[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steven Universe Ratings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 25

File: tickling.jpg (46KB, 714x455px) Image search: [Google]
tickling.jpg
46KB, 714x455px
>Creator Rebecca Sugar has admitted that the erratic airing was affected by the ratings, which were not picking up from previous episodes aired in the last quarter of 2016.

http://www.universityherald.com/articles/62756/20170128/steven-universe-finally-returns-weekly-episode-starting-feb-10-stevenbomb.htm

I don't get it. Why was the network even airing it like that to begin with? What is the sense in releasing a bunch of episodes at once and then none at all? It's nice for like an "end of the season" special or "secret missing episode" special but as a format its just stupid.

How in the world could anyone keep up with a chronological show like this? Seriously, why did Cartoon Network fuck with SU's ratings by airing it so stupidly? Like, what are they trying to do?
>>
>>89508242
>Like, what are they trying to do?
Kill it, probably. Lots of networks "cancel" shows by just fucking with the schedules until viewership drops off enough for them to justify not renewing it.
>>
>>89508339
Yeah people forget that when CN five up Omniverse after they realize that it kids werent watching this, but guys in their 20's that didn't buy toys, Omniverse was the first show to start with bombs
>>
>>89508425
I'd have bought the toys if I ever saw any
>>
>Switch SU to airing its episode primarily online
>Release a new episode each week
>Make merch that adults would buy (t-shirts, posters, high quality figures, imitation gem pendants and earings and stuff like that)
>>
>>89508242
CN is literally doing this shit with all their shows, SU and Gumball suffering the worst. They can't just go off a couple weeks without turning episodes into fucking bombs because ratings. Ratings is the only thing they care about, which is why TTG is 70% of their schedule and every other show goes on an indefinite hiatus or just shafted by the network.
>>
>>89508242
>Seriously, why did Cartoon Network fuck with SU's ratings by airing it so stupidly?
When you want to kill a show, the best thing to do is mess up its scheduling.

Remove it for some other cartoon that's cheap and random as hell.
>>
>>89508425
If they know they have an older audience but wanna sell toys, why not try selling high quality models instead? It's like these people don't even try to think.
>>
>>89508546
Same reason they don't try and sell toys to girls when they end up being the primary audience.
If you're not a young boy the network execs don't care.
>>
>>89508339
>Lots of networks "cancel" shows by just fucking with the schedules until viewership drops off enough for them to justify not renewing it.
Also regular businesses do it with their employees schedules, not giving them shit for shifts until they quit of their own accord.
>>
>>89508485
THIS DOESN'T SOLVE THE PROBLEM OF CN'S MAIN ADVERTISERS AND SPONSERS WANTING A KID AUDIENCE

QUIT THINKING make merch for adults IS THE PROBLEM SOLVER
>>
>>89508546
Because they're stupid. There's money to be made there, but the execs are too short sighted to make use of what they have.
>>
>>89508602
Didn't they learn anything from the horse show?
>>
>>89508546
Remember what happened to Yough Justice teen are watching the show and even girls, they don't buy toys let's kill this show
>>
>>89508647

What do kids want now a days?

iphone/ipad/ vidya

the rest can fuck off
>>
>>89508242
>inb4 no one was buying merch!
It's kind of hard to buy merch for the show when they didn't start making merch until Season 2.
>>
>>89508460
Remember the Regular show episode, the evangelion parody of how their toys were shit, with wrong colors and ood faces that was based on something that really happened to them lately some CN toys are really low quality
>>
How difficult is it for CN to just give it a weekly time slot for new episodes? I didnt know bombs were required.
>>
>>89508772
that would mean they would have to replace a ttg time slot
>>
File: s4_03_wal_08.jpg (179KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
s4_03_wal_08.jpg
179KB, 1440x900px
>>89508755
>Ood faces.
>>
>>89508602

CN = NAMBLA?

>>89508664

Pretty sure 'Horsing around' wasn't aimed at kids.
>>
>>89508726
Release an SU ios game
>>
>>89508831
Attack of the light is a pretty solid game imo
>>
>>89508485
They don't make money off merch, at least not merch for adults. They make money off of selling ad space. Commercials are focus-tested to be aimed at the intended target demographic of a show. If a show isn't drawing in the kind of viewers the companies want, they pull the ads.

S'what happened to Young Justice and GLTAS, multiplied by the facts that
>1: there either weren't any toys or they weren't selling
>2: they both had much more expensive animation and
>3: they were technically only co-owned by CN, and CN hates having to share their profits, which is why licensed shows like TF RiD and Sonic Boom have crappy early morning timeslots and no reruns.
At least SU has the benefit of being a CN in-house original, and between that and its fanbase they'd lose face if they just outright cancelled it.

Of course, it could just be that CN's focus groups have decided that kids can follow an hour or two's worth of story at once, but can't follow that same story if it's dolled out in 10 minute weekly segments. Serialization is still offputting to a lot of younger kids - my nephew's obsessed with YJ now that he's 12 and it's available in binge-able form, but when it first aired, he couldn't follow it at all. He preferred Green Lantern, and even there he eventually stopped following new episodes.
>>
>>89508831
They should make a game where people can design and play as their own gems
>>
>>89508546

It doesn't usually work like that.

Japan is an exception mainly because they have decades long subcultures of people in dense urban environments where they can more easily meet up, and a history of buying peripheral material and fan works as a matter of course.

