[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Riverdale Ratings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 279
Thread images: 15

File: CoN0w9AWEAA5SSt.jpg (205KB, 2048x1364px) Image search: [Google]
CoN0w9AWEAA5SSt.jpg
205KB, 2048x1364px
http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/01/ratings-news-27th-january-2017.html

Riverdale ratings are out.
It bombed.

Archie comics on suicide watch?
>>
Not sure what they were expecting with a concept as hilariously off-tone as this
>>
File: laugh.jpg (109KB, 992x744px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
109KB, 992x744px
>premiered at below the CW average
DEAD SHOW WALKING

>mfw Archie Comics bet everything on this
>>
File: 1484863463103.gif (2MB, 285x205px) Image search: [Google]
1484863463103.gif
2MB, 285x205px
>Fucking Supernatural which is on life support had more views that Riverdale
>>
It''s getting good reviews, though. If they remain consistent the CW won't pull the plug on it, as shown by Jane The Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.

I actually enjoyed the first episode, it's got potential.
>>
>>89451080
>Archie comics on suicide watch?

>>89451131
>>mfw Archie Comics bet everything on this

What are you talking about?
>>
>>89451177
>Supernatural
>Life support

Anon, the ratings have been going UP for the past two seasons.

Six more seasons and a movie trilogy on the way.
>>
>>89451187

> as shown by Jane The Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Those shows cost pennies to make.
>>
Aren't CW famous for never cancelling anything?
Anyway I liked the episode, but they shouldn't have called it Archie.
>>
>>89451188
They ended their classic lines and relaunched Archie as a more modern comic after major financial losses to lawsuits from some of the more on the spectrum sonic comics guys who capitalized on a fire destroying old contracts.

The relaunch did not fair well.
>>
>>89451177
Where the fuck can it possibly go?
They were stretching when they had the Leviathans as supposedly a bigger threat than reality warping angels when somehow all they did was eat shit and that was like 5 seasons ago.
>>
>>89451221

>Aren't CW famous for never cancelling anything?

As one of the nine people who watches Frequency, I hope this holds.
>>
>>89451188
Their relaunch tanked, their Black Circle lineup tanked, the only thing that sells are their horror books and they come out once a year, and Sega are supposedly looking into pulling their license.

It doesn't help that on top of that, they're getting sued by old Sonic creative, and their CEO is a retard who's getting some lawsuits on top.

So they bet everything on this one show pulling them out of the drain.
>>
>>89451188

Archie bet everything on this show saving them after the relaunch bombed.

The relaunch comic sales are shit both physical and digital. And all signs point to them losing the sonic comics.

With all the legal problems they keep having, they were betting on the TV show to pull a big audience and keep them alive.
>>
>>89451217
Riverdale isn't expensive either. No CGI, no elaborate setpieces or period settings, etc.
>>
>>89451080
But I liked it.

It 2as actually a well written and paced first episode that set up all the charcaters,therearcs,the premise and setting while also having a self contained story and likeable, yet flawed charcaters.

I actually was stoked for overthe top bullshit and while there were twings of that, it was flavor on an honestly well paced teen drama.

Its like a more comicbooky degrassi.

Heres hope it picks up and/or cw's habit of not canceling shit and loving Berlanti keeps it up
>>
>>89451221
>Aren't CW famous for never cancelling anything?
What is Reaper/Privileged/Life Unexpected?

Although to be fair that second season of Life Unexpected sucked major dick so it deserved to get canned
>>
>>89451295
>they were betting on the TV show to pull a big audience and keep them alive.
What percentage of the money from the TV show do they get?
>>
As someone who regularly watches CW TV live and thus is exposed to its commercials regularly, they fucked up

It's hard to catch the casual fan with you "bold reinterpretation" of Archie if you never fucking mention any character's name other than Jason Blossom in your commercial
>>
>>89451250
How's Frequency, by the way.

I'm one of the few people that watched and liked the movie.
>>
>>89451278
And it only sucks them in further.

So when can we see another "death of Archie" special that just so happens to nuke the rest of Riverdale?
>>
>>89451235
>>89451278
>>89451295
If Archie goes under, I assume someone will swoop in and buy all their IPs, right?
>>
>>89451353
I bet you Warner Bros. is salivating at the prospect
>>
>>89451295
And Archie's FCBD issue this year is a promotion of Riverdale. It would be hilarious if by the time it came out the show has already been canned.
>>
>>89451353
Sonic and/or Mega Man maybe.

I get the feeling the Riverdale gang will remain in limbo, however.
>>
>>89451353
I imagine Marvel or DC would want to get their golden age shit. Although I wouldn't be surprised if Dynamite end up getting it. Their Sega books will probably get licensed to Boom or IDW
>>
>>89451326

It's a pretty decent serialised murder mystery. The way they changed the Nightingale story-line is fairly smart, and the acting across the board was genuinely excellent and way better then most CW stuff.

It's saccharine in the way the movie was, but combined with an actual mystery. It's a little long(it could have been 10 eps instead of 13) but other then that, I'd recommend it.
>>
>>89451353

I can already see the companies fighting over Sabrina.
>>
>>89451377
>I get the feeling the Riverdale gang will remain in limbo, however.
Even if the new comics don't sell, the digest books reprinting classic comics apparently still make money, they even get sold in supermarkets for some reason.
>>
>>89451377
Honestly I doubt Sega is gonna wanna take Sonic to another publisher. Absolute best case scenario is them going to IDW and picking up where they left off with a renumbering (Hell, use 292 as the relaunch base and SU95 as Universe's and it can actually work) and the same creative team but that's unlikely
>>
>>89451317

Not sure.
Rumors suggest they get more from netflix then CW though
>>
>>89451371
Disney would be pretty interested as well. The 7-season Sabrina TV show aired on ABC.
>>
>>89451080
I very much doubt they invested heavily in this. It's more likely they just got a big fat check.

>>89451295
Source?

