[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should his new name be?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 303
Thread images: 25

File: WallyWestRebirth.jpg (699KB, 1900x950px) Image search: [Google]
WallyWestRebirth.jpg
699KB, 1900x950px
Don't get me wrong, I love Wally West as much as the next Wallyfag. If Barry were still dead I'd 100% think he should still be The Flash. But I think it's time he gets a new name.

They've already given him a new costume, obviously because the iconic Flash look belongs to Barry. It's not like he gets grandfathered in like Jay. Jay has seniority over everyone and Barry has relevance. With the movie and the TV Show, as well as the direction they've been going in the comics since Final Crisis, Barry's cemented as the iconic Flash. When people think "The Flash" they will always think Barry Allen. The Flash comic will always be about Barry because he is The Flash. How can Wally honestly be The Flash if...he's not even relevant in The Flash?

That being said, since Wally can't ever honestly be The Flash, just a Flash (like he said in Titans), shouldn't he get a unique name? Just like his costume, he needs to move on from being a Barry knockoff. If/When he gets his own comic it could have his new name as the title instead of just being some wonky derivation of The Flash.

I was thinking we name him Red Racer. The name's already got some traction thanks to Multiversity and it goes with the open cowl red hair.

Thoughts?
>>
The Flash
>>
>>89598039
Real contribution to the discussion right here.

He's not even The Flash. He's A Flash. Not much of a name imo.
>>
Flash.
>>
>>89598123
If he's The Flash then why isn't he wearing The Flash costume?

Clearly he needs differentiation. The name should be part two.
>>
The Flash
>>
>>89598154
We're not talking about Barry Allen, anon.
>>
>>89597986

>But I think it's time he gets a new name.

I think you're incorrect.
>>
He's the Flash
>>
>>89597986
Bolt, Flare, Surge, Rush or any other 4/5 letter synonym.
>>
Flashback
>>
>>89598264
Good one, anon.
>>
Scarlet Speedster
>>
>>89598280
Well that's a nickname for Barry so I don't think that one works as well.
>>
His name should be The Flash.

As much as people (like DC until very recently) want to ignore it, Wally fucking EARNED that title.
>>
>>89598211
Do you have a reason why?

Other than "I like Wally more than Barry." It's not really about preference. It's just that the dude who isn't in The Flash comic book probably shouldn't be The Flash.
>>
>>89598300
Red Flash
>>
>>89598307
He can't be THE Flash though. He's only A Flash. Barry is The Flash
>>
>>89598307
Of course he did. But so did Barry. It's not really about "earning" so much as he doesn't fit as The Flash. He's not on the Justice League, he's not in The Flash comic, he doesn't even have The Flash costume.

He's completely separated from anything that made him uniquely The Flash aside from the name. I think it's time to cut the last thread that keeps Wally in Barry's everpresent shadow. It's like we forgot the reason he took the name in the first place.
>>
>>89598337
There are many Green Lanterns, so why can't there be more than one Flash?
>>
>>89598341
You can try and bait all you want but Wally will always be the best Flash, Barry's will always be one of the best deaths in comics, and Barry's return directly correlates with the DCU becoming an irredeemable shitpile.
>>
File: image.jpg (163KB, 800x417px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163KB, 800x417px
>>89597986
I hate this sentiment so freakin much,yes Barry is the mainstream flash but that doesn't make Jay and Wally any less deserving of that name,They has always been more than one flash,Wally earned that title any move away from it would be as cheap as "red robin" in terms of half assed corporate mandate
>>
>>89598337
Fuck off, going by that logic, Jay Garrick is the Flash.
>>
>>89598385
Because they are Green Lantern _____ or Green Lantern of Sector _____

Most go by name
>>
>>89598405
No. He was The Flash. Now he is A Flash
>>
>>89598387
Sure, I didn't say he wasn't the best Flash. But that's obviously an opinion. Most people don't even think of anyone but Barry as The Flash nowadays. That's the world we're in.

I'm not trolling. Thinking differently from you isn't trolling.
>>
>>89598434
Just like how you went from being A faggot to being THE faggot.
>>
>>89598417
But that doesn't work in relation to Earth based Green Lanterns. Sure, they're the Green Lantern of Sector 2814, but that could refer to Hal, John, Guy, Kyle, Jessica, or Simon.
>>
>>89598447
Thinking differently isn't blindly accepting the current shitty status quo and even going a step further and revising history for its benefit.
>>
Who the fuck even cares about Wally
>>
>>89598385
Because according to the OP, The Flash is like the Highlander meaning there can only be one.

The majority of the people in this thread agree that he's The Flash. Just like Jay Garrick and Barry Allen.

>>89598417
To the citizens of DC earth, there is John Stewart, Guy Gardner, Masked Green Lantern, Bigger Masked Green Lantern, Green Lanterngirl and Ski Mask Lantern.

>>89598447
So by your logic most people only think of Hal Jordan and John Stewart as Green Lantern. Stop thinking about just /tv/ shit.
>>
The Gingerbread Man

You can't catch him
>>
>>89598405
Jay Garrick isn't in the same universe and was obviously a special case.

Jay can always be "Earth 2" Flash or something. But his Superhero name was basically Jay Garrick after he came back. People would refer to Wally as Flash and Jay as Jay.

I guess that can kind of be the same situation with Wally now but I think the costume change and his divorce from his role as The Flash in the Flash title, in the show, and in the Justice League suit him better to just forging a new identity.

Wally took up the Flash mantle because Barry died and he wanted to continue on the legacy. He didn't want anyone to forget about Barry. That's why he made his identity public.

But now we're in a universe where Barry never died. COIE never happened. Wally technically never took up The Flash mantle in Barry's name -- he only has murky memories of a past that no longer exists.

Much like everything else, he has to learn to let go and move on. A new name ought to help with that. There's no more need to keep Barry's name alive when Barry's alive.
>>
>>89598493
>So by your logic most people only think of Hal Jordan and John Stewart as Green Lantern. Stop thinking about just /tv/ shit.

GL is obviously different. They're a police force. There isn't a fucking school for Flashes. There isn't an entire army of Flashes. The Flashes don't have the bounds of space or multiple books or even multiple planets to stake their claims and differentiate.

The best you get is too fucking indistinguishable cities with different names.

I mean, fuck, Wally won't ever get to really be The Flash. Barry's the one who gets The Flash villains, the Flash supporting cast. The things that define The Flash all belong to Barry now.

Instead of giving Wally scraps I think he should get his own stuff.
>>
File: image.jpg (517KB, 962x1514px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
517KB, 962x1514px
>>89598500
Jay wasn't from earth 2 post crisis though,Pre 52 he was the OG flash and Barry was his successor,that didn't confuse anyone or bother anyone I don't see why newfags insist the flash be a one man title and not a title shared in a family
>>
File: image.jpg (815KB, 1074x1650px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
815KB, 1074x1650px
>>89598535
Wally's supporting cast HASNT shown up in the new52 or been a part of Barry's at all,Wally also had a bunch of rogues that showed up in Johns era that haven't shown up in the new 52 either,Barry took the name and parts of his personality not his role
>>
>>89598535
There isn't multiple books for Green Lantern though, all six of them are lumped together across 2 books, 3 if you include Justice League.
>>
>>89598552
>Jason

Learn something new everyday
>>
>>89598552
Because if you end up with 5 dudes calling themselves The Flash the no one is The Flash. Just a bunch of Flashes that there's not enough room for.

Barry already is The Flash. It's not a question. Wally's hanging on to a name that it doesn't even make sense for him to have in this universe. All because Mark Waid really disliked Barry Allen in the 90s.

Like I said, it's not just about "too many" Flashes, all though that DOES matter. Wally has no reason to be The Flash. The entire reason he took up the mantle NEVER EVEN HAPPENED. Barry never died. Wally never became The Flash. He's got some fucked up memories from a timeline that never existed.

He might as well have been driven partially insane by the Speed Force for all the difference it makes. He's even embarrassed by it -- when confronted about Barry he sheepishly says he's "a" Flash because obviously the name is Barry's in this universe.

