[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doctor McNinja has Ended

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

File: The end of Doctor McNinja.jpg (194KB, 792x1152px) Image search: [Google]
The end of Doctor McNinja.jpg
194KB, 792x1152px
So, Doctor McNinja ended last week. I only just found out minutes ago when I decided to catch up randomly. Hadn’t seen anything about it on /co/. Did we talk about this already?
I’d been reading it on and off since 2010. Feels weird to check on it and find out it was over.

What are y’all’s thoughts on the comic, and its ending? It seemed to be such a “not with a bang, but with a whisper” sort of ending.

Also, Doctor McNinja thread.

Still a little salty that we never got to see his face.
>>
We had a few threads on it

Some people think McNinja might be the ancestor of Chuck, since McNinja took his last name for his new identity. Which would make King Radical his alternate universe descendant.

The night janitors thing was a nice callback.

Otherwise there isn't a lot to talk about, which is sort of a common think with decent series. Easier to complain.
>>
I wonder how long until he puts out the last trade.
>>
>>89450706
>he can never trust his family again because reasons
Okay.
>>
>>89451031
Backstabbing is normal for ninjas, but it's okay because in the end you always have your get-out-of-jail-free card; the mask

But that can only be done once, and McNinja has used it.
>>
>>89451150
Well that just seems like a really weak way to go about it that relies on an alternate form of logic that the reader isn't privy to instead of actual character traits, histories and real-world reasoning.
>>
File: 2007-10-159p32[1].png (140KB, 756x1116px) Image search: [Google]
2007-10-159p32[1].png
140KB, 756x1116px
>>89451211
Anon, they explain this.
>>
>>89451211
It was established ages ago. We've known for years that this is how it would end. The only problem is that the "betrayal" by the other McNinjas really doesn't feel like a betrayal. They've done far worse stuff to Patrick when he's just trying to visit for dinner.

>>89451267
Beat me by seconds.
>>
>>89451211
It was established earlier in the comic.
We knew ninjas backstab and we knew they have the one-use mask removal.

Also, the entire universe is against Dr McNinja. That was the curse of the ghost wizard

Losing the mask is basically a total reset. He's no longer Dr McNinja, which means the curse no longer effects him

>>89451283
He ninja'd me too
>>
>>89451267
My god. That was almost a decade ago.
>>
>>89451320
Yeah that was sort of the problem. If you didn't read it basically all in one go, you'd forget things that were introduced a while back.
>>
>>89451343
If that's the case, you go back and read. I did. It doesn't take more than an hour or two to archive binge.
>>
>>89451267
>>89451283
>>89451298
>>89451343
>>89451362
>someone you now very well could do a complete flip on you contrary to all of their established beliefs and values for literally no reason at all
>trust me I'm a ninja

Yeah no just because it was thrown in earlier in the comic doesn't mean it makes since. When I said "alternate universe logic" I meant the lack of logic. I'd believe it more if the McNinja's had backstabbing each other a tiny bit through out the comic but no.
They were actually all INCREDIBLY down for each other. DSP looked up to his brother so much that he took the name Dr. McNinja in the alternate future story. Dan and Mitzi died together because they loved each other so much. Fucking hell McNinja's Grampa sacrificed his life to for Patrick. The idea that'd they'd suddenly turn on each other is unbelievable.
That would seem more like the work of some sort of brain parasite that would need to be cured by a Doctor than viable storyline
>>
>>89451211
>>89451298
>Losing the mask is basically a total reset. He's no longer Dr McNinja, which means the curse no longer effects him
Oh, this actually makes sense. If he's aware that the curse will make things crappy for him, it's better to not get involved.

But that's just on his end. His family doesn't know that, yet they still think that PAT can't ever trust them again because of their GRIEVOUS betrayal.
>>
>>89451362
Oh, I'm not the dude who forgot. I'm this dude
>>89451298
>>89451150
And it would probably take more than two hours - there well over a thousand pages. Chapters average over 50 pages each.

>>89451429
>But that's just on his end. His family doesn't know that, yet they still think that PAT can't ever trust them again because of their GRIEVOUS betrayal.
Yeah that's just shitty for them. They must assume it's entirely because of the betrayal.