It's very unusual to hear of a property's owner putting their money in to a show like that. The network's money should have financed it and paid for the rights - ie, paid money to Archie, which they'd get regardless of ratings.

The only problem is that there's not likely to be more money going forward as the show won't continue, but that's not as big a problem as you're making out.

>>89451278
When you say tanked, do you mean Diamond sales or are you talking ABC figures as well? Because Archie is one of the few comic book publishers who sell vastly more outside of Diamond than through Diamond retailers.

I'm sure the Sega stuff isn't helping, but Sega's comics can't be selling that well anyway if they're pulling the license; which means as the license goes, so does the cost of maintaining it: the horror books can be bumped up and sold monthly if they do sell well, so that's literally a solution rather than a problem, and lawsuits are just a fact of life in publishing. Seriously, you get sued by cranks all the time.

I know the Penders stuff looks like it's all gone his way and he's steamrollering everything in his path, but the fact is he's probably going to overreach himself. Going to court is like betting: you do it when you're desperate or when you've got an excellent chance of winning (but a pretty low return), or you do it because you're an idiot. Most people are idiots. Penders... doesn't seem like a smart guy.

Especially since, when Sega takes the license away, Archie then *don't have that responsibility*. They don't have to defend a license they don't hold. They can just settle - on terms that fuck Sega and cost them little more than their own legal fees. At which point Penders will probably sign up, imagining he's going to get his costs back from Sega. But he won't.

He won't.
>>
>>89451432
Oh shit, I forgot that was a TGIF show

There's gonna be a war
>>
>>89451235
>>89451278
>>89451295
Why is the relaunch tanking?
>>
>>89451432
and Josie and the Pussycats is regarded as a Classic Cartoon Network show, so WB would want to have those i suppose
>>
>>89451250
The other three people who enjoyed No Tomorrow are also quietly listening
>>
>>89451187
>Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.

I like that show so much. I though to was doing well...
>>
>>89451472
As in particular reasons? Waid cant write teenagers for shit, Jughead was terrible under Zdarsky, so much that fucking North has actually made it readable, Betty and Veronica is fine, but Hughes on art means it's gonna be a quarterly book at best, Josie and the Pussycats is trying too hard at being "lol so wacky" and failing
>>
>>89451080
Fuck the ratings, I liked this.
>>
>>89451556

>Josie and the Pussycats is trying too hard at being "lol so wacky" and failing

Is it trying to be meta and bizarre like the movie or just LOL RANDOM nonsense?

Du Jour means friendship
>>
>>89451556
>north writes a better reggie/everyomr than waid
Jesus
>>
>>89451630
>LOL RANDOM
This
Its a bennet book
>>
>>89451630
LOL RANDOM nonsense. Had it gone full meta like the movie it'd have been great.

Honestly, the whole relaunch has been a complete disappointment outside of North. And that's something I never though I'd ever say about North. They just picked the wrong writers for it
>>
>>89451645
>>89451670

Ah man that sucks. I love the movie and was hoping that someone else would take that idea of the property and do something with it again.
>>
Nice to see other people liking and giving it a chance. It was getting tedious to just hear /co/ go not muh Archie as it that means anything anymore
>>
>>89451556
>Betty and Veronica is fine, but Hughes on art means it's gonna be a quarterly book at best,
Seriously, do we even know when the next issue is coming?
>>
>>89451908
Just finished it, i liked it a lot. Ultimate CW cheese, but comfily so. Great waifus, fun, evocative direction.

Just finished reading the live thread from last night, man, very cynical here, not used to seeing /co/ so catty.
>>
>>89451187
The only reason those shows survive is because cw is a joint venture between both WB and CBS. They need to keep a certain number CBS shows alive or they get in trouble. Crazy EX and Jane are those shows, so was Reign but I'm pretty sure that show ended.
>>
>What'd you wanna do?
>Anything but kissing cause that'd be gay
Fucking, closet homo fucking on a beach at night is what normies do?
>>
About to watch this real soon, what should I expect?

Because right now I'm expecting a cast of ridiculously pretty "actors" "acting" with overwrought and melodramatic plotlines that hinge on already flimsy and paper-thin stereotyped characters being as stupid and selfish as possible. Also a blue filter for some reason.
>>
>>89451250
Hidden Palms anon here
Don't hold your breath too long
>>
>>89452016
>Anything but kissing cause that'd be gay

As a gay dude that's hooked up with a few "straight" dudes, that's pretty much spot on. I've literally fucked a dude in his ass but he didn't want to kiss because that was too much.
>>
>>89452082
You know what to expect, obviously, as you're shitting on it already. Make sure you post as you "watch" too.
>>
>>89451315
>Reaper
It still hurts
At least Ben is on Arrow now, for better or worse
>>
>>89452109
Don't be a bitch just because the CW has developed a type and Greg Berlanti's shows are similar. I'll give it a fair shot.

Honestly, what should I expect?
>>
>>89452082
>>89452159
>About to watch this real soon, what should I expect?

Pretty Little Liars meets Degrassi with a dash of Twin Peaks
>>
>>89451326
Last night I honestly felt tense in the last 10 minutes
>>
>>89452180
>a dash of Twin Peaks
If Sabrina is actually showing up, that's a lot more than a dash
>>
>>89452342

This. It's pretty rare that a show makes me think it's actually going to kill one of its main characters, but it got real fucking close.
>>
>>89451080
>It bombed.
Thank fucking god
>>
>>89451377
>Sonic and/or Mega Man maybe.

Those aren't Archie IPs, though.
>>
>>89451321
>As someone who regularly watches CW TV

You're either a masochist or a 15 year old girl.
>>
>>89451315
>Reaper

It was a Tyler Labine show that lasted TWO SEASONS. That's what resisting cancellation looks like, anon.
>>
>>89451080
That's what those cucks get for fucking with Sonic.
>>
>>89451371
It would be neat to get a dtv Scooby-Doo Archie crossover movie
>>
>>89451474
Plus they own the cartoon rights to Josie through HB, right?