Think about it in the story. The added benefit of less dudes with the same name running around is nifty but not the entire reason.
>>
>>89598647
What did you think Jay stood for?
>>
>>89598675
J-Jay?
>>
>>89598602
I'm talking mostly about the villains. Though Pied Piper has definitely shown up and Pied Piper is probably the second or third most important Wally supporting character behind Linda and MAYBE Jay.

Guess who's Pied Piper's friend now? Barry.
>>
>>89598642
Right, and most of them are taking a back seat while 3 of them are the relevant ones. There's technically thousands of Green Lanterns (dozens of them uniquely named). You can't compare.
>>
>>89598664
Jay Garrick already is The Flash. It's not a question. Barry's hanging on to a name that it doesn't even make sense for him to have in this universe. All because Carmine Infantino really disliked Jay Garrick in the 50's.
>>
>>89598686
Then what about Barry and Bart?
>>
>>89597986
Either just call him Flash or RedFlash

I mean we have had multiple Supermans and Batmans at once.
Hell didn't he stay as Flash when Barry came back? Why would he change now that he's back?
>>
>>89598737
Barry and Bartholomew
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1332x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1332x2048px
>>89598664
Wally became the flash to honour Jay and Barry not just because Barry was dead,Barry showed up a bunch of times before his revival that never stopped Wally from using the name if you think Barry being alive undoes every reason Wally had for using that name you just don't get his character
>>
>>89598723
He's The Flash of Earth 2.

If Wally was The Flash of Earth "Pre Flashpoint" in a book about shit that wasn't on the main Earth then that'd be cool.

If you mean they're going to bring Jay back soon then that's not a great thing but it's not the same situation. Jay's superhero name became Jay Garrick more than it did The Flash -- people only really called him The Flash when Wally was on break (like when he broke his legs).

And again, the multiple Flash thing isn't the main reason why I think they should change his name. They should change his name because they've changed everything else about him and given most of his Flash related shit to Barry anyhow.
>>
>>89598772
Except that Barry is also Bartholomew.
>>
>>89598791
Yes I know that.
>>
>>89598770
He really didn't stay as Flash when Barry came back. He never suited up again after Flash Rebirth. They kicked him out of The Flash title, cancelled his upcoming book, and kicked him off of both the JL and Titans so he wouldn't show up as The Flash anymore.

They didn't want to confuse people as their costumes were too similar and they used the same name, so Barry was the only one who showed up after Rebirth (the original).
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2048x1574px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2048x1574px
>>89598694
I'm talking about villians as well
>>
>>89598664
Because if you end up with 5 dudes calling themselves Green Lantern, then no one is Green Lantern. Just a bunch of Green Lanterns that there's not enough room for.

Hal already is Green Lantern. It's not a question. John, Kyle, Simon, Guy and Jessica's hanging on to a name that it doesn't even make sense for them to have in this universe. All because Geoff Johns really disliked Barry Allen in the 2000s.

Like I said, it's not just about "too many" Green Lanterns, all though that DOES matter. They have no reason to be Green Lantern.

Think about it in the story. The added benefit of less dudes with the same name running around is nifty but not the entire reason.
>>
>>89598778
Barry's appearances were purely temporary at that point. He would constantly go "I don't want to know how I die but I'm glad you took up the mantle" and stuff like that.

Which further leads back to the point of WHY Wally was The Flash. He was the Flash because Barry was dead and he didn't want people to forget about Barry and the things he did. That's also why he made his identity public, so people could know of Barry's sacrifice.

NONE OF THAT HAPPENED ANYMORE. The universe has changed. Barry never died in COIE because COIE never happened. Wally would've never become The Flash. The Speed Force fucked with his head.
>>
File: image.jpg (255KB, 640x984px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
255KB, 640x984px
>>89598664
>>Mark waid hated Barry allen
>>
>>89598817
Well Kyle is technically White Lantern now
Guy should have stayed Red
Jessica should have stayed Power Ring
Baz shouldn't exist or at least go Blue
John commands the GL Core now so he needs a title representative of that
>>
>>89598809
Girder, Axel, and Mardon have all appeared.

I'll give you Magenta, Blacksmith, Murmer and McCulloch. But McCulloch can't exist so long as Scudder's around so that's moot, and Magenta already showed up in the show.

If you think you can make a compelling Rogues' Gallery for Wally out of Blacksmith and Magenta (and who else, fucking double down? lol) then by all means. But the iconic Flash villains outside of fucking Abra Kadabra are all Barry's.
>>
Wally West is The Flash.
>>
>>89598861
Mark Waid had respect for the character but many, many times said Barry was boring and he would never bring Barry back to life because he wasn't that great a character.

It's ironic because some of Barry's best stories are under Waid's pen but hey, some of Wally's best stories are under Wolfman and Wolfman ACTIVELY hated Wally. You can write a character well and still not like them.
>>
>>89598039
Fpbp
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 500x366px
>>89598833
Except Wally(and the fans) fucking remember why he picked that name,Time getting fucked up doesn't change that plus new 52 Barry even remembers Wally as a flash and requests him to keep the name,how is this so hard to grasp around your head
>>
>>89598833
You're right, maybe we should go around torching every story that had Wally as the Flash because it doesn't adhere to the strict continuity of this modern dumpster fire that is the DCU. And firebomb DC for bringing him back while having the audacity to call him the Flash still.
>>
It's the Flash. It's the only thing he can ever be. He earned it.
>>
>>89598868
If you really think the comics should follow the tv show then Linda should be crushing on Barry,also aren't the rogues proof enough any ridiculous concept can be a threat under the right pen,Plus Savitar,Zolomon,Cobalt blue and kilg%re can always come back
>>
>>89598075
So it wasn't a problem when you had both Jay and Barry, why is it a problem now?
>>
>>89598909
And more fans like Barry more if you want to go the "BUT WHAT ABOUT THE FANS" route.

Most people only associate Wally as Kid Flash thanks to Young Justice and the TV Show, anyhow. If this is about how the fans feel then you're on the wrong side of the argument. Most fans only care about Barry.

New 52 does not remember Wally as The Flash. Wally had to tell him he was the Flash. Barry only remembered stuff from Wally's childhood because that wasn't edited.

Go reread Flash Rebirth or DCU Rebirth. You'll see all of Barry's memories are of Wally as a Kid, as Kid Flash, and on the Teen Titans. He didn't know Wally was The Flash, didn't know Wally was married, didn't know a single thing about Wally's adult life because it hasn't happened yet.

Wally was never The Flash in this universe. That's why, when he came back, he was wearing his Kid Flash costume. This is a universe where Barry never died so of course Wally didn't become The Flash.
>>
>>89598974
Do they though? The actual fans, I mean. The ones who read comics before 2010.
>>
>>89598833
Lol look at you. Those stories happened, a lot of people read them. Nobody fucking cares about whatever bullshit DC is trying to shove down your throats, what matters is the real history.
>>
>>89598974
In this universe, the one that we live in, Wally was the Flash for two decades and is untouchable in terms of the quality of his stories. Your appeals to shitty continuity and outside media don't erase that.
>>
>>89598927
DC clearly knows they can't just have the Wally that we know and love. It doesn't fit the cinematic or television universe and synergy is important. It doesn't even fit THEIR preferred universe.

Johns is a big Wallyfag and got to throw his wish into a book because of poor sales. So now we have this ass backwards situation where the universe does not work for a Wally West flash. You have to come up with nonsense about memories that never happened to even justify Wally BEING THE FLASH. Not to mention anything else.

Nothing about Wally's life as The Flash exists or is canon anymore. That was the entire point of Titans #6 -- Wally had to learn to let go of his life that never happened.

It's contradictory that he's holding onto the title he got from that life while giving up anything else. It just doesn't fit. They wrote themselves into a corner last time with the original Rebirth trying to have their cake and eat it by keeping Wally as The Flash as well, and it ended up in the situation we're currently fucking in. Wally as The Flash doesn't honestly work in the same universe with Barry as The Flash. They tried, it failed, they moved on to the more profitable thing.
>>
>>89599029
If Johns is a big Wallyfag why the fuck did he write Rebirth?
>>
>>89599015
Who and who isn't a fan isn't defined by when they started reading comics. Barry Allen's Flash is the most high selling solo hero comic besides Batman and that says a lot. Titans is selling poorly and getting lower every month.

