[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/doag/ - Dumbing of Age (is) Grimy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 519
Thread images: 58

File: 2017-01-28-balancing.png (392KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-28-balancing.png
392KB, 1000x333px
Previously, on a very special "Dumbing of Age":
>A lot of shit went down
>But it went down really slowly
>Dragged out over several days
>Nobody got out alive
>They died of boredom

And now, it's lunchtime.

Remember, folks: Dorothy is not only buzzed after her talk with Billie, but walking with enough stability to carry a lunch tray with a burger, drink, and chips, as well as carry and read a book while holding a pencil or pen in her mouth. This is the epitome of white privilege.
>>
>>89465618
I hate everything
>>
File: best_at_licking_the_competition.png (390KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
best_at_licking_the_competition.png
390KB, 1000x333px
>>89465618
Becky *lesbian lesbians* Willis *contentious unrelated debate*

Oh? New thread? Awesome. Here's the new strip.
>>
>>89465737
You and me both, brother.
>>
>>89465741
>Becky seen with lunch
>now at Galasso's for no reason other than to talk with Becky
Does Dorothy even know Becky that well?

Also, Dorothy's problems seem to be not taking Roz aside and asking her to help, putting aside their plastic rivalry for a moment to find a not-really-a-rapist.

Maybe Willis just wanted to give Becky the right answer because Becky is perfect and is by no means fallible.

Also, the password is "bridges".
>>
>>89465741
>dorothy is at least buzzed
>able to balance food on a tray while reading while getting back to her room
>finished eating and studying (?)
>walked to the pizza place to talk to Becky
>still drunk

Welp
>>
>>89465741
The transparent BG in panels 1 and 4 are practically gifts to our friends with 1000+ hours training in MS Paint.
>>
>>89465741
>oh no i didn't ask roz/robin to get his last name
>i wish i knew his first name, what he looks like, what college he goes to, who he works for, or that he frequents parties
I've said it before and I'll say it again, a bored 10-year-old could find this guy.

Some bad writers write meaningless drama that stems from random events rather than personal failings, so characters can't grow.
This is meaningless drama that stems from everybody being so utterly inept, they don't grow even when they can.
>>
>>89465832
>Dorothy is at least buzzed
>still drunk

I know she doesn't drink often, but my god. How long ago did she share a flask (which we can assume is a pint at most) of liquor with Billie? Hours ago at best, right?

With her behaving like she isn't drunk at all, I can only guess the "DRUNK BUBBLES" Willy is drawing are just to preemptively excuse her behavior at this point. I just don't see what behavior Willis is trying to excuse prematurely.
>>
File: whatswrongwithyourfaaaaaaceee.png (46KB, 873x403px) Image search: [Google]
whatswrongwithyourfaaaaaaceee.png
46KB, 873x403px
What's wrong with her faaaaceeee?
>>
>>89466536
>>
>>89465821
We're doing that thing where we skip over important context because Willy's a lazy, lazy man.

Also, did you see Becky's little self-directed pat on the back in the last strip? Yes, Becky, we know that you now have yet another notable role in another storyline that you shouldn't even be intruding on. Stop fucking gloating about it.
>>
>>89465618
I kinda want a picture of Billie seeing Dorothy doing all that stuff while buzzed. "You're better at handling liquor than me too!? KEENEEEEEEEEEERD!" Seriously, though, it's really strange that she's doing all that without any missteps.

>>89465741
Anyway, this is a pretty big time jump going from Dorothy in the dorm to her at the pizza shop. Usually he'd cover that up with a cutaway. This is probably better, although with Joyce and Sarah coming from the pizza place and Dorothy going there, there's probably a more natural pace if Willis had them cross paths outside.

This is a weird time to reveal that Dorothy and Becky know that each other knows about this. I guess when Becky found out she probably heard that Dorothy was there, so maybe she went to her about it, off-screen? Seems

>Every second that dude's out there, he's able to do more evil
Well, Dorothy is actually doing something about that, as misguided as it may be to use Amazi-Girl. She may be stalling on getting the name from Roz, but stopping the dude is pretty much completely unrelated to telling Joyce unless she now decides to press charges (although it would be a much weaker case without physical evidence).

Joyce deserves this moralizing way more. I'm still sorry it happened to her, but her bad choice to not go to the police is still a very bad choice.

I'd like for drunk Dorothy to give Becky a piece of her mind about this dumb rivalry she's got going on in her mind.
>>
>>89466613
Remember also that Becky has a one-sided rivalry with Dorothy over being friends with Joyce. She lowkey hates Dorothy's guts, and is probably trying to push her to do something that will hurt Joyce to get them to break up with each other.
>>
>>89466850
Does she, now? I know there was internal screaming when she learned that Dorothy and Joyce were paired together during an assignment, but I didn't think it was on the level of an actual rivalry.

Mostly because if there is, it sure as hell ain't never been brought up before.
>>
>>89466943
Willis can only write relationships that end in hatred, I think
>>
File: 4rwt6huhrt.png (66KB, 500x261px) Image search: [Google]
4rwt6huhrt.png
66KB, 500x261px
>>89466850
>>89466943
I'd like a refresher on the Dotty/Becky rivalry as well.
I'm not remembering anything too contentious, but I'm often wrong.
>>
>>89465741
Why do they act like he's some sort of super villain? He's a pathetic failed rapist, not the fucking Joker. Contempt is the proper response, not fear.

Besides, he got fucked up the last time he tried raping anyone and now he's being hunted by a psychotic woman in a mask. Reasonably speaking, he's probably scared shitless.

>inb4 he tries to rape someone for revenge or some other contrived nonsense
>>
File: BeckyAndDorothy.png (3MB, 1000x2664px) Image search: [Google]
BeckyAndDorothy.png
3MB, 1000x2664px
>>89466943
>>89467171
These show it pretty well, I think. It isn't that contentious, and isn't reciprocated. It's mostly Becky being insecure about thinking she's losing her best friend, and taking it out on Dorothy.
>>
>>89467432
Huh. I actually forgot that Becky looked like an actual human with eyes that didn't float about on her head for a while there.

Just before internal screaming is where her face went to hell. I'd love if Internal screaming was the turning point, but that'd be too perfect. It was a few strips before it, clearly.
>>
>>89467432
Oh, look, Dorothy is wearing casual clothes prior to gunning for the RA position. Hmmmm, Roz is pretty unobservant.
>>
File: Rape Saga.png (3MB, 2088x1665px) Image search: [Google]
Rape Saga.png
3MB, 2088x1665px
>>89465741
Oh yeah, Becky wasn't around when Joyce was completely fine with letting Rapin' Ryan get away scot free.
>>
>>89467432
Yikes. Don't know if I like that collection of strips. Reminds me of a time when I didn't hate Becky for being a poorly drawn, shallow caricature.

Also, Willis could be the only person I've ever seen to make Cards Against Humanity look just awful and unpleasant.
>>
>>89467572
I'm starting to really hate the black Pacman eyes no matter what character they are on.
>>
>>89467764
This was while Willy was still reconciling the cavalier tone of the Walkyverse with how hard he wanted to fuck his own characters in the ass....emotionally, of course.
>>
>>89467777
That's Apples to Apples, you scrub.
>>
>>89465741
Aww...Becky. You were almost likeable for a minute there.
>>
>>89467764
What do the circles highlight?
>>
>>89465741
I'd never thought I'd say that, but Becky is right, it is a stalling tactic. Way to go Dorothy, that's why you're not Joyce's bestest friend.
>>
>>89465618

Panel 2 is just the weirdest way to shoe horn in a Becky reference they could have done. She didn't ask about Becky.
>>
>>89468378
Everyone used to spend a lot of time debating about what and who was responsible for Joyce not going yo the police right away, so I collected the relevant strips and marked the bubbless where the conflict happens.
>>
>>89468168
>Apples to Apples
Didn't know such a game existed.
Seems a bit stupid to keep selling you game once a better version got released, doesn't it?
Unless you're a small child I suppose, and want to play a worse version of Cards Against Humanity because you can't handle mature subjects yet
>>
>>89467144
That's great news for me and my wife Joyce
>>
>>89470269
>Cards Against Humanity
That game only works if you use the optional rules that let you discard shit hands, have five black cards as the goal, and only play it every couple of months.

Or, y'know, just play Funemployed.
>>
>>89470269
>Unless you're a small child I suppose
I mean, it's made for 4-10 year olds. And sheltered Christian kids like Joyce. There's even a Biblical version!
>>
>>89467958

Probably literally too. At least the males
>>
>>89467432
Christ, what an asshole.
Y'know, in retrospect, the Toedad Saga would have been a great place for Becky to have been knocked down a peg rather than just being validated for her obnoxiousness.

>>89467572
It's because Willis drew her hair as longer and thicker than before. The first two strips have her bangs nose-level, but the party strips have them reaching down to her mouth and covering her ear.

With the final two strips, her hair officially begins covering her eye. And we all know how well that turns out in the end.

>>89470269
Hey, Apples to Apples isn't bad. It's just a variation on the gameplay. Instead of applying objects to situations like in CAH, you apply them to adjectives.
>>
>>89467598
Dorothy is comfy as hell, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
>>
>>89465741

Her slang irks me

I can't but help think that Willy is doing it less to characterize characters and more to be "hip with the crowd".
>>
>>89471764
I think it's meant to play up Becky's personality, whatever the hell that is.
Right now I'm getting vibes of "sanitized yandere" with a dash of "I can say what I want without repercussion".
>>
>>89471764
There's not really much slang here, though. She is truncating words and slurring them together, but the words are fairly standard.
>>
>>89467415
From a criminology standpoint rapists who use intoxicants are not only the most likely to reoffend, they're the least likely to rehabilitate or feel guilt/responsibility for their actions.

Realistically he'd lay low for awhile and relocate his hunting grounds, but realistically all cast would need to do is get the word out that a guy with a massive, noticeable facial scar is roofying women and there is no way he'd be able to get away with it.
>>
>>89472394
Some of Willis' slang is totally babies, right?
>>
>>89472439
Actually, wasn't the guy who was hosting the party making sure to tell people to watch out for Ryan?
>>
>>89472439
Come to think of it, the giant scar would negate the need for roofies in the first place:
>Hey there.
>Uhh, hi. Wait, is that...
>A scar? Yup. Huge, isn't it?
>Yeah! What happened?
>Oh, nothing too bad. Just got it saving my friends from a bear attack while we were camping once.
>Holy shit, that's amazing! What happened?
>Well, it all began when I got back from fishing and had a bucket or two of mackerel with me.

Et cetera. His scar is his ticket to crushing pussy from now on. He should be thanking Joyce!
>>
>>89472658
>Oh my God, what happened!
>There was this psycho chick in a mask starting shit with this black girl. I stop them from fighting then the psycho chick starts attacking me and my buddies.

>Oh my God, what happened?
>I was at this party, there was this chick who was totally wasted stumbling down the hall, and when I went to help her she tried to fight me and smashed a glass in my face.

>Oh my God, what happened?
>I was chatting up a girl at a party when her psycho ex or something jumped me from behind. It was pretty bad, had to spend two days in the hospital for a concussion.

Rapin' Ryan is going to crush so much puss thanks to Joyce.
>>
File: AmberTriggered.png (72KB, 1600x1743px) Image search: [Google]
AmberTriggered.png
72KB, 1600x1743px
>>89472658
>>89472869
You shitlords, Ryan can only get a boner when it's non-consensual!
>>
>>89472637
Yep.

>>89472658
>>89472869
These are actually really good ideas. People like him would just use it to his advantage.

>>89473442
This is probably true.
>>
>>89473442
>>89473552
Rape by deception. Plus the power dynamics of manipulating a woman into sleeping with him through a self-aggrandizing version of him attempting to rape another woman would probably feed very well into his mentality.
>>
>>89472658
>>89472869
Chicks dig scars, but Ryan looks like he's got an earthworm tattooed on his face. That's not very sexy.
>>
>>89474560
We're assuming that Willis' art isn't reflective of actual appearance in-universe. Otherwise Jacob probably has a genetic disorder.
>>
File: RichardScarry.png (75KB, 300x142px) Image search: [Google]
RichardScarry.png
75KB, 300x142px
>>89473941
>Rape by deception.
Does that really count when you embellish or lie about features that people already find attractive? Feels like we're kinda veering into all sex is rape territory, and Ryan doesn't get down with that. He's got a litmus test in his pants that says otherwise.
>>
>>89474679
>Jacob probably has a genetic disorder.
It's called being black.
>>
>>89472394

Her accent or pronunciation, then.

Whatever it is, he does it with too many characters and it gets my goat.
>>
>>89474772

Oh you
>>
>>89474718
Legally rape by deception occurs when the deception is integral to the commission of the sexual act in question. Lying to make yourself seem more impressive isn't legally rape by deception, but fucking your twin brother's wife by pretending to be him is rape by deception. However, he might be liable for civil injuries and it'd certainly work against him in a divorce proceeding.

