[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Green Lantern

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 11

File: bFu3C.jpg (104KB, 900x695px) Image search: [Google]
bFu3C.jpg
104KB, 900x695px
Which Green lantern did you grow up with, And which one do you want to see most in the DCEU??

>No wrong answer, just your thoughts.
>>
>>89577285
Kyle, in my opinion he's the best.
I really can't say anything bad about him.
>>
>>89577285
Kyle's my boy, but I don't give a shit about the movies. It can be G'nort for all I care.
>>
grew up with john because of the JL cartoon but Hal is THE Lantern, I like Kyle too

no opinion on Guy
>>
I grew up with both Hal and Kyle since a lot of the comics I read as a kid were really old.
I don't want to see any of them in the DCEU because I don't think the DCEU will have any movies better than Man of Steel.
>>
>>89577285
I started with the Hal of Geoff and I want to see pic related on the comics, movies, tv, games, etc.
>>
Hal Jordan.
>>
I kinda wanna see Simon Baz because he'd be more topical than the rest.
>>
>>89577285
pre lantern hal
>>
>>89577285

Kyle. He's the only Green Lantern I've ever given a fuck about due to Morrison's JLA run.
>>
I grew up in the 90s but I didn't start reading comics until 2010 and I never watched JLU as a kid, so even though I technically grew up with John and Kyle my intro to comics was with Hal

I'm hoping he'll be the main GL in the DCEU along with Guy or John
>>
File: allan scott.jpg (980KB, 1077x1851px) Image search: [Google]
allan scott.jpg
980KB, 1077x1851px
>>89577285
Stewart unfortunately

But I wanna see hal or the original one Allan scott
>>
>Which Green lantern did you grow up with
Technically Kyle, but I legit can't stand him. I always preffered Guy the most, followed by Hal and then John.

>And which one do you want to see most in the DCEU?
I don't really care since the first movie was so disappointing, but if it's got Kyle as the main focus I will go out of my way to not see it.
>>
>>89577285
Technically Stewart but I didn't start reading comics till 2005 or so, right as they were bringing back Hal.
Honestly, best option feels like Hal/John team-up, with cameos by Guy or Kyle if they can make it fit into the timeline.
>>
Currently reading Geoff Johns run on Green Lantern, my first real green lantern book.

I really like Guy and Hal, Guy's like a loveable asshole.
>>
Kyle was the Green Lantern when I was a kid but I didn't have much exposure
I only ever read Silver Age GL until recently, so I guess I'd say Hal?
Doesn't hurt that Hal has been one of my father's favorite superheroes since he was a kid
>>
>>89577285
Grew up with Stewart, I think it should be cop movie with Hal as the main character, guy as the lovable asshole, and Jon as the straight shooter
>>
Kyle. When I was a kid I was given a massive Spider-Man, 70's - 80's Action Comics, and a bunch of DC titles.

Among them was every issue involving Zero Hour. I had no clue what the fuck was going on besides a bunch of superheroes from a few TV shows I've seen gathering together to get fucked by some badass in green.

But I honestly prefer a Alan Scott movie, using his original costume.
>>
Like a lot of people, I grew up with the JL show, so I guess John. I actually remember being pretty confused as a young kid as to why sometimes GL was white and other times he was black.

But as soon as I started seeing other media, Hal became a quick favorite, like others have said he is THE Green Lantern. Guy is a pretty close second, although I never liked him until I started reading actual comics. Until then I always knew him as the asshole who didn't get along with the others. John is ok too but I don't really have any opinions about Kyle.

And honestly, I really enjoy reading about Simon and Jessica too. Maybe not as part of the "original" team, but on their own they're pretty interesting, which is why I enjoy the split stories they have now.

Movie wise I think the only real way to do it is a Corps movie. Maybe with Hal, John, and Guy training a new Kyle. I think the characters work best when they build off each other.
>>
We need a Green Lantern Corps movie, and not just have it based around only one Earth GL. Like >>89585416 said, they work best when they build off each other.