The Wally fans like us are a loud minority, which thankfully includes Geoff Johns.
>>
>>89599029
You are the worst type of comic book fan.
>>
>>89598974
Most people only associate DC with grim stories and boring characters, that doesn't mean it's true. Are you going to agree with them?

New 52 is fucking bullshit though, I can't wait for this pathethic excuse of a timeline to finally end.
>>
>>89599019
Good and we should really define the universe and narrative of the comics by super small minority of Wally fans, most of which stopped reading comics years ago anyhow.
>>
>>89599062
Oh so this has been a bait thread the whole time.
>>
>>89599052
EVS's idea and Didio approved it. Johns thought Wally was getting his own book. He thought, at worst, Wally would get the Kyle treatment where he gets his own book and gets the added benefit of being the most powerful Flash.

They quashed it because The Flash wasn't popular enough to support the sales. They didn't want to commit to a Wally book when last they looked Wally's solo was cancelled for sub 30k sales.
>>
>>89599085
How dare I point out that Barry Allen is really popular and successful as The Flash? Or that I really like Wally and think a name change will help him out?
>>
>>89599080
The fact that you are legitimately defending the current continuity of one of the worst periods in DC comics history shows you have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>89597986

He's the Flash
>>
>>89599029
>It doesn't fit the cinematic or television universe and synergy is important

Oh look more /tv/ shit.
>>
>>89597986
The Flash.
>>
>>89599124
Wally doesn't need help. He is the Flash. DC needs help. Popularity and success mean fuck all.
>>
File: image.jpg (743KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
743KB, 1000x1537px
>>89599029
First of in this universe Barry gave Wally the name,second off just because no one but Wally remembers his past doesn't mean he should forget all about it,also fuck off with your tv show synergy BS,might as well kill him off and keep Black Wally as the main Wally if DC is just gonna be supplementary material
>>
>>89599139
Did you fucking skip over how Barry's outselling everyone but Batman right now?

Barry's super popular, a lot of that is because of the TV show. That's probably a big reason they were so happy to super push Barry to the moon and sideline Wally. Wally could never get this kind of cross success. Wally hasn't sold this well in his entire run as The Flash.
>>
>>89599170
>Wally could never get this kind of cross success
He could if he had a live action TV show on the CW.
>>
>>89599170
Doesn't that garbage television show portray Barry as Wally? Don't the masses gulp down whatever shit is put in front of their faces?
>>
>>89598135
He's the Flash. Any costume he wears is a Flash costume.
>>
>>89599164
You're a fucking idiot. Go read DCU Rebirth where Wally tells him that he had an entire life that was wiped away.

Barry didn't remember anything past Wally's life of a Teen Titan. Wally had to tell him everything else. All the stuff that was deleted, INCLUDING HIS CAREER AS THE FLASH, was stuff Barry didn't know.

Barry obviously accepts it because he's a nice guy and isn't going to go "Well I'm The Flash now so pick a new name." But Wally should be the one who decides on a new name.

The only reason he's calling himself The Flash is because of fabricated memories of a time that never happened.
>>
>>89599193
I hope at least with Barry co-opting Wally's more recent characterization, we can have young conservative Wally again.
>>
>>89599217
No, you're the fucking idiot. DC's shitty editorial mandates do not cause books to vanish from existence.
>>
>>89598785
Post-Crisis and up to Flashpoint Jay and Barry both existed on New Earth and both were called The Flash.

After Barry returned all three were called The Flash.
>>
>>89599184
You can't do a live action show on the CW about the fucking successor to a hero who no one knows about. Wally's shit does not work as a standalone story.

>>89599193
It's more Peter Parker than anything. He's neither Barry nor Wally. But the entire origin of The Flash and shit is Barry specific.

I agree that Barry's original incarnation is a bit boring to be popular. So they changed him to be more interesting.

Guess what? They did the same with Wally. Unless you want Wally to go back to going GOLLY GEE FLASH THAT SURE WAS A GREAT SCIENCE LESSON.

Or, I don't know, go back to being a womanizing douchebag.

I never get why people are so obstinate about them tweaking Barry's personality like some great sin but don't remember how Wally wasn't always the character everyone loves. It took a BUNCH of huge changes to make him likable.
>>
>>89597986
Here's the deal: Fuck Barry, Wally should be the only Flash on New Earth.
>>
File: image.jpg (761KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
761KB, 1000x1537px
>>89599217
His memories aren't fucking fabricated the whole point of rebirth is that a lot of pre52 shit(like Wally) has been fucked with by some outside force,it's as much his real history as Rebirth Clark remembers his old world,if your gonna erase all of that might as well just have skipped the whole rebirth plot
>>
>>89599245
Sure. They're just non-canon. Treat them like an elseworld. They never actually happened as it pertains to the current universe.

Wally West isn't also a cowboy who had to kill Barry Allen -- that's not me saying Justice Riders as a comic doesn't exist you dingbat.
>>
File: IMG_4637.jpg (75KB, 640x603px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4637.jpg
75KB, 640x603px
>>89597986
There is only one answer, whether you like it or not.
>>
>>89599255
Barry didn't exist Post-Crisis until after Flash Rebirth for a whopping year and a half, dude.

And during that entire run Jay and Wally never showed up outside of very brief cameos.

So not really the best argument.

During Wally's run no one called Jay The Flash. They called him Jay. They only time they called him The Flash was when Wally wasn't around as kind of a nod of respect. Wally West was the Flash, Jay Garrick was Jay Garrick.

That's basically the situation we're in now. Everyone calls Wally by his name. No one's calling him Flash or The Flash, really. That's why I think he needs a new name.
>>
>>89597986
I keep telling you, call him Redshift. Simple, to the point, a nice subtle reference to his powers and his current situation.
>>
>>89597986
I don't understand why this triggers people. Let him call himself Flash, it's not like you can't ignore him.
>>
>>89599286
They ARE fabricated. Someone went back through time and made it so that stuff never happened.

Crisis on Infinite Earths never happened. Barry never died. Wally never became The Flash. Wally has memories of a timeline that doesn't exist and, thanks to time fuckery, never existed. He acknowledged as much when he died in Flash #6 before coming back.

They're fabricated in his head from the Speed Force. It never actually happened because that's how time travel works. It's like how Barry's mom was never actually alive when he grew up because Thawne time traveled.

Even if Barry somehow magically regained the memories of a timeline where his mom never died, that's not the universe he's in now. That's not what really happened.

That's Wally's situation. He's basically living on a delusion. He's a 20 year old dude with fake memories.
>>
>>89599307
So what you're really saying is he should be called Flash.
>>
>>89599266
You're not even making sense anymore. Just stop.
>>
>>89599293
Yeah, a dude who doesn't like Barry Allen, who doesn't work with DC, should really decide that.

Notice how he called him Flash instead of The Flash. Even Waid's subconsciously deriding Wally because, guess what, Barry's the one who really has The Flash name.

If Mark Waid had his way Barry would've never come back to life. The Flash title would've continued to flounder. We'd probably have no show, on top of that.
>>
File: 819PvN66TFL.jpg (401KB, 958x1500px) Image search: [Google]
819PvN66TFL.jpg
401KB, 958x1500px
>>89599352
What's this then?
>>
>>89599363
I'm saying he should get a name that's distinct, much like how he got a new costume and isn't the star of The Flash anymore.
>>
>>89599390
>If Mark Waid had his way Barry would've never come back to life. The Flash title would've continued to flounder. We'd probably have no show, on top of that.

And the world would be a much better place.
>>
>>89597986
Crimsom Bolt.
>>
>>89599394
Something that has been retconned to have never happened.

I know Convergence sucks but the ending of it was that Parallax Hal, Superman, Supergirl, and Barry Allen defeated the Anti-Monitor before he could start destroying the multiverse.

As such, COIE never happened, canonically. Time travel, hooray.
>>
>>89599390
>We'd probably have no show, on top of that.

