[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I give it a shot?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: voltron-header-1.jpg (132KB, 640x313px) Image search: [Google]
voltron-header-1.jpg
132KB, 640x313px
Should I give it a shot?
>>
Depends

Are you a fag?
>>
File: IMG_1747.png (333KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1747.png
333KB, 1280x720px
>>89590110
Someone who just watched episode 1 last night and finished marathoning the entire rest of season 1 tonight less than an hour ago here.

Yes.
>>
Do you want Gundam? No.
Do you want Macross? No.
Do you want space Korra? Yeah
Do you want fujobait? YES.
>>
It doesn't capture the feeling of the original series whatsoever. They have attempted, as many have recently, to "anime-ify" a western project, and many predictable tropes and cliches are present. It's not bad, but it's not good either.
>>
>>89590110
It's lackluster, but not the worst thing I've seen. It has potential and I really would love for them to showcase more stuff like the mall and how much the galaxy has changed since brown waifu's time.
>>
Don't expect anything bad but don't expect anything Fantastic
>>
>>89590215
>"anime-ify" a western project,
Unlike how they westernized an anime project for the first series right?
>>
>>89590110
if you like sentai shit, yes, if not, no
>>
>>89590110
No it's awful. I watched all the episodes of season 1 and 2 and were utterly disappointed with it. I'll update my opinion on how awful it is after watching season 3.
>>
>>89590110
It's pretty good and it has a lot of mecha anime callbacks, suffers from poor storytelling though

Alien designs are great though
>>
It doesn't take itself too seriosuly, except when it does... eh, its ok some times it can be a bit annoying and cringey but its good, it has potential so lets hope they exploit it in third season.
Its a more action oriented, anime-fied Wander Over Yonder.
>>
>>89590181
>Do you want space Korra? Yeah

But it's not bogged down by pretentious politics, forced romance, and unlikable characters.
>>
>>89590110
It's good if you ignore Lance, Coran, and... did I mention Lance and Coran?
>>
>>89590110
It's ok, but just stay far, far away from the fujoshit fandom. They somehow managed to grow into an autism weapon to surpass avatards.
>>
>>89594055
Nah, Coran is more than fine, he's the only comic relief that's actually sometimes funny. Lance is basically a non-entity, he practically doesn't exist to the point where they had to have an entire episode dedicated to him finding his role on the team, and that resulted into him getting a role he never once fulfilled prior to the episode and even worse not once since the episode either.

Now Hunk, that's the real shitstain on the show. The absolute worse running gags (literal toilet humor), shittiest powers, despicable attitude of all the scaredycattiness of shaggy with none of the humor.
>>
>>89590110
For added fun I own a Gear VR headset and I watch the seasons on the Netflix Gear VR app.

Shit be trippy, yo.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.