American fans don't really bother outside of relatively cheap and simple models like hot topic tier stuff, and Comic Con isn't really the same thing as Comiket.

Even the, Steven Universe is fucking Anathema to what adult fans usually prioritize as good for their toys. Everything is soft and overly simple and the designs often simply don't work in three dimensions. There's a reason the vast majority of the fan art needs to be wildly off model to be interesting.
>>
>>89508859
When I was a kid I always prefered anime like Pokemon and Digimon over western shows because they had an overarching story. Are kids not like that anymore?
>>
If SU gets canned then Netflix should pick it up
>>
>>89508947
Not sure if trolling or sarcastic
>>
>>89509014
The miraculous saviour powers of Netflix are vastly overrated.
>>
>>89509054
>Stares angrily at journey to one.
>>
>>89508983

SU's overarching story isn't actually very good. The deepest lore it took two seasons to get to is that they were really Autobots and Deceptions are about to attack. If you want a big great secret, it needs to be something that's not incredibly basic, like the old hero killed the bad guy. That's shit that gets given out for free by other shows.
>>
>>89508460
>the good ol' "cancel-a-cartoon-for-not-selling-enough-toys-when-you-didn't-made-any-in-first-place"
A CN classic if I am not mistaken.
>>
>>89509206
Did Billy and Mandy sell any toys?
>>
>>89509237
Billy and Mandy didn't need it good ratings means more ADs, also they have games, t-shirts that kinda stuff, then you get show like DCAU that sell toys like pancakes
>>
>>89509054
Yes, but it can be a useful card to play in negotiations. If Sugar is smart she'd be in contact with them and other streaming services.
>>
>>89509374
Ok I see your point, SU has good ratings but they are from adults, who couldn't care less about ads for kids. Also SU's merchandise is scarce and the main buyers are adults too, who will buy things that CN is not producing. Right?
>>
>>89508425

I feel like Generator Rex or Secret Saturdays started that trend. Both of those shows got absolutely raped in the scheduling to the point where when they ended I don't think most people were even aware they were still on the network considering how tucked away in the schedule they were. I remember being absolutely shocked that they aired new episodes at like 4 in the morning.
>>
>>89508242
In a market saturated with options it's best to acquire fans with bombs, where everyone is talking about your show for that one week rather than a slow burn that no one hears about.
>>
>>89509393

Sugar doesn't own SU. CN does. It could only go to them if Netflix was willing to buy the rights and CN was willing to sell them. At best it would just be a place for her to go after SU ends but likely with considerably less budget unless she cozied up to someone like Dreamworks. who has some money to throw around.
>>
So what am I supposed to infer from this, that SU's fifth season (i.e. the second half of season 3) is the last?
>>
>>89508711

>cartoons are glorified toy commercials
>product isn't selling why keep making the commercial
>>
>>89509533
Mysteries abound.
>>
>>89509474
I remember when mystery incorporated (and some other shows) had half a season air in Australia before cn would finally start airing the episodes in the us (usually at 7 a.m.)

New episodes airing in australia months in advance is usually when you could tell cn wanted a show dead
>>
>>89509528
>>89509474
Remember how Generator rex final episodes didn't even air on the channel and you have to go on Netflix to watch it, the show was good it didn't deserved it
>>
>>89509549
Well done my dear, you're in top of the class, now you know why most show say goodby
>>
>>89509393

They would not take the show runner shopping the program to other competitors very lightly. Especially when they're still showing it.

CN and AS have proved that the people in charge of them are very petty especially when it comes to show rights.
>>
>>89508242
>constant hiatus
>dump a bunch of episodes all at once
>episodes are leaked on the internet WEEKS before they air on tv
>surprised that the rating are suffering
I would ask if CN is retarded, but I already know the answer.
>>
>>89508425
Kids don't buy toys, their parents do. They need to realize that's the problem and figure out how to be more appealing than a video game aimed a more mature audience than their target demographic.
>>
>>89509667

Adult Swim turned down and blocked a free (for them) season of Metalocalypse as a fuck you to Brendon Small releasing an album on his label.
>>
>>89509742
>Teen Titans Go Network
>Regular Show cancelled
>Adventure Time ending in about a year
>Powerpuff Girls 2016 still on the air
>Ben 10 2016 without original guy behind Ben 10
Yea CN's fucked. Why not keep Stuart Snyder? At least he knew how to schedule and gave well-liked shows decent repeats.
>>
>>89509858
That's impressively petty if true.
>>
>>89508242

Just another cartoon being added to the big list of "Shows cancelled before they could finish".

The instant your series gets moved from its prime time slot that airs every week at the same time, its already too late. Its just a downward spiral.

>7pm every thurday
>then 2pm on sundays
>then random whatever the fuck time that changes every week
>then every morning with re-runs at 4am
>then cancelled
>>
File: nathan.jpg (11KB, 280x200px) Image search: [Google]
nathan.jpg
11KB, 280x200px
>>89509917

>That's impressively petty if true.

Brendan Small wanted funding to do a final season of Metalocolypse, but CN was pissed at him and told him no. So he was then able to scure funding from somebody to fund a season of the show, probably some loaded heavy metal muscician who loved the series. CN still told him to fuck off.