And nothing of value would be lost.
>>
>>89599413
Flash would still be horrible like it was when Waid last wrote it. No show, no vastly more successful comic.

Just because you like Wally more (I also like Wally more) does not mean you should lie to yourself about facts.
>>
>>89599390
Jesus, Barryfags are the worst. Wally already lost his book, life and respect for years. He already lost the mainstream appeal he once had too, thanks to becoming black in TV show. Now you guys are trying to take away what's only left to him. Chill down and ignore it.
>>
>>89599437
To you, maybe, but it's sure got a lot more fans than Wally ever had.
>>
>>89598488
I care.

Now, this is a troll.
>>
>>89599467
If we are pulling shit out of our ass, Wally had Justice League and Young Justice.
>>
>>89599433
And yet it still exists you stupid fuck. Just stop.
>>
File: image.jpg (697KB, 966x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
697KB, 966x1600px
>>89599352
Holy fuck how did you miss the entire point of rebirth,pre52 status quo existed in this timeline and it's slowly coming back
>>
>>89599451
Yeah you're right the shit we have now is totally worth erasing the richest legacy in superhero comics.
>>
>>89599461
Or maybe I'm trying to give him something new so he can finally move away from being in Barry's long shadow.

Does it baffle you so much that this might be a positive thing for the character? A step forward instead of a step back?
>>
>>89599506
Ensemble shows. You don't get to rope in Batman and Superman fans and go "Look at all these Wally fans!"

Wally got cancelled for bad sales, not because he's just so popular but a bunch of Barryfags took over.
>>
>>89599547
How'd you miss the point of Titans where Wally literally has himself and the Speed Force tell him he has to move on and leave that old life that never happened behind him?
>>
>>89599554
Him having a different name doesn't make him not a legacy character. Is Bart not a legacy character because his name was Impulse? Was XS? Was Wally's daughter? Is Nightwing not a legacy character? How about Donna Troy or Arsenal or Tempest?

You don't have to have the exact same name to be a legacy character. Getting a new name is actually pretty traditional in DC.
>>
>>89599663
Wally already moved far past Barry's long shadow you obtuse ignorant fuck. The step backward was reintroducing Barry.
>>
>>89599517
The comics exist, obviously. That's not my point. Think of how the story is. Think of the last piece of Wally's character development.

Now tell me why he's hanging onto a name from a past life he's moved on from.
>>
>>89599744
According to you he never existed so which is it?
>>
>>89599764
Yeah, back when Barry was dead. Barry's back and his shadow is back with him.

I'm not saying he has to prove himself worthy. I'm saying he never had to. Because it never happened. He has no reason to be The Flash aside from some fucked up memories that he can't even remember clearly that he supposedly gave up.

Dude didn't even keep the uniform. The only thing he's still holding onto is a name that doesn't suit the story or him.
>>
>>89599769
Because DC has no idea what the fuck it's doing.
>>
>>89599785
Bart exists in the future anyhow. We're talking about a past that never happened.
>>
>>89599796
If he never existed then why do you like him as a character?
>>
>>89599806
With regards to what?

If you mean they should've never gotten rid of that wonderful, rich, history then you're wrong. They were about to shut down the comics wing and go into reprinting before they overhauled things. As mismanaged as it was.
>>
>>89599062
Titans isnt doing no bad, and is kind of stable. I mean, it's not top 10, but iirc, is in the top 20. For a "new" team book, with a bunch of C listers and a few bigger hero nanes, with that hard to deal with art, I think is actually doing fine. I wish it was two books per month.
>>
>>89599838
I like him as a character because of all those stories and he's a fun and interesting personality to read about.

That doesn't preclude me from recognizing holding onto that past life that never happened (in the story) is contrary to what's going on and it's holding him back.

If you really want to get pedantic about this then I also liked him as a Teen Titan. The Teen Titan history still exists.
>>
>>89598971

/thread
>>
>>89599845
Honestly they should have just shut it down because what we have now is shitty lifeless drivel that is tarnishing the legacy of the greatest universe in comics and is championed by ignorant shills like you.
>>
>>89599867
What's holding him back is the return of a decades dead Barry Allen and DC's other shitty editorial mandates.
>>
>>89599858
Titans is #55 in money, #40 in sales.

Titans early sales were huge because everyone thought all the Manhattan stuff would show up there. It had one of the highest return rates at shops once people figured out that that wasn't the case.

I'm not saying the sales are bad. 48k (even at 2.99) isn't bad! But it's not great and it's been on significant decline. It's certainly not some return to form and it's like 30k below Flash. If Wally had a huge rabid fanbase just yearning to read about him you'd think the only book with him in it, on top of the only book with a few other characters with SOME fans, would be doing fantastic.

Team books tend to outsell the solo members. JL outsells everyone but Batman.
>>
>>89599817
Bart is gone.

>>89599686
I guarantee more people remember Wally West from Justice League/Young Justice than Barry from the CW show and the most memorable thing about comic Barry was that he was the dead Flash.
>>
>>89599936
I actually agree. If Barry Allen never came back then of course he should be carrying on The Flash mantle.

But Barry came back. And was and IS wildly successful. He's way more successful than Wally ever was, sad as that sounds. So that's obviously not something we can hope for or even support unless we want DC to shoot themselves in the foot to suit us.
>>
File: 7FE.jpg (288KB, 1047x785px) Image search: [Google]
7FE.jpg
288KB, 1047x785px
>>89597986
>>
>>89597986
I'd call him The Flash.
That's who he is.
Casuals be damned.
>>
>>89599943
Bart's from the future. He can always just pop back.

It's really easy to make Bart exist. In like 50 years when he's born he gets zapped to the future for experiments. An older version of Iris and Barry go to the future and save him, bringing him back to the safer current timeline.

That's basically what happens the first time around.

Most people who watched JL don't really associate Wally's name with The Flash. he had like one scene where they said his name and 3 or 4 scenes where they showed his face. He's primarily just The Flash.

In Young Justice he's Kid Flash. Anyone who watched Young Justice would've seen him as Kid Flash and Barry as Flash. You see a lot of that confusion today, where people who've only seen Young Justice get confused in comments and forums about anything to do with Wally as The Flash.
>>
>>89598493
>So by your logic most people only think of Hal Jordan and John Stewart as Green Lantern.

This is true though
>>
>>89600051
no stop they'll call you a shill
>>
>>89599965
What makes Barry successful, that isn't /tv/ shit, the fucker was dead for 20+ years.

>>89600007
We don't need Bart whilst Black Wally is around, because we don't need two young speedster sidekicks running around.
>>
>>89600085
>What makes Barry successful, that isn't /tv/ shit, the fucker was dead for 20+ years.

His incredibly high comics sales? What metric is he not successful? He sells better than Wally ever has in his entire run.

>We don't need Bart whilst Black Wally is around, because we don't need two young speedster sidekicks running around.

I agree but Bart's way better. Fuck I liked Wally's daughter more (especially the Kingdom Come/Chain Lightning version) than Black Wally. It's a shame that being black counts for 100x as much diversity points as being asian or she might've lived.
>>
>>89599937
A pity to see that it lowered so much, but it's still a good place.

Damn, I like that book. It's kind of confy and fun.
>>
>>89600178
The art's doing it no favors.

The worst criticism is it's basically just been a rehash for half a year. And it's not like Wally being in Titans is a triumphant return to form. Dude was in the Justice League -- it's a demotion.

It's kind of funny how the JL has the much less powerful speedster on the roster who never does anything. I suppose, at the very least, Wally isn't getting written by Hitch. Blech.
>>
>>89599912
Yeah you're right all those editors and writers should've just made themselves destitute.
>>
>>89599517
Yeah and all the extended universe for Star Wars still exist. Should the movies be beholden to all that horseshit?

No?

Then shut the fuck up. The shit's been retconned out. It happens. Next thin you'll tell me is the Speed Force shouldn't exist because it was a latter day retcon.
>>
Just a reminder.

That a thing never happened before, it doesn't mean that it cannot happen and work for the first time.

And about the legacy name, they can give Wally a new reason to name hinself that: healty admiration, for example.