Would be nice if he sent them a card, but I guess he can't really do that for ninja reasons
>>
>>89451403
It's not about the betrayal at all.

It's about the fact that they're all completely devoted to the "once the mask is off, you an NEVER go back no matter what" rule.

If Dan had taken his mask off to eat that bagel, he'd have to move out of the house, adopt a fake name, and never see his family again.
>>
>>89451625
>It's about the fact that they're all completely devoted to the "once the mask is off, you an NEVER go back no matter what" rule.
Why? He could put the mask back on.
>>
>>89451699
It's a culture/tradition thing.
>>
>>89451721
I think you're making it up.
>>
>>89451699
The idea is no-one knows what his face looks like under the mask, not even him.
>>
>>89451731
It's literally in the comic >>89451267
>>
>>89451739
>>89451754
That page doesn't say any of the shit you guys are talking about.
>>
>>89451699
The idea is that NO ONE knows who he is or what he looks like.
If he takes his mask off in secret, and just blends into a crowd than no one would know where to find him, even his own family. If he showed his family then somehow a bad guy would find out and follow a family member when they went to go search for him.

Cmon man, drama 101.

Also Docs family betrayed him SO he would take his mask off and disappear, because they knew he was in over his head and couldnt keep up that sort of life with everyone in the world gunning to kill him.
>>
>>89451775
>If he showed his family then somehow a bad guy would find out and follow a family member when they went to go search for him.
So don't show your family. He already swapped out masks for that one with the big helmet anyway.
>>
File: ninja.png (221KB, 734x281px) Image search: [Google]
ninja.png
221KB, 734x281px
>>89451770
>disappear forever
It's very clearly a one-use thing, anon. Every ninja can disappear once.

>>89451811
Again, not the same thing
Remember even when he was pretending to be the luchador doctor he was wearing his ninja mask underneath.

I don't get why this is so hard for you to understand
>>
>>89451811
Someone is always watching, I mean its implied Dracula was literally constantly watching doc from the moon.

You're trying to apply logic to a comic about gorilla secretaries, doctor ninjas and radical, skateboarding kings. You really should just give up and accept the settings answer to your question.
>>
>>89451840
>It's very clearly a one-use thing, anon. Every ninja can disappear once.
Then don't fucking disappear.

>Again, not the same thing
What goddamn difference does it make? the point is hiding his face. That's it.

>>89451852
Dracula is dead. And if he's so sure some one is always watching then what would be the point of even attempting to go into hiding?

>You're trying to apply logic to a comic about gorilla secretaries, doctor ninjas and radical, skateboarding kings.
Because there's a difference between fantastical elements and narrative structure.
>>
>>89451887
Writer says you're wrong.

end.
>>
>>89451898
Way to tap out there, dingus.
>>
>>89451699
>Why? He could put the mask back on.

Yes, but Gordito and Sean already saw his face at that point. So he won't be able to disappear properly, if they ever decide to hunt him down for blood money, they will know exactly how he looks.
>>
>>89451921
I don't think they did though. And if they already saw his face then he already failed.
>>
>>89451887
>Then don't fucking disappear.
>>89451298
>Also, the entire universe is against Dr McNinja. That was the curse of the ghost wizard
>Losing the mask is basically a total reset. He's no longer Dr McNinja, which means the curse no longer effects him
>>
>>89451455
>And it would probably take more than two hours - there well over a thousand pages. Chapters average over 50 pages each.
Depends on your speed. I made it in two and half, and I was checking all the alt-texts. Plus, not every page is the same. Some don't have much text. You can just take in the image and move to the next. Others are walls of text.
>>
>>89451948
Yeah that's fair. I tend to take a moment after a few minutes to shitpost and pick a new song
>>
>>89451916
Im not going to argue a point with an anonymous poster on behalf of Hastings just because they cant accept the "You take off the mask and disappear" rule.
>>
>>89451937
They did not see his face because Dan used ninja tricks to eat the bagel with lifting his mask.

If he lifted his mask to eat the bagel, then they would see his face, and be able to find him should he ever decide to go into hiding without his mask.

I don't know why this concept is so fucking difficult for you to understand.
>>
>>89452002
Its a rule you made up. That rule is nowhere in the comic. Dan talks about a backup plan. Not a rule. Fuck off.
>>
>>89451943
Now that's good. That should have been mentioned in the comic.
>>
>>89452066
The whole explanation of the mask kind of implies it.
>>
>>89452066
Well, I can't remember if anyone outside of McNinja himself knew about the frozen ghost wizard.