THEN, CN said they wanted fans to hand write letters on why they think Metalocolypse should get a final season to tie everything up. They told fans to fax these very personal and hand written letters to the CN head office and gave them a fax number. What CN ended up doing was live streaming this fax machine over a garbage can, printing all these letters into the trash.
>>
>>89510093
LOL, that's actually quality trolling.
>>
>>89510093
>CN said they wanted fans to hand write letters on why they think Metalocolypse should get a final season to tie everything up. They told fans to fax these very personal and hand written letters to the CN head office and gave them a fax number. What CN ended up doing was live streaming this fax machine over a garbage can, printing all these letters into the trash.
I don't want to be contradictory, but that's very metal.
>>
>>89509917
The pettiest thing the network did was purge everything Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi from the site, not finish airing the last season in America, and not acknowledge them for almost a decade.
I guess bands and CN do not get along.
>>
File: 1479760473392.gif (3MB, 255x151px) Image search: [Google]
1479760473392.gif
3MB, 255x151px
>>89508242

>yfw Children don't watch Lesbian space rock show because it's feminist garbage shit.
>yfw only tumblrisim fucks autistic's watch this show and even they don't have self control to not watch the leaks.
>yfw they blame the ratings drop on leaks when the target audience (children) are not interested.
>>
>>89509576

Cartoon Network aired them; mostly out of order (though the two part finale was in order) and at six o'clock in the morning. I think it might even have been around Christmas or New Year's Day.
>>
>>89510753
Eh, he's not wrong.
>>
>>89509448
Yeah thats why they push TTG so much we liked or not kids love TTg, i remember a couple of months an anon that worked on a toy shop tell us that the TTg merch sell like hot cakes kids love it, also they're easy and cheap to produce and on the top of that those gigantic rating allow them to put more ADs and sell app for the kids, it's all about merch and SU can't compete
>>
>>89510753

You don't even have to look very deep.
>>
>>89510093
Yeah, I'm with >>89510179, that's actually very much in the spirit of the show. Seems like something Nathan himself would approve of, honestly.
>>
>>89508339
I hope so.
>>
>>89511214
>those gigantic rating

The ratings really aren't that great for TTG though; they're roughly equivalent or slightly less than what Steven Universe draws. They're roughly 10%-20% higher than some of their other shows but that's pretty much a given considering how much more advertising it gets.
>>
>>89510802
He is, because he's looking at it through /pol/'s definition of what they think SJW's think feminism is.
>>
>>89509551
In this world that we will see.
>That we will see.
>>
File: Everyone-I-Don-t-Like-is-Hitler.jpg (83KB, 600x726px) Image search: [Google]
Everyone-I-Don-t-Like-is-Hitler.jpg
83KB, 600x726px
>>89512339
>>
>>89508856
Considering how high the rating and dowload times this one got, I am AMAZED CN didnt do anymore video games with the SU license.
>>
>>89512431
If you think real feminists want women to be perfect and men to be constantly shown as shit you're an idiot
>>
>>89509914
So...assuming that this year will mark the end of a mostly good era for CN, who do we even turn to for good cartoons now?

Nickelodeon has been in the shitter for the past year and half with only 1 decent show to their name.

Disney is more worried about Star Wars Rebels and their re-runs of Gravity Falls to care about making anything new.

What is left to hope for /co/?
>>
>>89515419
I know a lot of people around these parts have said that Disney XD is going to be the new IT network for cartoons. And it might be. They have a lot of stuff planned that seems to interest people and more than a few shows that garner a bit of chatter to say nothing of Star Vs. But I personally don't care about anything that's in the works or currently airing over there.
>>
Every show that fails, is a tax break for the channel.
>>
>>89515419
>>89515474
Well craig said Disney might give him a chance for a new cartoon, but nothing is certain yet
>>
>>89510753
post the rest
>>
>>89515419
Netflix
>>
>>89509014
>Netflix season
>show is even MORE GAY
>>
>>89509014
>SU becomes more edgy due to there being less restrictions

i'm ok with this
>>
>>89509533
Supposedly she has had the fifth season planned as the final one for a while, but I'm sure she would like more.
>>
>>89516354
Is that going by the original plan for 50+ episode seasons or the switch to 26 episode seasons?
>>
>>89516208
The show is a pretty fundamentally idealistic one Anon, I'm not even sure they even have that many restrictions right now, and if they did let loose I'm not sure they would go much darker.
>>
File: beach_city_volley.jpg (97KB, 934x619px) Image search: [Google]
beach_city_volley.jpg
97KB, 934x619px
>>89515197
there is an app called soundtrack attack and also a volleyball game that recently came out on some countries cn websites
>>
>>89508815

>Horsin' Around

Well played Senpai.
>>
>>89516426
They could probably do more with the corrupted gems. Mention people getting killed by them and stuff. Also they could delve deeper into the war. Like a flashback episode where the Crystal Gems give Steven an account of what exactly it was like.
>>
File: 1485285385147.gif (960KB, 1200x1802px) Image search: [Google]
1485285385147.gif
960KB, 1200x1802px
>>89516436
>everyone has their beach outfit
>jasper only has slightly shorter pants

Fuck you CN
>>
>>89516436
>that garnet
What a slut!
>>
File: voce e invencivel.gif (3MB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
voce e invencivel.gif
3MB, 500x332px
>>89516478
but ponytail jasper is best jasper
>>
File: IMG_0055.jpg (522KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0055.jpg
522KB, 2048x1536px
>>89516436
>rhythm runner
>gem creator
>combat to the beat