They're going to place Wally in NY, wgich kind of fits him. And giving him the name of Flash is a nice chance to open the Flash boom to turning leads: when there are not good stories for Barry, try Wally. When you want to tell a story concerning Barry but without him, call Wally, etc.

Endless posibilities.

The people is clearly against hin getting a new name, and a good one needs some proper building for it to work. So let's stay with Flash for a while.

The changes in the costume are logical, editorial wise you cannot tell apart Wally from Barry when they are in the classical costume (well, you can, but most people cannot). The new one still looks lije a Flash costume, but incorporates the Kid Flash elements and the metal texture that Flashguy Wally loves. I like it.
>>
>>89600346
Yeah God knows the only reason I buy comics is to have them sit on my shelf unread while my favorite editors and authors make money.
>>
>>89600415
Wally is very explicitly a midwest boy who has struggled to acclimate to his much more liberal friends. He mellowed out as he got older but he was still a midwest conservative type.

I don't see how New York suits him at all.

If you think telling them apart is important enough to make very significant changes then the name is just as important to change as the costume.

The Impulse costume looks like a Flash costume. Looking like a Flash costume doesn't mean you have to be called The Flash.
>>
>>89600476
God knows comics are meant only for you and your opinion of what counts as quality.
>>
>>89600376
You're right but why stop there? Let's just retcon out the original Star Wars trilogy and recreate a world with similar characters (but not the exact ones we know and love) and inferior stories. That'll go over gangbusters.
>>
>>89600497
It fits precisely because of it. Hr is a fush out of water, sort of.

Can be fun.
>>
>>89600582
This is the last time I post from my phone. Danm it.

Also, Bart Impuse costume is nothink line tbe Flash. If anything, it kind of has resemblance to the Kid Flash. But that's all.
>>
>>89600548
I'm just pointing out that it's not some horrible sacrilege for things not to be canon anymore. It happens all the time in comics. Fuck that's what the Speed Force IS.
>>
>>89600636
Kid Flash is very similar to The Flash costume. they're both full body, electric/lightning bolt themed costumes. They look like Flash costumes without being THE Flash costume.
>>
>>89600688
It is when it's completely unnecessary, destroys a decades long link to the past and a universe that was already infinite, and is not replaced with anything worthwhile.
>>
>>89600711
Not even the shoes of Impulse are the same. Nor the globes, nor the color scheme or the pattern in the costume. And the upper half, the head, has goggles that comic Kid Flash Wally didn't have. Head is the obly thing that resembles between those two, and they do have diferemces.

If you think that Impulse and Classic Flash costume ate the same thing, them you may find a lot of superheroic costumes similar as well.
>>
>>89600759
Decades of history to have to read and stay true to is incredibly restricting and prevents creativity. You create a more insular and insular product as time goes on. DC realized this in 1983 and again in 2010.

They often held off on it, too (Final Crisis supposedly being slated to be a reboot) because they were also attached to the history but, when it comes to storytelling, history can be more of a hindrance than a boon.

It's not like this rich, amazing history Wally had made ANY of his books good after 2005. Every Flash comic from 2005 until Rebirth was trash. Considering the topic du jour and how amazingly successful Barry's been it seems they made the right choice.
>>
>>89600852
Hypertime, alternate realities, and the multiverse were already staples of the DCU pre-Flashpoint. The key difference is that there was a sense of legacy and history, which made the universe vibrant and whole, and allowed authors and creators to inject fresh life into it while pushing it forward instead of having it stagnate. A story that progresses will always have more weight than one that stagnates as it reverses to the status quo. The limitless nature of comics was already well established before DC decided to impose limits on it in search of a quick buck. The threshold on the amount of history and continuity a reader can handle is not an arbitrary number like 27 years. There is no good reason that Wally West shouldn't still be the Flash.
>>
>>89601122
DC ditched hypertime like 5 months after Waid and Morrison pushed for it.

Alternate realities, sure. Elseworlds was a thing. But the Multiverse was out of DC for quite awhile. 20 years to be precise. Wasn't until Infinite Crisis that they brought it back.

The thing about Alternate Realities is it doesn't affect the main universe you're doing things on.

The good reason Wally can't be The Flash is he as a person has no reason to be The Flash. The reason he ever became The Flash never happened. Barry never died, he never took up the mantle. That part of his life was undone by time fuckery. His time as The Flash is the same as Barry's mom -- gone.
>>
>>89601210
Earth 2.
>>
>>89601266
Yes, I know there is a multiverse now. What's your point?
>>
>>89601310
Multiple universes have always been a thing in the DCU. Regardless of the editorial mandates you consistently spew. Enjoy your CW bullshit and garbage Flash comics.
>>
>>89597986
The Flash
>>
>>89601404
Earth 2 wasn't a thing post Crisis. They melded it into the main continuity to get New Earth or whatever.

It hasn't always been a thing. Heck, keeping on topic, the amazing Flash run everyone talks about and loves here, the Waid/Morrison/Johns Wally run? There was no multiverse for the ENTIRETY of that run. Just the one earth. The thing you think should be canon is a story that popped out of and thrived from a big universe reboot with no multiverse in sight.

Maybe there's a universe out there where Wally's still The Flash and all the memories New 52 Wally has are true. That's fine. That's not the point, though. Current Wally has delusions and knowledge of things that just never happened. History was changed and he shouldn't be beholden to things that don't exist and never existed.

Much in that sense, he has no reason to have ever become The Flash. Barry never died, he never had to carry on the legacy. This should be about what happens in a world where Barry's still The Flash and Wally grew up, because that's that world and story that's going on right now.
>>
>>89601516
Give in. People want him to be called Flash.
>>
>>89601979
I think it's the opposite. I imagine most Barry fans just aren't aware and they vastly outnumber Wally fans. If given the option of Wally being The Flash or something else, I'm sure they'd choose something else.

I admit most Wally fans want him to be The Flash. Most Wally fans also want Barry fucking dead, so they're not the most reasonable.
>>
That new costume sucks.
>>
>>89602178
I agree. I don't see why everyone's so happy about it. The open hair look doesn't work when it's practically the same color as the costume.
>>
>>89597986
Red Flash
The Flasher
Kid Flash Sr.
Jackie Chan
Wally Quick
>>
>>89599978
Make it Funky Flash Man and you've got a deal.
>>
>>89602326
>Wally Quick

Imagine Wally and Jesse getting married.

Poor Rick.
>>
>>89598417
We all know there's only one true Green Lantern.
_Alan Scott_
>>
>>89597986
The Flash.
>>
File: Nigrah Wally.jpg (125KB, 780x662px) Image search: [Google]
Nigrah Wally.jpg
125KB, 780x662px
What about Nigra Wally?

He's on the popular television show, that has to make him generally more important than boring ass red-haired legacy Wally.
>>
>>89602620
A great shit.
>>
>>89602620
I wonder how long it'll take them to make Iris black in the comics. She's black in the TV show AND movie. That's gotta be the death knell.
>>
>>89602818
He's a half-asian twink in the movie, and I thought he was briefly black in the comics til DC cowarded out?
>>
>>89602842
The colorist just really, really sucks and only has like 3 skin tones. People asked Venditti on twitter the day it came out and he was like "no she's white"
>>
>>89602178
>>89602265
Well, I like it, and it works nice when the one drawing it is not the one who designed it, funny enough.
>>
>>89602014
You're assuming too many things. I know this thread probably attracts more Wally fans than not, but just look at the replies, anon. Wally fans don't want to change the name, and I think that's a big point for not doing so.
>>
>>89603111
It's not like Wally fans would stop being fans if his name was Red Racer.
>>
>>89597986
Is titans good?
>>
>>89597986
2 Flash 2 Furious
>>
>>89605382
but he's da 3rd flash
>>
Just get rid of Barry.
>>
>>89605429
The Flash and the Furious: New York Drift
>>
>>89605441
Yes, get rid of the second most successful hero.

