[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Damian Wayne is a Mary Sue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: Damian-wayne.jpg (42KB, 378x615px) Image search: [Google]
Damian-wayne.jpg
42KB, 378x615px
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CommonMarySueTraits

>Turns out to be the offspring of a canon character. Made worse if that character would have been too young to have the Mary Sue, is gay/asexual, or perhaps is just physically incapable of it. For added Wangst, it's the villain.
Child of Batman and Talia al Ghul

>Mary Sue is always on the Spotlight-Stealing Squad. Without her, there would not be a story.
4 movies, a game, and multiple comics center on him

>Perform a Heroic Sacrifice as a way to prove that she's Too Good for This Sinful Earth. Bonus points if the story goes out of the way to ensure she doesn't leave an ugly corpse (whether it be by a method that doesn't involve external physical damage or by her body not being recovered). More bonus points if it turns out to be a Disney Death.

"Damian was killed battling a brutal enemy, the Heretic (an adult Damian clone) in issue number 8 of the second volume of the Batman, Inc. comic book, which went on sale February 27, 2013. According to the story's writer, Grant Morrison: "He saves the world. He does his job as Robin. He dies an absolute hero.""

"In 2014's Batman and Robin vol. 2, #37, Batman resurrects Damian Wayne"

>She will often have a tragic family life. Coming from an abusive background is quite common. Her mother is often either dead or a Wicked Stepmother. In the latter case, she will most likely be in Cinderella Circumstances. Her father is frequently an Overprotective Dad (or in some cases, a Wicked Stepfather). Orphans are also very common, as is Parental Abandonment.

Was ruthlessly trained by Talia and disowned by her to be left with Batman.
>>
>>89577874
>Occasionally a complete asshole, especially when she's supposed to be all of the above. Nobody will call her out on her abrasive, casually abusive behavior. Strong badass characters who would normally rip someone's spleen out for squeezing the toothpaste from the wrong end, are instantly cowed and become meek, spineless Wangst factories as soon as she "puts them in their place."
>Full-on Jerk Sues will routinely be flippant, snide, and rude, yet will be treated as a charmingly sarcastic character. They will flout authority as a matter of course and never suffer the consequences. Even if said authority figure is known for a tough stance on disrespect, they will either gamely ignore the Sue's challenge to their authority, or—worse still—praise her for her "cheekiness" or "boldness."

"Precocious, spoiled, and violent, Damian battles Tim Drake, whom he wants to replace as Robin, and sucker punches Drake off the stuffed Tyrannosaurus in the Batcave when Tim stops fighting to help him. Damian then escapes, dons a variant Robin costume made of Jason Todd's old tunic and mask and assorted League of Assassin gear, and gets into a fight with and decapitates the villainous Spook."

>Regardless of what skill level the canon characters have established, she might just simply be better than them, often in ways that do not make sense. Not to mention that if she isn't already skilled at something, she'll pick it up in a fraction of the time required - if she even needs to learn them at all. She/he may have powers similar to what the other characters have, only with all of the downsides and limitations removed.

Known for defeating full-grown adults with his ninja powers
>>
>>89577874
Damian is an archetype, an heir to the world. He is Alexander.

Is that simple, stop being butthurt, we should be mad about the nig or how bad DC handles Drake
>>
wtf i hate damon wayans now
>>
>>89578013
I actually started to like Duke more than Tim.
>>
>>89577874
You're retarded.

>Child of Batman and Talia al Ghul
Batman is attracted to women and Talia was on the prowl for some god-tier genetics.

>4 movies, a game, and multiple comics center on him

The 4 movies were because he was the current Robin when those stories took place, the game is Injustice where Batman hates him and he is in multiple comics because he is a popular character that bounces well off others.

>"Damian was killed battling a brutal enemy, the Heretic (an adult Damian clone) in issue number 8 of the second volume of the Batman, Inc. comic book, which went on sale February 27, 2013. According to the story's writer, Grant Morrison: "He saves the world. He does his job as Robin. He dies an absolute hero.""

>"In 2014's Batman and Robin vol. 2, #37, Batman resurrects Damian Wayne

This is comics. They all die and come back.

>Was ruthlessly trained by Talia and disowned by her to be left with Batman

Talia did love him and Batman is hardly overprotective. Your argument also notes that orphans are also a common trait but that means that basically every Bat-character is a Mary Sue.

>Precocious, spoiled, and violent, Damian battles Tim Drake, whom he wants to replace as Robin, and sucker punches Drake off the stuffed Tyrannosaurus in the Batcave when Tim stops fighting to help him. Damian then escapes, dons a variant Robin costume made of Jason Todd's old tunic and mask and assorted League of Assassin gear, and gets into a fight with and decapitates the villainous Spook."

You've never really read Damian. He is a jerk as a defence mechanism. Characters also do dislike him.

>Known for defeating full-grown adults with his ninja powers

Yes, he was trained by the League from birth.
>>
>>89577874
>TVTropes
you have to go back
>>
I used to dislike Damian until this issue.