>>89475031
Becky's way of speaking more resembles a Southern accent than Sal's.
>>
>>89474679
Have you seen what actual scars from broken glass look like? If we're going realistic, he won't be able to pull off the rugged scar look.

>>89474718
It's not rape by deception, but it's about as big a dick move as you can pull while picking someone up without it being rape by deception
>>
File: 139035361828.png (190KB, 373x327px) Image search: [Google]
139035361828.png
190KB, 373x327px
>>89475063
>>
File: Lynch Mob.jpg (150KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
Lynch Mob.jpg
150KB, 1000x333px
>>
>>89476048
>World Star!

The most subtle part of this edit is the best part.
>>
>>89475646
How he scars up would depend on a lot of factors.
>>
>>89472658
>>89472869
I have a pretty jagged scar from my ribcage down to my pubes from emergency surgery. I've tried every embellished and just plain made up story you can think of, including fighting a guy with a sword to save a girl.

It has yet to get me laid.

Real scars are not as sexy as some works of fiction would have you believe.
>>
>>89465618
How can the picture be "grainy"? Captain Fatty Girl took a photo on a modern cell phone all of three feet away from him. How incompetent IS she?
>>
>>89477162
It's meant to be an icebreaker from which you can springboard, not a coupon for free fucks.
>>
>>89477522
I'm pretty sure Willis is using it as a synonym for blurry.
>>
>>89474718
Guy I knew got glassed during a barfight and it was perfectly circular.
>>
>>89477736
Well he's wrong an an idiot then. They're two totally different adjectives for a picture with two vastly different meanings.
>>
>>89477556
An abdominal scar is pretty tough to use as a springboard, to be fair.

Unless you're hanging out on a lot of beaches.
>>
>>89477794
the guy who glassed him was an amateur then. you're not meant to jab with a broken glass you're meant to slash
>>
>>89477992
You can always bring the conversation topic to that, lift up your shirt and reveal your scar and your sexy abs. You have sexy abs, right?
>>
>>89478966
>You have sexy abs, right?

I've been called the skinnyfat body type. I'm tall and have a lean figure, but if I lift my shirt up randomly, my bit of paunch might be a turn off.

It's like the worst of both worlds. No love from fat lovers or /fit/izens.
>>
>>89475457
>Becky's way of speaking more resembles a Southern accent than Sal's.
When I was looking for specific slang usage, I noticed this. It seems like by accident he lucked into a more natural southern drawl* than when he tries purposefully.

*Note, I'm not southern, american or interact with southern americans, so I wouldn't know outside of media representation anyway.
>>
>>89479323
Work on that paunch.

>>89479330
Southern American accents are a family of roughly a dozen accents. The most common you'll hear are Virginian, Texan, and Appalachian. Virginian and Texan are the stereotypical "drawls" while Appalachian is more clipped. The Hollywood Southern accent, the one used by films and tv who don't give a shit about authenticity, is mostly a mix of Virginian and Texan.
>>
File: 1455244049549.png (200KB, 600x452px) Image search: [Google]
1455244049549.png
200KB, 600x452px
>>
>>89472452
It's Babies MacIntyre. Wiigii!

>That was painful to type
>>
>>89481053
>Wiigii!
Has willy used this in DoA much, or has he pretty much admitted it's cringe at this point?
>>
>>89481843
Walky might have said it.
>>
>>89482741
i'd ask for a source, but i don't want to ask someone to comb through ten years of this garbage
>>
>>89482741
Has he though? I'm almost positive Willis hasn't used WiiGii in DoA
>>
>>89482799
>>89483836
A lot of his older stuff is referenced in DoA even if it's not shown.
>>
>>89485765
>Has he though? I'm almost positive Willis hasn't used WiiGii in DoA

>A lot of his older stuff is referenced in DoA even if it's not shown.

How do you reference a word without typing it? Seriously? What are you on about? He's either used WiiGii or not. It's not like "Head Alien", which he acknowledged directly
>>
>>89487428
He could have put it on a shirt or something.
>>
Come to think of it, Becky being jealous of Dorothy and Joyce's friendship could be a good character arc. It would create a new narrative involving Becky/Dorothy, the two of whom interact rarely if ever.
>>
>>89489270
It's about the only arc Becky still has that doesn't involve her being a lesbian.
>>
>>89489647
Even that arc is tainted, because being a lesbian is the most prominent part of her personality, You're left wondering when Becky is gonna dive into Dotty's muff.
>>
>>89490133
Becky will slowly use Dorothy's insecurities and fear of harming Joyce to slowly turn her into a broken, dependent wreck, ultimately dominating her psychologically and sexually until Dorothy lives in a cage in Becky's garage wearing nothing but a butt plug and a dog collar with "Madame President" on the tag.
>>
>>89489647
Except that time when Walky said that Dorothy and Joyce had to pretend to be lesbians for a group project in class
>>
>>89490319
Goddammit, this is one of the few places I go to on the internet to not be horny. Stop that.
>>
>>89490133
Not that I think Willis would do this, but she was kinda handsy with Dorothy early on, and I was half-wondering if she was negging her and was going to eventually make a move.
>>
>>89490319
Great. Now I've got a boner to deal with. Thanks for that. Not even a fan of lesbian porn, but that's the only thing that'll get the job done now.
>>
>>89490469
The only lesbian porn that will exist involving Becky is her with Dina
>>
>>89490719
I'm still anticipating Becky becoming a rapist and going after Joyce.
>>
>>89490414
>>89490469
See the thing is that Becky can't reciprocate sexually with Dorothy as it might give her validation as a human being; so while Dorothy services Becky sexually, Becky forces Dorothy to pleasure herself by humping furniture, after which she punishes Dorothy.
>>
>>89490719
I dunno. I'm getting a serious asexual yet romantic gay vibe from Dina. I'd be shocked if they ever do more than cuddle.
>>89490853
Fucking hell, m8. I can only get so hard.
>>
File: B2-03-04.png (263KB, 1111x333px) Image search: [Google]
B2-03-04.png
263KB, 1111x333px
Hey dudes, you missed a few comics, but here's the newest one.
>>
>>89491007
>you missed a few comics
No we didn't. Didn't miss them at all.
>>
File: _20170128_221501.jpg (38KB, 368x416px) Image search: [Google]
_20170128_221501.jpg
38KB, 368x416px
What is that in her mouth, /co/?
>>
>>89491109
..What is this image from?
>>
>>89491007

>>89491057

Your dramatics a few nights ago makes me wonder if you actually think we kid when we say it's not any good. I'm legitimately confused.
>>
>>89491109
Toothpaste, obviously.
And before anybody says anything, Joyce is OBVIOUSLY wearing a tube-top, having been convinced (or manipulated) into doing so by Roz, who believes that a change in wardrobe is the first step to personal freedom and free expression.
>>
>>89490757
No we already have a racist and he is a DRUMPF SUPPORTING SHITLORD (despite the fact that Joyce is most likely a Republican too, but don't mention that)

If Becky was going to try and sexually assault Joyce it would have been back when she was all "JOYCE YOU MUST BE A LESBIAN TOO BECAUSE I AM A LESBIAN" and really desperate because she was on the run from the Jesus Police after she and her roommate at Liberty University (or whatever) were caught scissoring.
>>
>>89491109
Why would anyone waste good yogurt like that? Did the server use a squeeze bottle? Our triangle smile goddess didn't even catch most of it in her mouth.
>>
>>89490948
>asexual

That doesn't exist. What ever happened to just saying you had a low sex drive?
>>
File: 12514948096926028792.png (346KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
12514948096926028792.png
346KB, 1000x333px
she's drunk and trying to hard. HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>89491253
I had assumed we'd get Becky raping Joyce when the two went to her home over that one long-ass weekend.
>>
>>89490948
Once a week Becky wakes Dorothy up in the middle of the night and takes her for a walk around the neighborhood, making Dorothy "mark her territory" before giving Dorothy her weekly bath.

Don't be silly, Dina's not asexual, she's a sexual tyrannosaurus.
>>
>>89491007
I'd take all the bullshit political talk that happened last thread EVERY thread if it meant you go away forever.
>>
>>89491314
too*
I just woke up.
>>
>>89491314

Willy's is a low, undignified humor.
>>
>>89491314
Why does Grace look like she's about to beat the shit out of Dorothy?
>>
>>89491314
It's funny because Dorthy is a terrible character.

She's only even TRYING to be friendly because she's still drunk.
>>
>>89491513
she has never shown any inkling of liking dorothy and willis is STILL going for 'RAs are determined by a popularity vote' thing, so now Dorothy is trying to imitate the floor slut.
>>
File: beef.jpg (27KB, 480x257px) Image search: [Google]
beef.jpg
27KB, 480x257px
>>89491314
Where's the joke?

Password: I got nothing.
>>
>>89491148
http://rule34-data-007.paheal.net/_images/547f7011041ed2540f11c3c19fb00019/1814243%20-%20Dumbing_of_Age%20Joyce_Brown%20Ronnie%20Ronnie_filyaw%20TheCrazyPartyCo%20Whomp%20crossover%20webcomic.png?

I dunno but it features Ronnie for some reason.
>>
>>89491561
She only exists because of some half-baked body-snatcher alien sub-plot from the end of It's Walky!

What do you expect?
>>
>>89491673
http://www.thehiveworks.com/
It may be a coincidence, but Whomp and DoA are on the same web comics network, The Hiveworks.
>>
>>89491781
>Hiveworks
Which will go the way of Blank Label Comics soon, because everything Willy touches turns to shit.
>>
>>89491781
Well shit. Maybe there was a reason then.
>>
>>89491891
What's Blank Label?
I'm aware of how Blind Ferret collapsed after the travesty of the CTRL+ALT+DEL Animated Series, at least.
>>
>>89491332
Too bad all we got was a burglary and Becky calling Joyce and her siblings nazis
>>
>>89491955
Yeah, but we got the Nazi Josh edits out of it.
>>
>>89491314
Willis clearly hasn't been drunk in almost 20 years (probably since college)

No one feels shame when they're drunk. You don't feel shame until after you've sorted through the previous day's events to make sure the cops aren't going to show up at your door for a crime you don't remember committing.
>>
>>89491574
Willis was in college back in like 1999, maybe that's how it was done almost a generation ago.

>tfw 25 and still a senior in college

My life is amazing.
>>
>>89491955
And now calling people Nazis is a good thing. Maybe Willis was ahead of the curve.

Though he didn't draw Becky punching out one of Joyce's brothers, though. Does Joyce punching Toedad count?
>>
File: 2008-07-22-sdccpromo.jpg (141KB, 500x763px) Image search: [Google]
2008-07-22-sdccpromo.jpg
141KB, 500x763px
>>89491944
>What's Blank Label?

Just a failed webcomic collective that Willy spearheaded for a few years.
>>
>>89492150
Sounds like a trip. I'm gonna have to look into it.
>>
>>89491314
Once again we have teleported between the dorm and the pizza place.

First mention of Joyce taking a science course with a lab and any lab partners about 6 years into the strip. Cool. Also, Joyce sometimes has cognitive dissonance with science. Seems like it would be interesting/funny to cover that, but why would you include more than 2 classes for any student in a college strip.

That five is clearly low.

She really shouldn't be worrying about this dumb RA thing right now. Just ask Roz about Ryan, already.

I dunno what Grace's problem is. Maybe she's pissed about Mandy fucking up her zipper

>>89491658
"labpartners"
>>
>>89491256
That's just because she's inexperienced.
A more mature woman like her mother would never commit such a sinful act, she would get it all inside her regardless.
>>
>>89492150
>Greg Dean

Holy shit. Is that guy still around?
>>
>>89492298
>"labpartners"
Oh, dammit, that IS the password. I accidentally did it in the singular.
>>
>>89492150
>Greg Dean
Jesus. Had to google that one, since I knew I knew the name from somewhere.

Really wish I hadn't googled him. I didn't want to remember that at all.
>>
File: 1469799002081.png (526KB, 750x1409px) Image search: [Google]
1469799002081.png
526KB, 750x1409px
>>89492025
Yeah and we got shit like this

Good times

>mods deleted the BCB threads

At least I have you, DOAG
>>
>>89492504
Yoto's art is worth all the awful parts of DoA combined
>>
>>89491007
For fucks sake, shouldn't you realize by now that we all fucking hate you? Just fuck off already.
>>
>>89492027

Nah, he got drunk on election night.

It was supposed to be in celebration, but it turned out far funnier.
>>
>>89492705
I even defended him posting here for a while, but there comes a point where you just need to stop. Your comic has gotten exposure. If it doesn't survive on it's own, just end it. Fucking hell.
>>
>>89491369

I kinda like the political talk here. It's half the reason I visit; get a perspective on the other side.