It'd make sense for WB to want Archie entirely, especially with their HB Cinematic Universe starting up.
>>
>>89451472
Inconsistent quality and sales that don't make up for expendetures.

Also, people like Archie when it's a series of themes and variations or a goofy, radically different take. Horror stuff works because you know the cast and it's so jarring, and tge regular stuff works because it's always a new spin on a classic, but the new stuff is self-serious and generic. Why read a generic book, right?
>>
>>89451499
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend has the least viewers on Network television for two years running
it's my favorite show
>>
>>89452609
>>89451472
I was stoked for the relaunch, the art has been great, and I like Waid fine but why put a 55 year old man on a teen book? His attempts to be youthful read really awkward.
>>
>>89451217

what about Riverdale makes you think it costs much to make?
>>
>>89452654
Archie and Marvel did it for the same reason: they think putting his name on it will make it sell.
>>
>>89451080

>running in middle of the pack for ratings
>bomb

5 seasons and a movie.
>>
>>89451371
WB would almost certainly go after them.
>>
>>89452654
Same reason they opened a kickstarter: Because Archie is run by actual retards.
>>
>>89451630
The new Josie and the Pussycats comic is actually ridiculously good. The dialog is great and the Pussycats play off of eachother better than any Marvel or DC superteam.

Seriously, I could read that comic forever.
>>
>>89451080
They were expecting another gossip girl but got another secret circle
>>
Supernatural is still airing is all I took from this thread. Good lord I don't even see how someone can still be following it
>>
Oh well.

On to waiting for the romance based Cloak and Dagger show bwing peoducwd for Freeform.
>>
>>89452727
>running in the middle on premiere night
m8
>>
>>89451080

People are actually tuning in for this shit? It looks damn awful.
>>
>>89452901
It's actually good.
>>
>>89452899

it's still leader of all the new shows this season, and it had no pre-existing fanbase to run on.

If this ran when they still had gossip girl it would be a completely different thing but this show was meant more for women and network ran off women and has 5 nights of capeshit.

They can't decide what they want to be as a network. You can't be capeshit central and young girls network like they were before. They lost all men they had from smallville and they quadrupled down.
>>
>>89452586
>HB Cinematic Universe

Wait, that's going to be a thing?
>>
>>89452899

to add onto my previous point, the network lead in did a 1.7, they ended the night with a 1.3, and while those numbers are anemic for any other network, it is good for them. To put it into contrast you're going after a much younger demographic. We're talking shit like MTV as comparable where they can't even get 600 to 800k people anymore for their new stuff. This is the network that lead the guido movement with many millions of fans. The same network is now telling white people why they're so terrible for the coming year.

So in terms of competition in young people market, the show will be okay which is why they have little pressure to sell since they know they have their high end branded capeshit that will sell dvds. Their network has a core market cornered, so now they can do as many shitty low end shows as they want.
>>
>>89453009

http://screenrant.com/scooby-doo-reboot-scoob-2018/

The first film is a scooby doo reboot.
>>
>>89451384
I did enjoy how they took advantage of the future being changed by actions in the past. Especially when "Yeah the past is going to erase all of this so fuck it I'm gonna shoot this guy."
>>
>>89451278
Bummer about Black Circle. I actually liked The Shield, but the delays were awful.
>>
>>89451398
I used to buy those as a kid. They were pretty inexpensive for their size. And it's not like I'd read 40+ years of Archie comics.
>>
>>89451177
>Supernatural
>on life support
Good one.
>>
>>89452926
kys
>>
>>89451432
Incoming Archie phase one, and Archie comes with a slew of Golden Age heroes.
>>
>>89453430
That shows knocked at deaths door multiple times.
>>
>>89453304
That's what kills most of their comics. The fucking delays.
AND ARCHIE SONIC KEEPS GETTING HIT BY THEM FOR FUCK'S SAKE GET IT TOGETHER
>>
File: tumblr_o3qi322Ovo1qlcib9o1_540.jpg (60KB, 540x675px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3qi322Ovo1qlcib9o1_540.jpg
60KB, 540x675px
Veronica makes me feel funny in my pants.
>>
>>89453737
is she Italian?
>>
File: 1483830127465.jpg (155KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1483830127465.jpg
155KB, 900x1200px
>>89453848
She's Mexican American.
>>
>>89453008
>If this ran when they still had gossip girl
Did you watch last night? Gossip girl mk 2 is alive and well
>Humble dad has history with rich divorcee
>Blonde with troubled sibling
>Rich bitch brunette
>Absurdly mature teenagers
I'm just waiting for Mr Lodge to be Bart bass
>>
>>89451472
They needed Kickstarter money but they had to cancel the Kickstarter because people complained they were ruining the integrity of Kickstarter.
>>
>>89451080
>Not advertised as a comic adaptation of any sort
>Barely advertised in the first place
>Hardly looks like what it's even based off
>Immensely off tone, judging by the few TV spots that came out/aired
Wow, I'm shocked
>>
>>89453858
>Hardly anyone was triggered/noticed because she passes
everytiem
>>
>>89453858
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YOLB848v8Y
>>
>>89454849
AHahaha I fucking love that song. Cheech and Chong are the shit.
>>
>>89453976
>integrity of Kickstarter

HA HA HA.. Seriously?
>>
>>89456454
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/archie-comics-cancels-350000-kickstarter-796003

read for yourself
>>
File: IMG_4408.jpg (132KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4408.jpg
132KB, 500x667px
>>89451080
>"My brother was my soulmate"
Is there incest in this show.
>>
>>89456875
Possibly why Jason is dead. Everyone but Archie, Veronica, Ms. Grundy and Jughead are suspect. I doubt it was Cheryl, too obvious
>>
>>89453918

I meant for ratings, while gossip girl ran Cw had show with dominate ratings, since it was at tail end of the sex and city era of girls in big city schtick. One tree hill all that kind of stuff.
>>
>>89454763
I've seen a ton of advertising for it, locally anyway, but anyone who does a modicum of research will realize how off tone and over the top cliche it is.
>>
>>89451080
You know I went in expecting to hate this but am kind of enjoying it. I hope views pick up, but I can't even remember seeing this advertised more than twice even on other CW shows which may have fucked it from point zero.
>>
>>89456968
My guess is it was either one of her henchbitches trying to throw her for a loop so they could take over as Queen Bee (possibly Tina Patel since she's a new character and all,) or Jason was in a secret gay relationship with one of the other secretly gay characters.
>>
>>89456454

What's wrong with the statement? It's one thing for small companies to ask for help making a game, or random people asking for help to make random arts and crafts shit. It's another thing entirely for a major publisher to demand charity from people.
>>
>>89457142

/v/ calls it kikestarter bud, they believe the organization and companies that use it are screwing people over more than getting products done.