Why did I not know about this game?
>>
>>89516436
>>89516519
Is this their way of foreshadowing that Jasper is getting redeem?
>>
>>89516519
>5 vs.3
>>
>>89516671
You're right anon it's unfair, Jasper should have one of her arms behind her back
>>
>>89508983
are you sure kids were ever 'like that', and that you're not just weird?
>>
File: beachball stats.png (459KB, 1036x506px)
beachball stats.png
459KB, 1036x506px
>>89516671
Jasper has the best stats in the game and they had to make it fair somehow
>>
>>89508242

If not a sabotage it's probably trying(And failing) to capture the netflix mindset that people want to sit down and watch a ton of episodes at once hoping to get one huge rating out of it.

Which doesn't work of course since it's not on demand. But if they were trying to tank it I don't think they'd revert it back.
>>
>>89516735
Considering the only toons that got talked about in class where anime I'm pretty sure I was normal
>>
>>89516888
>Peridot's tights go away to make her "bikini"
Oh my
>>
>>89508983
I wasn't even aware there was a difference between anime and cartoons until I was like 10, I just found it weird that for some reason my mom wouldn't let me watch Pokemon
>>
>>89517104
glorious gams
>>
DESU, I've always thought that SU would have this sort of slow, painful death.

The show will start hemorrhaging ratings.
Budgets will be slashed and cancellation imminent.
Episode quality will go down sharply, and whole story lines and plot devices will be dropped or never revisited/explained.
We'll get a clipshow episode.
As the show winds down, it will start a huge build up for the finale, but when it finally drops it will very underwhelming.
Ultimately, the epilogue will be unsatisfying, but contain a lot of callbacks and some fanservice.
The ending will be somewhat open, so that it feels like we have closure but with the possibility for renewal.
After everything is said and done, people will begin to overlook the horrible final season of the show, and instead choose to remember only the best parts.

After all, that's exactly what happened with Avatar.
>>
>>89517579
And then we get The Legend of Connie.
>>
>>89516991
I don't think it's sabotage, just mismanagement. I remember a couple years back they aired all the new premieres Monday evening every week. That was great.
>>
>tfw cartoons will never run consistently with one new episode a week
>>
>>89508485
>Make merch that adults would buy (t-shirts, posters, high quality figures, imitation gem pendants and earings and stuff like that)

Adults buy that stuff anon?
>>
>>89517715
I mean, technically we have to start calling them "adults" at some point.
>>
>>89517715
Yes? Nerd t-shirts are very popular, same with posters. Figures have a niche market, but that market is made of up people with a lot of disposible neet bux.
>>
File: 1341232126106.jpg (208KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1341232126106.jpg
208KB, 1280x720px
SU isn't particularly good though, it's more of an interesting show. I enjoy watching it but I can't even begin to imagine what kids would see in it, I mean, I hope they're not trying to make them laugh with this material when contemporary cartoons are actually being funny.

>>89517675
>tfw unions won't let us work cartoonists like slaves

They should bleed for us. Bleed for Steven.
>>
>>89508242
I'm pretty sure it was just a poorly thought-out attempt to recapture the high ratings of the very first Steven Bomb without considering that shit like that only works for special events, not every single time you want to air new episodes.
>>
>>89517767
Can you recommend some funny cartoons? I'm being sincere here because I cannot think of a single cartoon that comes on these days that I can say is anything close to being consistently funny and I wanna be able to laugh.
>>
>>89517811
The bomb format only really works to keep an audience when it's people like us and older kids who keep track of that shit. Young kids will just forget because they usually have other things going on. Hell, normie viewers of any show just would forget about it. There's a reason most shows, cartoon or otherwise, air episodes on a regular schedule.

You know when a bomb would probably pull high ratings? After a long time of a regular schedule to mark that something big is going down in the story.
>>
>>89516400
IIRC this was before they switched to the 26 episode seasons. So we'd get about around ten if Sugar keeps to her plan.
>>
So... Why do they "bomb" Adventure time anyway? As a millennial, yeah, it's their best show... And the character designs are pretty, especially distinctive... What's the problem, is it the tone shift?
>>
>>89509483
Souless tv suit please
>>
>>89517907
Looking at the ratings, during last season (mostly at the summer of steven) the ratings were at their highest between gem hunt to earthlings. From there bubbled/back to the moon had drop and a second drop with kindergarten kid/know your fusion.

So it kinda looks like a combo of end season plotlines and the server leaks helped hype up those last episodes.
>>
>>89508969
It seems to be working for Hasbro with that one horse show. The Guardians of Harmony fan series figures have been selling well, and those retail for like $25-$30.
>>
>>89517826
Gumball's a good start
>>
File: 1468998057746.png (61KB, 246x385px) Image search: [Google]
1468998057746.png
61KB, 246x385px
>>89518068
Read the fucking thread
>>
>>89509533
God I hope so
This shit show is running on fumes at this point
>>
>>89517715

Adventure Time, pokemon, Disney.

They have Adventure Time thongs anon. Thongs and other sexy clothing. This "adults don't buy anything" is stupid, if anything adults buy even more crap, specially now.
>>
File: nyeh.jpg (43KB, 540x534px)
nyeh.jpg
43KB, 540x534px
>>89508242
fuck the airing schedule, the leaks are the responsable for shit ratings
>>
>>89518392
Everything good about SU just vanished once they removed the cluster.

