[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /co/ think of Gotham

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: gotham_season_25.jpg (126KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
gotham_season_25.jpg
126KB, 600x338px
What does /co/ think of Gotham
>>
>>89455068
It has it moments. Certainly better acting than in CW DC shows.

A big case of "not muh" as far as characterization goes, however. Jim Gordon is a fucking psycho. Overall, it's like a Batman Elseworld.
>>
fun elseworlds shenanigans, just don't expect anything too serious
>>
>>89455068
A terrible terrible show that just whored out the Batman IP without any respect for the universe or it's characters.

You can make the Elseworld argument all you want but Elseworld's at least capture who the characters are at their core and Gotham fails completely at that.
>>
File: bat approved.png (122KB, 370x264px) Image search: [Google]
bat approved.png
122KB, 370x264px
>>89455068
I liked it. I just sit back and let Gotham take me on a wild ride. Sure I could bitch a moan that it's NOT MUH comics but I don't give a shit because If I want the real shit then I'll just read it instead.
>>
On the surface, it looks like a shitty cash grab plagued with a bunch of "creative liberties" that unreasonably neglect the source material, but for some reason it's still fun as fuck to watch regardless. It's not so much a case of "so bad it's good" - it's just totally absurd on purpose, kind of like a weirder Batman '66 that celebrates the cartoonish edginess of modern comics (or, perhaps more specifically, post-COIE Batman in general). The premise, within the context of the more expansive DC universe, gives it a more off-beat feel, especially since Batman's honestly pretty overdone relative to other heroes as it is.

Overall, it's kind of like the television equivalent to those Edgar Allan Poe b-movies from the 60's that always starred Vincent Price, which always had fuck all to do with the source material besides maybe a couple of key scenes at best.
>>
>>89455123
>You can make the Elseworld argument all you want but Elseworld's at least capture who the characters are at their core and Gotham fails completely at that.
Explain? Other than Babs most characters seem like themselves or becoming like themselves.
>>
>>89455114
Well there show's pretty narmy
>>
>>89456409
>Jim has no family at all, the core of his character
>Barbara cheated on Jim and then went insane, oh and shes a lesbian for reasons
>Montoya, his protege betrays him immediately and sleeps with his wife, her and Jim have virtually no relationship

That's about as far as I got before I dropped that piece of shit.
>>
Riddler is the only good part about it.
>>
>>89458162
>oh and shes a lesbian for reasons
Bisexual
>>
>>89455123
Do you know haw many live action adaptations of Batman exist?

The 1940's Batman serial
The 1960's Adam West series
The 1980's Tim Burton movies
The 1990's movies that some what continued the Burton movies.
The 2000's-2010's Nolan trilogy
The modern Ben Afleck DCEU movies.

And then there are the cartoons that exist from the 60's to today.

Gotham had to do something different with the characters or it would have been a really old and done to death retread.
>>
>>89455068
Garbage.
But enjoyable garbage.
>>
>>89458456
Are you seriously trying to argue that it had to "do something different" when the last live action Batman show was in the 60s?

An Elseworld is fine. Making a generic cop show and slapping Batman character's names on people is not.
>>
>>89455068
>not muh
>>
>>89458529
They have been making Batman movies from 1989 to today with the only pause being in the early half of the 2000's. There have been cartoons that ran during that time as well with BTAS being so well done they got awards for writing and story telling. No one was feeling the lack of Batman content on a screen. If anything its a Batman over saturation that isn't slowing down anytime soon.
>>
Its basically the AoS of the DC shows, meaning its complete shit with a couple supporters here and there but hey i bet you there are some people out there that like to eat shit.
>>
>>89458529
>An Elseworld is fine. Making a generic cop show and slapping Batman character's names on people is not.

I take it you didn't watch anything past season one?
>>
>>89455068
Would literally be better without Batboy and Catgirl. They drag down a very fun show.
>>
>>89459301
If they are >>89458162 then no, because that is the only reason to still be complaining about Montoya. Then again Jim is bad because he doesn't have a family life yet.
>>
People who say it's garbage haven't watched it since S1.
>>
Guilty pleasure, better than Arrow or Supergirl at least.
>>
>>89459857
Been tempted to get back into it, quit early season 2
>>
Love it to death.
>>
I didn't really get into it at first. But have started this season and love it. It is a Batman show. Just with Gordan subbing for Batman because WB were so disorganised with how to manage their properties until Johns.
>>
Have Riddler and Penguin fucked yet?
>>
>>89463066

No, Riddler is trying to kill him now.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.