[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does earth have so many green lantern corps?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: glc.jpg (237KB, 655x330px) Image search: [Google]
glc.jpg
237KB, 655x330px
So why DOES earth/humanity have so many Green Lanterns? I'm pretty sure I read or heard somewhere that lanterns can't even go other lantern's sectors?
>>
>>89401558
>Why there are so many human Lanterns?
>Why there are so many Bat-characters?
>Why Batman is everywhere?
>Why.....etc
Why you fellas ask such a questions that have obvious answers?
>>
>>89401558
go fucking read the comics and then ask your stupid questions
>>
It's the whole "FUCK YEAH HUMANITY" gig.

Otherwise, muh diversity and different choices.
>>
>>89401558
There was literally a thread like this yesterday
>>
>>89401558
Because of the bias from the beings from Earth Prime, who's comic writing influence the destiny of Earth 0 and other parts of the multiverse.

It's asking why so many heroes speak English or are in the US.
>>
Earth is the center of the Multiverse.

Also, it can really be chalked up to just how big a role Hal played in the Corps. He was always the Guardians' go-to guy in those days, dealing with all their biggest problems and leading their most important missions. So Hal had a lot of influence in things. It was Hal that basically pushed for Guy to get a ring after finding out he had already been selected as Hal's backup.

Then John was similar; Guy got injured so they needed a different backup in his place, and they chose John.

Remember, both John and Guy started as just backups, not full-time Lanterns. They would only suit up when Hal was busy and the JL needed a Lantern. John only became a full-time Lantern when Hal gave up the ring, and then later on John's ring was depowered. Guy became the main Lantern at the time of Legends, after which Hal was assigned to be permanently in space leading and training new Corps members.

So basically, GL Rebirth was the first time all three were full-time Lanterns on Earth simultaneously, and the reason for this could be because with the rebirth of the Corps they wanted to pull in all currently living previous recruits. Now as for Simon and Jessica, that's just Johns.
>>
>>89401558
Because Earth is a shithole.
>>
I always wondered why the humans seem (almost) exclusively green.

Where's our Hitler Youth Yellow Lantern
>>
File: Conversation.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Conversation.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>89401558
Because we had the same thread many times now. T>he creators shit out things they know so instead of asking the constant why we could just come up with stuff tht makes teh GL universe better
>>
Because Earth is in the busiest sector of the universe when it comes to situations in which a Green Lantern would be appreciated.
>>
>>89403588
I know part of the backstory has been retconned (from being a teacher to being a failed cop), but originally Guy was the first choice, but he was in a coma at the time, so Hal was chosen.

Supposedly Guy's entire "attitude" is the result of brain damage, leading to all the jokes about him getting hit in the head and changing personalities during the JLI days
>>
>>89403853
Scarecrow really wants it, but they never let him keep the job.
>>
File: Jordan Schlansky.png (321KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Jordan Schlansky.png
321KB, 512x512px
>>89401558
Earth is the center of the Multiverse. Get woke, alien scum.
>>
>>89401558
It's because post crisis Earth is literally the center of all creation and origin of all life. (When the multiverse got remade it went from Earth outwards) That makes it the repository for the white light of life (and where it was left hidden by the guardians) which supercharges every being on Earth with the emotional spectrum.
We're basically such a tasty treat for rings thanks to this that if a Earth native is within the vicinity the Rings will ignore everything else in their protocols for that sweet Earth juju.

Look at how powerful Kyle became and he was just a random dude a guardian picked up outside of a bar. He has no special affinity for it compared to any other human and he's the result. A fucking housecat became the most feared red lantern in the universe.
The only reason all the rings don't go straight to earth is because Earth was wiped off of the star charts for Lanterns to prevent exactly what's happening (and because when you're hiding something it's a bad idea to let so much suspicious traffic head that way)
>>
>>89401558
Why does this bother so many people? I'm human and if i lived in the DC universe I'd be proud that so many fellow humans served the corps and to protect our sector.
>>
>>89406808
>and origin of all life

Not canon. That as johns bullshit
>>
>>89407275
A) Johns is canon.
B) What else would you call the the very spot where the multi/universe was created from outwards? It's not even john's bullshit as you so eloquently called it. It's a hardclad fact from a pivotal turning point in comics.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.