending their shitty MCU

jesus christ, the prosecution complex is strong in you, and I say this as a jew
>>
>>89605308
>its also the same weapons that Tony used to GET OUT OF there, he doesnt just stop using weapons afterwards, just realizes that only those he trusts (namely himself and eventually Rhodey) should use them

never did I say he stopped using weapons, I said he sees firsthand the horror they have brought upon innocents

what you said about using them responsibly is perfectly in line with this, his experience causes him to stop handing them out like candy

>Tony even says "thank you for saving me" implying he has a personal connection to him

or just that his time with yinsen has helped him see the error of his ways

which it did
>>
>>89605355
Absolutely. The only reason why the general audience will like things is because it's trendy. It's the same reason you had tons of people who never saw Star Wars in their life shilled about how much of a Star Wars fan they were when Force Awakens was coming out.
>>
>>89605413
> I said he sees firsthand the horror they have brought upon innocents
>or just that his time with yinsen has helped him see the error of his ways
>I gotta project to make my movie good
>>
>>89605442
that's literally the impetus for tony's change of heart
>>
>>89605262
>>89605203
>Literally not true, Iron Man opens with Tony being captured
He isn't captured yet when the movie open, though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lY1GpZJwrE
>Same with Thor being in the desert.
Wrong, It start with the Ice Giant Story then transition to the Coronation event of Thor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpVSKe_htwI

>Yes they do you fucking idiot. Being full of yourself or being a foolish prince is naive.
No, it's not Naive. And Tony was mostly cynical and not giving a fuck. This is in no way naive.

>Yes he is, at least to Thor.
Missing what I said. Thor never really deal with the death of his father. He just learn it from Loki, and soon after, learn that he was lying the whole time. And unlike what the OP is featuring, never has to face it directly.

>>implying they dont all have a wider range of villains, which you would know about if you werent a casual
>implying the Raimi films needed to use similar power villains for the origin
The mvoe took importnat movie that mater in the origin of the hero.
>>implying the Raimi films needed to use similar power villains for the origin
The Green Goblins is bvery related to Peter and IS the ideal opposite of him. and even do raise in similar origin in tRaimi movies.

>hahah what? Yes he fucking did.
No, it didn't. Nothing get in the way od Tony ROmance with Peppers because it isn't there yet. it will only be developped in the second movie.

>He is part of Thor's past too, just not as directly.
So not part of Thor. Fuck, it doesn't carry any of the weight Winter Soldier had.
>>
>>89605427
>is because it's trendy
No, I like it becuase those are fun and enjoyable movies who are also part of a bigger and interresting Saga.

when it comes to "all connected " movies, the MCU is doing one hell of a good job.
>>
>>89605241
They are good.
>>89605156
Except they are all different and only when you strip them down of evertyhing is there som pseudo similarity present in much moe movies than the MCU
>>89605162
>Yes it does! These are critically acclaimed movies who all follow a strict formula to a T.
There is always wide variation, to the point the OP structure given doesn't even apply to all thee movie he gave.

You have to stretch it and nitpick to be bothered by those.
>>
>>89602788
Spider-man is in NYC, that's not unfamiliar territory for him.
His web shooters are not a signature weapon, really.
Flash back?
What?
Villian from the past?
What the fuck does any of this have to do with Spider-man?
>>
>>89603029
Please stop this consolewar gayness. You're literally criticizing action movie structure.

>Enemy is coveting over (thing) [Be it the cosmic cube, pym particles, the suit TONY BUILT IN A CAVE WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS! ect. ect.]
Kryptonian Codec macguffin.
Enchantress wants to revive her brother.
Arguably Doomsday or Batman wanting Kryptonite.

>They have access to (thing) now.
Clark has macguffin, Zod has world engine.
Enchantress' brother is released.
Lex creates Doomsday, Batman makes Kryptonite weapons.

>Main hero fights against enemy, but loses
Superman gets his shit pushed in by Faora.
The whole midway city sequence.
Literally the entire MARTHA scene.

>Side character says "hey, you should try again and shit because I believe in you"
Lois when Superman voluntarily turns himself in.
Bar scene where the Squad are suddenly a family.
See MARTHA.

>Hero tries again and wins, and retrieves the (thing)
Superman wins and stops the world engine.
Deadshot shoots Enchantress.
Doomsday dies.

>Big fight scene, where the hero wins and captures/kills enemy OH NO! It was a lie, this was part of the plan.
This is literally a recent action movie trope started by The Dark Knight. And honestly, out of all of the MCU, only Loki in Avengers 1 applies to this.

>it's a /co/ pretends they know anything about movies episode
>>
>>89605569
>He isn't captured yet when the movie open, though

Thats literally him being captured, try watching the FULL opening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3kYms1Yhmc

>Wrong, It start with the Ice Giant Story then transition to the Coronation event of Thor
So it does start with a flashback, thanks for proving my point you retard

>No, it's not naive.
But he was though, like this guy says

>>89605413
he was naive to the horrors his weapons were inflicting.

>Thor never really deal with the death of his father
So? Where does it say they deal with it? He just uses it as a reason to do the next part of the plot, like all the marvel movies.

>The mvoe took importnat movie that mater in the origin of the hero.
WHAT? Speak English.
>The Green Goblins is bvery related to Peter and IS the ideal opposite of him. and even do raise in similar origin in tRaimi movies.

One is self inflicted super science and army tech that makes him go crazy, the other is a radioactive spider-bite. Not similar at all, and please explain how they are the ideal opposites?
>Nothing get in the way od Tony ROmance with Peppers because it isn't there yet.
But it most definitely is and it gets fucked over by the end, hence why its expanded on in the second one dummy.