You people are stupid. Selling 70k at double shipping rates and you want to cancel him for someone who hasn't been able to sell a book since 2004.
>>
>>89597986
The Flash
>>
>>89605314
It's confy and fun. It's not like super exiting, and art has his issues. But I honestly like it a bit more than current Flash, which is not bad, either.
>>
>>89605314
It's alright. It tries its best to basically just copy Waid Flash.
>>
If all the Flashes have secret identities, does it matter if they have different superhero names? Like, as far as the public knows, it's just The Flash in different outfits, cause even he has laundry days.
>>
>>89605548
The television show really fuckin killed Wally. Made it so Barry is THE flash to all the normies. Wally never stood a chance
>>
>>89605737
Barry was already more popular than Wally off of the New 52, man. The show just made it so for normies who only knew "The Flash" rather than a name behind the mask.

YJ did it as well. People ONLY see Wally as Kid Flash. He'll be Kid Flash forever. You call Wally "The Flash" on anything but a comics forum and people will go "Wait Wally is Kid Flash, not Flash"
>>
>>89597986
The Streak
>>
>>89605737
>>89605828
>JLU never existed
>>
>>89605972
Most people who watched JLU barely remember him as Wally. He was just The Flash most of the time.

Dude had like one scene when they called him by name, and 3 or 4 where you even saw his head.
>>
>>89597986
The Flash. When Wally was Flash, there were as many as three flashes at once.
>>
>>89606092
John Fox doesn't really count. Jay Garrick's superhero name was Jay Garrick at that point.

It's not quite as simple when it's two guys with a secret identity. You get stupid shit like Flash #9 where the writer has to plainly admit it's stupidly confusing to have two guys with the same superhero name who interact frequently.
>>
>>89598280
The Whiz?
>>
>>89606136
Jesse, Jay, Wally in Terminal Velocity.

Barry, Jay Wally, in Return of Barry Allen

Barry, Jay, Wally, Walter in the Cobalt Blue.
>>
>>89606162
Walter wasn't around with Cobalt Blue, that was afterwards with Dark Flash. Jesse was The Flash for all of like one issue before she learned Wally was playing her. And they still just called her Jesse.

But yes, on a temporary basis there can be another Flash. But Jay doesn't even count! His superhero name was Jay Garrick.

And, AGAIN, so you can ignore the actual point another time, Wally and Jay had public identities. They called each other by their first names. It's not as big a deal.

When everyone's got secret identities calling everyone The Flash over and over is a mess. Could you imagine an entire Flash arc, several issues, of Barry and Wally calling each other "The Flash" and "Flash" and other people calling either of them The Flash? It'd be awful.
>>
>>89598974
You're a special kind of autistic aren't you?
>>
>>89606992
I suspect he's the same guy who from time to time opens a thread asking why some people like Wally over Barry and other simillar semi-hidden Barryfag threads.

I honestly don't have anything against people that like Barry, but it's kind of tiring to read each or his answers and replies, always bringing the words of other and even twisting them sometimes, to fit his point. And then he ignores aspects that he doesn't like of the opinions that he doesn't suppor, and ignores actual points that argue agains his point of view.

It's tiresome. I often stop posting after a few hours reading the same few arguments in his replies. I mean, I don't wish any bad to him, but he bores me.
>>
>>89607152

he wants an orderly universe and wallyfags are trying to hold onto the past which triggers his autism apparently.
>>
>>89598888
>You can write a character well and still not like them.

A skill I wish Marvel's writers had.
>>
>>89607152
Motherfucker this entire thread is filled with people straight up ignoring half of what I say to go "well but wally da best" or just straight up lying a lot.

Which is weird because yes, Wally is da best. I agree. Being the best doesn't mean he shouldn't get his own name. He's the only dude on his team without his own name.

If Barry fucking sacrificed himself to save the universe again next Wednesday I'd be all up for Wally being The Flash again. But them both being The Flash, calling each other The Flash, and interacting is gonna get real awkward real fast on top of it just not making sense for Wally.

"I need to be The Flash to carry on Barry's legacy. Even though he's right there, in Central City, being The Flash!"
>>
File: speed ficre.png (889KB, 588x601px) Image search: [Google]
speed ficre.png
889KB, 588x601px
>>89607980

>"I need to be The Flash to carry on Barry's legacy. Even though he's right there, in Central City, being The Flash!"

Wally isn't the Flash to carry on Barry's legacy, that stopped decades ago. He earned the name on his own merits. He's the Flash cause he's the Flash
>>
>>89607980
It was his motive then. It doesn't mean is his motiver now.

He can carry the name just because he admires Barry. He knows it's not unusual to have more than one Flash.
>>
>>89608028
Yeah, and the second Barry came back he was like "I'm the Nightwing to your Flash!"

It never stopped. I'm not saying he didn't earn the name, he more than lived up to the mantle. It's not really about who deserves to be The Flash more.

Wally was originally The Flash for Barry's sake. Now that he doesn't have to do that, imagine what Wally's character development would be in a universe where Barry never died.

He'd grow up, get his own name (obviously not going by Kid Flash anymore) and do shit with his grown up Titans friends (like have a bunch of orgies). That's the path he should be on right now.

We'd get the added benefit of Barry and Wally being able to address each other by their hero names when they inhabit the same comic (as well as others). Don't tell me you read Flash #9 and didn't see immediately how that'd get fucking tedious.
>>
>>89608122

>Yeah, and the second Barry came back he was like "I'm the Nightwing to your Flash!"

and Barry was like "stop being modest you're the Flash"

and then Wally saved his ass from Thawne
>>
>>89608048
It's not unusual to have more than one Flash when they can openly call each other by their real names. Jay and Wally didn't call each other Flash. They called each other Jay and Wally because they had public identities for the vast majority of Wally's run. It was like 15 issues where that wasn't the case (after Blitz and the followup amnesia arc).

And it's about more than that. It's also about Wally's character development. Accepting the new world and leaving behind the old. Part of that would be accepting that he's not The Flash anymore because Barry is. Doing what he would've done in a world where Barry never died.
>>
>>89608158
Well yeah Barry's nice. Of course he doesn't mind. We're talking about Wally though. Wally would be happy to get a new name if Barry even hinted at it.

It'd suit him to get a new name because the reason for him to ever be The Flash is gone. It would also make his life way easier. It's not like anyone would be confused by him not being The Flash anymore.
>>
>>89608158
I mean, Barry saved the day that comic with his Blue Lantern shit.
>>
>>89607152
There's a decent number of folks who want Wally to change his name. This thread's popped up multiple times since his return.

I imagine it'll only get worse the more the two interact. They've only had 1 comic together since all the Rebirth one shots (which is really fucking weird, when you think about it). The more you start getting two dudes calling each other The Flash in the same comic the bigger it'll grow.

Lots of folks just don't notice because Wally's more or less faded into the background of some c-list shit tier book that most people don't care about.
>>
The Flazz, sounds futuristic and has some sauzy snazz to it :)
>>
File: 59816_comics_flash_dc_comics.jpg (791KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
59816_comics_flash_dc_comics.jpg
791KB, 1920x1080px
What's wrong with Wally West: The Flash?

Works perfectly fine with Captain Hydra and Sam Capt.
>>
Who cares? In another 10 years none of this shit will have happened either.

Just read the fucking comics and relax.
>>
>>89608841
I mean, it's not The Flash, is it? It's a knockoff/derivative.

There's also like a dozen other good reasons for him to change his name. The only good reason for him not to is "But Wally's better." Which is a pretty good reason, I'll concede.
>>
>>89608841
Isn't that Bart?
>>
>>89608994
Seeing as Barry usually isn't around in the current Titans run or visa versa with current Barry Flash, just call them "Flash" in their respective titles... but for the sake of argument, call Wally the Scarlet Speedster.

It's pretty much a Flash nickname so go with that.
>>
File: Flash Rebirth.jpg (408KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
Flash Rebirth.jpg
408KB, 900x1350px
>>89609061
Possibly. I just grabbed the first Flash-esque picture I saw.
>>
>>89609066
They're obviously going to interact. They already did and it necessitated a character mocking the confusion that is having two guys calling themselves The Flash.

Unless you think Barry and Wally should just never interact so Wally can keep the name. Which sounds awful to me.

If you wanted to make Scarlet Speedster his official title and Barry sticks to The Flash (and has people stop calling him the Scarlet Speedster) that works for me, even if I'm partial to Red Racer.
>>
>>89609095
Fair enough.

