[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think that Pixar will ever reclaim its throne as king

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (10KB, 309x309px)
image.jpg
10KB, 309x309px
Do you think that Pixar will ever reclaim its throne as king of CGI animation or will it only just double down on nostalgia like it did with Finding Dory and eventually be overshadowed by Gisnep?
>>
Pixar is done,it's on Disney's leash.
DreamWorks is done.
Disney is entering the period of tine where they care more about profit than quality of their movies(Zootopia is their last good movie)
WarnerBros is making Lego movies.
Sony can't come up with anything interesting.
Music sounds all alike because it's autotuned.
Creativity is dead.
>>
The age of sequels is upon us anon
Repent!
>>
Inside Out was good and it wasn't too long ago, and Incredibles 2 has been fervently anticipated since 2004. Pixar's not at its peak anymore, but it'll do okay.

>>89564591
Lego Movie was good and bodes well for future movies from them, Moana was pretty good, Dreamworks is always a rollercoaster, and Laika is immortal.
>>
File: stubhub you dorks.jpg (219KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
stubhub you dorks.jpg
219KB, 2048x1365px
>>89564697

sequels are not creative, Moana was by the numbers, Gigantic sounds boring, and Laika is making Kino, a well crafted movies for limited audience.

>>89564617
WiR 2 confirmed
Frozen 2 confirmed
heck, they even promised Zootopia 2 barely month after release.
>>
>>89565118
Honestly, I have very little invested in the single-movie format. That's like saying the 3rd episode of a TV series is unoriginal because there's been over an hour of similar content already - if the original movie's ending calls for a sequel, making that sequel (if it doesn't almost exclusively call on nostalgia/running gags from the first) is honestly fine.
>>
>>89566094
did you know Star Wars was supposed to be a single movie?
>>
File: image.png (601KB, 720x514px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
601KB, 720x514px
>>89566214
Just finished reading The Secret History of Star Wars, so yeah.
>>
>>89564591
2017 is the year to be checking indie stuff.

Prove me rong
>>
>>89564407
Finding Dory was an extremely rare case of a sequel only made because original made $, AND despite that was great.

And why do you want anyone to claim the throne? What's wrong with sharing?
>>
>>89566673
>The Secret History of Star Wars
>secret
It's all been public knowledge for years.
>>
>>89564591
>Creativity is dead
I'm 100% certain you said this last year, and the year before that, and the year before that.
>>
They'll make originals movies after Toy Story 4.
>>
>>89567583
>trying to call someone out for typing the actual name of the book
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.