[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was season 3 so terrible?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: bojack in a nutshell.png (157KB, 296x300px) Image search: [Google]
bojack in a nutshell.png
157KB, 296x300px
Why was season 3 so terrible?
>>
>>89581200
Oh come on, that episode was funny as hell.
>>
>>89581228
I was referring to the overall quality of the season. Though that episode proved that asian daria was a shit character and person
>>
>>89581228
For an episode so intensely involved with a main character it's disappointing that all Diane gets out of it is realizing she isn't young anymore.
>>
>>89581200
because that
>>89581228
true, but it was also trying to preach a message, something this show should never do.
>>89581284
like, i'd be with you, but the creators said we're supposed to agree with her that time? so that's when I quit watching it.
>>
It wasn't
You suck
>>
it got too political.
>>
>>89581200
Because hardly anything happens. Season 1 had Bojack finally being unable to escape that he is a bad person. Season 2 had Bojack trying and failing to improve, running away into a fantasy and also ruining that, and also Diane realizing that she's full of shit.

Season 3 has Bojack drink and fuck for the whole season until he finally hurts someone irrevocably. Diane messes around. Too many hints for season 4 are dropped instead of actually doing anything with its own time.

>>89582214
>that's when I quit watching it.
Envy. Shit was weak.
>>
I thought season 3 was great. The abortion episode sucked though.

When it comes to feminism, the show is as subtle as a train wreck. The abortion episode was really obvious about this, because a lot of it was them saying "okay here's what we're disagreeing with, and here's the joke." They felt the need to explain everything and ruin any sort of joke just to make sure their political views got across.

Sextina Aquafina and her song were amazing though. Easily the best thing about the episode.
>>
>>89582828
>They felt the need to explain everything and ruin any sort of joke just to make sure their political views got across.
Welcome to the failed humor of the pompous. The whole show is going down that toilet hole since whining about Trump is going to be more important to them than anything else.
>>
File: 1483039953845.jpg (111KB, 760x570px) Image search: [Google]
1483039953845.jpg
111KB, 760x570px
>>89583019
Shit. Fucking shit. God damn it, you're right. Like I'm glad people can freely express their views with their own work, but holy shit I'm just so tired.
>>
>>89583019
>The inevitable "Mr Peanutbutter tries to Make Hollywoo Great Again" episode
>>
>>89581200
Because /co/ loves lore and it was less about that and more about jokes
>>
>>89583019
>Trump
But which animal, if any, will he be?
>>
>>89583635
Elephant, most likely.

>Donald Trunk

Or a duck.
>>
>>89581200
I liked season 3 far more than season 2.
>>
Season 2 > Season 1 > Season 3
>>
>spend three seasons depicting the media as shallow and dishonest pawns of the powerful
>suddenly start depicting them as heroic warriors about the evil Nazi Donald Trump
intothetrashitgoes.webm
>>
>>89582731
Season 3 feels less self-contained than the other two. The audience is left on more of a cliffhanger as well.

One of the things that some people noticed is that there wasn't any continuation of the whole "Gotta keep running" or Bojack improving himself thing. Although, to be fair, they did do this in the first episode of S2. It wasn't genuine though, so I thought we'd get a glimpse of some genuine improvement in S3.
>>
>>89583958
Season 3 just felt like a step back if anything to me. Almost like they had discarded ideas from season 2 that they still wanted to work with. Ultimately the whole thing with the Oscars fell flat.
>>
I'm a little surprised that a lot of people liked season 2 more than 3. Apart from Mr. Peanut Butter's character development, Bojack's dynamic with Kelsey, and the time spent in New Mexico, I thought the humor and emotional stuff could be pretty hit-and-miss.
>>
>>89583635
>>89583693
He'll be an irishman
>Donald Drunk
>>
>>89583080
>>89583019
It really is frustrating
we were THIS CLOSE to everyone in the world being sick of talking about this shit, and no longer giving certain people infinite rights to act oppressed, but... fuckin snapped right back
>>
>>89584794
Well to be fair, shit would've just been worse with Hillary. SJWs would've found a way to simultaneously act smug and superior while also acting like oppressed underdogs. Trump is a boot in the ass for everyone, and really what liberals have been craving for a while.
>>
File: oh god.png (1MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
oh god.png
1MB, 5000x5000px
>You slept with Emily?!?!
>Bojack trying to save himself
>Todd's entire speech

>mfw
>>
File: bojack in real irl.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bojack in real irl.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
>>89583019
I really hope they never bring it up. I don't want this show to turn into neo-South Park , 2.0.

The show is best when it's taking the piss out of Bojack's character and false glory of hollywood, not when it's talking about current politics.
>>
>>89586475
Whatshisname said he doesn't feel like making fun of Cali libs now that "real problems" exist or something like that.

He is going to kill his own show.
>>
>>89583958
I think Bojack thought he was doing the right thing, he took the advice and considered his possibility of winning an Oscar as part of his "running", but it was all a lie he was telling to himself. That's why in the final scene where he looks at those horses, he sees that he was indeed running, however he realizes that he was just on the wrong path.
>>
Season 4 when?
>>
>>89581200
Honestly the good episodes of the show could be cut down into one, maybe one and a half seasons.

Most of the episodes in season 3 are essentially filler, as the characters are becoming parodies of themselves.

A decent concept that goes on too long tends to turn to shit.
>>
>>89589250
To be fair that would be oddly fitting for a show like Bojack.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.