Got me thinking, Barry, Wally, and Jay should all change their names so Bart can be The Flash. He totally earned it with his amazing run. Let the newest blood hold the mantle!
>>
>>89609233
I don't think Wally is going to hold his identity secret for long. I honestly think he will tell Iris and ChocoWally who he is (as in that he exist) shortly before the deal with the merging/fixing the time/universe is done. And after that, I see him revealing his identity for the sake of clearing Barry's.
>>
>>89609743
Things get really weird if he reveals himself to Iris. Then suddenly Iris might remember why she took Wally to meet Barry (they were dating and married before Wally ever grew up, which DOES NOT fit the timeline). There's a reason they're putting it off.
>>
>>89609814
It may not have happened like that in this timeline, anon.
>>
>>89597986
>If Barry were still dead I'd 100% think he should still be The Flash.
>>89597986
>obviously because the iconic Flash look belongs to Barry
>>89597986
>Barry's cemented as the iconic Flash
>>89597986
>since Final Crisis
>>89597986
>When people think "The Flash" they will always think Barry Allen
>>89597986
>they will always think Barry Allen
>>89597986
>always
>>89597986
>The Flash comic will always be about Barry because he is The Flash
>>89597986
>because he is The Flash
>>89597986
>be about Barry
>>89597986
>he is The Flash
>>89597986
>Barry
>>89597986
>is The Flash
>>89597986
>How can Wally honestly be The Flash if...he's not even relevant in The Flash?
>>89597986
>>89597986
>>89597986
>Wally
>>89597986
>Wally
>>89597986
>Wally honestly
>>89597986
>not even relevant in The Flash
>>89597986
>Wally
>>89597986
>he's not even relevant in The Flash?
>>89597986
>he's not
>>89597986
>The Flash
>>
>>89597986
It's pretty clear you really don't understand the DCU at this point.
>>
>>89609945
Then Wally's entire backstory gets REALLY weird if they weren't even dating.
>>
>>89610163
Yeah, I don't get the DCU. I should've just said Wally should be a black delinquent child. Those guys at DC really know what's best for the character.
>>
>>89610217
They can make it work. Anon, give them some credit.
>>
>>89610000
You okay Anon?
>>
>>89610217
Wally is already very aware that his past has been edited in a nonlinear fashion so that causes and effects no longer line up properly.
>>
>>89610433
>give them some credit

I mean it's not even working right now, desu. Wally West, pseudo major character in a third rate team book of no relevance. While Batman and, guess who, Barry Allen actually investigate the event stuff.

I sure can't wait for the Fearsome Five, what riveting return to form for Wally West.
>>
https://youtu.be/dgsf84heH4g

A
>>
>>89610601
Yeah I mean obviously Wally does not fit in a universe where he's like 23 and Barry's not even 30 yet.
>>
>>89597986
just call him A-Flash while Barry can be D-Flash
>>
>>89610648
> in a third rate team book of no relevance
Again, Titans may not be a best selling book, but come on, it's not a third rate one.

Of course, if you have two Flashes, you need to choose one for the JL, and, given than anyone apart from a few remember Wally, and that Barry is the one who came from the new 52 run, obviously they need to choose Barry for it.

Next thing you're going to say is that Dick is also a totally secondary character because he's in Titans.
>>
>>89610890
It is definitely third rate in DC's eyes. The book gets less advertising then Justice League, Teen Titans, JLA (Which hasn't even fucking come out yet) and Suicide Squad. By sales it's behind Suicide Squad and JL, so even by its best metric it's third rate.

The fifth most promoted team book. That's pretty low down the totem pole, even if it's outselling Teen Damian's Sidekick adventures.

This is one of those bits you only learn from buying comics like a chump instead of just reading storytimes on /co/. It's very obvious which books DC wants to succeed.

When the Titans headline an event I'll believe they're anything but the least relevant DC team book this side of The Outsiders (which doesn't even exist anymore).
>>
>>89610890
Dick has his own book and shows up in Batman and all the periphery Bat titles all the time.

Wally has shown up in one non-Titans book twice, Flash Rebirth #1 and Flash #9. Wally's not even close to Nightwing.
>>
>>89610890
Yes, that's a lot of good reasons for why Barry is more important. He's part of the big team book that always sells. Just like he has the big solo book that always sells.

Barry's The Flash. Wally's A Flash. I'd rather him be something else than clearly the fucking discount version of Barry Allen. It's delusional to think he's The Flash when The Flash comic isn't about him.
>>
Whatever, you're entitled to your opinions.

Honestly, I'm tired to dead.
>>
File: allflash_02.jpg (176KB, 600x408px) Image search: [Google]
allflash_02.jpg
176KB, 600x408px
>>89609289
I can't wait for that! I bet it'll be fucking great--oh...

Oh...
>>
>>89610592
Zoom's having another mental breakdown.
>>
>>89611405
You know, that was pretty fucked up of Wally.

Like, literally worse than just killing him.
>>
>>89611498
Probably just some quads getting bot doing some weird shit.
>>
>>89597986
Quicksilver
OH, WAIT!
>>
>>89597986
Wally is as fast as any rocket. Why not just call him Red Rocket?
>>
>>89611552
"Very taken"

>>89611590
I think you're on to something.
>>
>>89598341
Not every Green Lantern has a comic title but they're all still Green Lanterns
Stop being retarded, Wally is the Flash, deal with it Barryfag
>>
>>89612636
GLs are different, gone over it elsewhere. There's not a fuckin Flash corps or a legion of Flashes.

The Flash is a singular title. THE Flash. There's no The Green Lantern. He's The Fastest Man Alive, not A Fast Man Alive.
>>
>>89597986
Combine any two of or pick one of:
Red
Redline
Maser
Crimson
Speed
Snap
Fast
Pace
Rush
Runner
Tearaway
Blaze
Zoom
Burst
Rocket
Freak
Mercurian
Impulse
Vector
Thrust
Whiz
Zoom
Quick
Momentum
Rider
Glint

I quite like "Redline" and "Mercurian".
>>
>>89612636
GLs work a lot better as a team than The Flash. Their powers are a little more easy to distinguish and flavor.

Every Flash is basically the same. I guess Wally's got more tricks but it's still just speed shit and lightning.
>>
>>89612842
>Zoom
Oh gosh anon no, that's not gonna be good
>>
>>89597986
Every time you start one of these threads, you just further cement how bad an idea it was to bring Barry Allen back to life.

Wally West is The Flash. End of story.
>>
File: Hello Barry.jpg (123KB, 601x450px) Image search: [Google]
Hello Barry.jpg
123KB, 601x450px
>>89612876
You rang?
>>
>>89612842
Pretty sure "Red Whiz" is a sign you should go to the doctor.
>>
>>89611501
Wally's got some issue there with tossing people into stasis. First Hunter, then Inertia.
>>
>>89597986

Don't worry, dumb dumb, it will all be cool once they announce a book starring both Wallys as a team
>>
>>89613692
>Every time you start one of these threads, you just further cement how bad an idea it was to bring Barry Allen back to life.

If by bad you mean wildly successful.

And I know, Wally had the best stories. But not for like 5 years when they brought Barry back. It's not like they interrupted a great Wally story to bring Barry back.
>>
>>89613855
Hunter was an accident out of necessity. He couldn't stop Hunter. Dude was unbeatable otherwise.

Inertia was just his own evil, sadistic spite.
>>
>>89597986
bringing back barry was such a fucking mistake
>>
>>89597986
the flash
>>
>>89614236
see
>>89614107
>>
File: George-Costanza-OCBD1.jpg (3KB, 79x83px) Image search: [Google]
George-Costanza-OCBD1.jpg
3KB, 79x83px
>>89614107
>wildly successful
>>
>>89598075

How could one person be so wrong? Wally, if anything, is the one person who has truly lived up to the Flash mantle and is the most deserving of the title.

Barry may have been THE Flash, but Wally has earned his place and that will never change.
>>
>>89614417
Second only to Batman in solo sales. Has a super popular TV show (of dubious CW quality but still). More successful right now than Wally has ever been.