But I agree in regards to that godawful "parody"
>>
File: DorothysBestJacobImpression.png (29KB, 95x212px) Image search: [Google]
DorothysBestJacobImpression.png
29KB, 95x212px
>>89491314
I wonder if we're witnessing Dorothy's descent into alcoholism to cope with all this dumb nonsense that is stymieing her all of a sudden.

File name is a square shoulders joke.
>>
>>89492841
Oh god pls tell me there's a livestream archive or something
>>
>>89491314
Fuck you too, Grace. What kind of bitch just stonewalls a greeting like that? Motherfuckers get shot for that.
>>
>>89491314
I think I've finally felt a Willis comic strip take away happiness from me.

I was smiling, read this, and then just felt nothing

is this some form of rape? I feel empty.
>>
>>89491314
>High-Five!

That is clearly a low five. Jesus Willy. Fix your onomatopoeia game.
>>
>>89493084

Wow, you're right. What an idiot
>>
>>89492841
The only time I got drunk for a political event in recent memory was the night before brexit because I didn't want to be annoyed if the side I supported happened to lose

Willis is a moron, you only get drunk after you know you've won. That's why it's celebratory.
>>
>>89492954
Don't forget, Dorothy could be drunk for weeks real-time at this pace.
>>
>>89492954
>Ruth was RA
>was an pretend alcoholic
>Dorothy wants to be RA
>is aspiring to be a pretend alcoholic
>>
>>89493231
The summer I turned 21 I was drunk for weeks real-time if you know what I mean

My mother was not amused
>>
>>89493231
It's insane though, right?

I'm a bit of a drunk, I'll admit, so my perspective might be skewed....but who shares a flask with an alcoholic (who will certainly drink the lion's share) and is still drunk for the next 12 hours??? It just doesn't happen.
>>
>>89492150
Which comic was Howard Taylor behind again?
>>
>>89493415
When I turned 21, I ended up on the living room floor with a cooking pot on my head that my friends thought would be a good barf bucket at the time. Turns out it wasn't.

My mother was not amused either.
>>
>>89492954
>>89492964
Oh God, I realized it all makes sense now. The frustration, the anger, the getting drunk at 11am. There is no RA election, no selection by student services. Unto every semester there must be a RA, chosen by the dorm itself and ruling through hate and malice. Roz will never be RA for the dorm does not will it. The RA position awaits Dorothy to enter its assigned room and take upon herself the clipboard and the booze then stride the halls of Beck and fear shall follow her footsteps.
>>
>>89493519
https://www.schlockmercenary.com/

Had a crossover with It's Walky! waaaayyyyy back in the day.
>>
>>89492027
>No one feels shame when they're drunk.

Pretty sure some people do. Not everyone gets the same kinda drunk.
I think there are definitely some people who get self reflective when drunk.
>>
File: Lord Humongous.jpg (214KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Lord Humongous.jpg
214KB, 1280x720px
>>89493597
If Dorothy wanted to be RA, she should have pimp slapped the shit out of Grace. Only the strong can rule in IU's dorms. That is how the Lord Humongous got his job as RA on a different floor.
>>
>>89493519
Schlock Mercenary. He's pretty much the anti-Willis.
>>
>>89493603
Okay, that explains why I couldn't place it.

I think Schlock Mercenary was the only Blank Label comic to originate on Keenspot that I never read.
>>
>>89493708
So what you're saying is that the rest of the dorm consists of anarchy, where roving bands of underclassmen raiders prey upon the weak and it's kill or be killed? Give me a few minutes and I'll brainstorm up an AU if anyone's interested.
>>
File: 1b2.png (413KB, 500x633px) Image search: [Google]
1b2.png
413KB, 500x633px
>>89493708
>Hugh Mungus as a character and RA in Willy World.

I'd actually pay to see it.
>>
>>89493879
That is the only explanation for Ruth being "the best RA they have" before she was committed.
>>
File: DorothySwish.png (40KB, 121x256px) Image search: [Google]
DorothySwish.png
40KB, 121x256px
>>89492954
I prefer a happy drunk Dor'.
>>
>>89492504
That thread just hit the bump limit. It’ll be back with Monday’s update I’m sure.
>>
>>89494006
God, I only noticed how bad that hand is after I cropped it.
>>
>>89494006
Jesus fuck. Maybe Dotty can borrow Joyce's wrist brace since she clearly doesn't need it.

I mean, cute, but fucking hell. Arms don't work like that.
>>
>>89493905
>>89493708
I'd seen the meme, but never looked into it much. Quite upset that I did.

I think I was just raped.
>>
>>89494921
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UAFJTAcMX0
>>
>>89491314
Man, I've done this sort of awful social awkward shit before.
>>
>>89493719
If he's the anti-Willis, I recommend Dan Shive as Willis' "good twin"
>>
>>89493879
>>89493909
>After a game of Assassination goes way too far, Indiana University has descended into chaos and warfare. Deadly gangs prowl the campus carving up turf and unwary students alike.
>Against this hell stands a lone woman whose heart is as icy as the frigid Canadian north she hails from. She is the last RA. She is Ruthless.

>Ruth "Ruthless" Lessick: The only RA in town, she keeps her wing in order through sheer brutality and fear. However, the constant battles weigh heavily on her and she wonders which will claim her first, the gangs or the bottle
>Sarah: Riddled with guilt after the death of her last roommate, Dana, Sarah shuns the rest of the floor; her self-proclaimed lack of concern conflicting with her desire to redeem herself by keeping Joyce alive
>Dorothy: Driven to make a name for herself in the mean halls of IU, she hopes to ride fame and glory to bigger things in the Ivy League
>Amber: Unstable and psychologically undamaged, she finds herself compelled to remain at the dorms by the inescapable demands of the voice in her head, the sadistic, blood-thirsty Amazi-Girl
>Joyce: hopeful and naive, she seeks to end the conflict through compassion and good works
>Sal: With the only thing shorter than her shorts being her temper, the delinquent Southern belle has taken to danger like a natural. But what is her connection to Marcie, Warqueen of the Roller Girls?
>Mary: She's seen or read every manga, light novel, visual novel, webnovel, regular novel, anime, and film about students killing each other and has an authentic set of Cold Steel katanas. She's got this shit on lockdown
>Roz: Slutty and deadly, you're just as likely to find yourself on her blade as you are her bed
>Carla: Spoiled scion of the Rutten dynasty; to her it's all a game.
>Dina: Some say she can stand in an empty and you'll only notice she's there when she kills you. Some say she eats her kills like some kind of predator. Dina doesn't say much, for now.
>>
>>89493528
You and I are soul-brothers

Unless you are an alcoholic
>>
>>89495858
>tfw dan shive does so many of the same things willis does, but it comes off more as him just wanting to justify his fetishes and be a good person instead of judging people who disagree with him

EGS is bad, but goddamn it's so much more pleasant to read.
>>
>>89496058
I'm surprised you're awake
>>
>>89496375
I have shitty insomnia issues.
>>
>>89496389
o rly
>>
>>89494006
Someone edit a basketball hoop
>>
>>89496058
Right? Like, there's a shit ton of lesbians and obvious fetishes and gender stuff etc, but Dan's not an asshole to his audience and even in-universe a character is not literally Satan for not getting the gender/sexuality stuff (Tedd's dad and Grace's interactions with the FtM character come to mind).
>>
>>89495866
Mary: Just wants to drill and refine oil in her fortified compound in peace.
Carla: There has been too much violence. Too much pain. But I have an honorable compromise. Just pay for my roller skates. Pay for my roller skates, and I'll spare your life. Just pay for my roller skates and we'll give you a safe passageway in the wastelands. Just pay for my roller skates and there will be an end to the horror.
>>
File: 1447390541260.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1447390541260.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>89491057
>>89491165
>>89491369
>>89492934
>>89492705
>>89492872
>all these idiots who didn't filter him
>>
>>89493603
>Had a crossover with It's Walky!
No it didn't.
Only comics that had a Crossover with It's Walky was Fans! and Melonpool.
>>
>>89496862
>>89494006
That is Dorothy beating the Utah Jazz in game 6 of the 1998 NBA finals.
>>
File: 1450287568976.jpg (37KB, 393x288px) Image search: [Google]
1450287568976.jpg
37KB, 393x288px
>>89496058
>>89496890
I'm happy that Dan Shive has a sucessful Patreon.
>>
File: 837.png (173KB, 620x918px) Image search: [Google]
837.png
173KB, 620x918px
Speaking of Dan Shive, his webcomic is probably the only one that can pull off using CGI.
>>
>>89497473
It looks better than most CG comics, but I miss the actual middle-stage drawings.

>>89497443
Rules of art business: If you draw fetish, you'll make bank. Double for furry fetish.
>>
>>89497473
>gender fluid
ffs
>>
File: 1446834921438.jpg (37KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1446834921438.jpg
37KB, 640x640px
>>89497932
I think in this case it's a bit more understandable (because of the whole gender-change beam stuff).
>>
>>89497473
I'm so confused, who is that talking in panel 3, is that girl him? Why did his undershirt change colour? Why did the girl beside him become a different person with different clothes?
>>
>>89497932
Yeah, this is probably the only time I've seen this shit without it being pandering nonsense.
The dude has been changing his gender back and forth for years.
>>
>>89498252
there's nothing not understandable about genderfluidity in other sitations
>>
>>89498379
k
>>
File: sleep tight knight.jpg (94KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
sleep tight knight.jpg
94KB, 960x720px
>>89498281

Notice the bottom part of the panel, the gray rounded edges are usually made to show it's fantasy/flashback stuff within someone's head, not necessarily what actually went down.

The rest of the strip is basically the events as they went down last friday night
>>
File: 1476334835538.png (276KB, 675x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1476334835538.png
276KB, 675x1920px
>>89498459
Can somebody draw this picture but with Mary replacing the knight?
>>
File: ShesReallyGoodAtBBallToo.png (542KB, 509x516px) Image search: [Google]
ShesReallyGoodAtBBallToo.png
542KB, 509x516px
>>89497430
>>
>>89497392

>just ignore the bad webcomic

That point is moot, m8, if we could do that we wouldn't have /doag/
>>
File: 1447942023280.jpg (664KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1447942023280.jpg
664KB, 1920x1200px
>>89497392

>tfw filtered dewd almost immediately after starting to frequent /doag/
>>
>>89499531
Outstanding.
>>
>>89500478
>tfw keeping Dewd unfiltered as a secondary source of comedy
>>
>>89500106
>That point is moot
>moot
who?
>>
>>89500478
>frequenting /doag/
>frequenting 4chan at all
that was your first mistake
>>
>>89503053

I've been here since 2005, more than the entire past decade has been a mistake
>>
Don't mind Dorothy realising how much no one likes her really since she clearly thinks she's smarter than pretty much everyone else. Needs her head pulled out of her ass.
>>
>>89491704
Elaborate?

>>89492027
It amazes me that Dorothy has been drunk for this long.

>>89492298
>Once again we have teleported between the dorm and the pizza place.
It's even more amazing that Dorothy was drunk, went to go get food, balanced a tray, made it past the front desk, attempted to study while she did so--without dropping anything--then left the dorm AGAIN, talked to Becky while drunk, came back, made it past the front desk AGAIN, and is trying to be social while maintaining the exact same level of drunkenness the entire time.

>>89493044
There, there. Willis does this to everyone. It's okay. That's why we're here. Group therapy. Let it all out, buddy.

>>89493708
Here's the real problem. She needs to be almost as bad as Ruth, but not worse. Roz is worse than Ruth, so she can't be an RA. Dorothy needs to become progressively worse of a person until she has earned her mantle.
>>
File: 1455340197184.png (420KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
1455340197184.png
420KB, 1000x333px
>>
>>89491944
>I'm aware of how Blind Ferret collapsed after the travesty of the CTRL+ALT+DEL Animated Series, at least.

What happened? All I know about Blind Ferret is that it started and then... everything stopped.
>>
>>89492954
Goddammit we already have Billie for that role.
>>
>>89506981
they sank a bunch of money into the CAD animated series, intending to make cartoons of LICD, LFG, CAD, and other series.

CAD was so bad and so poorly received that they made next to no money and it ruined the company.
>>
>>89506981
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtsek8E0eNY&list=PL75B661DF2DA77651

This happened.
>>
>>89507065

Thanks for the info!

...I should probably feel bad, yes? A good person wouldn't be experiencing schadenfreude right now, would they?

Then again, it was CAD, LICD and LFG...

I feel so conflicted.

And joyful.
>>
>>89507065
>LICD
It's for the best and they deserve to go out of business after CAD:TAS, holy shit. Any Newgrounds scrub could have made a better CAD series than what came out.
>>
>>89507153
>>89507153
Oh God. I'm twenty seconds in and I can already see the trainwreck coming...