>Peridot became an insufferable cunt
>Stevidot sunk forever because the little brown girl got jelly of the pure love between a man and an ayy
>Dumbest fucking way of resolving the cluster possible
>Even the diamonds are shown to be just as weak and stupid as their subordinates and couldn't possibly mount a successful invasion of Earth

Now it's just a question of who will fuse with who. And the answer is everyone with everyone.
>>
Cartoons on tv are dying. The Internet is the future. Why can't they see this?
The first to make a Netflix style streaming site for cartoons will have great success.
>>
>>89518471
Crunchyroll is a thing (which I do not use). They seem to not only sustain themselves even though they have like one of those audible-type referral-links with a free trial on youtube, but they even have enough cash to buy rights and sponsor series, I have no idea how business works enough to know how this is financially successful...
>>
>>89518471
They see it
They just refuse to do anything about it
>>
>>89518497
Crunchyroll is successful enough to have TV ads, which honestly surprised me.
>>
>>89518554
Yeah, while it's probably won't get to the early tp mid 2000's high, anime making a huge comeback in America.
>>
>>89516436
>barefoot Jasper

i need dis
>>
>>89518471
I mean isn't Netflix already doing that though?

Its not like they are sleeping on the idea that people like cartoons
>>
>>89518497
>Crunchyroll is a thing (which I do not use).

Crunchyroll doesn't produce their own shows though. They're just licensing things that are presumably sustainable in their domestic market.
>>
>>89518429
>implying the leaks are accidental and not deliberate CN policy to help tank ratings to justify cancellation
>>
>>89518429
There's zero chance enough people watch the leaks for it to matter. Those autistic and obsessed enough to know it was leaked are a small portion of the audience.
>>
File: 238840328058235.jpg (100KB, 370x750px) Image search: [Google]
238840328058235.jpg
100KB, 370x750px
What do you think is going to happen to SU when it eventually gets cancelled before the story wraps up? I' sure the fans and Sugar won't be satisfied with no closure. Do you think it will end up getting a kickstarter? Become a webseries? A comic?
>>
>>89518781
Presumably CN will retain the rights keeping anything from happening with it for a long time and hopefully Sugar will out do herself with her next project.
>>
>>89508242
Anyone know where Boybox is posting his stuff now, the artist in OP's pic? No idea where to find him since he had that panic attack.
>>
File: 61LDoVutijL.jpg (69KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
61LDoVutijL.jpg
69KB, 500x500px
>>89518715
>http://www.universityherald.com/articles/62756/20170128/steven-universe-finally-returns-weekly-episode-starting-feb-10-stevenbomb.htm
>Cartoon Network has issued a press release last Thursday revealing that "Steven Universe" will revert back to a weekly episode airing. This comes as a big surprise to fans who have gotten used to the erratic airing of episodes.

>Staring on Feb. 10, new episode of "Steven Universe" will air every Friday at 7:00 p.m. EST. There are no official details like episode titles and synopsis to go along with the announcement. Nonetheless, fans are no longer worried that the allegedly poor ratings of the show may lead to its cancellation.

Hey wait this sounds like a good thing!
>>
>>89518853
We've been told that before, and then we just got more fucking bombs.
>>
>>89518781
Most likely sold off to Netflix
Will still suck once there
>>
>>89508969
Garnet LOOKS like an action figure though.
>>
>>89508242
Don't you remember the clusterfuck that was the YJ release schedule? It was beset by constant hiatuses, including when they aired the finale of S1, then the first episode of s2 the next week, then went on break for months.
>>
>>89518848
They used to post stuff in Loud House threads, but not much lately.
>>
>>89518989
You dont know if they have a site like Tumblr or ygallery or anything? Last i checked they got rid of both of those which was almost a year ago.
>>
>>89508753
SU still doesn't have any good merch.
>>
>>89517598
I'd be okay with this
>>
>>89518853
Wouldn't that fuck your back up? It doesn't look like they're lifting with their legs at all.
>>
>>89518781
Sugar said she has an ending in mind and that they plan on "writing themselves into a corner" if they don't get picked up for anymore seasons after season 5. I highly doubt CN would cancel it before then, there's no reason to.
>>
>>89519028
Anon obviously the straps lift the weight for you.
>>
>>89519012
They don't have anything yet.
>>
>>89516609

Because it has a few bugs and it occasionally unplayable on some platforms. The lack of a level maker that lets you use your own music was also an issue.

That and people wanted a sequel to Attack the Light instead of a rhythm runner.
>>
>>89518429
The last batch of episodes weren't a leak, they were an official release about a month ahead of the tv airing.
>>
>>89518497

Crunchyroll fired a good chunk of their staff so lol at them being successful
>>
>>89519015

As someone who's talked with several Hot Topic employees in the past and currently, I can tell you that their "first" wave of SU Funko POPs sold out after a week or two when they came out last year.
>>
>>89518853

>friday deathslot

lol.
>>
>>89519210
>He doesn't remember Cartoon Cartoon Fridays.

Also, it's better than nothing.
>>
>>89519230

Ah yeah that friday block that's so popular they're still doing it today.

