[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

More recent than you think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

>Characters you thought had been around a lot longer

I mean seriously look at this guy, would you actually have believed he's from 1988 if you didn't already know?

The guy with the gangster puppet fits in so well with the old late 30's/40's era Batman villains, you'd swear he was created right alongside the serial killer clown and the burnt face gangster.
>>
File: Prof_Pyg.jpg (25KB, 250x345px) Image search: [Google]
Prof_Pyg.jpg
25KB, 250x345px
>>
Kilowog didn't show up until Hal Jordan was 25 years old.
>>
>>89483867
I mean it works if you think about it.
Wesker probably grew up watching Mafia crime dramas so his split personality could represent that person he idolized and even feared.
>>
>Best Goblin didn't debut until the 80's

Huh. I would have thought he'd been around longer
>>
>>89483867
Scarier than rich tuxedo guy with a ornithological theme.
>>
>>89483867
Real Talkā„¢: I wanted Scarface to be the villain in Dark Knight Rises.

Scarface fits in perfectly with the psychological themes of the first two movies; A man with a split violent sociopath personality who retreats behind his subservient frightened side when caught.

It made more sense to me than Bane who was just a brute always searching for more lifesaving gas. They made him smarter and have him a more political motivation for TDKR but I don't know. His legacy was becoming a meme.
>>
>>89484244
His debut defined ASM in the 80s.
>>
>>89484932
>Made him smarter
>More political motivation

So I take it "Batman and Robin" is your only exposure to Bane?
>>
>>89484932
>It made more sense to me than Bane who was just a brute always searching for more lifesaving gas.

I thought Bane was obsessed with beating Batman to prove himself the pinnacle of both mind and body or something like that.
>>
>>89483867
It makes sense to me. Making the gangster a literal puppet is a pretty postmodern idea. The same goes for the mastermind being a totally meek, quiet, understated guy (the exact opposite of bombastic Joker types).
It makes sense when people are looking back on past eras of gangster films & comics alike.

If he were a '30s/40s villain, he would probably be a midget gangster who coincidentally resembled a puppet, and he'd do puppet-themed crimes.
>>
>>89483867
The funny thing about romanticizing Batman as a noir figure, is that old Batman comics really weren't much like what we think of as noir now. Its only later when those noir conventions became readily identifiable that we saw them applied to Batman .
>>
>>89485086
In that one they straight up made him a wrestler.

But I've seen the comics and stuff, sure he can talk and whatnot but he's still basically a big roided out brute who will stop at nothing to get that good gas.
>>
>>89487457
Maybe after his first defeat, where he basically lost his whole gimmick of being the guy who actually was smart and strong enough to beat Batman.
>>
>>89484932
Literally fucking anybody would've made more sense than Bane.

Fun concept characters like Scarface just don't have the marketability that film makers look for, unfortunately.
>>
>>89484932
>It made more sense to me than Bane who was just a brute always searching for more lifesaving gas.
So do you just not read comics?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.