[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where did this show go wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: gotham.jpg (163KB, 1280x828px) Image search: [Google]
gotham.jpg
163KB, 1280x828px
Where did this show go wrong?
>>
>>89524485
The only similarity it has to batman are the names. Would have worked better as an original series with different character names.
>>
>>89524485
Jerome/Joker pandering
>>
I would have preferred they ship off Bruce. Also creating a huge conspiracy around the death of his parents, instead of it being just a common mugging, ruins the whole fucking point of Batman. It would be like having uncle Ben be murdered by doc ock instead of the mugger from the wrestling match.
>>
Fish Mooney is a shit character and that bitch can't act.
>>
>>89524908
She's barely in the show anymore, though.
>>
>>89524507
This
>>
>>89524507
Are you retarded?

>>89524510
Yeah I don't like that Jerome came back either.
>>
Ivy being turned older purely for sex appeal was the point the show's stupidity went from endearing to a straight-up jump shark.
>>
File: IMG_0168.jpg (71KB, 650x408px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0168.jpg
71KB, 650x408px
>>89524485
Trying to hamfist Batman villains in the story line, adding too many dramatic plot lines--more specifically trying to be Game of Thrones--and over complicating plot lines that artificially stretch episode run times. It should have ended with the end of Falcone's story arch
>>
When the Penguin wanted to fug the Riddler.

Admittedly, I got into it because I wanted to watch Bruce's development, but it really has nothing to do with that. So, I let 'er go.
>>
>>89524485
In it's inception. However, it is pure awesome. Every episode try's to one up the next. I am assuming that they can get away with nearly anything.
>>
File: Gordon Batman.jpg (368KB, 1280x1233px) Image search: [Google]
Gordon Batman.jpg
368KB, 1280x1233px
It refuses to go full elseworlds. Frankly, I would have preferred Bruce getting killed along with his parents and getting Gordon Bats here
>>
It has only gotten better....it actually started out quite rough with lots of boring shit, but it's now consistently entertaining

I love this dumb show, and it is dumb
>>
File: 1384873123221.png (956KB, 950x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1384873123221.png
956KB, 950x1050px
>>89524485
>le gotham is shit meme

it's since the seacond half of season 2 that's been good.
>>
>>89527061
That's fucking dumb.
>>
File: image.jpg (779KB, 1600x1230px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
779KB, 1600x1230px
>>89527523
>>hating based GordonBat
>>
>go wrong
It only got better as time went on
It didn't work as a realistic crime drama
>>
>>89524485
Episode 1
>>
File: kick in the batnuts.png (871KB, 496x1242px) Image search: [Google]
kick in the batnuts.png
871KB, 496x1242px
>>89524485
Honestly, for me it got better.

I went from thinking it was incredibly stupid when it started to hate-watching it and then I started to care about the characters and being interested to point where I'm genuinely enjoying the show.

Jerome should have stayed dead though. I was actually on board with the whole Face/Off transplant thing.
>>
>>89524507
>The only similarity it has to batman are the names.
Most of the character still act/ are starting to act their comicbook counterparts. The only people that say this are people that don't watch the show and just meme.
>>
>>89525659
The show doesn't even do sex appeal anymore and she's barely in it, so it's all a waste.
>>
>>89524485
When they realized the premises was boring and they started adding Batman villains decades before Batman
>>
>>89525463
The fact she's still alive means she can turn up at any moment though
>>
>>89524485

Early on, first it was good with crime lords against cops, with the mystery of who killed Bruce's parents, then it became some CW-tier show with 'monster-of-the-week' and focused around a mopey kid, so I stopped watching.
>>
>>89524590
>Also creating a huge conspiracy around the death of his parents, instead of it being just a common mugging, ruins the whole fucking point of Batman
I felt that way but this way Bruce quickly learns about how corrupt the world really is and how much crime there is in it. It being a random act instead of a planned thing isn't really the same level as Ock though because both of those motivate Bruce to put an end to all the crime while it being Doc Ock instead removes Peter's entire sense of guilt (unless Otto had a side job as a wrestler for extra cash and ran off after robbing his boss).
>>
>>89524485
You didn't watch it, you just bitched because it doesn't have Batman in it and you're autistic.
>>
>>89524485
They keep too many characters around that should've died ages ago. Butch, Mooney, Barbara, and Butch's nigger girlfriend are a few examples.
>>
>>89528810
But still she was gone most of season 2 & for about half the season 3 episodes. If she shows up it most likely won't be for more than like 2 or 3 episodes because she is a recurring character on her best day. Her main reason was to give Penguin an opponent on his rise to power and even if he loses some status he will never be her sniveling lackey again so she never has reason to be the focus again.
>>
>>89524485
when they decided to do a batman show without batman

but it was obviously going to be shit from the start since it's DC and all
>>
>>89527577
This, it's at its best when it goes full ham.
>>
>>89524485
When they turned Penguin into a faggot.
>>
so how did electricity bring jerome back again, dude was dead for months, how wasn't he a decomposed mess
>>
>>89530131
Cryogenics and Hugo Strange's secret process.
>>
>>89530131
Weirder things have happened in the DC Universe.
>>
I would have preferred a more serious tone, with weirdness barely bubbling to the surface. Only when Batman arrives does shit get really wacky.
>>
>>89530380
Eh I'm sick and tired of
>Bat villains are a response to him.
I like that this is showing that Batman came because of the villains
>>
>>89524485
I noticed around the end of season 1, it tends to rush up storylines when they don't have enough time to cover vital detail and other stories push out characters.
And Tabitha sucks.
>>
File: gotham riddler.jpg (147KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gotham riddler.jpg
147KB, 1280x720px
>>89524485
When they did pic related.
>>
>>89527420
Second half of season 1 you mean.

>>89527561
I wasn't hating on GordonBat. I was hating on killing Bruce.
>>
>>89527813
This. Anybody pushing the "Gotham isn't like the comics" meme is retarded.
>>
Wait, after today's episode we have to wait almost 3 months for another one? Fuck.
>>
Just let this thread die already!
>>
>>89524485
Having Batman's rogues when all of them should be Bruce's age. Gordon should be dealing with original villains, or, more likely, mob bosses with no weird powers, and corrupt killer cops. Super-powered weirdos and bad guys with gimmicks didn't really show up until Bruce became Batman.
>>
>>89533180
>Having Batman's rogues when all of them should be Bruce's age.
Penguin, Strange and Hatter seems just about right age wise. Riddler should've been imo in his mid 20's instead of early 30's.
>>
>>89533180
But the original villains in the show are fucking terrible.
>>
>>89532883
No.
>>
>>89533180
Gotham should've been 3 seasons tops. First season is basically perfect for Bruce, 2nd should've been Bruce beginning to the training and this season should've been the last with Bruce outgrowing all his teachers and masters so he runs away to travel the world. Instead we got a static whiny Bruce who's puppy love with Selina overshadows his need to seek justice. Seriously, fuck shippers this is all because of them.
>>
>>89527813
Gordon is pretty ooc a lot of the time. Other than that, no real complaints about portrayals. Strange was perfect, for example.
>>
>>89525659

One of my biggest gripes with the show.
It was just a huge flashing red light when the news first hit.
They bring in a character the writers had zero clue what to do with, age her and apparently still doesn't do anything.
>>
>>89533360
Anybody who unironicaly supports the "trained by ninjas" meme needs to die.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.