[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he Superior?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 7

File: background.jpg (77KB, 633x537px) Image search: [Google]
background.jpg
77KB, 633x537px
Was he Superior?
>>
>>89515870
No, the entire point of the book was that in the end he was inferior. Every line he crossed that Peter wouldn't came back to bite him in the ass in one way or another, till it all culminated into Goblin Nation. The point of Superior Spider-Man was that Peter was the superior spider. How does no one get that?
>>
>>89515930
i got it homie
>>
File: superior ride is over.png (460KB, 899x900px) Image search: [Google]
superior ride is over.png
460KB, 899x900px
>>89515870
It was the ride of the decade that's for sure.
>>
>>89515930
>how to kill a thread

c'mon dude
>>
Post the image
>>
>>89515870
I thought the alternate book, Superior Spider-Man Team Up, or whatever it was called told this story much better, but no one really talks about it.

Otto trying to do things the "Superior" way but slowly learning that Peter had it right in some ways/coming into his own as his own Spider-Man. Although I think the concept was interesting/sound Slott is a hack who failed to execute.
>>
Yes, that's why he's called The Superior Spider-Man
Can't you read?

>>89515930
>peterfags
everybody look at him and laugh
>>
>>89515870
It was an entertaining year. I bought all the book where Spock appeared.
>>
>>89516559
Name just one good thing Otto has done while Spider-Man that didn't backfire tremendously.
>>
Otto would have never taken the OMD deal.
>>
>>89516047
Damn straight. It had a real poor ending but it mixed things up big time and was overall enjoyable for it. Wish it would have lasted another year. It would have been exactly that long before Spock started to wear out his welcome, I think.
>>
>>89516989
>wish it could have been drawn out even longer
Are you serious?
>>
>>89517017
Yeah, it was over pretty quick and the idea had more potential than we ever got to see.
>>
>>89517238
>Yeah, it was over pretty quick
It really wasn't. It dragged and fucking dragged. Slott is fucking terrible at telling a concise story quickly
>>
If someone started posting Slott's Spidey's series would peeps read it?
>>
>>89517291
Storytime of pain is a thing that's been done several times successfully now.
>>
>>89517375
What about Ultimate Spider-Man? Would that be better?
>>
>>89517450
That'd be fucking great, the Marvel Adventures Spider-Man storytime a few weeks ago was great and they're pretty close on the fun factor.
>>
No
>>
>>89517892
did you stick my dick in a midget?
>>
>>89517450
No. Superior Spider-Man is much better than Ultimate Spider-Man.
>>
>>89517892
even peter knows this is total bullshit
>>
>>89518036
That's because Peter's a self loathing pussy. Any logical person realizes that most of Peter's shortcomings were out of his control, but he has too much survivor's guilt to let it slide. Otto was Spider-Man for a year and New York literally went to hell in a hand basket.
>>
File: IMG_6534.jpg (43KB, 274x419px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6534.jpg
43KB, 274x419px
>>89515870
no but his foes were.
>>
>>89515930
>Every line he crossed that Peter wouldn't came back to bite him in the ass in one way or another, till it all culminated into Goblin Nation.

how did this happen

no really

how did any of otto's mistakes result in norman getting a magic computer virus that turned off all the tech in the city and overwhelmed even the avengers

if otto's mistakes actually bit him in the ass superior would be a good book, but what happened is that slott created a situation that could only be resolved through the sudden return of peter parker. this is further proven by peter not actually doing anything when he came back, he just yelled at the green goblin and norman ran away like a bitch, peter didn't do anything heroic that otto couldn't do

if otto just pretended to be peter parker in a convincing manner he actually never would have even needed to leave
>>
>>89515870
I love him when he punch black cat in the face. I miss him
>>
>>89516633
Parker Industries was doing good work before peter ran it into the ground. crime was on the downturn before peter came back and decided that he was technophobic from everything but web shooters
>>
>>89517291
Post team-up. it was basically the only book that didn't write otto like shit anyway.
>>
It was brilliant. Otto was a man who was condemned as evil by an evil child killer hypocrite, and he rose above it and became a true hero.

