[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What am I in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: cerebus1.jpg (115KB, 600x753px) Image search: [Google]
cerebus1.jpg
115KB, 600x753px
What am I in for?
>>
bestial rape
>>
>>89535829

Something not great, then very great, then batshit insane, and then finishes off good.
>>
27 years worth of tears, sweat, blood, and schizophrenia from a man who lost most of his friends
>>
A lot of Conan, Moorecock, and general fantasy parody. Then he shows up at a fancy hotel and things get really good
>>
Cerebus encountering the same dozen or so characters over and over again in different capacities.

Also some pretty great art.
>>
>>89535881
this holy fuck

conan-esque parodies and then full on manifestos about the coran and shit
>>
to this day i dont know if i hate it, i read it in like a year at 20, i should probably give it another go, but fuck those literals walls of texts and the authors notes at the end of each chapter
>>
The first 25 or so issues are just "okay".

Then it gets good. Real good.
>>
>>89536034
what arc is the issue 280? the one where he gets fat and its mostly text ?
>>
>>89536107
>the one where he gets fat and its mostly text ?
Guest-starring Woody Allen, and a new interpretation of the Book of Genesis.
>>
>>89536107
Chasing YHWH is the part of Latter Days where it just becomes text explaining Sim's personal religion
>>
>>89535881
Perfect.

Also needs to be said that it is a very long and taxing work. You'll want to stop at times because it's very long-winded. You'll want to stop at times because Sim breaks the 4th wall and inserts an autistic insane "philosophy" into it.

But you have to read it.
>>
File: 022_023.jpg (1MB, 2400x1839px)
022_023.jpg
1MB, 2400x1839px
>>89536171
>>89536221
cerebus is filled with so many fantastic moments
>>
File: 1381181565631.jpg (34KB, 458x298px) Image search: [Google]
1381181565631.jpg
34KB, 458x298px
>>89536171
>>89536221
>hey lets call GOD yahoo and praise him by whipping the floor
>>
File: sim-elrod.jpg (119KB, 670x502px) Image search: [Google]
sim-elrod.jpg
119KB, 670x502px
Elrod was the best character
>>
>>89535829
One of the few good Canadian works
>>
>>89536402
i liked him more when he was not a lireral joke
>>
>>89536034

I assume that large drop is where it gets batshit?
>>
>>89536847
It's not even a comic anymore. It's pages of text with the occasional illustration. Madness.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.