[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Filmation's Ghostbusters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: FBG_Waifus.png (561KB, 598x576px) Image search: [Google]
FBG_Waifus.png
561KB, 598x576px
I remember catching episodes of this show here and there when I was a kid. But now I've finally gotten around to watching it all the way through.

It doesn't stack up to RGB/XGB (hell, what does?), but it has its own charm, and even the stupid live action show from '75 with the F-Troop guys that this cartoon is a sequel to are entertaining and worth watching once.

Also, since this is /co/:

>Futura > Apparitia > Mysteria > Jessica
>>
I used to want that damn flying car as a kid
>>
I saw some episodes and I remember it being so weird it was entertaining.
>>
>>89419377

Top right
Top left
Bottom right
Bottom left

Is how I rank them

Course I only remember that opening theme song from this show
>>
>>89419377
top right is objectively best
>>
File: FamilyGuyVomitParty.gif (81KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
FamilyGuyVomitParty.gif
81KB, 480x270px
>>89419377
>Filmation's Ghostbuster
>>
>>89419377
Ghostbusters you say?
>>
>>89419377

The show was standard Filmation rubbish. The only time they managed to produce a good episode of anything was by pure chance or by somebody there going against the grain.

That being said, Futura is obviously top cocksleeve of those four
>>
Haven't seen any episodes, but the OP is one sick jam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A-JElVwwus
>>
File: FilmationGBteam.png (542KB, 800x485px) Image search: [Google]
FilmationGBteam.png
542KB, 800x485px
You've all clearly missed the most obvious choice, here...
>>
>>89426254
I am normally one to to defend Filmation and hate it when they get called schlockhouse or any shit like that, but even with that in mind...

In retrospect as an adult, this cartoon was pretty dirty pool of them; getting the rights to the Ghostbusters name via a goofy old SATam program and running with them. I remember watching this show and enjoying it, but unlike, say, He-Man or Bravestarr or even the Star Trek cartoon, I dunno if I'd wanna go back and watch it.
>>
>>89419377
bottm right is love
>>
>>89426754
...the bat?
>>
>>89426754

The tv?

too spooky
>>
Futura is the root of my fascination with leggy women in heels.
>>
>>89430171

Agreed senpai
>>
I believe that show could do with a Netflix iteration. In so it's full potential could have come through allowing for serialized storytelling. Same with Bravestar
>>
What are some good episodes of this show?

How would you create a revival?

I remember being a kid and seeing it on a VHS- specifically an episode where a ghost girl keeps sneezing. I remember thinking it as cool as fuck. I liked the villains and their giant haunted castle dimension, and I liked how the heroes lived in a spooky haunted house with lots of ghosts, and the transformation scene where they go through some kind of extradimensional ghost world was cool. Also the ghost chick was super hot.

I tried rewatching it recently from the beginning and it was kind of boring. It was too gag focused and not enough of a "superhero horror" show like The Real Ghostbusters was, which has held up a lot better.
>>
>>89431257
>How would you create a revival?

Since no one really cares about the news anymore, I'd just make Jessica Wray an independent blogger who works more frequently with the Ghostbusters since the female character has become a quota to fill.

Kind of like Tomoyo on Cardcaptor Sakura, always recording their adventures.

But I think they'll write around that be either making Tracy a talking anthropomorphic ape woman from the future or making Futura lost in the past somehow with a subplot of getting her back to her own time.
>>
>>89426754
>You've all clearly missed the most obvious choice, here...

Leslie Jones?
>>
>>89426754
You would fuck Madam Why?

How much did you have to drink, anon?
>>
So why do this one have some many more hot women in it than RGB?
>>
>>89419377
Did you ever see the original '70s live-action kids show the cartoon is based on? The cartoon was a vast improvement on it.

Here's the opening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4-Io8xMHL4
>>
>>89427441
Except that's not what happened. Filmation didn't 'get the rights', they owned them as being the original creators. They produced several live action kids shows including the 70's Shazam and Isis shows. Columbia was supposed to pay them $500,000 for use of the name and never did.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.