So yes, wildly successful by Flash standards. The only time Flash has been more popular was when Barry debuted and ushered in the Silver Age.

>>89614441
Wally's the one who called himself A Flash. I didn't make it up. He's always seen himself as second to Barry. It's just the way of things.

It's just part of Wally's character. Dude has a serious hero worship thing. It's one of the many character flaws that makes him so endearing and a better character.

It just doesn't suit having two Flashes around.
>>
>>8961454Wally West was in the best super hero show ever made, JLU, and this was during an era where super hero shows were not nearly as ubiquitous and "in". giving barry the credit for being in a hit tv show is kind of stupid. but if you want to consider that an arguement, wally STILL wins because of JLU.
>>
>>89614750
JLU was mostly about Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.

Heck, Hawkwoman and GL's lovelife was more relevant than Wally.

Wally was a fun supporting character but it's not like he carried the show. The show wasn't Wally West: Featuring The Justice League! Like The Flash is with Barry.

Barry was in Superfriends -- silly in retrospect, but way more influential than even JLU.
>>
>>89614946
holy shit, you are so stubborn.
>>
>>89615131
Man if you think Wally's more successful because he was in JLU then you're an idiot. No way around it.
>>
The Blur
>>
>>89615169
I fucking don't, I was equating your stupid argument
>>
His name is The Flash. You don't lose it.
>>
>>89599287
That's not how it works. They did happen just not in the personal histories of the characters. The records are still kept in comics on Earth-33 though.
>>
>>89615458
Yeah and if you can't tell how that's serious apples to oranges then you're an idiot.
>>
>>89615616
So Wally just needs to go to Earth 33 and show everyone the Pre-Flashpoint comics?

Earth 33 kind of lost it's overarching weird meta status with Multiversity, to be fair. It's just another part of the universe. Not like Red Racer would've been able to blow the lid off of Manhattan's shit because he read DC Comics, you know?
>>
>>89615668
Well showing them the comics wouldn't insert anything to their personal histories but also Earth-33 has a membrane around it so he couldn't get here.

The way the DCU works is that these changes with COIE and Flashpoint are still canon to the current stories. There has never actually been a universal reboot. Everything led from one thing to the next. Just because they can't remember it and it didn't happen in their current realities doesn't mean it didn't happen from a higher, multiversal perspective.
>>
File: Zoom_0010.jpg (235KB, 669x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Zoom_0010.jpg
235KB, 669x1024px
>>89611498
Actually now that Wally is back i wonder if Zolomon isn't far behind
>>
>>89615822
Tbqh I don't really want him back that badly. He was cool but a fairly small sliver of Wally's run. I don't find him super significant especially since Wally doesn't seem to remember his kids anyway unless I missed a recent reference.
>>
>>89615624
oh my god, you were the one saying a hit show somehow supports your argument that barry is "successful", you can't even follow your own thread
>>
>>89616044
No you dense fuck. A hit show ABOUT Barry matters. A hit show where Wally is like the sixth most important character, IF that, is a stupid comparison.

You know who else was in JLU? John Stewart. Green Arrow. Black Canary. Fucking Shining Knight.

I'm not saying, I don't know, Cisco is more successful than Wally because of the show. That's the level of comparison you're making. The show might as well be called Barry Allen, Wally has nothing nearly as significant or impactful.

You have such shitty comprehension that you interpret it as other people having bad comprehension.
>>
>>89615822
Talk about a character who really doesn't work in a world where Wally and Linda aren't together and they don't have kids.

Remember shit like this just shows you how fucked up Wally's situation is.
>>
File: LOSS.jpg (176KB, 489x487px) Image search: [Google]
LOSS.jpg
176KB, 489x487px
>>89614171
Yeah, agreed. Just interesting that it happened to both of them, being evil speedsters and all.

>>89614549
Wally may not see himself as worthy of being the Flash but I'm sure plenty of others do. Hero-worship and all that.

>>89615822
I love Hunter but I don't think he'd fit at the moment. Wally doesn't exactly have much to lose atm to be a better hero... unless Wally goes insane and pulls a Parallax Hal to fix things as he remembered them.
That'd be an interesting twist.
>>
Wally is Flash, Barry is Flash, Jay is Flash. Each one is A Flash in their own right.

Barry earned the right to call himself Flash. Wally earned it as well. Once something is earned it cannot be unearned.

Jay is happy with multiple Flashes, Barry is happy with multiple Flashes. Wally happily calls himself Flash. The Titans and the League have no issue with them.

Wally knows that his life has been erased but he still remembers what he has accomplished. He has retained all of the skills that he worked so hard to learn. He has shown no desire to change his name. From an "within the story" perspective there is no reason to change the name.

Now let's consider the situation from the perspective of the fans.

The casual fans either: 1) not aware that there are multiple Flashes or 2) aware but don't care. Casuals aren't invested enough in Barry (or continuity in general) to passionately argue about something as petty as a name. There is only 1 comic called Flash, hard for them to get confused and buy Titans isn't it? TV fan walks into a comic shop and asks for The Flash comic...they get it.

Wally fans recognize and appreciate the stories over the years and like Wally as Flash. They are (for the most part) happy to have Barry and Jay around. Vast majority accept multiple Flashes because...there has been multiple Flashes for 3 decades.

MOST Barry fans are happy to have multiple Flashes. Barry was not the first and he is not the last Flash. It would be hypocritical for them to demand Wally (a character that carried and honored Barry's legacy for decades) relinquish the name.

So...who the fuck are you? You call yourself a Wally fan but you vigorously argue against him keeping a name that he has not only earned but built upon. You deride other fans wishes, including the vast majority of Barry fans that are fine with It. You want it because YOU want it, you don't speak for anyone else and we don't care! You are a minority opinion, so shut the fuck up and deal with it.
>>
>>89617169
Someone who read Flash #9 and realized how shitty the situation is.

You dudes keep repeating "BUT HE EARNED THE NAME" really weirdly. I don't get it. I've agreed with it a half dozen times and it was never the reason I said he should change his name.
>>
>>89617464
There's no reason to change it besides some autism you seem to have about more than one character sharing a name even though it's the norm for Flashes. That's the problem here. You simply aren't making sense.
>>
>>89617464
You are obsessing over a complete non-issue.

The vast majority of fans and, it appears, DC do not care. Wally sharing a name does not damage the TV show, it does not confuse anyone (except you?), it does not divide the fanbase.

Everyone is fine with it, you are the odd ball. We have no obligation to placate your spastic desires. Some wise men once said "you can't always get what you want."

You asked a question: "what should his name be?" It was met with a resounding: "Flash."

Sorry this didn't go the way you were hoping, life's tough buddy.
>>
>>89597986
Jay: Old Flash
Barry: The Flash
Wally: Young Flash
Black Wally: Kid Flash
>>
>>89597986
Lad Flash
>>
>>89617901
There's a good number of people here on board with the name change. They're just suggesting names instead of arguing whether it's a good idea or not.

I still don't see why it's so important that he is called The Flash. He doesn't suddenly stop being Wally West with a new name and there's a lot of obvious benefits.
>>
>>89623519
I don't think I've seen anyone get so thoroughly and repeatedly beat the fuck out. If your goal was to annoy people great job, repeating the same stuff over and over again in an insincere manner is a excellent use of your time.
>>
File: 61179328.jpg (91KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
61179328.jpg
91KB, 400x400px
>>89623519
>>
He is The Flash.
He should stay that way. Barry might have came back but Wally is still the fastest and most powerful speedster.
>>
>>89598488
A lot considering Titans is selling far better than it ought to.
>>
>>89624247
That book is pretty mediocre by Rebirth numbers.

Admittedly it's got a mediocre writer and a bad artist so that should be where it's at.
>>
>>89623589
Hey great way to completely ignore all the points and just go "lul you're stupid/autistic/trolling." Aren't you clever as fuck?
>>
>>89616673
>Wally may not see himself as worthy of being the Flash but I'm sure plenty of others do. Hero-worship and all that.

Only like 6 people even know who he is, and even those people don't remember him being The Flash. That shit's long gone.
Thread posts: 303
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.