[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Captain Marvel!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: marvel.jpg (58KB, 250x387px) Image search: [Google]
marvel.jpg
58KB, 250x387px
Why does DC constantly blackball Captain Marvel? First they keep shutting his comics down & then decide to give up on trying & just change his name to Shazam.Why the Earth's Mightiest Mortal keep getting downplayed & only end up being an engaging character on teams & not in his own series? They spent his whole series establishing his supporting cast & then decided "Naw, fuck it."

When is the Big Red Cheese going to get the respect he deserves again?
>>
>>89496024
To be fair. Most people and normies associate Carol with Captain Marvel. She's literally the first google image. Keeping the name would be a losing battle.
>>
File: armageddon.png (833KB, 736x428px) Image search: [Google]
armageddon.png
833KB, 736x428px
>>89496024
>>
>>89496024
They still can't let go of their hate of the fact he was more popular than Superman at one point.
>>
>>89496406
>Most people and normies associate Carol with Captain Marvel.
I am so glad I am not one of those people, although DC's isn't even on my radar when it comes to that name most of the time.
>>
DC has this thing where they'll throw under the bus any character that might make Superman look redundant or bad.

The only exception being Batman, of course, because he sells. DC's still trying to figure that one out. How to make Superman be as popular as Batman.
>>
File: image.jpg (199KB, 640x960px)
image.jpg
199KB, 640x960px
>>89496024
Sorry billy,But yaas queen won the name in the eyes of casuals forever,Just pray johns writes a black Adam book an lets billy guest star someday
>>
Captain Marvel is a better Superman

You have all the wholesome, hopeful elements of Superman, all of the crazy action and madhat creativity, but you add in an excuse that makes it clear why he's so "naive" and optimistic (he's a kid). Not to mention the inherent added appeal to children of a hero who is actually a kid.

Why would they risk promoting the guy who would basically be Superman++? The one character who could potentially steal Superman's... thunder?

It wouldn't be so annoying if WB want obsessed with MYTHIC and TRAGIC instead of positive and heroic. But since they are, we get neither.
>>
Captain Marvel could fly before Superman was only "Leaping tall buildings in a single bound" & was more relatable w/ Billy. I mostly blame Charlton. They ended up buying up Captain Marvel, wrote NOTHING for him & then just sold him to Marvel when they lost out in the end. They could've just sold him to someone else. At least Miracleman was able to pick up what he started & make it a thrilling logical conclusion
>>
>>89496841
Most of Superman being a wholesome light-Christian moral beacon by mimicking Captain Marvel's purity. Supergirl & Superboy are LITERALLY just Mary Marvel & Captain Marvel, Jr. (they were invented by the same guy)
>>
>>89496841

The Billy/Captain Marvel thing also present a clear weakness. Billy in his human form is as weak and vulnerable as any small kid.

Something much more interesting to explore than the constant use of kryptonite.
>>
>>89497324
I even like how often he'll turn back to Billy at the drop of a hat. Like once Captain Marvel's done, he'll just be like "Job done!" & leave, or even more often "I can't necessarily fit through this hole in the wall...but Billy can!"
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.