[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DC Now Accepting Applications for 2017 Artists Workshop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: Screen-Shot-2_dctalent.jpg (57KB, 575x434px) Image search: [Google]
Screen-Shot-2_dctalent.jpg
57KB, 575x434px
In an effort to find new and aspiring comic book talent, DC Entertainment’s Talent Development Team is kicking off the 2017 Artists Workshop today, with online applications being accepted now through March 1 at DCComicsTalentWorkshop.com. DC’s Writers Workshop will begin accepting online applications on March 1, through March 31, 2017.

DC’s Talent Development Workshops are led by an all-star talent line-up including Jim Lee, Scott Snyder, Klaus Janson and Andy Kubert. The series of workshops are designed to give access and a voice to new and prospective talent, providing an opportunity to showcase their work following intensive DC workshop sessions.

DC’s Talent Development website offers extensive tips, advice and recommended reading to help potential applicants navigate the submission process. Both workshops will take place in fall 2017.

“Following a highly successful inaugural year that saw DC Workshop alum receiving numerous assignments on our books, we’re excited to embark upon a new search for up and coming talent with the 2017 Workshops,” stated DC Entertainment Vice President of Talent Development, Bobbie Chase.

http://www.newsarama.com/32976-dc-now-accepting-applications-for-2017-artists-workshop.html
>>
But I'm a writer, not an artist.
>>
>>89574464
>DC finally has a way to find people other than "I heard of a guy"

About fucking time.
>>
>>89574464
Cool. My sister's an artist, degree and all.
Not american though.
>>
>>89576711
She'll have to go back
>>
File: 1484249078075.jpg (138KB, 890x378px) Image search: [Google]
1484249078075.jpg
138KB, 890x378px
>already making a couple of submissions to 2000 AD, not sure if I'll get it since I don't live in the UK
>wanted to get started on some online comics and illustrations and comissions
>see this

Fug, better haul ass
>>
File: BC_04FINAL2.jpg (829KB, 1250x1840px) Image search: [Google]
BC_04FINAL2.jpg
829KB, 1250x1840px
I didn't get in last time, but I've got a bit of free time coming up so I might take another stab at it. Plus my last attempt is pretty shitty in retrospect

>>89576611
There's a Writer's Workshop too ya know

>>89576656
Personal recommendations are the bread and butter of getting jobs in comics. If someone can't vouch for your reliability and work ethic, what reason do they have for hiring you?
>>
I might try, doubt I'll get in but you never know. Anyone else giving it a shot?
>>
>>89574464
Great news! Based DC! It's a true comic book pubblisher, not a propagandistic instrument like Marvel.
>>
>>89578534
I'm debating
I am a cubicle code monkey who never wrote anything in his life, but I want to at least say I tried
>>
>>89577312
Not gonna lie anon, I see a lot of potential here. Reminds me a bit of Steve Lieber.
>>
Remember: this is DC, so NO TUMBLR STYLE, NO CALARTS STYLE IN GENERAL, AND NO WEBCOMIC STYLE.
>>
File: soaro.jpg (1MB, 2476x3758px) Image search: [Google]
soaro.jpg
1MB, 2476x3758px
>>89579372
Thanks! Steve's a swell dude.
I got my first pro gig since I drew that and my stuff's sharpened up a lot since (mostly thanks to deadlines).

Pic related is a page from two months ago

>>89579507
There was a bit of variety in the Showcase anthology though, all the same
>>
>>89579507
You say this like it's a bad thing. Keep your red noses and noodle arms the fuck away from the comics I actually care to read.
>>
>>89580437
Now you're starting to develop a more unique style, which I really dig. Keep it up!
>>
>>89576656
Not really. A lot of the people that get into this have been working in the industry for 5+ years. And then there's the fact that after they teach you they don't guarantee work for you so Khary Randolph for example did We Are Robin, then did this workshop thing and then went to Marvel. It is a helping hand for people that want to break in the industry though, that's true.
>>
>>89577312
Work on your faces, man. Your pencils and layouts look nice.
>>
>>89582147
Thanks brah

>>89582281
My pencils are awful, but thanks! I need to go back to life drawing class when I get the time
>>
>>89574464
Did all their South American artists get deported?
>>
None of you faggots will ever make it in DC. /co/ has not good artist and none of you can write.
>>
>>89583135
>and none of you can write.
>Implying that ever matters when worse writers have jobs

Just be able to hit the deadline and listen to the editor and you'll be fine
>>
File: FOREVER-PIT.jpg (178KB, 1236x553px) Image search: [Google]
FOREVER-PIT.jpg
178KB, 1236x553px
>>89583135
Enjoy your forever pit
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.