Peter is a shitty protag and should have stayed dead.
>>
The ending sucked, but the superior era was solid gold compared to the Parker CEO era
>>
>>89518712
>condemned as evil
He literally killed someone and stole their body. That's evil by any stretch of the imagination
>>
>>89518767
But he used that body for good
>>
>>89518788
Barely
>>
>>89518808
He was dying
>>
>>89518821
So? How that excuse killing someone else, again?
>>
>>89518829
Killing your old enemy and getting a new body to start a new life saving people and redeeming yourself
>>
>>89518860
When your "old enemy" in this case is a hero who has saved countless lives, that's not a good act.
>>
>>89518860
This is a setting with clones. If he wanted a new body that badly, he could've swapped minds with a fit clone of himself (you know, like he just did in Slott's newest train wreck), but no, he bodyjacked a man who has saved literally countless lives, and then let him die in agony.
>>
>>89518696
Parker Industries caused distrust between civilians due to the spider bots and tied Peter directly to Spider-Man in the public eye.
>>
>>89518898
>>89518912
Everything depends on the point of view
>>
>>89518925
>moral relativity bullshit
Get outta here
>>
>>89518952
go out you first peterfag
>>
>>89518923
the civilians distrusting otto never blew up in his face amusingly

like norman hacked them with his virus but that's just a villain blowing up your tech, people fuck with the webshooters all the time
>>
>>89518925
You're ignoring the fact that he didn't steal Peter's body to become a hero. He did it JUST to survive, and while acting as Spider-Man at first he multiple times put innocents at risk just to make sure Peter couldn't switch bodies again, including telling Scorpion where they were and firing impact webbing directly at bystanders.

Literally the ONLY reason Otto decided to try being a hero was because Peter basically brainwashed him with his last seconds of life.
>>
If only I still had that informative image saved...
>>
File: Superior Spiderman.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Superior Spiderman.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>89515870
Yes. Yes he was.
If it had been classic Felicia I would have been pissed but modern Felicia can eat a dick
>>
>>89515870
If he really was "superior", then why he only lasted a year and a half?
>>
>>89518672

When Spock took out all the villains he created a power vacuum that Norman took advantage of. Then there's the whole thing where Spock was too busy promoting himself to notice this. This was also touched upon in Superior Team Up when all of Spock's henchmen were bought out by Norman. And the final straw was his resolve. Norman has put Peter to the very edge and Peter always fought back. Norman puts Otto in his place in a single day.

But Superior sucked because Slott was writing. Nearly every other writer did a better job.
>>
>>89520595
He get superior sales.
>>
>>89521554
What?
>>
>>89521562
I mean he didn't get superior sales.
>>
He's superior in every way

Little Pete boys cannot compete
>>
>>89521571
It actually sold great
>>
>>89520432
But isn't "modern Felicia" a direct result of this page?
>>
>>89516247
Was there any development to that series or was it all one off team ups? I read a pretty good one off tie in to the Inhuman event whatever that was.
>>
>>89515930
>The point of Superior Spider-Man was that Peter was the superior spider.

Which promptly leads to two volumes and an entire event (Spider-Verse) of Slott just shitting on Peter.
>>
>>89516989
>and was overall enjoyable for it

So you liked everyone surrounding SpOck just being unmitigated mouth breathing retards?

>Lets do a brain scan
>No one's around who can actually read brain scans
>Well, he's not a Skrull! So everything is hunky dory
>His brutally beating/maiming people and complete change in personality/speech pattern is just because he is sad over Silver Sables not-death.
>A single punch to an out of character Black Cat turns her to pure villain and new Kingpin
>>
>>89517238
>being this much of a faggot

How do you even live, anon?
>>
>>89517979
If you suck Slott's chode, sure.
>>
>>89522553
A broken Slott can crank out non-shit material once in a blue moon
>>
>>89518672
You've never heard of something called a 'period', have you?
>>
>>89517929
That relationship was actually interesting
Whatever happened to Ana Marie?
>>
>>89518767
>He literally killed someone

He literally did not. He figuratively killed someone and stole their body.