See chris's giant 100 million dollar game that never seems to close its timetable.

while it wasn't crowdfunded with kickstarter, its the same idea, along with a lot of other stuff people got screwed over on.

I think Obsidian is one of few companies to make a good product using it.
>>
Fuck, they better not can Afterlife with Archie
>>
>>89456697
Shame considering how messed up they got over their CEOs cockup I wouldn't have minded kicking them some funding.

Was it the same kinda spurists that killed off the GI Joe line didn't the enhanced articulation they bitched about since the 25th anniversary figures.

>>89457600
Course that I'd kinda unfair. Obsidian is insanely competent.
>>
>>89458391

I know but a lot of projects have failed outright and a lot of graft has happened, while some refunding happens, it doesn't always since creators have found ways to get around kickstarters legalize and kickstarter has insulated itself.

So the entire thing has advantages but not always.
>>
>>89451371
WB gets Josie and their superhero stuff
IDW picks up the Sonic license
Disney outs a bid in for Sabrina, but at any opposition they decide its not worth dighting for. Probably goes to WB.
Dreamworks or Hasbro or some other bit player goes for Archie himself and whatever scraps are left at the table.
>>
>>89458197
Why does it come out so ridiculously infrequently? It cant be the art, bc Francavilla putzes around doing a million other posters, covers, sketches, etc all day on social media. Im sure he can crank out issues fast enough.
>>
>>89457600
hey, the banner saga was good, and i actually got my promised donor rewards
>>
>>89453737
That Veronica, Wow! I'm a Betty Boy but CW's Veronica...
>>
>>89451445
actually Sonic is still their best selling comic period, that's what's got people so worried about the possibility that Sega might pull the license

>>89454849
10/10 taste anon
>>
>>89453976
archie is ruining kickstarter?

you mean the funding platform that allowed an asshole to get over half a million dollars and then when people kept asking where thier shit was he set it on fire?
>>
>>89451315
>What is Reaper
You bastard I just removed that knife
Why did you shove it back in
>>
>>89453737
>>89453858
I'm gonna do you both a favour.

Look up Miss Noir. Cam girl. Great ass. The best I've ever seen at dicking a dick in the ass. Looks JUST liek her.
>>
>>89451472

As someone who usually hates what Waid writes nowadays, I like Archie. But the initial Jughead comic was bad and they had Erica Henderson drawing it, so it was pretty bad.

Bennet writes Josie, so that's self explanatory. Betty and Veronica is good.

The Black Circle relaunch was plagued by delays, the only thing selling is Black Hood which is now on it's Season 2, really good book.

Shield took a long time to release the second issue, which killed it. There was some spider woman superhero who was supposed to have a book but nothing came out of it, and The Hangman also got killed due to delays.
>>
>>89461156
>Betty and Veronica is good
...but updates once in a blue moon
>launched in july
>three issues have been publishes
>>
>>89461727
>three
If only we were so lucky
>>
>>89452104
>No homo
>>
>>89461763
>check back on comixology
>digital release date is dec 27, 2017
welp, my bad. make that two comics in more than 6 months. which may be why the relaunch is failing, because it's rather hard to make money when you don't have a fucking product
>>
JUST
>>
>>89451556
How does one fuck up Jughead? This is like writing a bad Alfred/Gordon, how fucking dense do you have to be not to get such a simple and delightful character?
>>
>>89451381
The Golden Age characters might be public domain though. It's Archie and his friends that might be more desireable.
>>
>>89462364
Have you never read Zdarsky before?
>>
Wait, didn't Penders start causing shit around 2009? I wonder if that's part of the reason why they moved to try to push Archie in any way they can (ie crossover with KISS, Archie marries Veronica, Archie marries Betty, Life With Archie, Archie's death, Afterlife With Archie, that Sabrina comic, the reboot Archie, etc)
>>
>>89451080
I didn't even see any promotion for this show and only heard about it on /co/.
>>
>>89462473
Zdarsky can do funny stuff sometimes but for some reason I wasn't too keen on his Howard the Duck or Jughead.
>>
>>89459192
>Dreamworks or Hasbro or some other bit player goes for Archie himself and whatever scraps are left at the table.

Universal/Dreamworks would make a lot of sense really since they already own Filmation's Archie shows through their ownership of ClassicMedia anyway. Plus it'd fit in with their recent pattern of buying old characters with the intent of mining them for nostalgia.
>>
>>89462521
>I didn't even see any promotion for this show and only heard about it on /co/.
welcome to CW's midseason series. once the 100 got over it's "we're back bitches" hump, it was fantastic, but you'd be hard pressed to find evidence that the cw was even airing it
>>
Welp.

There goes the Sonic comic.
>>
>>89462792
Weren't you fucking ecstatic for it's ending?
>>
>>89463037

I'm ultimately indifferent, although I sure as fuck won't miss Sally.

Just saying, this definitely sealed its fate.
>>
File: it. shock.jpg (47KB, 457x420px) Image search: [Google]
it. shock.jpg
47KB, 457x420px
>>89463076
Right, you hated Sally. The reason you gave was something along the lines of "girls are icky", right? If I'm wrong please correct me, and please go into detail on why exactly you don't like her, or any other Sonic character. I am sincerely curious.
>>
>>89463147

Nah, that would be derailing the thread. And I don't feel like it.
>>
>>89452385
The story is that she doesn't show up until the end of the season.