I sure can't wait to watch TGIF on ABC this friday too.
>>
>>89508339
This. Best example is Firefly. Fox didn't want it. Aired it at the shitiest times to give them better reason to drop the show. That way they fulfill a contract and those who did want to keep the show on air had less things to grab onto when trying to sue.

"We did keep it on air! Not our fault your fanbase didn't keep up with the well-advertised schedules."
>>
>>89519156
Fuck. Always sucks to lose such great talent. Especially when it comes to shota artists.
>>
>>89519210
It's not like kids or the Steven Universe fanbase goes out on Friday nights.
>>
>>89519266

Video game populations surge on fridays and weekends.

SU autists will probably wait for it to hit kisscartoon before they tune into CN.
>>
File: 1459458952122.jpg (117KB, 456x303px) Image search: [Google]
1459458952122.jpg
117KB, 456x303px
>>89519237
>Implying Cartoon Cartoon Fridays was bad
>Implying Corporate doesn't make bullshit decisions that fuck 'em over in the long run
>Implying any good program canceled was really bad
>>
I haven't watched SU since the Cluster stuff has anything good/interesting happened?
>>
>>89519404
Yes
>>
>>89519404
Nope. It was never good.
>>
File: 1459459142303.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1459459142303.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>89519416
Avoiding spoilerage too much.

Diamonds show up. We see humans in space. Uhhhhhhhh......

Oh yeah, Carl's in the show now. THE Carl. I shit you not. Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
>>
>>89519404
Not really.
>>
>>89516671
I think you mean 6 on 3
>>
>>89519404
Not really no
>>
>>89519404
Ya, Jaspers, Rubies, Diamonds, Amethysts like Season 3 was decent, which they hadn't throw it at us so fast though
>>
>>89508242
Are there any good Steven Universe toys?
>>
>>89519667

There's Funko Pops.

So no.
>>
>>89518848
Panic attack?
>>
>>89519970
He suddenly became paranoid about drawing shota. Was worried about the FBI crashing through his windows and started deleting his art and thus far hasnt set up shop anywhere to post his work.
>>
>>89520020
Could something like that even happen? I hope he's doing alright, poor guy. I mostly miss his fetish art.
>>
>>89520092
No idea. If he's here in America i'd assume he'd be fine. I mean there's way more visible and unashamed artists out there and none of them run into any real problems as far as i know. I miss all his shota stuff, he draws so well on model, that's a rare talent sad to see wasted porn or not.
>>
>>89517579
then a few years after we get a the movie END of STEVENGELION where steven jerks off onto an unconscious topless peridot
>>
>want to buy merch to support show I like
>merch either does not exist or is complete and utter shit
>fan made stuff on etsy, ebay, etc ends up being not only better but cheaper
>>
File: HwlKPoE.gif (12KB, 502x342px)
HwlKPoE.gif
12KB, 502x342px
>>89508339
>>Like, what are they trying to do?
>Kill it, probably.
But...... why?
>>
>>89508602
Anyone have the screencap about Young Justice please?
>>
>>89520120
Yeah I'm not into it but I would think he should fine. I can't blame him for worrying though. I love how I can always tell when something's drawn by him. There's something distinct about it despite it being super on model.
>>
File: 1463457061299.png (82KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1463457061299.png
82KB, 550x550px
>>89520205
Yeah, it's pretty hard not to spot his work in spite of that. Just makes it all the sadder when i see something new but still no site for his stuff.
>>
>>89520191
Usually politics. And I mean corporate/workplace politics, not ideological or government ones. Example: When a network changes hands, the new head honcho will sometimes burn off much of the old shit in an attempt to make their mark, and to escape from the shadow of their predecessor.
>>
>people keep on urging me to watch SU as it airs to help the ratings

Correct me if I'm wrong but since I don't have a nielsen box then whatever I watch is not counted? Like I could watch SU, TTG, what the fuck ever all day but if the guy with the nielsen box in my area watches Family Guy reruns on TBS or whatever instead I'm counted as watching Family Guy on TBS. I got that right?

>>89516354
By more do you mean more SU set after the finale or more episodes between now and whatever the finale is going to be?
>>
>>89516454
If SU moved to Netflix or whatever I don't even care about it getting darker. I just want episodes longer than 11 minutes. That shit really harms it.
>>
>>89512251
Cool horseshit bro
>>
>>89515474
>than a few shows that garner a bit of chatter to say nothing of Star Vs.
That show barely gets any sort of traffic outside of /co/ and its mainly shipperfaggotry here. Its certainly no Gravity Falls that's for sure
>>
>>89518471
The issue is anything they make will be seen as a Netflix rip off. Why bother with that streaming service with just cartoons when you can have Netflix that has cartoons and then some? It even has Netflix Kids if you want to be sure your little gremlin can't accidentally watch something too mature for them.
>>
>>89517715
Autists more likely.
>>
>>89518781
Sugar will probably just go "Oh well" and move on to the next paycheck.
>>
>>89518853
>"Steven Universe" will revert back to a weekly episode airing.

