[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I start? I want to get into alot of these comics, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Gotg.jpg (112KB, 421x640px) Image search: [Google]
Gotg.jpg
112KB, 421x640px
Where do I start? I want to get into alot of these comics, but it seems really daunting on as to where to start.

Would it be worth it to start from the beginning? Or would it be dated.
>>
Guaridans of the galaxy #1 by Brian Michael Bendis.
>>
>>89485812
You're trying to get into GotG?
Avoid pic related, it's shit.
Best place to start is probably either Annihilation not specifically GotG but it helps introduce a lot of the characters or jump right to Giffen's GotG Annihilation Conquest mini. From their you can go to DnA's GotG, it's pretty good stuff. That continues on until Thanos Imperative.
As for the original runs, they're probably worth checking out. They're very different from the more modern takes on the characters, but they're still good. You can also read Guardians 3000, which is a modern comic using the original cast of GotG, might give you an idea of what to expect.
>>
>>89485977
thanks anon. Yeah I figure i'll just stay away from the original gotg for now.
>>
>>89486006
Enjoy then anon.
>>
>Thanos mini
>Annihilation + tie ins
>Nova vol 3
>Conquest + tie ins
>Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2
>War/Realm of Kings (you can skip the Darkhawk and X-Men tie ins)
>Thanos Imperative
>assume everything Bendis and Sam Nova is shit
>the newest Nova
>the next Guardians relaunch
>>
File: 6SMOq.jpg (503KB, 2109x1439px) Image search: [Google]
6SMOq.jpg
503KB, 2109x1439px
>>89485812
Don't read anything post 2011. It's dogshit.
>>
>>89487839
The next guardians title looks like it's going to be just more movie shit.
>>
>>89488096
love you anon in the most manliest way posible
(not OP)
>>
>>89488271
So what do you require for a GOTG book to be good?
>>
>>89491053
A plot would be nice.
>>
>>89491269
Well we don't know a whole lot about the plot yet but it already sounds more involved than anything Bendis did.
>>
File: N7OXfyI.jpg (501KB, 1960x1810px) Image search: [Google]
N7OXfyI.jpg
501KB, 1960x1810px
>>89488096
>>89488483

I thought this was the new one?
>>
>>89487839
>>89492726
This is the answer.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.