[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we stop US animation to be so fucking CalArts-centric?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

How do we stop US animation to be so fucking CalArts-centric?

The best content creator alive right now could be right under our noses and we'd never know because he lives in fucking Delaware or some shit like that.
>>
>>89583494
>The best content creator alive right now could be right under our noses and we'd never know because he lives in fucking Delaware or some shit like that.
Well actually I'm in Louisiana but I appreciate the sentiment.
>>
>>89583494
Animated films biggest problem is CGI, Calarts is more of a pox on animated tv shows.
>>
>>89584139
You don't understand. Aspiring animators don't get shunned because they don't know how to make CGI, they get shunned because they didn't study at CalArts.

It's all about the connections, and it has reached a point where only one school truly matters, even though it's not necessarily the best one to attend to.
>>
>>89583494
I'm not sure.
I mean, we have the internet now, so there's no reason it should matter where anyone lives, they can just email in their storyboards, keyframes, etc.
I guess the issue is security? Like they don't want anyone to just be able to leak all the info to other studios.. but everything leaks now anyway, and it's not like you can really watch what everyone in the studio does, let alone the animation-farm
I should be able to do all the character designing I want at my house, skype in discussions of plots and shit, and be a LOT more productive, while not having to live in fuckass california
>>
>>89584558
But the industry won't let you and that's the problem
>>
>>89586920
I'm hoping that my being a festival-producing filmmaker/animator at a highly ranked general university will be enough to give me a shot at interning at Nick's animation studio in 2018. We'll see.
>>
>>89583494
You can't get an industry job unless you either go to Calarts or you exploit Jewish nepotism. We just need some Jewish artists to break the Calarts stranglehold on the industry.
>>
Bump because I was going to make a thread with the exact same topic.
>>
>Lives in Peru
>Has an idea
>Plans to learn animation
>Shitty payment for someone studying arts and design
>Gets help to inmigrate to USA legally
>Plans to suck Lord Trump's dick to get celan papers
>One year in CalArts costs about 50,000
>Only way to pitch the idea faster
I'll never achieve my dreams
>>
>>89588882
>Lives in Peru

I'm so sorry
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.