>So not part of Thor. Fuck, it doesn't carry any of the weight Winter Soldier had.
So? It still is from his past in some fashion. You are just being pedantic.
>>
>>89605603
saga is not spelled with a capital S you dummy. Also The MCU does a shit job at being connected, Tony gets rid of all his suits at the end of IM3, specifically robot suits that are self piloted and says he is done being Iron Man. The very next thing he does in AoU is built a fleet of robots.
>>
>>89605682
>They are good.
Nah, they are trash.

>>89605682
>There is always wide variation, to the point the OP structure given doesn't even apply to all thee movie he gave.

But it does apply to all of them and there is no variation.
>>
>>89606076
how is Zod coveting the kryptonian codec? do you even know what covet means? He doesnt have access to it or uses it against Superman at all. Also how is Enchantress wanting her brother coveting the thing that the Suicide Squad has? Or the Doomsday or Batman thing?

Literally none of what you said fits what you are trying to convey m8.

>Superman wins and stops the world engine.
>Deadshot shoots Enchantress.
>Doomsday dies.

That is not retrieving anything, and it wasnt Superman or Deadshot trying "again" that was them trying for the first time.
>Superman gets his shit pushed in by Faora.
>The whole midway city sequence.
>Literally the entire MARTHA scene.

See, these are different enemies, not the enemies they fight at the end you idiot.
Like its not even worth addressing the rest due to how wrong you are.
>>
>>89605603
It's a good thing that i'm not talking about you?
>>
>>89606076
>it's a /co/ pretends they know anything about movies episode

Maybe that's because this isn't a fucking movie board. Take your retardation elsewhere.
>>
>>89606076
>being this wrong
>>
>>89604725
>>89604757

put a bullet in your head if you're so concerned with who's posting what. I won't even tell you to go back to whatever shitty social media site you came from that made you care. Just kill yourself.
>>
>>89607038
>triggered
>>
>>89602788
>But why is a story about a hero's journey always like a hero's journey?!
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero's_journey
>>
>>89607166
see
>>89604211
>>
>>89607092
spectacular reply. I'll upvote that one for sure.
>>
>>89602788
>>89603123
Google "The Hero's Journey".

It's an old as fuck narrative. You can reduce a ton of stories to the barebones of it.
>>
>>89607237
>He didn't watch the movie.
They were demonstrated in mundane ways. Confirmed for not paying attention. Iron Man stopped being self-centered. Captain Merica literally changed bodies. I could go on but you'll just argue against the facts I think.
>>
>>89607283
>still triggered
>>
>>89607315
see
>>89604211
its not the hero's journey, it takes elements from it, but ultimately its the Marvel formula.
>>
>>89603050
Best costumes in the MCU
>>
>>89603029
I can believe the first line, but which movie, other than maybe Avengers 1, had that formula happen?
>>
>>89607823
Cap 3
Iron man 2
Ragnorok
Ant-Man
Guardians
Age of Ultron if you count Vision.
>>
File: 1333634891909.jpg (99KB, 500x641px)
1333634891909.jpg
99KB, 500x641px
>>89607877
>>Big fight scene, where the hero wins and captures/kills enemy
>Cap 3: Tony/T'Challa weren't the heroes, and Bucky wasn't the enemy, Zemo was.
>IM2: Yes
>Ragnarok: It hasn't even come out yet, unless you're extrapolating that from the Hela concept art
>Ant-Man: Cross wasn't defeated nor captured, in fact, it was the other way around with the protags.
>Guardians: Ronan wasn't defeated nor captured.
>AoU: Yes.

>>OH NO! It was a lie, this was part of the plan.
>>They have access to (thing) now.
>Zemo used Bucky, but he infiltrated, he wasn't captured or defeated
>I don't remember well because I didn't really like IM2, but, IIRC, Hammer took Whiplash for him.
>Cross ends up copying the Pym particles on his own, he didn't steal it or anything
>Ronan took the gem by force, but whatever
>Ultron stole the Vibranium, and then made Vision, I'm not sure if that counts

>>Main hero fights against enemy, but loses
>>Side character says "hey, you should try again and shit because I believe in you"
>>Hero tries again and wins, and retrieves the (thing)
>I'm not even sure what can you apply this to in Cap 3
>I don't remember Tony losing to Whiplash until the final fight where he kinda struggles, but whatevs. There was also no McGuffin to be retrieved
>The motivational speech happened during Scott's training, and he didn't lost to Darren in both fights
>I don't remember motivational speech to Quill in Guardians, but sure, I'll give you the other two
>There was nothing to be retrieved in AoU, and the speech only happened between Clint and Wanda. Arguably in Clint's house too.

tl;dr, only the (if you strip it to barebones) image of the OP counts, and that's for origin movies even, sequels try to do their own thing afterwards.
>>
somebody tell me the DC movie formula
>>
>>89608773
>Chromatic aberration
>blues and hues
>and orange for hope
>>
>>89602788
Sure, but compared to the DC formula, it's goddamned rocket science.

"Still learning, bound to kill a few people along the way" [youtube intensifies] "MARTHA"
>>
>>89607329
I'm not quite sure why you're using that word. If your intention in saying some anon was sameposting was to actually piss someone else off then congrats you "triggered" someone. But I doubt that was your intention so, again, what satisfaction do you take from that?

Besides the fact that triggered literally just means annoyed, why do faggots think its some kind of deep-hitting low blow simply because le epic facebook edge-lords used to use the phrase?
Thread posts: 171
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.