[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When was the very first "shut up meg"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: gsaa.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
gsaa.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
When was the very first "shut up meg"?
>>
She was his princess in the first season, not sure what changed. Probably the revival.
>>
>>89494279
I think it was because the writers didn't know how to write her character so they just made her the punching bag. And I guess the gag kinda just stuck.
>>
>>89491963
Looks like it was season 4, episode 23, which was the first season of FG after it was revived.
>>
>>89495818
This.
They admitted in the original episode guide book for the first 3 seasons that they didn't really know how to write Meg, because none of them knew any teenage girls.

I wish they had gone whole hog with Meg being psychotic and barely hiding her hatred for her family, since Stewie hasn't really been evil in god knows how long.
>>
>>89494279
seth mcfarlane aborted his daughter and made meg like the perfect daughter he would have wanted thats why she resembles every sitcom daughter ever instead of being more realistic
post canceletion he found out she was actually born, she had survived the abortion and was now living her life in brooklyn.
He took a plane there to meet her but it turned out she was completely different than what he always dreamed his daughter would be so he run away without a word and became very bitter, bitterness he then took out on meg his fantasy perfect daughter, thats why is peter abusing her most of the time
>>
>>89496490
If that were actually true I would be amused as hell.
>>
>>89496372
Honestly with the episode Don't Make Me Over, they should have had Meg keep her makeover and her music career, would have given them a good excuse to mostly write her out of the show(not to mention save them a lot of money due to not having to pay Mila Kunis)

Similarly there was several opportunities they missed to write out Chris, who they also have a ton of issues writing for
>>
>>89496490
Was the mother his sister?
>>
>>89496673
Chris is slowly finding his niche as an autistic maniac who works for stewie sometimes.
>>
File: 1403962702607.gif (1MB, 200x220px) Image search: [Google]
1403962702607.gif
1MB, 200x220px
>>89496490
>survived the abortion
>>
>>89496777
Hey it happens sometimes
>>
>>89496673
Now that I think about it, since the show isn't about a bumbling dad trying to teach life lessons based off the TV shows he watches, why DO they have Meg and Chris around anymore? Even the episodes focusing on them have nothing to do with Peter or Lois being helpful parents.
>>
>>89494279
There was a recent episode that explained Peter bullying Meg was due to himself being bullied by his older sister, which ended with the show pretty much dropping her punching bag shtick. Hell, they even brought back her friends from the older seasons.
>>
>>89496843
Won't last.
There was an early post-cancellation episode where Peter swears that Meg is his super secret best friend and that he'll literally do anything for her, so long as the family and neighbors don't see.
>>
>>89496819
Because sitcoms that center around middle aged couple s without children tend to be pretty wierd and off putting
>>
>>89496927
But sitcoms that have run as long as Family Guy typically have written the kids out by now. And Chris and Meg don't actually serve a purpose anymore, now that the show is literally "Peter and/or Brain & Stewie have a wacky adventure". All they're there for now is for there to be two other voices to react to Peter when he does stuff. You can literally make them cut-away gag only characters at this point. Or just have episodes where they come home every now and then.
>>
>>89496843
if brian dying didnt stick, this wont either
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.