It would have been nice for someone to mention it, but it wouldn't have made sense for them to.

>>89452091
It doesn't tie in with the curse, you have to make the assumption yourself because the curse is totally ignored in The End Part 2
>>
>>89452091
They're pretty distance dots to connect since the curse didn't have any relevance to the plot in the end.

>>89452124
McNinja himself could have brought it up, quickly.
>>
>>89452044
How do you not fucking understand the page and epilogue panels?

>>89451267
>>89451840
>>
>>89452124
>It doesn't tie in with the curse, you have to make the assumption yourself because the curse is totally ignored in The End Part 2

Do you need every fucking thing explained for you to make a connection?

They said that taking off the mask means that a McNinja disappears forever. Doc did this.

The guy in OP pic is not Dr McNinja, it's Dr. Patrick Goodrich.
>>
>>89452184
This. He's no longer Patrick McNinja.
>>
>>89452176
He still never mentions any rules. It's a contingency plan not rules about the sacredness of their masks.
>>
>>89452184
>Do you need every fucking thing explained for you to make a connection?
It doesn't hurt to put two distantly related concepts in context, anon. The Ghost Wizard wasn't even mentioned again after he revealed his name. Pretty poor form really.
>>
>>89452209
So your problem is that he said LAST RESORT with an air of authority, and not that he very explicitly used the word "rule"?
>>
>>89452255
Those two things are not synonyms.
>>
>>89452152
>McNinja himself could have brought it up, quickly.
Not really. Him having took off the mask was supposed to be a bit of a twist. After that he doesn't really say anything until we see him at the end as Dr Patrick Goodrich.

Anything in the middle would have felt like talking head exposition.

>>89452184
Anon, I'm not the one disputing the mask thing. I'm the guy who brought up the curse in the first place.

Maybe I did not use the best language. I don't mean that the mask removal deleted the curse wasn't a connection, I mean the curse deletion being a reason to remove the mask wasn't brought up.

Even now I am not sure my language is making sense.
>>
>>89452274
Last resort means it's final.

>Aliens have overrun our ship. We have no choice. We must use our last resort, and activate the self-destruct.
>Captain, wait! I'm looking at the manual, and the self-destruct is indeed our last resort, but it's not classified as a rule!
>Oh, well shit. Then I guess nothing will happen when we do that.
>>
>>89452313
>Captain, wait! I'm looking at the manual, and the self-destruct is indeed our last resort, but it's not classified as a rule!
>Oh, well shit. Then I guess nothing will happen when we do that.
I say again. "Last resort" and "rule" are not synonyms. How do you think sentences you wrote even make sense. Nevermind logic but basic dictionary definitions are clearly off in your head.

>Maybe I should use my final resort and go into hiding.
>*pulls up mask*
>Nah I change my mind
>*pulls down mask*
>>
>>89450706
There's been a couple of threads, yeah.

Gordito never got revenge on whoever killed his dad.

Sparklelord is still out there.

And the ghost wizards are still unaccounted for.
>>
>>89452920
Didn't he kill his dad?
>>
>>89452962
No, he thought he did because he forget to clean his dad's guns, but Sean found documentation from somewhere that yes, someone did arrange for his dad to be killed.
>>
>>89453022
Shit, it's been a while since I read that far back

Thanks anon
>>
>>89452920
Didn't Chris say that he wanted to do a side-story on the ghost wizards? I hope he does. Regardless, without Dracula around to give them orders, they should go back to being undercover. The two we saw seemed pretty happy with their human lives.

As for Sparklelord, you heard the horse. When the end of days comes, he's going to come back to fucking wreck this universe. He's basically going to be the harbinger of the McNinjaverse's Ragnarok, and they're just going to have to deal with it.
>>
>>89452920
I think he probably left these threads open incase he wants to revisit it at some point.
>>
>>89454334
He says a lot of things in the alt text.

But with Dracula dead, I do wonder what the ghost wizards' next move will be.
>>
We never saw Doc's face so we have no way of knowing if any of the random background characters in any future works might be him or not.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.