I feel like Riverdale would have been better accepted if they started with the season finale and spent the rest of the season doing what they plan to do with season 2.
>>
Honestly, it sucks that Archie Comics is probably going to fold. I wanted to write a miniseries with Pepper and Sock in which Pepper was a campus SJW-type activist and Sock was a political apathetic. The low-concept story would be their two learning to understand each other, and the high-concept story would be a crash course in Socratic philosophy.
>>
>>89451472
Because it's shit. I say this as a really big Archie fan.

Archie is hilarious when it rides the line between wholesome and impure. When you do a double take because you're not sure if your mind is the gutter or the writer is. When they break the fourth wall so naturally you almost miss it. The best stories are the ones where the five are working together or at least friendly. No bullshit extra drama.

I dropped the relaunch after a few issues. I clung to Jughead which is FINALLY starting to get where it should be. fuck all if B&V means anything since we never know if we'll get another issue.
>>
>>89462270
Jesus it's fucking January Stokoe can release shit faster, secret wars.had less delays
>>
>>89463430

Speaking of delays, how many issues of Afterlife with Archie came out last year?
>>
>>89463481
>>
>>89463481
But there was a one year gap between 8 and 9.
>>
>>89463523
>>89463536

Good fucking grief.
>>
>Thinking the CW gives a shit about ratings.

W E W

It got good reviews so they're already have a second season incoming.
>>
>>89463577

Ratings don't mean jack shit if its expensive. Id it expensive?
>>
>>89463614
Proably filmed in Canada, so no.
>>
>>89459192
>IDW picks up the Sonic license
Good, I want to see Matt Frank do a fucking Sonic cover
>>
>>89464267
it's filmed in Atlanta, Georiga has HUGE tax havens and relief for filming ever since Walking Dead so it's probably not as much as if it was filmed in NY or LA
>>
>>89464313
You'd think most states would cut taxes on filming since it would more than likely bring a boon to the local economy.

But nope. Missouri had "Up In The Air" and that was fucking it before they repealed the tax cuts.
>>
>>89464313
Yea LA been hammering studios for money.
>>
Show doesn't air in "high def" in my area, so I didn't even bother checking it out.

Yet all the arrowverse crap is aired on different channel's, if IZombie isn't picked up on another channel I'm gonna be pissed.
>>
>>89464396
have you considered piracy
>>
>>89451445
Didn't Lucas fund chunks of TCW out of pocket?
>>
>>89451080
I don't think Archie cares, they greenlighted this shit after al
>>
>>89452624
The Golden Globe and it being on cw are the only thing keeping that waxed vag of comedy gold still on the air
>>
>>89451307
So basically Sabrina never?
>>
>>89464452

Oh, they care. They poured millions into this thing. They even put big "RIVERDALE!' banners on all their comic covers. Including Sonic. The contrast is jarring, to say the least.
>>
>>89453008
CW is essentially a genre niche channel

Its built on the youth and everything they vibe to. Sex, superpowers and the supernatural.

Hell its the lowest rated network channel and yet its the one with the biggest online hits.

In fact, most cw shows are seen online.
>>
>>89464561

Hm, ya know what always makes me smile? The former head of the CW absolutely loathed the supernatural and spent almost her whole career trying to cancel Smallville and Supernatural. Now look at it.
>>
Someone explain to me why they didn't name the show Archie?
>>
>>89457083
Jason was involved in some sort of secret bullshit that drove Polly(Debbies sister) insane so I think it may have to do with that

Also The Gang that works for Hiriam to take over the town may have an angle as well.
>>
>>89451295
> I am a giant fucking retard who thinks that Archie paid CW to make this, not the other way around, and that Sonic isn't a fucking boil on Archie's backside that consistently underperforms teenagers eating hamburgers

go back to /v/ and don't come back until you can stop confusing your farts with facts
>>
>>89464596

Supernatural needs to be put down
>>
>>89459195
Archie was so desperate than when the book became a hit, they promoted its writer to creative head of the entire company.

So now he has to juggle being the Archie Geoff Johns, showrunning the tv show , working on literally every media expansion property the company is thirsty for like a crackhead and find time to write the two books.

Its talent spread way to thin.
>>
>>89464694

I'll take your word for it. I haven't watched a show on that network since Charmed.

Well, I mean I didn't WATCH Charmed, exactly, but...
>>
>>89462491
>Penders accidentally becomes the best thing to happen to the company

Oh mad irony I think you are right.
>>
>>89464596
The CW is literally a fucking primetime channel that is 75% tokusatsu and comic books.

Like jesus christ what a time to be alive.
>>
>>89464751
Probably heard this a thousand times by now, but first 5 seasons are excellent.

It's after that that the show becomes an unsalvageable abortion of a show.

Gave up at probably season 8 or 9, but it became so painfully formulaic that it's laughable.

Season finale ends by introducing a real interesting concept/villain like an angel becoming a old one god, or a brother turning into a demon, within 3 episodes that concept is scrapped for a less radical/risky plot line, half way through the season the brothers have a falling out usually uttering the crap "i can't trust you anymore" spend 2-3 episodes apart before reuniting, find a magic macggufin to beat the baddy, and only make things worse, rinse and repeat.
>>
File: BTFO.png (466KB, 819x1151px) Image search: [Google]
BTFO.png
466KB, 819x1151px
>>89451080
This pretty much settles that Afterlife With Archie and Sabrina will not see any satisfactory continuation, let alone a proper conclusion.

Why does everything I enjoy fucking dies.
>>
File: we are cum v.5.jpg (36KB, 960x230px) Image search: [Google]
we are cum v.5.jpg
36KB, 960x230px
>>89465030
Oh man, I dropped it around those seasons too but had never quite caught on that pattern.