He literally reprogrammed Peter's brain into thinking he was Otto.

>>89518788
Yeah, maiming people, being a general douchebag to everyone, invading the privacy of every NYC citizen and literally enslaving people (Sinister Six).... what a great guy, right!?
>>
>>89518966
>being a SpOckfag

The quickest way to show people you're a gargantuan casual and newfag.
>>
File: image.jpg (318KB, 1123x892px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
318KB, 1123x892px
>>89522583
If the avengers did brain scans everytime Peter became brutal and changed his speech patterns Peter would be checked weekly
>>
>>89518788
Does masterbating to thoughts of Aunt May, while in Peter's body count as "good"?

>>89520432
You realize that this was the birth of modern Felicia, right?

Oh, right you don't. Because you're disgusting casual.
>>
>>89520595
Because of Editorial. If Slott had his way, he'd write his self-insert book for the next six decades.

>>89521554
Except for the whole part where he didn't. By issue #3, the book had lost over 60% of his sales (and continued to lose sales from there). never did it recover.
>>
>>89521804
Not for a Spider-Man book. It sold like utter shit, compared to Amazing Spider-Man.

>>89521892
Yes. But the anon is a casual and can't be bothered to do any actual research. He'll just shill Superior instead.
>>
>>89522613
Name one. He didn't even write good stuff when he was doing Brand New Day.
>>
>>89515870
better question; do you think he should have went further and done some really harsh shit leaving parker to pick up the pieces, maybe doing some time over it?
>>
>>89522651
>One issue now represents an entire character shift.

Anon, did you even read the issue your pic comes from? That was completely appropriate, given the context.

Also, if you weren't such a casual faggot, you'd know this dialogue is entirely in character for Peter.

How the fuck no one realized that Peter wasn't running the show under the mask in Superior, is unfathomable. MJ, for example, who had been living with him for like a decade didn't IMMEDIATELY stop and wonder who the fuck "Peter" was when he started calling her "woman"? Or when his ENTIRE personality changed over night?

No, instead it was just brushed under the rug like 25 issues in with, "ON NO, HE HAD BEEN CHANGED BY THE VENOM SYMBIOTE?!" (something that has literally never happened before).
>>
>>89516247
Agreed fully. To me, Superior Team Up was the true title.

>>89521939
There was a progression through the series. It wasn't as rigid as most modern comic serialization is, but there was a series arc.
>>
>>89522758
Yeah because fucking his entire social life, mentally enslaving people, getting the entire super hero community to hate his guts, get JJJ to hate his guts even more via black mail, and violate the entire city's privacy wasn't enough.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>89522719
So are we gonna pretend Peter doesn't go of the deep end a lot.And that like my previous post death can fuck up his mentality a lot,It's not like the idea Peter would change after a death is unfathamable
>>
>>89522765
>There was a progression through the series

I hardly think SpOck just throwing in the towel at the last possible second qualifies as "progression".

The rest of the story is just SpOck doing blatantly supervillain bullshit (right down to having his own evil island and enslaving people) and no one even bothering to question it beyond "Eh, he sure is sad about Silver Sable's not-death"
>>
>>89522786
There is a big difference between him loosing his shit on ONE (or even a few people) and then morning the death of his lost comrade and doing a complete character shift for months, dingus.
>>
>>89522786
>let me cherry pick things and post things completely out of context
>>
>>89522553
>You have to help us, you taught me about responsibility.

>fuck off

>Get up you fat sack of shit!

>Oh my God! You're right! Thank you best Spider-Man!