For all of one week I bet.
>>
>>89508425
>but guys in their 20's that didn't buy toys,
But that is exactly the demographic that buys up this shit. Actual kids aren't asking their parents for toys anymore.
>>
>>89519256
I would think putting it in time slots that are statistically proven to bring in the lowest of ratings would be proof enough to point out.
>>
>>89516609
Biggest disappointment came when I realized there's only a handful of actual soundtracks featured in the game, and most of them are terrible mashups or fake remixes using no actual tunes from the show.
>>
>>89516519
>the original hand ship duo taunting and laughing at their enemies together
Feels good.
>>
>>89517579
>and instead choose to remember only the best parts
Liar. Nobody here ever likes LoK.
>>
>>89509483
>diminishing returns
Pathetic.
>>
>>89509014
Nice meme, anon.
>>
>>89519028
It's designed to keep you from stooping and fucking up your back picking it up in the first place. After that it's being held up by your biceps instead of your fingers and forearms. The only real issue is blood circulation.
>>
>>89520329
In the age of digital tv a nielson box is no longer needed.
>>
>>89508242
>>89508339
>>89508425
>wildly popular with the wrong demographic
>the demographic that doesn't buy toys

Yeah they are killing it.
>>
File: LIES.png (17KB, 827x658px) Image search: [Google]
LIES.png
17KB, 827x658px
>Creator Rebecca Sugar has admitted that the erratic airing was affected by the ratings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rn-lqkE58I
>>
>>89519404
Some moments felt slow in between, but there's definitely been some interesting/good stuff and it seems we're now really picking up the pace at last
>>
>>89508983
This is going to come as a shock if you are around 18 or older, but here is a quick rundown;

Kids are more attached to social media than most other things, and those who are just now entering their teen years are even more so.

that being said, aside from the random channel flicking they do from time to time for occasional background noise, most of the youth now are getting their entertainment through Netflix, Hulu, Crunch Roll, and YouTube... ESPECIALLY YouTube.

Kids do not play games for the most part now, as they usually prefer watching their favorite Let's Players and Streamers do it for them.

Most youth do not regularly keep up with whatever mainstream comics and cartoons are in the spotlight, and instead, only tune in when it is convenient, relying mostly on random YouTube reviewers for facts and opinions about whatever shows catch their fleeting interest.

Sure, I have some younger family members that catch Steven Universe and who might tell me that they like a certain character, but the discussion usually ends there. As for the rest of the younger family members, well, they have seen an episode or two, then never tuned in again, and instead will watch some random e-celeb give a recap of an episode.

I am not going to stand on a high horse and say that underage folk are degenerate, lazy, or anything of that nature.

I will however say that every generation is different, and in the midst of a generation, there is often a much more drastic shift in how people are entertaining themselves, and needless to say, with the current demographic that western animation aims for... well, unless you are a random Disney Blockbuster airing on opening weekend, you are probably going to be running into some financial concerns.
>>
>>89509147
Isn't the big reveal that they are decepticons and the autobots are about to attack?
>>
So, could this show get cancelled? Youtubers like the Roundtable and the rest seem to think it's just fine
>>
>>89521533
Anything can be cancelled.

Network Executives have been known to make inexplicable retarded decisions out of nowhere.

Remember that time Cartoon Network went live action?
>>
>>89508242
People here are saying its because they want it cancelled but remember that this is the second most popular show in CN.Killing it would make no sense unless they want to rename the channel to Teen titans go network
>>
I guess my question is, in such a politically-charged climate, would CN dare cancel its most "progressive" show. The fallout would be massive. I can see places like Huffpo with titles like "CN shifts to right wing policy; cancels Steven Universe". Or some equally stupid shit.
>>
File: Garnetwipb.webm (332KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Garnetwipb.webm
332KB, 480x270px
>SU being aired regularly
Does that mean new episodes weekly? Or just reruns?
>>
>>89521608
Yes, they would very much cancel it despite the stigma. Oh a couple land whales bitch about it online but thats a drop in the bucket for these executive types who are probably finding out more ways they can air TTG non-stop.
>>
So, did the ratings actually drop or were they just really fluctuating? Because if I remember correctly, some of those episodes outperformed TTg
>>
Is it possible the crew might actually be close to having the show completely done? Considering they work so far ahead, and it's looking like the second half of the original season 3 is gonna be the end
>>
>>89521608
Maaaan.

I don't think SU is particularly politically charged.

Of course, 'tards on the internet gotta conflate their interests, make everything political.

Implicitly but not actually gay space rocks on a kid's tv show, how fucking scary.

I mean christ, I've been calling cartoon characters gay since I was at least seven.

I mean in the perjorative sense too.
>>
>>89521803
I wonder about this, too. They work ahead, and, as far as we know, Season 5 will probably be the end. They have to be closing in on the finishing line.
>>
>>89521816
I feel like pop culture has become political lately, and everyone that's anyone shoves their political messages into what they watch because not only is it the cool thing to do, but it's almost encouraged.

I never felt like SU was very political at all, maybe the gay thing's different but I don't feel like they're screaming at the audience to be tolerant. Everything's so fucking political these days, I wish people could just enjoy things.
>>
File: 1468132512941.jpg (3KB, 125x113px) Image search: [Google]
1468132512941.jpg
3KB, 125x113px
>>89508811
Oh god, how horrible
Could you imagine?
>>
>>89508947
The only way to make money these days is to perpetuate the autism
>>
>>89521617
the 2 new episodes we know about, then reruns for eternity
>>
>>89521332
>the youngun's have no patience for things!