When I dropped it all those years ago I didn't mind the formulaic approach all that much but now that I'm not that easily swayed the fact that they fucked up a concept as cool as a rogue angel turning into an vessel for an Old One is pretty enraging. I think I dropped it when they had all the angels fall to the earth but I'm sure they somehow fucked that up too.

Also I heard they somehow killed Death too it's so retarded and it makes me so mad because he was the coolest character that series ever fucking had
>>
>>89465262

>killed Death

What is this, Castlevania?
>>
>>89465262
Yep Yeah he literally hands Dean who is being driven to become a blood thirsty killer by the Mark of Cain his scythe, and orders him to kill Sam, Dean uses it on Death, and suprise suprise, only makes things worse, they unleash gods sister "the darkness" into the world

Oh and yeah, Chuck actually was god...and god it was pathetic, no pun intended
>>
File: 1434134292424.png (276KB, 586x634px) Image search: [Google]
1434134292424.png
276KB, 586x634px
>>89465437
>they unleash gods sister "the darkness" into the world

it is astonishing how that sounds a million times more retarded that whatever I would've expected from anyone killing Death. It sounds downright like fan-fucking-fiction. I considered getting back into it out of morbid curiosity but that interest it dead, thanks for saving me from myself.
>>
>>89451187
That's because Jane The Virgin is great.

As opposed to Riverdape which is just UGHHHHH all around
>>
>>89465555
Fan-fic huh, then you'll love this,

Season 11 was basically a sibling rivalry spat, and the brothers make a "soul bomb" to kill the darkness, but God and Her make up and fly off into the sunset, meanwhile Lucifer comes back takes over Castiel, and then an ozzy osbourne rip off, and eventually the president of the united states, and knocks up a press secretary or something, and it devolves into a prolife thing
>>
>>89465773
It's amazing how there's not a single word in that whole paragraph that I liked. It's like the teen fanfic writers that were gushing over Supernatural when it first aired took over the show and are living out their wildest fantasies. Although given how long this thing has been on the air I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.
>>
>>89451221
Actually, there is a method to the CW's madness. There are two sets of shows that air on the CW: shows produced by WB, and shows produced by CBS. As both have 50% ownership of the channel, there needs to be a certain percentage of shows from each that air (CBS's minimum percentage tends to be smaller because the CW is a side project for them).

If you look down the list of CW shows, there is a pattern regarding ratings. WB-produced shows are often the ones that people tend to actually watch, while the CBS-produced shows are often the absolute lowest rated shows on broadcast television. The reason why the CW tends to renew shows that do poorly is because they need to maintain that required percentage of CBS-produced shows; the CBS-produced shows are then usually only canceled once they get enough episodes for syndication.

The thing is, Riverdale is a WB-produced show, so it doesn't have that safety net. The CW might still renew it for a second season if they need something to slot in for next year's mid-season, but there's no guarantee.
>>
>>89459192
>IDW picks up the Sonic license
This would be an absolute best case scenario, mostly because half the creative team for the comic has done work there before
>>
File: IMG_2088.png (156KB, 559x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2088.png
156KB, 559x480px
>>89451413
If sega was smart they would do anything and everything to distance themselves from their toxic fanbase that has taken the simple concept of a fast rodent video game mascot and went so far off the rails that many in the medical community call it weaponised autism
>>
>people stop watching legends of shit
>CW decides to boost ratings by putting it right after flash
>"oh shit how we gotta fill that time slot"
>they throw on that new archie show that got mixed reactions
>poor hand-me-down timeslot + mixed reviews = bomb

give it another episode or two before the ratings actually mean anything. i haven't seen the episode myself but either way it's unfortunate because a poor pilot usually means no renewal.
>>
>>89467070
it actually got pretty good reviews, I don't know if that changed after it actually premiered tho

I've just seen a bunch of facebook normies saying "not muh archie" a lot
>>
>>89466738
Honestly the Twitter and Boom taking the piss out of their fans is the best thing Sonic's done in a long time. If only the games could do that too. Just a bit of self awareness could go a long way
>>
>>89451080
Valerie and the Pussyblacks ruined the pilot, at least for me, so I'll wait for the reboot
>>
They couldn't even get a real ginger to play Archie so they just got some normalshit with fake orange hair. it's Ghost in the Shell all over again.
>>
>>89451630
Du Jour means family
>>
>>89464440
Not just chunks, he bankrolled the entire thing. That's how he was able to throw a million dollars an episode and maintain full creative control over it, he had no investors or network to answer to.
>>
>>89464440
He paid for the entire thing and did it all in-house with his own animation studio, Cartoon Network had no involvement whatsoever in the production and all they did was air the show, so the situation's a little different. It's extremely unlikely that Archie themselves are paying for the production of Riverdale, but depending on their deal with CW they may get a cut of the ad revenue, or the license fee CW pays for the property may vary depending on ratings.
>>
>>89466738
Somehow I don't think Sega is really concerned with the autism levels of the people who regularly throw money at them
>>
>>89451472
Despite being around nearly as long as DC and Marvel, Archie is a pretty small comic publisher. They make most of their money in the supermarket through digest reprints. The direct market has never been a lucrative place for them.

Ever since Jon Goldwater took over as CEO at Archie, he's been all about making Archie "relevant". Every time you hear of Archie pulling some kind of marketing stunt, it's been due to him. Archie getting married, Archie getting killed, the whole Kevin Keller thing, all the Archie crossovers, and Afterlife With Archie. It's all Goldwater trying to get Archie's name into the comics mainstream.

With the "New Riverdale" relaunch, Archie overextended itself. They hired a bunch of popular writers and artists, but since they don't have the sizeable coffers to pay these guys that DC and Marvel do, they turned to Kickstarter to try and recoup the costs. It turned into a huge PR boondoggle and the Kickstarter was canceled. And honestly, at the end of the day, the mainstream direct market is not where Archie should be planting their flag. They were never going to reach the same heights as Image, much less tangle with DC and Marvel.