This is *bad*. Animation, voice acting, the writing. This is 'we didn't even try' in animated form. I could go on and on about what's wrong here, but given that it killed Blind Ferret... I think everyone else knows.
>>
>>89507065
>>89507153
>>89507201
>>89507280
>>89507398
I still have no idea how Sohmer expected to make any money out of that dumpster fire - he was charging $12 an EPISODE, when you could get a DVD boxset of that show you liked for about the same price.
>>
>>89507592
I could see that if it were, y'know. Well animated. People wanting to feed starving artists and all. But...

Well. He's no Zone.
>>
>>89507592
>>89507398
Check out the Season 2 episodes. Longer. Worse animation.
>>
https://webcomicoverlook.com/2013/04/08/cad-the-animated-series/
>Despite wanting to be a pro animation company, no one at Blind Ferret Entertainment had any real experience in the animation field aside from watching cartoons growing up. And rather than hire a pro animation director, Sohmer chose to do the job himself. This meant that no one in charge had any idea what they were doing.

>A particularly bad example was when Buckley turned in his first scripts. Everyone assumed that they would equate to a full length episode but only turned out to be five minutes in length. While talking about this to my sister, she immediately quoted Phillip J Fry: “It took me an hour to write, I figured it’d take an hour to read.”

On another note, I looked for DoA on this website out of curiosity, and I found this guest review: https://webcomicoverlook.com/2013/03/07/the-webcomic-overlook-222-dumbing-of-age/
It's not really anything of substance, though. It just goes over the basic history of Willis' past comics and is like "It's not that bad. Give it a read. Five stars."
>>
>>89507808
>Before Scott Kurtz was paving the way for cartoonists to work online,

Kurtz's fat ass didn't do shit. He's still salty that newspaper syndications wouldn't pick up his strips and he ignores anyone who asks if he has anything to say about Clevinger and Hastings being the first webcomic writers to transition to the Big Two.
>>
>>89491007

Don't listen to thee arseholes.

Find a new font, tho.
>>
>>89491109
Stop playing with your chewing gum, Joyce. It's disgusting.
>>
>>89492504
You know who else talked about Hitler a lot?
>>
>>89491109
If this was scaled down to strip size I wouldnt be able to discern it from Willis' artstyle.
>>
>>89509115
Jesus?
>>
>>89497473
>"I have a decision to make."

No you don't.

The entire point of genderfluidity is that sometimes you feel more like one gender than the other, and it just shifts back and forth depending on your mood. There's no "decision" to be made about choosing a permanent form. The very nature of the situation means that neither form is "permanent" for him.
>>
File: triggered.jpg (256KB, 1982x1486px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
256KB, 1982x1486px
>>89497473
>>89497932
>>89509529

How is this surprising? There have been genderFLUID fictional characters since 1987!
>>
>>89509664
>genderfluid
>Ranma

Ranma's not genderfluid, he's a gender bender. Whether he's a girl or a boy at the time, he's always viewed himself as male.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (38KB, 312x307px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
38KB, 312x307px
>>89509664
>>89509709
>not understanding puns
>>
>>89509735
It'd work better if it were actually punny.
>>
>>89509664

No, I'm not gonna be able to get over this, I don't even CARE that much about whether or not someone ascribes to the nonbinary view of gender but you can't say that someone is nonbinary and THEN say that they need to choose a "default" sex, that defeats the entire fucking purpose of defining someone as part of it.

Like jesus, somebody talk to Dan here, he's gonna fuck himself on this if no one talks to him about it.
>>
>>89510006
Maybe the character has come to the realization that non-binary is completely bullshit?
>>
>>89510071
>>89510006
Well, Tedd might be losing the magic that lets him switch back and forth at will, so it seems pretty reasonable to me that he needs to decide one way or the other while he's still got the power to choose.
>>
>>89511121
Couldn't he just use his sex change guns?
>>
>>89511140
Heck if I know. I think the guns are only temporary unless you're part alien? I can't keep Dan's Weisman-level autistic world building details straight.
>>
>>89511701
They last for over a day at a time, IIRC (Then again, I haven't read the comic since... '04? '05?) so some booster shots shouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.
>>
>>89473941
>>89475457
To be more specific, the only form of deception that counts as rape is outright pretending to be someone else. You could lie about how you're secretly a rich billionaire who's sperm cures cancer and who wants to give a castle to his girlfriend and it still wouldn't be legally rape. But if you pretended to be Benedict Cumberbatch, that's a different matter entirely.
>>
>>89512654
>the only form of deception that counts as rape is outright pretending to be someone else
What about ladyboys and traps, then?

Is being a trap tantamount to being a professional rapist?
>>
>>89513987
Only if the trap sucks cock before his partner realizes they're fucking a man.

I dunno how you'd miss the dick before fucking him otherwise. If you get him naked, see he's a trap/ladyboy, and then fuck him, it's no longer rape because you knew you were pounding a guy.
>>
>>89514051
Does a dark room+anal sex=being raped by a trap? I can't believe it's never happened.

Proud to say I've never really thought about it, but can someone doing willful and enthusiastic penetration really ever be considered raped?
>>
>>89514212

If two drunk people consenting to have sex means the guy is a rapist then don't see why what you said wouldn't be considered rape, too.
>>
>>89513987
no, "pretending to be someone else" means an actual specific person
>>
>>89514212
>not giving your gal a reach-around while you bundle her bunghole and give her grundle a fondle with your ballsack like a backboard
Virgin confirmed. Gotta make it the old big one in the stink, five in the sink, let it leak and make her drink.
>>
>>89514398
If my name is Willy Wonka, but I put on a dark wig and dress as a chick and say my name is Mila, what does it matter if I say my last name is Kunis? Deception is deception. The only question is if gender deception is rape. Identity deception hardly factors into it imo. People lie about their stature on dates all the time. If you have a knob or a cunt seems a bit more important than your name when it comes to consenting to sex.
>>89514397
Apples to oranges again. I don't think intoxication can be compared to whether or not you have a cock.
>>
>>89492705

I tried entering his trip in the block function but it doesnt work
>>
File: 57963686.jpg (91KB, 350x524px) Image search: [Google]
57963686.jpg
91KB, 350x524px
>>89514538
>not giving your gal a reach-around while you bundle her bunghole and give her grundle a fondle with your ballsack like a backboard

That is fucking pottery m8.
>>
>>89514615
>I don't think intoxication can be compared to whether or not you have a cock.

Irrelevant. If one retarded situation can be considered rape, so can another.
>>
>>89514615
i honestly dont see why any of it should matter, if you dont figure it out during the sex itself then it clearly didnt make a big difference

the deception thing generally only comes up with like, people sneaking into someones bedroom and pretending to be their husband or something im pretty sure
>>
>>89514830
>>89514924
Well when you phrase it like that, I suppose we all agree.
>>
>>89514830
but intoxication isn't a retarded situation- consent literally cannot be given
>>
>>89515626
If I can be charged with a DUI, but also legally can't give consent while drunk, then the law is contradicting itself.
>>
>>89515626

The retardation comes from the fact that even if both parties are intoxicated, only the female is incapable of giving consent.
>>
>>89497392

Ive tried. It doesnt work. Why?
>>
>>89508092

When Kurtz won some big award he spent an entire Sunday format strip GLOATING and laughing in the faces of any critics.

Didnt bother to thank the people giving the award, his wife, family or even his fans.

Stopped reading the strip after that.
>>
>>89516456
Man, I don't think I even remember that.

Sounds about right for him, though.
>>
>>89516472

He had Brent doing the gloating. Pardon me for not being more specific.

But while being a dick is Brent's thing, we all know he's speaking what Scott truly felt.
>>
File: 9652834376972655187.png (362KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
9652834376972655187.png
362KB, 1000x333px
>>its fucking nothing
>>
>>89516894
If I ever got the chance, I'm pretty sure I'd strangle Willis. He's earned it, right?
>>
>>89516894

Cue Drunk Dorothy getting brutally honest with Walky and starting relationship drama in 3...2...
>>
>>89516894
From Pokemon Go to Kelis' "My Milkshake", Willis knows how to traverse the gamut of popular culture references.
>>
>>89516941
Yeah fat chance.

Walky is Willis' masturbatory self insert. This is why Dorothy puts up with all his bullshit and understands that he's actually wonderful but has to try so hard to express it.

If you guys thought Becky and Dina was devoid of any substance then strap the fuck in.
>>
>>89516894
will Dorothy have a moment of self-awareness when she decides to hide her drinking from Walky "the not-as-brown" Walkerton?

or will she continue to be hypocritically self-absorbed?

my money is on a smash-cut away followed by this never coming up again.
>>
>>89517031
Why would she hide her drinking?
>>
>>89509529
I'm assuming Tedd's trying to decide whether or not to come out to his dad/present as feminine at school.
>>
>>89516894
Also, as one could easily assume, the password is "milkshake".

Come to think of it, how come Walky gets a free pass at being a literal cartoon character, anyways?
>>
>>89517198
Okay tell me how to access the page on the actual website. I want to see if this works.
>>
>>89517283
http://dumbingofage.com/comics/2017-01-31-milkshake.png

It's as easy as that.
>>
>>89517327
But there's no way to check anything outside of
Patreon strips.

Hurry up with that python script anon. I'm bored.
>>
>>89517376
Yeah, I still need to work on that. Sorry.
You can always pass the time by imagining how Carla and Mary have sex in public.
>>
>>89517198
>Reminder that Willis recently had a well done set of strips with Walky actually being an adult and smartening up, but it was all scrapped in favor of more "Mary is the real villain" plot.
>>
>>89517406
You will never see anything like that.

This strip is the holding pattern for Walky for the rest of eternity. He puts no effort into anything, every once in a while he'll say something nice, and then Dorothy rewards him with sex.
>>
>>89517425
Pavlov's vagina?
>>
>>89517198
when all the characters are Willis none of them are
>>
File: MoreLikeWontis.png (155KB, 599x333px) Image search: [Google]
MoreLikeWontis.png
155KB, 599x333px
>>89516894
"Man, my milkshake sure brings all the girls to the yard, huh?" said no one ever in the history of all human existence.

And then he brings it up to drink saying (bolded for emphasis) "Well you can't have any, it's mine" (no ending punctuation). And Dorothy smirks, even though she either already saw it and should be smirking in panel 4 or has eyes in the back of her head and can tell that Walky has one.

This is probably the worst example of reaching for a joke ever. Just have Dorothy sit on the bed, and have Walky be a manchild about not wanting to ask how she's feeling. At the very least, if you're gonna do the dumb milkshake joke, show Walky eating fast food in bed. It wouldn't dull the incredible surprise of the last panel and would flow much better.

I saw a video recently about avoiding giving directive based feedback, so I'll try that. What I'm getting from this strip is that it's about how Walky's carefree nature amuses Dorothy, even when she's this down. However, the interaction is very unnatural. After reading, the structure (situation, joke set up, punch line Bad joke. Nobody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.) is way more prominent than the interaction, which takes away from any emotional connection I'm supposed to feel. Also, in this case, the shitty quality of the joke makes Dorothy's response way harder to swallow. My mind suggests other possibilites, perhaps the booze is making her smile at nonsense, she's just relieved herself in Walky's bed or she's thinking about a funnier, better-drawn webcomic with nicely depicted hands. Purpose of strip fails, joke fails, art is passable, but I can't condone all the merch. 0/10 F- I would not like to see you after class or ever.
>>
>>89517050
she's already been doing it all day. hell, she's been to the cafeteria, to a pizza shop, then back to her dorm without it ever coming up. either public intoxication is completely unnoticeable in the "Walkyverse," or she's deliberately hiding it.
>>
>>89518271
Maybe she's one of those drunks where you can't really tell anything's different until she starts puking everywhere?
>>
>>89518485
possibly... but she also got stupid loopy after one drink of... something?
>>
>>89518149
If Walky actually gave a shit about Dorothy, wouldn't he give her a sip of his milkshake? Even a child would help their noticeably-sad friend out in that way.
>>
>>89518587
to him, she's a yappy dog. milkshakes are bad for dogs. child logic achieved
>>
>>89518485
Or Dorothy is surrounded by self-absorbed assholes who don't give a shit about her.
>>
>>89518271
You'd think, with how long she's been drunk for, she would smell like a liquor factory.
>>
You look like you could use a link dump!