There's just something about Jason that makes every character he interact with fun. He even made me like freaking Kyle in Countdown.
>>
>>89577874
>>89578001
But hardly anyone in universe likes him,
>>
>>89578013
the problem is that hes not portrayed with any potential that he has to harness to get stronger
>>
>>89578963
>he is a popular character that bounces well off others.
over exposed doesnt equal popular
>>
>>89579296
>in one book at a time since his inception with minor appearances in a few others
>overexposed
>>
>People still trying to hate on Damian in the Year of our Lord Two Thousand and Seventeen
>>
>>89578963
Damian isn't popular at all. I've never met anyone who doesn't hate his fucking guts.
>>
>>89579725

Is it 2006 again? People only hated Damian in his first appearance. Everyone fuckin loved the Dick & Damian stuff and its widly regarded as one of the best Batman runs.
>>
>>89578963
Those 4 movies revolve entirely around him and he's the star of the new Arkham game.
>>
>>89577874
>a game

what
>>
>>89579795
>Everyone
I didn't.

Damian isn't as hated as he was back then, but I wouldn't say that he's "popularity" is the reason why DC keeps pushing him.
>>
>>89579795
>muh Batman & Robin

Literally the only book he was ever tolerable in, and the only one retards are ever able to use to justify Damian. That book ended in 2011, and he's consistently ruined everything he's been in before and after that.
>>
>>89579841
The new Arkham game is Batman Beyond except with Damian replacing Terry
>>
No, he is my sonsbando
>>
>>89580060
It's not Batman Beyond then, it's Batman #666

Dumbass
>>
>>89580060

how is the word Arkham even still part of the title at this point?
>>
Damian is the bets character and you can suck dick.
>>
>>89580156
Branding.
>>
>>89580156
Branding
>>
File: strengthtraining.png (144KB, 1238x2342px) Image search: [Google]
strengthtraining.png
144KB, 1238x2342px
>>89578963
>Batman is attracted to women and Talia was on the prowl for some god-tier genetics.
So why not use Superman's, Jonzz's, Diana's genes then?

>Yes, he was trained by the League from birth.
Yet Karate Kid, Ryu, and Iron Fist shit all over the little nigga. Show me a in cannon scene of him smashing a glacier with his fist?
>>
>>89579725
Now you do: Damian is my abosolutely favourite and the reason I started to read comics.
>>
>>89579861
Why are they made him the co-lead of Supersons and a memeber of teen titans then?

And if he wasn't worth it, why on earth the PTB ever came up with Jon Kent, Damian's equivalent for Superman mythos.

I think you are just projecting. Browse Reddit for example, there is plenty of love for Damian.
>>
>>89581253
Is English your first language?
>>
>>89580378
>>89580379

Batman doesn't carry enough branding power on its own?
>>
>>89581253
Because he's the current Robin and they wants him to be the face of the new generation and take off like Dick and Tim did before him? It doesn't need a genius to realize that.
>>
>>89581330
Based on the leaks posted in the other thread, it looks to be a continuation of the Arkham universe so it still being in the name makes sense.

>>89575016
>If you are looking for the first Batman game without The Joker... you will have to wait a bit longer. The Joker is in the game, but not in the way that you think. It's a sequel to the most recent title "Arkham Knight", so The Joker is definitely dead. If you have ever seen the film "Batman Beyond: Return of The Joker", you may have an idea of where they are going with this.
>>
>>89581168
My condolences.
>>
Damien has the traits of a Mary Sue but he really isn't one.

Most of the time he is wrong(the narrative bends over to make the Mary Sue justified)and most of the other characters dislike him.

The only characters who actually like Damian are Batman,Dick, Starfire, Talia(?)and eventually Jon.
>>
>>89581402
>it looks to be a continuation of the Arkham universe so it still being in the name makes sense.

the first one is called Arkham Asylum for good reason, because the game is set in the Asylum. the second one is called Arkham City, ok, because that's what they called the huge super-prison in Gotham city. Arkham Origins had nothing to do with Arkham at all, and I never played Arkham Knight, so I don't know but it doesn't really seem like the Arkham Knight has anything to do with the asylum specifically.

What I'm asking is why it would be called the "Arkham universe" at all, especially since Arkham Asylum is a place that exists in nearly all Batman universes.
>>
>>89581168
>only newfags like Damian
>>
>>89581455
>>89581907
Welcome to the future, gramps.

>>89581399
And they keep trying, despite him being hated by everyone for the last ten years, instead of trying with Duke for example. Yeah, makes perfect sense.
>>
>>89579617
Over exposed in the books as an extremely capable kid that if he weren't overconfident he wouldn't need help
>>
File: 1417630437876.jpg (817KB, 1192x1145px) Image search: [Google]
1417630437876.jpg
817KB, 1192x1145px
Damian was only interesting when paired with Dick. Bruce never should have come back, but as soon he did, Damian should have gone away.
>>
>>89579296
>I don't like him therefore nobody else does.
>>
>>89579259
The potential he has to harness is not being such a spoil brat. The problem is that writers can't think of somewhere for him to go after he completes that arc, so he keeps resetting.
>>
>>89582051
Because they don't want to bother themselves to create another Robin and last time they get rid of a Robin who wasn't really popular didn't go too well for them and some people were fired.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.