So basically Archie spent all their money trying to enter a market they were never going to succeed in and they've been on the verge of bankruptcy ever since.
>>
Goodbye Sanic
You had a good run
>>
>>89463614
I can't imagine that it costs as much as Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Jane the Virgin, and the 100.

The new CW dude will literally renew most if not all of the CW shows if they get good reviews/buzz/have a batshit fanbase. (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Jane the Virgin,iZombie, and the 100.)
>>
Forgot to add this to my comment but if the fucking 100 can get four seasons then I don't think it's impossible for this show to get at least two.
>>
>>89468943
The 100 is a CBS produced show
>>
>>89453219

Roh broy!!
>>
File: 20.png (201KB, 757x351px) Image search: [Google]
20.png
201KB, 757x351px
Oh no, that thing every person on the planet knew beyond a shadow of a doubt would happen ended up happening.

Please tell me there's some sort of tax evasion behind the scenes. There's no way anyone would be stupid enough to think this would work.
>>
>>89452082
>>89452180

Glee meets Desperate Housewives is a more accurate description imo
>>
>>89451398
>, they even get sold in supermarkets for some reason.

Nostalgia
>>
>>89468541
>Valerie and the Pussyblacks
that's pathetic.
>>
>>89468541
>>89469176
Just need to clarify here - you're pathetic.
>>
>>89465403
shut the fuck up Boco
>>
>>89456968

I suspect the writers havent even decided who the killer is
>>
>>89451250
Secret circle reporting

pls hold me
>>
>>89452857
did you have a stroke?
>>
File: Archie HQ.jpg (58KB, 634x410px) Image search: [Google]
Archie HQ.jpg
58KB, 634x410px
>>89468900
>Archie is a pretty small comic publisher.

You can say that again.
>>
>>89453858
BUILD A WALL >>89453858
>>
>>89468794
>That's how he was able to throw a million dollars an episode

A million an episode is probably way too low; the movie cost eight and a half million and looked nowhere near as good as the later seasons.
>>
It's on Netflix in Canada with the Netflix original tag. I'm sure it'll be fine.
>>
>>89468900
What is REALLY the problem here is that their relaunched books are actually really, really good but there isn't an audience for that kind of quality. Waid's Archie is the best - shit, the ONLY - comedy comic on the market. Bennett's Josie is fantastic. Betty and Veronica is one of the best-looking comics on stands. And I'm pretty sure the other books are nearly as good as well.

And yet, nothing. What sells instead? DC's bold proclamation that they are sticking to their guns and their old readership and not loking to bring in anybod new into the audience, THAT's what sells.

I'd just say that the comic boom reading audience is fucked up, but that still doesn't explain it. We know Image is successful. We know The Walking Dead, Paper Girls, Saga, I Hate Fairyland, Monstress, Shutter and and whole bunch of other original works of genuine quality CAN be successful. Not all to the degree of superhero comics but they can easily stay afloat. Hell, IDW, BOOM, Dynamite and even Dark Horse have stuff that sells to a specific crowd and doesn't lose too much money. And now you have great fresh faces in publishing like Action Lab and Black Mask coming up successfully! SOMEBODY buys Zenescope books!

But no, not Archie.

So they either can not escape their decades-long branding of themselves for the average reader, or this market has become set in stone for a long time nothing can penetrate it.
>>
>>89469405
Not the anon you're replying to but I agree with you. It's really a shame that there's no audience for it. Comics like this are really popular among adult readers in Japan, but the West just doesn't enjoy the slice-of-life stuff. Actually it was getting into manga that made me want to get into Archie in the first place and I remember being surprised by how similar it is. Just goes to show that quality isn't enough to make something good if nobody is willing to give it a chance.
>>
>>89451240
>Where the fuck can it possibly go?
They somehow managed to break an unbreakable deal in the latest episode (in exchange for being allowed to die and come back to get out of an impossible situation, at the next midnight one of them would die permanently and forever). Breaking it, they were told, and Castiel knew, would create repercussions of cosmic significance across the universe.

And guess what fucking happened.
>>
Crazy Ex Girlfriend got renewed again. I think it's safe to say that this show is safe.
>>
>>89469383
WITH MAH DICK!
>>
>>89467070
That feel when no more murder mystery of the week with cute zombie after The Flash
>>
>>89451080
In your face, Waid!
>>
>>89454797
>>89455797
lel
>>
Anyone have a good torrent link for this?
I am not finding much online.
>>
Hey I just notices it's on netflix
>>
>>89472378
It seems like it isn't in the US. Must be other countries only.
>>
>>89469402
Christ it's frustrating how often Neflix sticks their "original" tag on everything they get streaming rights to first
>>
>>89472378
The whole season already?
>>
>>89472515
No just episode one I guess it's like frequency
>>
>>89466251
Interesting if true.
>>
>>89472169
You can watch it on the CW app, if you don't mind commercials.
>>
>>89464843
>best thing

but Archie is tanking
>>
>>89463076
>riverdale failing sealed it's fate

are you retarded, boco?
>>
>>89473072
Apparently, Archie would find a way to tank even without him. So I don't think that's relevant.
>>
>>89455256

half spic half gringo, unless they chnaged Hiram lodges Race too
>>
>>89472378

Why does it have the netflix original tag when its a CW show
>>
>>89472169

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:bcc320d37e5801c0a7483f4850169e1b69bbdb6c&dn=Riverdale.S01E01.WEBRip.XviD-FUM%5Bettv%5D&xl=418326021&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce&tr=udp://tracker.trackerfix.com:80/announce&tr=udp://9.rarbg.to:2710/announce&tr=udp://9.rarbg.me:2710/announce&tr=udp://tracker.ilibr.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.ilibr.org:80/announce&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969&tr=udp://p4p.arenabg.com:1337/announce&tr=udp://p4p.arenabg.ch:1337/announce&tr=udp://eddie4.nl:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://explodie.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.zer0day.to:1337/announce&tr=udp://shadowshq.yi.org:6969/announce