---“Joyce and Walky” Dump---
http://pastebin.com/5MwZPhsE

---Patreon-Only Bonus Strips---
http://imgur.com/a/X5kU9

---VA Anon’s generous voice-over work---
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/pi3rlni1v293g/DoA_and_Shortpacked

---Pornographiques---
Walkyface (Walky Performs a Sex)
https://sli.mg/a/OpAn4s
Walkyface on roz (My Lesbian/Once We Hit 88MpH We're Gonna See Some Serious Clit)
https://sli.mg/a/yARBCg
Mask (Mask or No Mask?)
https://sli.mg/a/lJGjvn
Mike and Amber are terrible parents (The Most Epic of Hatefucks)
https://sli.mg/a/om4Xfh
Sal fucks her way to A (Head of the Class)
https://sli.mg/a/yV028q
Lesbians featuring speed lines (Finally)
https://sli.mg/a/Uwz6hW
Ropelingus (To the End of the Line)
https://sli.mg/a/zQiRaN
That one with the dick frotting and a batman reference (Tales of Sinterest)
https://sli.mg/a/gIzMX2

---Pinups---
Dorothy/Walky
https://sli.mg/uRMLDj
Sarah
https://sli.mg/S2fNN1
Ethan
https://sli.mg/SfIpPY
Amber/Danny
http://sli.mg/4iagTF
Marcie
http://sli.mg/apktEi
Grace/Mandy
https://sli.mg/efTFT1
Mary
http://sli.mg/61SJKj
Exploitable Mary
https://sli.mg/a/8WPQhH
Mike
http://sli.mg/etD55l
Billie/Ruth
http://i.imgur.com/Bv9RDC5.png
Joe’s dad/Amber’s mom
http://i.imgur.com/kzhtf6l.png
Dorothy
http://i.imgur.com/SnGu54h.png
Roz
http://i.imgur.com/3EHaPJ1.png
Jason
http://i.imgur.com/l335kUP.png
Masterlist (Roz, Joe’s dad, Jason, Mary, Billie, Dorothy, Mike):
http://imgur.com/a/OXk3P
Free Pinups
http://itswalky.deviantart.com/gallery/37947681/Pin-Up-Week
>>
>>89508639
This. I'm not sure why you keep choosing fugly fonts, but you need to stop.
>>89514212
Actually, it's more likely to be the other way around...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/nov/12/gayle-newland-sentenced-eight-years-prison-duping-friend-having-sex

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/woman-pretended-man-wearing-body-6719202
>>89516952
To be fair, Pokemon Go was actually popular six months ago
>>89518271
It would explain why Ruth kept her job for so long...
>>
Hey! pornanon here! it monday!
http://i.imgur.com/oCUEobU.png
I'm staring to find Walky cute. killmeplz
>>
>>89519654
... What the fuck is that position supposed to be? That looks absurdly uncomfortable for all involved.
>>
>>89519671
I have no idea. I mean, is fingering his ass or what?
>>
>>89519654
I thought for a split second Dorothy was fisting Walky up to her elbow
>>
>>89519654
What? Why would anyone want to do that pose? I can't call it a position, because that would imply it would be sexually pleasing to someone.
>>
>>89519654
how did they come to be in this WWE submission hold with her fully clothed and him completely naked?
>>
>>89519738
thank you, I thought it was some modified Tree of Woe using an actual person as the corner
>>
>>89519654
Was Dorothy supposed to be pegging Walky in the original version of this image?
>>
>>89519654
does he only have one ball?
>>
Is Danny actually autistic?

>Uh, h-hey amber um
>There's uh, like
>Magikarp, over um ya know you wanted ya know G-gyarados so
>Yeah, okay b-bye
>>
>>89519654
Why do Willis' sex poses always look like a capeshit character who just died/let a main character die for the third time in the current continuity?
>>
>>89519878
If anything, Amber should be glad to be free of that guy.
>>
>>89519492
>Walky Performs a Sex

That's not how language works, Willis.
>>
>>89519941
fuck you willis does as he wants

90% of this comic wouldn't exist otherwise
>>
>>89520448
>Hmm, people don't like Becky...
>Well, here's 500% more Becky!
>>
>>89520481
I genuinely cannot understand how this guy thinks.

This is flat out insane.
>>
>>89520621

It's a combination of being incredibly zealous that what he believes is THE way, and having an ego perpetually stroked by sycophantic fans until he can't really comprehend that he made a mistake unless they call him out on it (at which point I imagine he'd go all Handstab)

Becky is a good example. There are some fairly valid criticisms of her character:

>annoying
>abrasive
>made to pander
>an agent of catharsis
>his insistence that "she won't go down" isn't as accurate as "the universe will warp itself around for her", negating his intent to make her someone homosexuals can feel good about themselves through, since that's not how OUR universe works

But his fans are nothing if not stupid, so most won't bring it up in favor of singing praise for his intent. And the ones who do are, obviously, closet homophobes, transphobes, racists, etc. and thus should be pruned.
>>
>>89520621
>Hmm...the majority of people don't like Becky
>wait, they're just bigoted haters!
>See, this small percentage of my fanbase on my heavily moderated forums and comment sections agree with me!
>I'm going to promise that nothing bad happens to her and just keep giving my REAL fans more Becky, just like they want!
>>
>>89520621

He is a man who is fueled by pettiness.
>>
>>89519654
>You will tell me the location of the formula Walkerton or you will suffer my Satan's Claw! An ancient technique that will bring you to the heights of pleasure and AGONY!
>YOU'LL NEVER GET THE FORMULA!
>>
>>89507153

This doesn't work for me at all. I always read Ethan's lines in David Spade's voice.
>>
>>89515668
No, because the man is perpetrating the sexual activity and driving the car- by having sex with the woman, he has already given his consent, because he wants to have sex. Otherwise he wouldn't penetrate the woman.
>>
>>89518149
hey man- these events and people are modled after real life! Just because you never heard someone say that........
>>
File: 1.png (22KB, 675x348px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
22KB, 675x348px
>>
>>89509115

MY MOM!
>>
>>89522788
WHERE IS THIS BULLSHIT FROM!
I may be mediocre at programming, but this still infuriates me.
>>
File: 2014-08-01-comewith[1].png (313KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2014-08-01-comewith[1].png
313KB, 1000x333px
>>89518587
This is a really good point. Once again the joke takes precedence over what makes sense for their relationship. Sure Walky is a snarky asshole, but he has shown an ability to notice when someone is down and act a little more kind, or even just shut down rather than be a dick.

So instead of the joke being at Walky's expense of how awkward he is trying to comfort Dorothy, it's a weird out-of-nowhere reference with a terrible punchline and reveal.

Of course jokes often subvert expected behaviour, but in those cases the joke should be really funny. Ideally, it is funny *and* fits in well!
>>
>>89519654
He put the fucKING FOOT ON BACKWARDS AGAIN JESUS FUCK
>>
>>89522788

>Males are not allowed to use my code

Well that's silly, it was made by one
>>
>>89519654
Willis' porn makes me very curious if he's ever seen himself cum or seen anyone cum for real ever. Don't even get me started on this bridge over Dotty waters going on here, it's preposterous.

I know he has some idea "what is a sexual intercourse," as he has children... I'm just kinda baffled at how bad he is at depicting it.

>>89523243
>He put the fucKING FOOT ON BACKWARDS AGAIN JESUS FUCK
kek
>>
File: sleepy mary.png (4MB, 1787x1059px) Image search: [Google]
sleepy mary.png
4MB, 1787x1059px
>>89498511
I tried
>>
>>89523187
You can even use the joke to make him look like a considerate person.

>My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard
>Looks like my day was better than yours
>You can have a sip
>But if you drink it all I'll have to charge

Childish, joking, and makes him look like he actually gives a shit.
>>
>>89524001
9 outta 10, anon. You would have gotten a 10 if you had used Ronald Reagan or Carla instead of Kamina.
>>
>>89523915
>I know he has some idea "what is a sexual intercourse," as he has children... I'm just kinda baffled at how bad he is at depicting it.

Remember that every single character represents a facet of Willis. Now remember that Galasso is completely ignorant and bewildered about sex and has trouble distinguishing between male and female.
>>
>>89516315
You're not doing it right.
Either that or dewd is bribing 4chan x not to block him.
>>
File: 1449223932295.jpg (139KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1449223932295.jpg
139KB, 400x400px
>>89524001
Thank you anon.
>>
>>89524212
Well, Mary is an anime fan, so Kamina fits.
plus Jesus is the best anime protagonist
>>
>>89509139
>>89522934
Eva Braun.
>>
>>89521040

THat is so... incredibly sad.
>>
File: Lance Boyle 01.jpg (84KB, 1147x683px) Image search: [Google]
Lance Boyle 01.jpg
84KB, 1147x683px
>>89523476
>>
>>89524305
>Remember that every single character represents a facet of Willis. Now remember that Galasso is completely ignorant and bewildered about sex and has trouble distinguishing between male and female.
That actually explains a lot.

Maybe a genderfluid or otherwise androgynous person should approach him at a convention and watch him squirm as he tries to use the correct pronouns.
>>
>>89526162

Some black guys should approach him and while perfectly civil, stand just a little too close to him
>>
>>89526304

Or act completely ghetto toward him.

See if he calls the cops
>>
>>89516894
Oh my fucking god, the eyebrow is completely unnecessary.
>>
>>89522298
What?
>>
>>89516894
>milkshake out of nowhere XD
I know the song, but there was no setup for the "joke". I don't really get it so I bet it's a throwback to some ancient strip he did.
>>
>>89522298

But he's drunk.

He can't give consent.
>>
>>89527790
Consent doesn't apply to giving it. Only taking it.
>>
>>89526162
He'll just hire Cerberus to be his gatekeeper.
>>
>>89528720
That would require him knowing her as something other than his "transgender fan." She's just as much of a token for him as any one of his characters.
>>
>>89529159
That's okay, Maggie can do all the meaningful interactions.
>>
>>89524177
You think Willis only knows about R&B pop songs from 2003 or before?
>>
>>89529569
He seems like a "pop radio and whatever comes up on Pandora" kinda guy.
>>
>>89529697
This, combined with songs that are affiliated with Internet memes.

Anticipate an incorporation of the Mannequin Challenge and "Black Beatles" in the future.
>>
>>89508092
Does Kurtz still have an enormous body that makes his head look comically undersized?
>>
>>89507808
This review is being too generous
>It’s not that good, but I can’t call it horrible
>honestly it’s just mediocre
>So if it’s not as bad as everyone says, why did it bankrupt Blind Ferret’s animation department?
>a chunk of the comic’s fan base are made of haters who just want to find something to mock Buckley for.

But he ignores his own explanation:
>It’s not entertaining even in a bad way
It's a series whose only job is to entertain; If it doesn't do that, then it is in fact horrible, and it is in fact as bad as everyone says.
>>
>>89531599
What about being so horrible as to be entertaining?
>>
>>89531102
Yes, but not as bad as before.
>>
>>89526733
I wonder how he'd try to spin that for his fans.
>>
>>89533242
Blame it on us.
>>
>>89534770
>The entirety of 4chan is conspiring against us. The sent a black person to me to make me uncomfortable. They are racists, so they assume everyone else must be. What a tragedy.
>>
>>89519654
Jesus Christ, Willis' porn is legitimately horrifying. Not just really badly drawn, but actually terrifying as well. Dorothy's cold, beady eyes and her zombie like open maw betraying an expression of absolute nothingness, while Walky writhes in what can only be searing pain as she forces him to ejaculate his internal organs, or something.
>>
>>89538363
>Dorothy's cold, beady eyes
>expresssion of aboslute nothingness
>searing pain
Pls don't make me think about succubi in relation to Wyllis' porn.

It's already dangerously close to femdom, while avoiding any of the good stuff about that fetish. I don't need other good fetishes getting tarnished by their proximity to Wills.
>>
>>89538363
>>89538487
Succubi would entail the pleasure covering up detrimental effects or an unpleasant end after the pleasure. This is completely different. This would be like summoning the Cenobites except instead of getting the A-team you get the newbie who doesn't really get the point of being a Cenobite but they can't fire him because he's union and also Leviathan's sister-in-law's kid.
>>
Ten minutes.

I predict a smash cut to a different storyline. For some reason, I feel like it's gonna be Billie/Ruth.
>>
>>89539529
I think it'll stay, Dorothy will gush, and Walky emotionally box her out, since he doesn't want to feel like he has to share his troubles.
>>
>>89539529
We could also go back to Joyce and Sarah, switch to Amber, go to Ethan and Mike, go back to Robin and Leslie, or, for the outside chance, Sal.
>>
>>89539708
Cuts to sarah furiously masturbating while joyce lies petrified in her bed wondering if it is sinful to not stop her because she doesn't really want to end up on the list of people stabbed to death with a dildo.
>>
>>89539779
>Joyce awkwardly asks Sarah to teach her how to masturbate because she totally gets it now
>>
>>89539854
I would die of second-hand embarrassment for a fictional character.
>>
File: sad.png (437KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
sad.png
437KB, 1000x333px
This one just feels like Willis having a convo with himself.

