[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HE CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4842.jpg (103KB, 1000x676px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4842.jpg
103KB, 1000x676px
>Turned Star Lord into Meme Lord
>Made Drax, Gamora, and Ronan autistic
>Groot is a dumb tree
>Meme LordxGamora romance
>Made Ego the Living Planet Star Lord's father just for a dick joke
>Baby Groot
>>
>>89524673
It's a lose-lose situation to be honest

>Not having Gunn
>Guardians of the Galaxy forever destined to be shit sales franchise until it gets cancelled for good.

>Having Gunn
>Guardians of the Galaxy forever destined to be a comedy book that has absolutely no artistic value and is done for the dumbest of people by writers who just want the paycheck.
>>
>>89524673
Gotg is better now. Grow up
>>
I enjoyed the first one enough, but I always hoped that the sequel would level them all out closer to the DnA books.
The stuff we've seen so far has made me really concerned that they're just going to double down on the memes.
>>
>>89524673
>characters were obscure as fuck in the 70-90s and when they did appear would have varying and inconsistent characterizations
>Mini gives characters new characterization
>DnA give characters slightly different characterizations in ongoing
>get cancelled
>Gunn offers new characterizations
>"reeee these aren't like the guardians at all"

Kek
>>
>Literally Whos of the Galaxy
vs
>Memers of the Galaxy

I'll personally take the latter. At least I got a cool lego spaceship out of it
>>
>>89524673
People that watch marvel movies don't read comics and if they do they didn't until after watching the movies and therefore don't care.
>>
>>89524673
Not Muh fags are the worst.
>>
>>89525400
No one cares about comics anymore.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>89524892
Come on anon,I've moved on and accepted pic related might was well be an elseworlds now,But modern guardians is trash,Duggan might save them but his book sounds like more synergy crap
>>
I only cared about Guardians because of Gunn.

I never gave a fuck about the franchise prior
>>
>>89526351
Seems like that. I recall Rocket's inclusion to UMvC3 pretty meh, and now GotG is one of my favorite and memorable MCU films
>>
>>89524673
>>Baby Groot

This is the only thing on that list which annoys me.

Baby Groot-centric trailer was obnoxious. Like I was watching a trailer for one of those Alvin and the Chipmunks or Smurfs movies.
>>
>>89524909
The price of being too popular.

Sure it's an MCU movie so it was bound to be well received, but the Guardians got extremely popular with the public (especially with kids). I'd say even more so than all of their other franchises outside of Iron Man.
>>
>>89524673
he will cause normies
>>
>>89524673
It's not Gunn's fault that Bendis is autistic and Marvel Comics lets him run the show.

Gunn made his own take on the material that worked as a pseudo Star Wars clone. Marvel Comics ruined the IP.
>>
>>89524961
You mean Giffen gave them new characterizations and he gave a reason for Drax and Peter. Rocket and Groot didn't really have much characterization before, and he made Mantis more bearable that people didn't care.

DnA just followed what he did, the only thing they changed was Groot into just daying "I am Groot" made Adam Warlock less crazy and made Gamora into a warrior crazy slut which was stupid but they also provided some explanations for it as well.

Bendis just came in and shat on the bed and wrote bad stories, hell if his stories had at least been good people would have been OK with it.

At least Gunn did something good with the story and characters and his Peter while immature is not an idiot, meanwhilr Bendis made his Peter into a boring Han solo wannabe with daddy issues while Humphries straight out made him an idiot manchild who pisses everyone off and gets pussywhipped by his girlfriend.
>>
>>89524673
Fuck off to /tv/, Gunn was fine.

Bendis and Humphries are the ones that ruined the franchise for the comics and Marvel Entertainment is ruining them with the cartoon as well which is boring, riddled with fart jokes, and Star-Lord is fucking annoying and based on Humphries' Star-Lord (he even has a black sister and an evil dad).

And get this Wacker said they wanted to adapt Annihilation for the shitty cartoon. Seeing how Avengers Assemble did Civil War, get ready for Annihilus not being in it and the villain being Star-Lord's dad, the wave being a bunch of Chitauri and Richard not being in it, a bunch of quippy awful jokes, and in the end everything turns out OK.
>>
Gunn did nothing wrong.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.