Found this on the new KAT, couldnt find a HD version in any torrent site. I will start uploading to the new KAT once they fix their shit. Right now it has a long way to go
>>
>>89473431
There's a new KAT?
>>
>>89473561

http://katcr.co/

Revived by the old KAT staff, still needs a lotof work to reach old KAT working level. Right now the search is shit and some restrictions to register & upload. However easy to download from there if you find what you were looking for
>>
>>89468917
but all those shows you listed are actually good though, what precedence is there for CW renewing undeniable shit

also grant that while the pilot might not have been great the show itself might improve like the 100 did
>>
>>89473346
Because netflix sticks that tag on stuff they get exclusive streaming rights to, even if they do not actually do anything to directly produce it. The 100 was labelled as a netflix original in Canada for the first two seasons. It serves to make Netflix's original catalogue larger than it actually is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_original_programs_distributed_by_Netflix#Acquisitions
>>
>>89468943
>>89469022
they also just sort of throw the 100 wherever they have a timeslot opening (which, surprise, means shitty timeslots/weird airdates) CW needs to air cbs shows, but cbs doesn't seems to care about how/when they air
>>
>>89473829

They should rename it to Netflix Exclusive
>>
>>89473830
I think it is going to be great after Arrow so we have two hours of misery-porn on Wednesdays
>>
>>89469225
yeah, but that was when cw was just hurling shit at the wall, seeing if it stuck, and moving on to the next thing. it does amaze me that the network who's predecessor once ran buffy couldn't make a show about teen witches in a post harry potter world
>>
>>89470302
crazy ex-girlfriend get's emmy noms, anon. the power of being a prestige show is real
>>
>>89473829
since netflix canada is probably one of the things keeping the 100 alive, i'm not about to complain
>>
>>89473830
which is retarded because the 100 if done right could be one of their flagship shows

but nope just muh capes and muh supernatural
>>
>>89474505

You do realize that Capeshit is being pushed because of WB and well Supernatural is still CWs flagship show so
>>
>>89467127
>I've just seen a bunch of facebook normies saying "not muh archie" a lot

Like it or not, Archie is the most Normie friendly set of comic book characters your ever going to find. At this point they are the ONLY comic book characters available in your traditional mass market stores like grocery stores and gas stations.
>>
>>89472378

Netflix has international rights in most regions outside the US. They get the show a few hours after the US.
>>
>>89475010
does being a "netflix original" also mean that its available on all regions or is it possible that its not available in few regions around the globe for whatever the fuck reason
>>
>>89477211
I think it's available everywhere, that's kind of the point, only way to watch legally in Canada.
>>
>>89477318

I heard that Netflix content isnt the same in every region, so just wondering if its for non netflix originals or does it also include some netflix "originals"
>>
>>89477392
Someone linked a wikipedia article about "netflix originals" earlier that literally lists the rights for each acquired show per region
>>
>>89460836
>Looks JUST liek her.
Not really. But still pretty hot, so thanks for the fap.
>>
>>89469225
Yep. Sucks; we need more magic television shows.
>>
>>89451080
The ginger dude is hot. I might watch it if he goes shirtless a lot.
>>
Jughead is terrible in this show
>>
>>89480365
We've only seen him for three minutes total, let's give him a little more of a chance.
>>
>>89480792
Let's see him get juggy with it.
>>
I'll wait for the reboot when they turn this into a comedy
>>
>>89474640

I would argue supernatural is a cornerstone, legacy show that is foundational, not necessarily flagship.

Flagship was Smallville, The Vampire Dairies, Arrow, Flash.

Flash is the current ratings winner despite some dips. The WB owns DC content WB = CW, CBS is the side partner in network, the smaller girly shows are CBS originals that they didn't pick up for their other network stuff.

CW shows are Supernatural that carried over from WB and capeshit shows.
>>
>>89480365
There's something about a troubled hipster in a serious teen drama being called Jughead that really harms my willing suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>89482694

To add onto this I also forgot Gossip Girl either spun off a show or was a spinoff, so the thinking is if the show successfully spins off a show, shows a kind of idea/ratings dominance to expand it's content.

Supernatural actually failed in this and they've been wanting to do a spinoff but the last one landed so badly they haven't pitched anything new for years.

The Vampire Diaries actually did with The Originals.
>>
>>89473830
CBS is in a bad place when it comes to shows. They've had to scrap just about all their Freshman slates for the last couple of years.

Reason Mentalist stayed around way too long, nothing to take its place.

And now Star Trek Discovery which was supposed to be their headliner for their digital service has been delayed "Until its ready."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/star-trek-discovery-delayed-again-as-spocks-father-is-cast-965494
>>
>>89451080
>Riverdale ratings are out.
>It bombed.
>CW
are you kidding? those rating are absolutely fine
>>
>>89451315
>Reaper
why would you do that to me anon

I actually barely even remember LU even having a 2nd season
>>
>>89483328
Sadly yes.

This show will persist just like all the others.
>>
>>89473621
Damn, I still can't find my old Fantastic Four torrent. It was fucking perfect as it was the only one that included not only the main series but all other minis, crossover, and elseworlds they appeared in.
>>
>>89469225
i never understood how that show didn't work out
>>
>>89451377
Somebody bought Classic Media, someone will want to buy the Riverdale/Sabrina/Josie characters too.
>>
>>89453858
>>89453737
looks pureblooded iberian to me
>>
>>89483931
Only heard of it after it was cancelled.

Did it have a bad time slot?

Is fantasy just not popular anymore?
>>
>>89484819
The main actress Britt Robertson was cursed by gypsies to never have a show last longer than 2 seasons

Like Weisman
>>
>>89477211

Netflix has a media listing which mentions the regions that get it: https://media.netflix.com/en/only-on-netflix/116026
>>
>>89484956
Sucks. I liked her.
>>
>>89483407
It's the one where she fucked her teacher
>>
>>89451177
I'll be dead and buried 60 years from now and Supernatural will still be airing
Thread posts: 279
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.