Kinda sad, honestly.
>>
File: B2-03-05.png (296KB, 1111x333px) Image search: [Google]
B2-03-05.png
296KB, 1111x333px
Finished this strip.
>>
>>89540331
oh good, and here i thought walky was going to have a moment of growth. can't go one strip without a fucking gag panel, willy? can't let one fucking moment of tenderness happen without a fart joke? odin's open eye-wound, this shit is obnoxious.
>>
>>89540331
>>89539708
>I think it'll stay, Dorothy will gush, and Walky emotionally box her out, since he doesn't want to feel like he has to share his troubles.
So, do I win?
>>
>>89540432
Yep. You win.

Have fun with your prize. It's a crate of misery.
>>
>>89540331
>why aren't I good at everything;the strip;the emotion;the movie; the video game

Very rarely do I call something whiny, but here it is
>>
>>89540331
Walky is just coming off as autistic instead of cute or childish or whatever Willis is going for here.
>>
>>89540374
You posted your comic in a Dumbing of Age thread. Literally the post after an update to the relevant subject matter. You didn't add to the discussion of the thread subject, or respond to anyone in any substantive way.

Almost everyone here wants you gone, yet you persist. What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>89540331
"limitations"
>>
>>89540331
>You can't just have characters say how they feel! That makes me angry!
>>
>>89540602
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFBhR4QcBtE
That reference took me a second
>>
>>89540587
psssst... quietly ignore him like the rest of us. he doesn't post much if you don't acknowledge him
>>
>>89540331
I'm not even clear what failure she's talking about, here. Her failure to connect with random people?

It's not like she doesn't get along with people at all, she's just having trouble in a weird popularity contest that she didn't try to prepare for at all, and for some reason her floormates are treating her like garbage.

I still don't see why this RA nonsense is taking any precedence over talking to Joyce about Ryan. Her not being able to focus on that in the face of this dumb RA plot is really making me dislike her more than anything else in this comic.
>>
Was Willis ever going to write Sal like a normal human being? I mean, basically everyone else is at least "here are my positive traits, here are my negative traits/this makes me happy, this makes me sad," but Sal is just "Ah rahd mah motorcahcle and Ah drank beer outsahd Wal-Mart, grrrr Ah thank yer dumb fer not bein' bummed out all the tahm." I mean, are we meant to believe that Sal, Malaya, Marcie, etc. ACTUALLY just sit around drinking without making any jokes or being even vaguely friendly with each other?
>>
>>89540722
I know, right? You aren't as immediately popular as an oversexualized tramp in a floor full of lesbians.

Boo hoo.
>>
>>89540797
Cool people don't make jokes. They don't smile or laugh or have fun. They sit around looking cool.

Explains a lot about the other characters, doesn't it?
>>
>>89540374
You've improved, Dewd. This art looks way nicer than what you used to put out. It may just be that it looks more stylized, but I think you did a good job
>>
>>89540827
oh fuck off
>>
>>89540826
All I can really see it explaining is that the only people Willis has ever gotten to know well enough to write are basement-dwelling nerds and religious zealots.

I mean, I'm not surprised that he never got past the "fuck you" stage of talking to anyone remotely cool, but he could at least talk to someone who knows a cool person before he writes Sal's strips
>>
>>89540847
You fuck off, I didn't say the writing was worth a shit. I just think it looks nice
>>
>>89540896
>>89540827
Thanks anon.
>>
>>89465741
Boy is this storyline uninteresting. And rapists are awful and all, but there are lots of awful people. This guy is getting undue attention.
>>
>>89465741
Also, i think it's stupid Joyce wasn't actually raped. Yadda yadda thought that counts, but a ton of weight in this story by having the issue being an attempted rape that never even got that far.
>>
>>89541024
>Yadda yadda thought that counts

You say that flippantly, and it's kinda funny for a moment, but isn't that the mentality now?

We're literally treading into thought crime with sexual assault these days.
>>
>>89540722
I chalk that whole speech up to Dorothy being a melancholy drunk.

As for floormates being dicks to Dorothy, maybe they actually do support Roz after she outed her homo sister and destroyed her political career. In-comic, the only criticism of Roz's actions were because she had conspired against her own sister, not that she forcibly outed a LBGT person in the most public and humiliating manner possible. Willis, and by extension, his characters, might not see anything wrong with the latter.
>>
>>89541095
Roofying someone is more than a thought crime.
>>
>>89541107
That may explain why they support Roz for RA, but doesn't explain Daisy giving Dorothy stink eye in the halls.
>>
>>89540331
ohhhhhhhhhhhh! It's really all about Walky being bad at maths. You know, the plot that hasn't been touched on in years

What a fucking stupid way to go about bringing that back up.
>>
>>89541230
Roz's followers have clearly picked sides. She is so pro-LBGT (according to Willis), that anyone who opposes Roz looks like Mike Pence.
>>
>>89540374
God fucking dammit, fucking go away already.
>>
File: penny_for_your_thoughts.png (276KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
penny_for_your_thoughts.png
276KB, 1000x333px
Hey! Bonus strip time again, /doag/! Don't you feel lucky?!? Some extra Willis in your life!

Oh, wait, no, it's just weird and awkward like the normal update tonight. Oh well.
>>
>>89541421
Is that dude Walky's teacher?
>>
>>89541456
one of them, yep
>>
>>89541480
Seemed logical, but the way Walky flaked out like the world's biggest coward during the Going to Class Arc, I had doubts that he could even get as far as ask a teacher for help.
>>
>>89541421
I especially love how Jason's eyebrows and mouth span the entire length of his face
>>
>>89541421
I'm confused, is this Dina admitting to redhead fetish?
>>
>>89541580
>>89541421
I'm confused at the "punchline" as well. Is is a lesbian joke? I honestly don't get it
>>
>>89541275
He pretty recently skipped math class because he panicked. He ran into Becky and Dina's picnic-ish outing.

>>89541421
Dina? Are you okay?
>>
>>89541619
Penny apparently fucks all her students? She fucked Joe, but I guess it's a general trend. Dina is there for normal stuff, but is feeling awkward.

Don't worry, it's not funny even if you know exactly what's going on.
>>
>>89541666
Too bad, Satan, I'm going with Dina is working her way through the redheads on campus and Becky is just her home bitch she keeps around because she knows Becky's too dependent to ever leave.
>>
>>89540827
>>89540896
how? it still looks like shit
cold shit, on a rainy day
>>
>>89541663
>recently
Right. I might've overstated it when I said "years", but it was October of last year when they were picnicking.

Wonka's timeline is absolutely fucked.
>>
>>89541773
Get yourself an upgrade, Dina!
>>
>>89541786
K
>>
>>89541421
I mean, you not one to talk considering you fucked Sal, Jason.
>>
>>89541899
>I mean, you not one to talk considering you fucked Sal, Jason
I have to remind myself that this was days ago in the Dumbiverse.
>>
I have never read a single strip of whatever the fuck this is until today.
My sides.
My fucking sides.
This thread.
For all the wrong reasons.
>>
>>89541972
Welcome to misery central.

I bet you thought those Questionable Content fags had it bad.
>>
>>89541972
you should've been in the last thread

there's a good reason we don't link our previous threads like a lot of generals do
>>
File: 200w.gif (91KB, 200x111px) Image search: [Google]
200w.gif
91KB, 200x111px
>>89519654
What am I even looking at. This isn't even close to sexy. It looks painful.
>>
>>89540374
Get rid of that ugly-ass font. Also, "you're"
>>89540432
Nobody wins with DoA
>>89540797
The idea that Sal is popular in-universe makes no damn sense to me
>>
>>89542652
Willis grew up in the 1980s. Of course he thinks being cool is exactly the same as it was in teen movies he saw growing up.
>>
>>89540331
What does she see in Walky again?
>>
>>89543304
he takes nothing seriously so she thought he'd be a perfect NSA Friend with Benefits

except she just treats him like a boyfriend instead of a booty call

So she attracted to manchildren I guess
>>
>>89543332
Dorothy has high expectations of people. I think she hopes that she can help Walky be less stupid by being around a smart person.

They seem to have a semi-romantic relationship, so it's more than a booty call. But after just a few days of dating, she said she loved him.
>>
>>89540374

Terrific
>>
>>89542076

You mean the political discussion?
>>
anons help me stop reading this. I don't know how to stop. I keep coming back to it and I fucking hate it so much.
>>
>>89545754
me too. questionable content as well. and menage a 3. fuck, i even read a lot of "gene catlow" back in the day.
>>
>>89546061
At least Questionable Content just had a run with being hilariously incompetent. I just fucking hate every single character in this comic.
>>
>>89546061
>menage a 3
Is that any good? I remember reading part of it a while ago and was thinking of going back to it.
>>
>>89546732
no it's pretty bad. they even had to 'sell out' recently by not having any actual nudity because their advertisers didn't like it or some shit.

also the thing i hate the most about questionable content is when dumbass introduces a new character he just obsesses over that character for weeks. then he tells stories about them that i THINK he was intending to stretch out/reveal over a reasonable period of time but he just decides to blow his load in a matter of days or whatever. menage a 3 kind of suffers from this as well. every time a new character comes up suddenly the comic is about that character until something better comes along.
>>
>>89546945
Damn. So no more nudity in ma3? What's the point?
>>
>>89546732
It's... really not.

It's a sex comic with no nudity.

It's a relationship drama with everyone bed-hopping with no repercussions.

It's a comedy when the punchline is 'and then the butt monkey gets it!'
>>
File: Oh, right.jpg (30KB, 360x433px) Image search: [Google]
Oh, right.jpg
30KB, 360x433px
>>89540331
"biggest fish in the pond".. she thinks too highly of herself.

Now, i remember that she dumped her boyfriend because she 'needed to be alone' and then found a new one in 2-3 days..

is there anyone in this comic that is not completely shit?
>>
>>89547321
>is there anyone in this comic that is not completely shit?
....... Dina?
>>
>>89547321
Joe?
>>
>>89541421

So all women in the Willis universe are mary sues right?

Like sometimes their problems are that they are TOO good at something and other shitlords go after them because of it
>>
>>89540374

man this is pathetic, nobody likes this shit and even the people posting positive comments are probably doing it to piss off other people.

Man sometimes I feel bad about not working on my comic but at least I'm not working on a huge pile of ''nobody cares''.
>>
>>89547321
She dumped him because he was a clingy bummer.
>>
>>89547371
>>89547375
Joe and Dina are perfect, but Willis seems to be putting extra effort into making Joe seem like a pervert more lately, probably because he wants to push the Jacob/Joyce thing.
>>
>>89547940
Only the female protagonists, and even then there are exceptions (Joyce, Sarah, Amber). Sierra is considered prime waifu material by pretty much everyone, but /co/ has become more lukewarm when she was part of the public shaming of our other waifu, Punished Mary.
>>
>>89549099
>Sierra is considered prime waifu material by pretty much everyone
Only because Willis hasn't shown enough of her to ruin her.
>>
>>89547993
Pretty much this. She wanted to separate from him also because he didn't believe in her dreams or goals at all. Walky might be an idiot, but he at least believes in her ability to get stuff done.
>>
>>89548597
Eh.
Dina seems a bit too exagerated with her condition.
She's apparently high-functioning autistic, but speaking as an autistic man, it seems quite over-the-top to be high functioning.
>>
>>89543617
>after just a few days of dating
This is most likely Willis fucking up his timeline progression again, given that a few days is months real-time.
>>
>>89552333
I have known multiple high-functioning autistic people. They're the kind of people where there's something kind of off about them (they do tend to have kind of a "look" to them) and be more introverted and eccentric, but what Dina is exhibiting is more like a Chris-chan style "autism + was probably raised wrong"
>>
File: 1450124383512.gif (230KB, 538x538px) Image search: [Google]
1450124383512.gif
230KB, 538x538px
>>89552411
>what Dina is exhibiting is more like a Chris-chan style "autism + was probably raised wrong"
oh man
somebody please draw Dina next to a dinosaur sonichu
>>
>>89547080
this anons sums it up perfectly
>>
>>89541421
The joke is that the redhead teacher Penny is a slut.
That's it.
That's literally it.
The joke is that she fucks her students.
That's literally the joke.
The joke is that she's a slut.

That's the fucking joke.

Okay, so first Willis sees nothing wrong with forcibly outing a lesbian, and now he sees nothing wrong with a simultaneous breach of ethics and treating sexual openness as a joke. What the fuck kind of SJW is Willis supposed to be?
>>
>>89551769
Got any documentation on that? I thought that she dumped him because she felt he would be getting in the way of her dreams, not because he thought they were unrealistic.

