[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emoji Movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (40KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
40KB, 1280x720px
Why is everyone hating on this if its not realeased yet?

I'm quite curious about it, more like how the movie develops within the world of phone emojis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcP_3g0EqE8
>>
Because the trailer's done nothing to allay fears that the film will be scraping the absolute bottom of the barrel, and if anything reinforces it.
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (44KB, 275x224px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
44KB, 275x224px
>>89581265
>>Why is everyone hating on this if its not released yet?

Because it's clearly trying to make money of what they think kids like today. It has "out-of-touch-CEO's" finger prints all over it
It's super safe and inoffensive and we could have gotten the Popeye movie instead
>>
>>89581265
Idiots. Meh doesn't mean bored, it means indifferent. His face should be totally neutral.
>>
>>89581265
I thought there was a new trailer that was supposed to come out. Did I miss it?
>>
OP here, did Sony cancelled the popeye movie for this specifically? Also, I saw Poleye's trailer, and I see it had some potential.
>I'm quite outdated
>>
>>89581357
Kids do like emoji's though. I've seen them get hyped up over shit like emoji backpacks. People just need to calm their asses down about kids movie that gonna be forgotten about relatively quickly anyway
>>
File: 1313613920045.png (8KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1313613920045.png
8KB, 400x400px
>>89581265
Because it looks like shit, and Sony hasn't made a good movie.
>>
File: 1476976022875.png (107KB, 221x286px) Image search: [Google]
1476976022875.png
107KB, 221x286px
>>89581955
Yes, after blunder after blunder (A failed Spider-Man re-boot, a failed Ghostbusters re-boot). Sony desperately needs the cash, so a movie that panders to the lowest common denominator was made their priority number one.

Unfortunately, that meant gutting Tartakovsky's Popeye movie to get it done.
>>
So, what the fuck is the movie going to be about, anyways? I saw one source say it's about the main character trying to be normal, but I saw another source say that, along with that, is about the emojis trying to hook up a dude with his crush.
>>
>>89581965
This is Sony we're talking about, anon. They managed to lose $400 million on a fucking Angry Birds movie.

>People just need to calm their asses down about kids movie that gonna be forgotten about relatively quickly anyway

Not at all.

It being a kids movie doesn't excuse it from being a stupid idea.
>>
>>89581265
because we were all sick of "(noun) Movie" before it even became a thing
remember that simpsons episode that parodied it with CARDS
that isnt remotely unrealistic at this point.
>>
>>89584591
wow, a movie with a subplot. how are they gonna pull off something like that?
>>
>>89581357
>we could have gotten the Popeye movie instead
Drives me up the fucking wall. The trailer looked good, too.
>>
>>89583798

Why don't they get the Playstation division to foot the bill?
>>
>>89587175
proof that they ain't doing the popeye movie?
>>
>>89588496
Because The Division flopped
>>
>>89584678
I thought angry birds turned a profit though
>>
>>89584875
Given that it's Sony, I wonder.
>>
>>89583798
>mfw popeye wouldve gotten them much more in profit than this
>mf i have no face
>>
>>89590270
That's Ubisoft, dumbfuck.
>>
Wasn't it canceled or something?
>>
>our FIRST movies

They're trying to make franchise out of THAT. What a time to be alive.
>>
>>89581265
People are riding the hate. Believe me I don't like it, but people are working themselves up too hard. Simply don't see it. ignore it's existence. Works all the time.
>>
>>89581265
Honestly,same but i wouldnt spend a dime on it ,i'll wiat for camrips or torrents
>>
>>89582848
>what is Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
>>
Its 100% retarded
>>
File: 1460848537562.jpg (78KB, 802x437px) Image search: [Google]
1460848537562.jpg
78KB, 802x437px
>>89581265
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp7h9OX1V4Q
>>
>>89581265
>>89596200
Why would you ever give a shit about the world of Phone Emojis? They're just random image files that only serve the purpose of being a cypher for the user replacing text emoticons and have no context surrounding them otherwise.

Lego Movie and Wreck It Ralph worked because Legos and vidya are all about characters and worlds and are things people have an actual emotional investment and interaction with.
>>
>>89590678
It would have, but Amy Pascal felt the need to spend $400 million to "help" market the movie

Had she not done that, it would have turned a profit.

Always remember, there's more to a movie's performance than
>Box Office minus Budget

There is such a thing as hollywood accounting. Numerous movies that seemed to be successful on paper actually lost money. Speaking of Sony, look at the GB reboot. On paper, it looks like it was a success...until you realize that they needed to make $500 million and didn't get close to that.
>>
>>89597811
Just for curiosity on how they'll write such a world.Again i wont pay for it and it's just a movie
>>
>>89597798
So ,wait was he skullfucking him,or gutfucking him?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.