I'm still mad
>>
>>89522854
That was awful. Lets also not forget about the fact that Silk was the one who figured out how to defeat the Inheritors... despite Peter having beaten Morlun TWICE.
>>
>>89522776
I never felt he did any irreversible damage, he inconvenienced parker at most and he put the whole thing behind him way too fast
>>
>>89522870
>being this much of a Slott apologist

Holy shit.
>>
>>89515870
Under anybody that wasn't Slott, yes, it was a nice twist.

Let's remember that Silk started as an odd design Slott waifu until other writer save her.
>>
>>89515870
He wasn't per Word of God.

The actual book made the opposite point at every turn. Or flip flopped enormously.

>painting Peter as a would-be child killer to have the formerly genocidal guy who took his body in the right
>oops Otto fucked up and gave up the body he stole, what a hero
also problems like
>supporting cast is suddenly brain dead
>other heroes are too
>what are telepaths?
>>
>>89523448
>Under anybody that wasn't Slott, yes, it was a nice twist.

You realize that Slott oversaw every single aspect of Superior, right? So the Superior Team Up stuff and whatnot was all overseen by Slott.
>>
>>89523525
>>what are telepaths?

I loved how even when telepaths were around, they just didn't bother reading his mind... just because.

Or when the Venom symbiote bonded to him, despite being able to read his mind and know when to shoot webs or morph into clothes or grow extra appendages or whatever the hell he wanted it to.... it randomly couldn't understand anything going on in SpOck's head when it went back to Flash.
>>
>>89515870
in my heart, yes.
fuck peter parker
>>
>>89522760
tl;dr - this anon sucks cocks for a living
>>
>>89523761
>fuck peter parker
Sure thing, casual. Sure thing.
>>
>>89523780
Nice counter argument there. Pretty par for SpOck fans, though.
>>
>>89515870
I think under anybody other than Slott, it would have been a lot more interesting, either through actually painting the power vacuum Spock was creating or by having Otto push through and beating Norman before giving the body back to Peter because he just can't handle it like him. Either push more of his defeat or actually give him a heroic end. Just plopping Peter back on the set after 30 issues was a pretty unsatisfying.

But Spock as a character was definitely superior. It was as if Scarlet Spider v2 was written for Peter instead, and that made it much more interesting than the stagnation the brand has had for the majority of the past 9 years.
>>
>>89523975
Or just have the people surrounding "Peter" figure out that it wasn't him and see how he deals with it. That would have been an interesting story right there.

Have him keep the secret for a bit and then slip up and deal with the fall out.
>>
>>89523975
>It was as if Scarlet Spider v2 was written for Peter instead

Wat.

That makes no fucking sense. Did you even read Scarlet Spider v2?
>>
>>89515870
yes OP he was
>>
>>89524662
For casuals.
>>
>>89520821
>When Spock took out all the villains he created a power vacuum that Norman took advantage of.

The green goblin took over because spider-man was effective and got villains off the street?

So Peter's incompetence is the only thing keeping the goblin in check?
>>
>>89522802
he had an arc in team-up that wasn't in the main books.

that namor issue was great
>>
>>89515870
He was certainly the fourth or fifth best Spider-Man title running at the time.
>>
>>89515870
It was literally Dan Sloots best work and the only work he did in the last 10 years that wasn't complete shit
>>
>>89515870
He was superior right up until he had a crisis of confidence and killed himself.
>>
>>89515870

Yes

also Slott's run is good
>>
>>89525875
>one issue makes the entire run good
>>
>>89526048
You have it backwards, anon. Its Slott's biggest piece of shit.
>>
>>89526087
Found the casual.
>>
>>89522645
>>89522663
>>89522681
>>89522760
>>89524771
>>89526339
>>89526355
found the butthurt samefag.
is there anything more pathetic than parkerfag?
>>
>>89526581
>is there anything more pathetic than parkerfag?

A Slottfag.
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.