Which they are, of course. A female President? Please.
>>
File: Danny sucks.png (467KB, 898x598px) Image search: [Google]
Danny sucks.png
467KB, 898x598px
>>89553063
Here you go.
>>
>>89547321
>>89547993
>>89551769

She can't be the biggest fish in a small pond. Her backstory does support her being anything close. She failed to get into any Ivy League school, she failed to get into any top-tier school at all, she's attending a state university with a 78% acceptance rate, and apparently qualified for no scholarships, grants, or any form of financial assistance other than presumably the government aid everyone gets. If you reread the part where Dorothy breaks up with Danny and ignore the context it reads like Danny is the one with an actual plan for his life and he's trying to subtly get Dorothy to realize that being President is a deeply unrealistic goal.

Also Sarah, but it's not that she's not shit, it's that she's shit in an understandable and humanizing way.

>>89552453
I'd also like to see one with Amber and Amazi-Girl.
>>
Man, what the hell happened to Willis? Roomies was kind of shitty but ok, It’s Walky was actually pretty great, but everything since then has been a steady downward spiral. I haven’t been able to force myself to read through all of Shortpacked! or DoA yet, they just seem somehow very forced and inauthentic, less of the old "I have a cool story I want to tell, while working through some serious personal issues" and more "How do I maximize drama in the most contrived and uninteresting ways". The Roomies characters were caricatures, but they somehow still seemed more believable than the DoA ones, maybe because Willis was actually in college back then and could tap into his daily experience and vent what he actually felt, even if it was bullshit. Now he’s a middle-aged man, settled down, married, and removed by huge degrees from the things he’s trying to portray, and it just comes out seeming false. And with all the self-seriousness of older Willis, there’s no room for either whimsical crap to lead the comic in unexpected directions or the high stakes and sense of loss that the whole alien war thing enabled.

Am I just full of shit in thinking that It’s Walky was actually good, and everything since then has been getting worse?
>>
>>89553302
>Am I just full of shit in thinking that It’s Walky was actually good, and everything since then has been getting worse?

Yes and yes. Though I don't begrudge you or Willis for Roomies! or It's Walky!, a lot of older webcomics don't hold up.
>>
>>89553168
Danny's not exactly wrong, though. He's not saying that her goals are unrealistic, but that the future is malleable and what she thinks she wants could change, whether she wants them to change or not.

Aside: Note the absolute statement of "As soon as Yale accepts me". Dorothy has her mind set on going to Yale, which in a better narrative story would lead to her failing to impress the school (whether it's failing to impress scouts, if they exist, or if her application is rejected).

Dorothy is dumping Danny because he isn't blindly accepting her dreams of grandeur as being a definite reality. She's dumping him because he dared to suggest that she might fail. Hell, not even that she might fail: He suggested that she might change her mind about going to Yale, and that she might want to stay with everybody at IU instead of jumping ship.

If DoA had an actual ending in sight, I could see that happening: Dorothy gets an acceptance letter to Yale, but gives it up because she loves her new friends at IU too much to let them go. But since DoA is never going to end, she's just going to be an 18-year-old girl getting BLACKED every few days.

On a separate note: Why does Willis feel that Dorothy being an atheist is so important to her identity? I mean, if the comic were actually about Joyce and her religion and dealing with a secular generation, then that might be important. But it's become far more than just that.
>>
File: emot-wor.gif (2KB, 46x15px) Image search: [Google]
emot-wor.gif
2KB, 46x15px
>>89553193
You've got a good point that she hasn't done well enough for scholarships to be a thing for her. There is a strip explicitly about her selling stuff to get into college. Although, maybe she was so tied up in the Ivy league application process that she didn't do her standard scholarship applications? Or maybe she got some grants but not enough to cover everything? I dunno. In general, I've found that how much Dorothy actually excels is very much in the background. She clearly tries hard, and she is doing well at the paper with all her super exclusive high-profile articles, but there was also a strip of her burning out while studying, and we never see how well she's doing in class.

All in all, I was just working under the assumption that there was no way Willis would let her fail. so I was basically ignoring any evidence to the contrary, like he will when it is time to deal with that.

The thing with Danny is, he's very much conditioned to think he is not good from his parents treating him poorly, his best friend thinking he's a nuisance and his over-achiever girlfriend likely outdoing him in high school. So, despite the fact that he's at the same school as Dorothy and actually good enough at math and computers to help others and breeze through the basic material, he doesn't acknowledge his own value. Instead he attaches himself to women who are exceptional in his mind. Even doughy, dorky Ethan is this super hot love god to him that he doesn't feel adequate to. (This is why I think Danny and Sal would be nice for him, because despite Sal being this sex goddess ultimate badass cool person in the fiction, Danny has interacted with her as a normal person.)

It sucks for him that he's like that because he could probably achieve more, but at the same time there's nothing wrong with a little humility. (Also, he's right in that his CS degree will be useful even it's not his passion.) However, I think that aspect of him did genuinely push him and Dorothy apart.
>>
>>89553800
I think it falls into Willis not fleshing his character's lives prior to them appearing in the strip. Maybe Dorothy's drive is a more recent thing, like she slacked off her first years in high school but turned it around senior year.

And I think that Danny and Sal would work together because Sal would reject Danny's ideal of her and refuse him the external validation he seeks.
>>
>>89553800
Yknow, I've been following this story through these threads for about a year and never set foot on Willis' site. You kinda sum up everything wrong with him that isn't related to his manchild nature.

He is so fucking close to being good at doing something. He understands enough about character building that this kind of analysis is forthcoming. He knows enough to make characters have distinct voices even if their fucking creepy ass button eyes make it hard to take them seriously. There's a lot of shit he could play off of and though he brags he probably could write drama decently enough.

But he's just SO FUCKING CLOSE, and yet he's not. He fundamentally fails at telling an enticing story. His politics and inability to separate them from his work stain it with overfocus and oversaturation on elements clearly foreign to him. He'll pingpong across characters so often and quickly that reading bit by bit is jarring. He can't go one strip without a horribly forced gag.

Fuck, I want this to be good. Laziness in art and all, I want this to be good. Why can't it be good?
>>
File: Mary06.png (265KB, 679x333px) Image search: [Google]
Mary06.png
265KB, 679x333px
>>89545754
I don't understand: we read this comic because we hate it. Hating it together is the whole point of these threads.

I wonder if DoA is worse than Dominic Deegan, which I read a fair bit of back in the day. Now THAT was a shitty webcomic.
>>
>>89553412
>She's dumping him because he dared to suggest that she might fail.
Dorothy was already in the process of dumping Danny when he said that, she just switched from "let him down easy" to "okay, bye". Dorothy was dumping him because he was basing a whole lot of his life around her, and she doesn't want that. She's worried she fucked him over somehow by not breaking up with him before he followed her to IU, hence the "it'd be kinder months ago" line.
>>
>>89551769

Are you sure that's why?

He never really expressed it if he didn't.
>>
>>89554088
Dominic Deegan is better unless you believe in Death of the Author, because at least Mookie didn't seem like a huge asshole.
>>
>>89554060
You might like some of his older work, before he got on the politics train. (but not his really old stuff, that was just bad.) They were less shitty for exactly the reason that they didn't have that "overfocus and oversaturation on elements clearly foreign to him" - he stayed close to themes he genuinely liked/cared about and frankly the characters and plots were written much better as a result. The forced gags were still everywhere, though, and the manchildness was even stronger. Mid-to-late It's Walky! was still the closest Willis got to something genuinely good.
>>
File: SoCloseYetSoFar.jpg (2MB, 3000x2887px) Image search: [Google]
SoCloseYetSoFar.jpg
2MB, 3000x2887px
>>89554060
>>89554531
The sad part is that we have recent proof that this still applies. Pic related.

>>89554202
That's context that wasn't presented initially. Regardless, I still feel like my argument still applies. Danny sees the future as unpredictable, while Dorothy has a set goal in mind and refuses to plan for any potential obstacles.
>>
>Willis' porn comics are an average of 17-18 pages
>"Welcome to The Fuck Zone" series at 14 pin-ups

One more month, guys. Assuming Willis doesn't decide to create a second "season" or something.

>>89554060
Speaking of laziness, did you know he only starts his pin-ups the weekend before they're due to be posted?
>>
>>89540374
This many comics and you still use your and you're improperly. How the fuck is that possible? How old are you?
>>
>>89519654
why do his pubes look like someone photoshopped his hairstyle down there
>>
>>89554285
>at least Mookie didn't seem like a huge asshole

Yeah, at worst he was inept at handling delicate material and didn't address criticism which puts him wayyyyyy ahead of a lot of other webcomic authors
>>
>>89555238
The first set of strips are so much fucking better it's not even funny.

But we need to see Mary be dumb and have people hate her or else Willis can't ejaculate so let's mutilate Walky's character.
>>
>>89555997
If he really wanted Mary to look back he could have easily waited until after everything went down. It'd also fit better with "the entire floor hates Mary" thing he's got going down if Mary shined her ass following Ruth being taken for observation.
>>
>>89547940
Well, Penny's probably more of a villain sue if anything, going by how she ended up the end boss of It's Walky.

Here, she's almost as irrelevant as Jason or Galasso though.
>>
Awful writer.
>>
>>89558085
You don't need to tell us that. We've had to deal with it for the better part of a year by now.
>>
>>89541421
dina fucks penny confirmed
>>
You know, I only just got into this comic through these threads about a week ago, and I've got to say I enjoy the community here. Ripping something to shreds is fun when you're in a group.
>>
>>89519654
I mean, it would make sense if they were sitting up and she was jacking him from behind but why the hell would he lay on his back on top of her like that?

>>89519492
The Billy/Ruth one is alright, would be nice if he did one between them involving a strap-on; the last Dorothy one is actually fucking amazing.
>>
>>89555868
Because Willis thinks it's funny to do that. He does it in almost every one.

See here for more references:
>>89519492

>>89560260
I agree. As far as hobbies go, this is an entertaining one.
>>
>>89541786
Considering that "I like dewd's art" is a matter of subjectivity and opinion, it's a little silly of me to try to explain why I enjoy it. You, as someone who clearly dislikes it, will always find a flaw with anything I say about it.
>>
>>89542652
>The idea that Sal is popular in-universe makes no damn sense to me
This. Without any of the positive personality traits that would explain why people hang out with her, she's just Mike with tits, a motorcycle, and a nicotine addiction
>>
>>89560150
Dina is a brutal, remorseless lover. Becky is only spared a trip to the hospital by virtue of Dina playing hard to get for her own amusement.
>>
>>89560729
shes not actually popular. she only has one friend. people who dont know her think shes cool because shes hot and on a motorcycle, thats it
>>
>>89547321
Walky, by virtue of the fact that he's a blooter who doesn't do anything. It's hard to hate a guy who just goes to class, watches cartoons, and eats junk food.

Mike, by virtue of the fact that he's SUPPOSED to be complete shit as a person, but then one could argue that he's basically less-funny Wario in the Dumbverse

Billie isn't too awful either, at least as a character.
>>
>>89560868
>Walky ... just goes to class, watches cartoons, and eats junk food.
Except he doesn't go to class anymore. He skipped out on his last math class.
>>
>>89561488
But that's just one class M. Night Famalam
>>
>>89561488
To be fair, it DOES seem to be his only class, other than Gender Studies.

I think the math course, the gender studies class, and the computer programming class are the only classes we've actually seen in DoA. I know that Sarah and Jacob share a law class, but I don't think we've seen anything of the class other than the two of them talking. Are there any other classes I'm forgetting?
>>
>>89561545
pretty sure those are the only classes weve seen, but dorothy met with another of her teachers in a bonus strip (it didnt say what class he teaches)
>>
>>89561545
Pretty sure we've had a strip of Ruth in one of her classes.
>>
>>89561529
In a shocking twist, it turns out Walky wasn't accepted at IU at all and is just posing so he can get personal space away from his family.
>>
>>89553302
Yeah, for all its faults, It's Walky! was fun, something I don't think anyone could really say about DofA.

Not to mention the characters were (eventually) a lot more sympathetic. Maybe because they had something to do, an overarching threat that hung over things and forced them to grow through struggle. In DofA we just have to watch college students have random bullshit thrown at them.
>>
>>89562641
Maybe he's doing what Wilis did when he got kicked out of IU - forgot to register for his classes, and is going through the motions hoping his parents won't find out
>>
>>89562985

>forgot to register for his classes

Who says this nigga aint lazy?
>>
>>89563037
Walky took except to Sal saying she was the blacker sibling.
>>
>>89563715

I was talking about Willy

You know, it occurs to me how unlikely "Walky" is a real nickname for Willis; I doubt he had any friends who'd bestow a nickname of any kind on him.

Besides "nerd" and "robofucker"
>>
>>89563763
I'd guess it's a familial nickname, those tend to be weird.
>>
File: 7062044821837872900.png (464KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
7062044821837872900.png
464KB, 1000x333px
>drunk admissions
oh boy oh god I'm too drunk to criticize this amt
>>
>>89564463
goddamn, Dorothy for some reason is so fucking unlikeable to me

>I'm so drunk
>why aren't I good at everything???
>at last you, boy toy, are to stupid and aloof to have problems
>wait, you're an actual person with concerns and hopes?
>why won't people vote for me as RA????