Maybe something like a buddy-cop film where Sinestro and Hal are forced to work together in Mongul's arena to survive. That'd be really neat.
>>
>>89577285
> Millennials = John (JL cartoon)
> Old niggas = Hal (comics)
> Crypt keepers = Alan (cave paintings)

DC execs really like Hal. Even tried to Kill of other GLs to push him.
>>
>>89585702
>All those old jokes at Alan's expense

I bet you think jessica's the only Green Lantern you numale tranny commy loving shit
>>
GL: Rebirth and Johns' subsequent GL run was what got me into reading comics, so Hal would be my first Lantern. He's also my favorite, though Guy's a real joy to read in practically every appearance he's in.

I didn't like Kyle initially, but I've started to read his run in the 90's and he's grown on me. Him and Donna were a great couple. So the only one that I don't really care for at this point is John.
>>
File: download (10).jpg (21KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
download (10).jpg
21KB, 229x220px
>>89585892
>Jessica who
>>
>>89586725
>Lex Luthor disguised as Alan Scott

Genius
>>
>>
File: chris-pratt.jpg (116KB, 640x964px) Image search: [Google]
chris-pratt.jpg
116KB, 640x964px
>>89577285
Guy, he's my favorite because of JLI.
Hal or John would fit better in the DCEU, but I'd also like to see him.
Pic related or Jeff Anderson could work as Guy.
>>
>>89587067
Pic related, Jeff Anderson.
I think he could work better if it's only a cameo or small part.
>>
>>89577285
Grew up with Jon watching Justice League cartoons. I know Hal's the face of Green Lanterns, but I feel Jon's characterisation makes for more interesting interactions with his fellow heroes
>>
I grew up with Kyle. I say put him in the DCEU since their first attempt with Hal was a flop.
>>
File: you dont seem used to it yet.jpg (84KB, 325x829px) Image search: [Google]
you dont seem used to it yet.jpg
84KB, 325x829px
>>
>>89577285
I honestly want all four. I want a deep history to the dceu someday where the viewer can have totally different likes from another viewer.
>>
Grew up with John, but Hal became my favorate.
>>
>>89587257
John*, come on.
>>
>>89577285
I want to see more of the black guy because he is the most diverse.
>>
>>89589370
False. We have a muslim now.
>>
>>89577285
What's the better Guy Gardner look, /co/? Bowl-cut, or flat-top?

Me? I gotta go with flat-top.
>>
>>89589370
>>89589457
Hispanic woman with mental illness beats both
>>
>>89577285

John, I grew up with. But Hal is best. But I want to see Guy have 1 bar room brawl IN SPAAAAAAACE
>>
File: Guy_Gardner_DCUO_001.jpg (103KB, 630x392px) Image search: [Google]
Guy_Gardner_DCUO_001.jpg
103KB, 630x392px
>>89577285
I'm a Guy guy.
>>
Grew up with Kyle, but I want all of them. I wanna see a DC movie universe done right, with the GL movies rebooted to at least a trilogy. Hal vs. Sinestro as the first movie, leading into Kyle vs. Hal in the second movie, and Earth Lanterns vs. Parallax in the third. Set Soranik and Ganthet up as the experts/guides, and bring John/Guy in as backup or retired GLs returning to service in the third, setting them up for center stage roles in a GLC movie that starts moving into the War of Light.
>>
>>89577285
I knew who GL was and was aware there was more than one but I don't think I ever read a GL comic until Kyle took over just because at the time it was a huge fucking deal going from how many GL's to just this 1 nobody. After Kyle I became a little more interested and read a bit more and I grew to like Guy so I guess Kyle and Guy are my favs. If we ever get another GL movie have Ch'P be the lead though
>>
File: THE GL.jpg (143KB, 736x1045px) Image search: [Google]
THE GL.jpg
143KB, 736x1045px
Hal best lantern. Superman and Lucifer would be tied for my favourite comic characters, if Hal didn't exist.

I want Hal and Guy/John. I love the two of them about the same, so I'd be equally happy.

Depends what WB wants. Diversity or quip-lantern.

Hal > Guy = John > Jessica > Kyle > Simon
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.