[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>wildly successful show gets spin-off starring lovable side

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 140931288731.png (330KB, 853x478px) Image search: [Google]
140931288731.png
330KB, 853x478px
>wildly successful show gets spin-off starring lovable side character
>spin-off flops
>spin-off gets cancelled
>lovable side character returns to the original show
>literally every single conceivable facet about his (at worst, inoffensive) spin-off is both comically and critically torn apart and ridiculed relentlessly like it was the single worst thing to ever grace television
>side character is now a literal laughingstock
>as if to add insult to injury (far too occurring to be coincidental), the side character is dumbed down to retarded levels by the writers and his extended family introduced in the spin-off are now completely mute and never speak
>other recurring characters introduced in the spin-off are now killed off off-screen seemingly at random for no reason
>>
Cleveland wasn't a loveable side character, he was just the only character they could use. Quagmire is a rapist, and Joe's in a wheelchair.
>>
>>89516545
>Joe's in a wheelchair

What does that have to do with anything? 8/10 times, I'd probably watch a show starring Patrick Warburton, no relation to Tom Warburton
>>
>>89516345
That show flopped because it was just another medium for MacFarlane to peddle his liberal edgelord bullshit and not much else.

>inoffensive

The "Cleveland is racist against the token wetback caricatures recently hamfisted in only because MUH DIVERSITY" episode was the final straw.
>>
>>89516345
i'm glad SOMEBODY gets this
cleveland show was no masterpiece but it was consistently good. never terrible, and never, ever great.. but good. no powerful desire to watch it, but never once regretted I watched it
>>
>>89516345
>>other recurring characters introduced in the spin-off are now killed off off-screen seemingly at random for no reason

Wait which ones?
>>
>>89516345
>literally every single conceivable facet about his (at worst, inoffensive) spin-off is both comically and critically torn apart and ridiculed relentlessly like it was the single worst thin
The writers just wanted to beat everyone to the punch on that.
>>
I really wanted to see Cleveland's spin off characterization on Family Guy, but I guess it'd take more time and planning

>>89518580
Donna's mom committed suicide off screen in that K-Pop episode
>>
>>89517070
A wheelchair character is fine as a side character but it really limits what they could do if he was the main character, especially in a MacFarlene show since they have so much slapstick.
>>
>>89518652

That's Outrageous
>>
>>89516345
Cleveland show was ass and i doubt anyone cares about how they treat Cleveland and any other relation towards his old show outside of /co/
>>
>>89516345
I will only miss the bear
>>
>>89518558
I don't know where you've been but /co/ generally agrees that the later seasons of Cleveland show were great and it's a shame it had to end when it was finally finding it's groove.
>>
File: 975281289204.jpg (20KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
975281289204.jpg
20KB, 618x412px
>>89516345
>>spin-off flops

It had 80+ episodes across 4 seasons. That's actually a pretty good run for any show especially for one that was basically doing the same thing as the parent show. On Fox no less.
>>
File: 903.jpg (80KB, 240x300px) Image search: [Google]
903.jpg
80KB, 240x300px
>>89518675
>A wheelchair character is fine as a side character but it really limits what they could do if he was the main character
>>
>>89519121
And? Pelswick sucked.
>>
>>89517850
>That show flopped because it was just another medium for MacFarlane to peddle his liberal edgelord bullshit and not much else.

Literally all his shows are like that. Even American Dad is satire of the average conservative.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.