It just...god I don't like her
>>
>>89564463
He should have cut this after the third panel.
Not the one where Dorothy is speaking, mind you, but the one with Walky's head shot.

Also, when did Walky have an accent?

Also, while I understand that Willis means that Walky is underperforming in his math class, "flunking math" sounds like something out of a high school drama on The CW.

Also, can't figure out the password. I'm getting bad at this.
>>
>>89564463
>last 4 panels are copy pasted
>what's wrong with her neck? why doesn't it meet her back?
>is walky ripping a sweet guitar solo on her ribcage?
>where is the rest of her pinky finger?
>>
>>89564607
if I were to guess the password

Oasis
Unflappable
flunk

have you tried any of those?
>>
>>89564607
>Also, when did Walky have an accent?
He just talks really lazily. He kinda shortens words here an' there.

This is what passes for "casual conversation dialect" in Willis Land.
>>
>>89564729
Negatory on all three.

>>89564738
Yeah, it takes a while to notice, but Willis' characters seem to lack a distinctness in their voice, so to speak. They all talk the same, with little to actually differentiate their dialogue other than where the speech bubble tail points.

Like, if you took a random conversation between two characters and put it on paper, then presented it to somebody else and said it was two completely different characters, there'd be little for the other person to use to deny your claims. Know what I mean?
>>
>>89564794
>Yeah, it takes a while to notice, but Willis' characters seem to lack a distinctness in their voice, so to speak.

that's because they all speak like Willis. All his colloquialisms, all his weird turn of phrases, all his inside jokes he has with his "friends" are all just his voice. There are no characters in DOA just extensions of Willis

Also try

goofy
unflappableoasis
justkidding
failing
hahahaha
incorrect

Just spitballin what it could be here
>>
>>89564607
>>89564729
dogbiscuit
bone
failingnotfailing
>>
>>89564794
>They all talk the same, with little to actually differentiate their dialogue

Yeah, it's almost like they're all from the same state or something
>>
>>89564843
>>89564856
Nope, none of those work.
You're all free to try them out yourselves, by the way. The more the merrier; I just do this for fun.

>>89564843
>>89564859
>that's because they all speak like Willis. All his colloquialisms, all his weird turn of phrases, all his inside jokes he has with his "friends" are all just his voice. There are no characters in DOA just extensions of Willis
Well, yeah, we already know they're literally Willis. You'd think he'd have given them at least some modicum of a personality separate from whatever aspect of himself they are tasked with representing.

>Yeah, it's almost like they're all from the same state or something
So are your friends, but you can still tell them apart when they text you.

Hell, if you don't have friends, just look at us. There are at least 90 of us in this very thread, and you can at the very least tell two of us apart from each other just by the way we talk or type.
>>
>>89564954
Well sure, people tend to text differently. But as far as accents, tones, and slang, they're all basically the same, and if someone put that into book or comic form, I'd hope they'd do as much.

You see this in most normal comics too; I couldn't tell ya the difference between something Superman, Captain America, or Judge Dredd said unless it was something specifically related to something in their universe, ya know?
>>
>>89552984
>The joke is that the redhead teacher Penny is a slut.

Not just a slut, but unethical and a hypocrit. And yet she also has WIllis' plot armor that prevents the his female characters (And the one male pretending to be a female) from suffering any bad consequences from their shitty actions
>>
>>89552984
>What the fuck kind of SJW is Willis supposed to be?

Insane. The 'man' has a seriously warped sense of reality
>>
>>89565076
I don't get the "slut" vibe, more just "she's a girl so all the guys pay attention to her because this was written by Willis"
>>
>>89553412
>Why does Willis feel that Dorothy being an atheist is so important to her identity?

Because most atheists feel that being an atheist is important to their identity?
>>
>>89564954
The weird thing is that Willis used to write distinct characters well, back before 2005 or so
>>
>>89565038
Sure, but even without slang or tone, there is still actual sentence structure to be considered.

One good example of this is actually in early QC.

Good God, it's run so long I can actually call it "early QC".

Anyways, one of Faye's early quirks was that if she didn't feel too comfortable around a person, her language pattern would show this by how she would not use contractions in her sentences. Over time, as she warmed up to Marten, she subsequently became more comfortable and loosened her dialogue up, or whatever the best way to phrase that is.

I'm sure there are better examples of what I mean, but what I'm trying to get across is that it's not that natural-sounding. It's like nobody has to hesitate or think about what they want to say next because they not only know what they want to say, but they know what the person they're talking to is also going to say afterwards.

I dunno. I'm bad at explaining things.
>>
File: 2015-01-27-twelvethirty.png (351KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2015-01-27-twelvethirty.png
351KB, 1000x333px
>>89565128
Nope, she's actually a slut.
>>
File: 2015-01-28-dangerous.png (267KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2015-01-28-dangerous.png
267KB, 1000x333px
>>89565214
And apparently she's able to get away with it Because Reasons.
>>
>>89563763

No, WIllis has been called "Walky" by other TF fans as far back as USENET Beast Wars days.

He really WAS called that
>>
>>89565232
>>89565214
goddamn, Willis is just terrible at writing women

apparently being a "strong" woman to him is being angry and mean
>>
>>89565076
The main problem is that >>89565214 and >>89565232 are her last appearances in the strip, save for the Patreon bonus strip.

>>89565163
How euphoric.
But I'm talking more about how Willis feels that Dorothy being an atheist supersedes her desires to become POTUS. If I had the character bios he made for his latest book, I'd post it here.
>>
>>89565192
>It's like nobody has to hesitate or think about what they want to say next because they not only know what they want to say, but they know what the person they're talking to is also going to say afterwards
I getcha for the most part, but that shows up in most fiction because it was pre-written. You'll rarely see "d'oh duh uhhhh um fuck i mean well" in fiction unless it's a "muh nervous in front of crush/antagonist" moment.
>>
>>89565232
Well hey, there's another class we know of now. I guess Joe has a math course
>>
>>89565441

Can you ever REALLY fathom how a mentally ill person's mind works?
>>
>>89565479
or he could just be hooking up with her

I mean, the guy has a list online you can sign up for
>>
>>89565441
If anything, we should be seeing such moments more often than not. If not outright hesitation, then at least pausing conversation to think or catch a breath. We're meant to see/read these stories as being fluid, ongoing moments in time. Real life isn't as accurate as hours of working on dialogue makes it out to be. Nobody has the right answers all the time.

Hell, even Willis should know that. Just look at the original batch of strips in >>89555238. Walky hasn't a clue what to say to comfort Billie, so he just says what he thinks. Compare it to >>89540331 and >>89564463, and suddenly it all becomes stale. Plus, there's a break in the flow with Walky gloating about his milkshake to him comforting Dorothy, and then back to him fucking his own anus.

I suppose my overall point here is that Willis can't write realistic dialogue, so he just writes things the way that he would say it if he were in that situation. Again, I'm not good at explaining things; I'm especially bad at explaining myself.
>>
>>89565214
>>89565232
Willis really likes the idea of someone being hilariously unprofessional, yet still somehow the best at what they do, doesn't he? Ruth's another example of it. He even seems to go a step further and outright stigmatize professionalism. The guy in those strips is an asshole for pointing out a huge breach in ethics. Mary is an asshole for wanting Ruth to actually do her job.

What's his issue with professionals?
>>
>>89565592
>The guy in those strips is an asshole for pointing out a huge breach in ethics
the guy in those strips is a hypocrite whos doing the same thing and only complaining about her being public about it & getting away with more than he can
>>
>>89565592
It may just be a general anti-authoritarian position. Note how he's often portrayed police as ineffective, while Amazi-Girl (a vigilante working outside the law) more often than not gets the job done.
>>
>>89565637
When are we gonna get to see Amazi-Girl get shot? Or have someone play a Bane role for her without her knowing so that she either gets caught, crippled, or overrun with superheroing to the point that she flunks out of school?
>>
>>89565723
I doubt we'll ever see her get shot, but I do wonder why there is no real-life-villain to counterpart with Amazi-Girl. Maybe that's what Ryan's role is, and why Amazi-Girl is involved in his storylines or whatever.

Once again, comics refuse to use anything other than rape to set up a supervillain.
>>
>>89565769
>comics refuse to use anything other than rape to set up a supervillain
Plenty of comics do. Or did you mean webcomics, or Willis' comics?

And I kinda thought that maybe Ryan was her "supervillain," but he's not even really that. All Ryan does is rape people and run away, he doesn't really pose a threat to Amazi-Girl the way capeshit villains do to their counterparts.
>>
>>89565232
>people like me so if i get caught fucking students nothing will happen!
Unlikely.
>>
>>89565845
It was a joke on how SJW-types complain that comics always use rape as a backstory for female super villains.

And yeah, Rapin' Ryan is barely a rapist, much less a supervillain. Amber's Dad is more of a rapist than Ryan because at least he had sex once.
>>
>>89565845
The last time Ryan showed up, he sicced some goons on Amazi-Girl. He's a super villain.
>>
File: 2014-07-08-peener.png (454KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2014-07-08-peener.png
454KB, 1000x333px
>>89565769
officially, joyce is
>>
>>89565919
Great acting, Joyce.
>>
>>89565888
I mean, I guess that's pretty villain-y, but there've been plenty of capeshit issues that had some unimportant criminal sic street-level thugs on Captain Protagonist, but that didn't make them a REAL villain. I'm talking someone like Joker, or Lex Luthor. The villains who could ACTUALLY fuck up their hero, and unless Ryan invents a roofie-ray, he's far from being a big bad.
>>
File: 2016-09-09-intern.png (416KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-09-intern.png
416KB, 1000x333px
>>89565957
Ryan also has a huge villainous facial scar.

Ryan has patriarchy powers or whatever. Expecting any real drama or stakes from Willis is a mistake.
>>
>>89565254
That's a very common issue in fiction.
>>
>>89555238
>Danny sees the future as unpredictable, while Dorothy has a set goal in mind and refuses to plan for any potential obstacles.
I don't know, I've always seen it more as like any big disagreement of future in a relationship. Say, one person wants to have kids and the other doesn't. It can work out, but holding onto the "maybe they'll change their mind" idea is only going to lead to resentment later if and when they don't change their mind.
>>
>>89566062
Yeah, you're right. I guess I figured a guy who can write Ethan "prattles on about Batman and Transformers for an entire comic" Seagull would be able to do a superhero at least half-assedly
>>
>>89566181
a person who likes cars can't necessarily build one, I guess
>>
>>89565245
But why? Where did it come from?

>>89565570
>If anything, we should be seeing such moments more often than not.
He's gotten in the habit of beat panels recently, so that helps prolong some awkwardness in conversations.

>>89565592
He thinks doctors are stupid for being concerned with he has a seizure and explodes fluids from every orifice. He won't send Joyce to a therapist.

>>89565625
I think Penny doesn't realize what Jason has been doing.

There are too many characters' names that start with "J."

>>89565919
I love how Joyce is a morning person and actually looks tired for once because she stayed up late for once.

>>89566092
Yeah, he wanted a simple relationship and simple life with Dorothy. He was going to ask her to marry him sometime (IIRC), and they would just do the "traditional" path that people are doing these days. He didn't want her to leave and go do "big city" stuff. I think you're on the right track.
>>
>>89566246
Sure, but cars are nuanced and complex. This is capeshit we're talking about. Here, I'll outline a Superman story real quick like:

>a few panels of Kal's ship landing on Earth in the first issue, no text
>fast forward to Clark in his office, spacing out and thinking about his tragic backstory
>"Great Scott! Kent, stop going over your backstory, I have a story for you that will lead to some plot progression!"
>"I'm on it, chief! Jimmy, let's go!"
>Go to Science Industries, Inc.
>They're working on weapons
>"hmmm, something isn't right here!" thinks Clark
>muh x-ray vision
>"Great Scott! They're using kryptonite in these peculiarly green glowing laser guns, who could've guessed!"
>Superman shows up that night to fuck up the lasers
>Goes to harass Lex
>"Supes you dumb faggot, everyone knows that Science Industries is the only rival to my Fuck Superman, Inc. But now I have access to the meme-beam, so thank you!" complete with dick smirk
>"Shit, I fucked that up, damn who could REALLY be behind it?" superman says, ignoring the omega symbols on the guns, the windows, and his own penis
>Turns out Darkseid bought off a terrorist organization
>Cue a few crossover issues
>Jimmy btfo
>Superman almost btfo shoving Darkseid back into Fuck Planet, gets out at the last minute or whatever

See? What's Willis' excuse?
>>
>>89566421
well he's a terrible writer, like bellow the bottom percentile bad, for one
Thread posts: 519
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.