In my experience, kids watch Let's plays for things they won't play, then actually play the things they want to play.
>>
>>89521608
Literally no-one gives a shit about SU outside a tiny, tiny cliche of people, and even in that the viewing of it as in any way political is marginal. Do you think that, with all the actual political news happening in America, news websites care about a B list CN cartoon?
>>
>>89510093
As much as thats just horrible in terms of disrespect, you have to give props to CN for doing some top tier
That's something we would come up with if they hadn't first
>>
>>89512251
[Citation Needed]
>>
File: IMG_3621.jpg (78KB, 573x432px)
IMG_3621.jpg
78KB, 573x432px
>>89515219
>>
>>89516727
Kek
>>
>>89517579
>After everything is said and done, people will begin to overlook the horrible final season of the show, and instead choose to remember only the best parts.
That didn't happen with GF, people still think 2B is utter shit
>>
Can anyone help me, I'm looking for this little comic of Blue and Yellow Pearl fusing and Yellow getting freaked out after thinking about what the diamonds would think about it.
>>
>>89522570
What? Are you implying someone rules over you? What are you admitting? What are you afraid of?
>>
>>89520949
You don't know how retarded CN people are they truly believe girls don't buy super hero toys
>>
>>89517104
Wait...so, are solid light constructs detacheable then?
>>
>>89517826
I won't lie and say that I didn't laugh or wholeheartldly giggle during particular episodes of SU, but I do whole heartedly think there are funnier cartoons out there. It's just that they either recently ended or went on hiatus. -cough- Regular Show and Rick & Morty -cough-
>>
File: aba.png (786KB, 850x1134px) Image search: [Google]
aba.png
786KB, 850x1134px
>>89519404
We got introduced to the best character in the show yet.
>>
>>89519667
Doesn't Sugar know Aki Takanori? Why doesn't she get a good side deal with Good Smile to get some nenderoids up in this piece?
Yeah, I know, better than nothing but at least we have something good.
>>
Probably didn't help that most of season 4 leading up to and aired during that period was crummy.
>>
>>89521128
All of this missinformations is really making me question CN's credibility in respecting their creators DESU.
>>
>>89508425
Omniverse got 80 fucking episodes. Real episodes, not those 11 minute "episodes" that Steven Universe has. Ben 10 is just made to air overseas at this point, because it's a huge deal in central America.
>>
>>89523608
It's not misinformation. Season 3 of the show was pulling around 1.5, while season 4 has been dipping below 1.3 on a regular basis. Meanwhile Teen Titans Go! gets the same ratings, but costs a fraction to make and does far better in reruns.
>>
>>89523678
I have two smaller cousins, arounf 8 and 10 respectively, and I have only heard shit about TTG. Their favorite words to describe it was annoying and on-speed. I know that these two do not make up the popular opinion or reason as to why TTG has gotten as far as it did with ratings, but it is something that stuck out to me in terms of a genuine opinion about this show.

Do you guys have any siblings or your family that have given you opinions regarding TTG? Like, does its popularity really stick with kids or is there something else about it that I'm not getting?

For the record, both my cousins are girls, were raised on Star Wars, and love metal thanks to their mom.
>>
>>89523002
http://stoneshipmapper.tumblr.com/post/138393933398/the-amount-of-time-i-waste-thinking-about-these
>>
>>89522456
My cousin plays and watch too much Minecraft. Although it's usually go as you say, right now he don't see GTA but also plays a lot with his friends
>>
>>89523611
What's the point of 80 episodes of 20 min if they're aired at 6:00 of the morning and no kid can see them
>>
>>89523383
The amazing world of Gumball is pretty good and Star vs has their moments
>>
>>89512431
"Everyone i dont like is a SJW"
Hey,it work both way,what a surprise
>>
>>89523849
I just told you. The show is made primarily to air in Latin America, where it's a huge franchise. Cartoon Network US just had to air the series once due to contractual reasons with Mattel.
>>
>>89523916
Anon, i'm from latin america they aired the series here at 5:00 in morning too and sometimes at like 13:00 when most kids are still in school
>>
>>89520949
Seconding this, toys and collector items are more likely to be bought by parents or 20 somethings than "kids that save for it" mostly because the later almost doesn't exist anymore & because the current generation's interest is somewhere else.
All of this kinda reminds me of gunpla and the whole culture japan has around it. This is the complete opposite of it from a business perspective.
>>
>>89523997
It aired new episodes every Friday at 1:30PM and were very well advertised compared to the burnoff it got in America.
>>
>>89521095
Steven universe doesn't have any fucking toys besides Funko Pops
>>
>>89508546
They are not paid to think
>>
>>89524061
Don't you remember anon, they stop doing that after the Galactic Monsters arc, then they started to air the rest of the episodes like bombs here too in a shitty schudle were kids are not even home for watch cartoons
>>
>>89524047
Yeah anon, but even collector are not enough there not many toy collectors today and like this guy said>>89524077 SU has funkos at best, it's combination or almost not merch and no one to buy it.

I don't why CN dosen't make something like Garnet fist like boopers
>>
File: 1469177516468.png (606KB, 1128x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1469177516468.png
606KB, 1128x1080px
>>89516888
>Canonicly best gem
>>
>>89521576
>unless they want to rename the channel to Teen titans go network
>>
>>89508242
well, this article was very unsatisfying. Where is this official CN press release? Where is this interview where Sugar comments on the show's broadcast schedule? I'd rather read those.
>>
>>89521128
Maybe ratings work differently or something but those look like very small differences.
Thread posts: 251
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.