[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gunnerkrigg Court

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 10

File: 00001784.jpg (161KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
00001784.jpg
161KB, 600x849px
>And?
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/
>>
Don't blue balls us here Tom. Kill the man. Put him out like a hero. Make this arc have a sacrifice.
>>
Kat is gonna bap him again, except this time she is a robot goddess. Kat is gonna wreck him.
>>
>>89399852
>the next page is literally just that one edit
>>you know the one
A man can dream
>>
An angel's wings flutter.
>>
>>89399868
Smitty should be fine with this. Goes out like a hero saving his buff waifu. The strongest girl still has to be saved by the man she loves, at the cost of his life.
>>
>>89399852
That last panel with her definitely isn't accidental... and she still has the mini arrow in her pocket. Not to mention the real arrow in a box. Kat is very dangerous right now.
>>
>>89399920
Welcome to the table, Miss Donlan
>>
Smitty is going to die because Annie stopped to try and convince the unflappable, jerkass psychopomps.
>>
>>89399822
Just murder all the psychopomp Kat, that way Annie will have total monopoly on taking people to the ether.
>>
>>89399943
Smitty is going to live because Kat stopped to try and convince the unflappable, jerkass psychopomps.
>>
>>89399822
Annie, let them go to the hospital. It's not like psychopomps aren't allowed inside, yet
>>
>>89399822
Are they actually able to not take the soul? Like, I know its their job but if something isn't in their way can they just refuse? I mean they didn't take Annie's mom because she had nothing left to take and they stopped trying to take murder bitch because she would just kill them. If they are not impeded can they just say nah?

I also can kinda see it from the psychopomps perspective. They never asked her to do this. The gang decided this was something that needed to be done on their own terms. Plus Annie is totally a "give her a inch she takes a mile" person. Give in now and she'll hound you forever.
>>
>>89400098
We saw it happen with Mort and the RotD.
Mort ended up as a ghost.
>>
>>89399822
Wait, please, I can fix this!
Hahaha, Annie, you dumb cunt, move over and let a superior being talk to them.
>>
>>89400098
>They never asked her to do this.
They literally asked her to do it, man. Though I say "literally," the comic actually shows they never directly asked her for help. Merely said they needed it, and then let her do the rest. Buncha sly buggers.

The reasons the psychopomps can't interfere is because it seems their roles are super narrow. They only usher souls back to the ether. They apparently can't do anything to the physical world, even if it would actually be a part of their jobs. Jeanne, for instance, seemed to be rooted to the world through a combination of whatever they shot elf dude with and the power of love. Even though doing something about it is basically their job, they were still constrained by their rules. And that Jeanne would fucking kill them if they got close enough to do anything.
>>
File: 00000528.jpg (197KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
00000528.jpg
197KB, 600x849px
>>89400234
Dropped the page.
>>
>>89400234
Yeah. They dodged around directly asking for help because of their roles but now they're using it to worm out of a deal.
>>
>>89399868

What edit?
>>
>>89400314
>worm out of a deal
What deal?
Why should they save Smitty?
Annie has literally no grounds to stand on. She's just some stupid girl. Her biggest claim to fame is that her mum Harry Potter'd her into existence.

Let the actual goddess that is present figure this out.
>>
>>89400457
Better yet, I'd want the literal goddess to slap Annie and take Smit to a hospital, but that's not gonna happen ... :(
>>
>>89400457
Well less 'deal' and more common courtesy of helping somebody who got hurt whilst doing them a favour.

Like really, why shouldn't they save Smitty? Rules and order went out of the window with the whole Jeanne problem. If anything, Smitty dying before his time from it, is more disruptive.
>>
>>89400518
They shouldn't help him because Annie is an entitled little shit.
Tony needs more time to raise her properly.
>>
>>89400557
Tony is her worst dad tho
>>
>>89399868
Kat going Kenshiro on Muut?
>>
>>89400565
Says someone who is in support of her talking like this right now?
>>
>>89400234
>they were still constrained by their rules

>>89400255
>"since when do you bend the rules"
So they are completely physically capable of doing so, any argument they have to not help Smitty when he was helping do exactly what they wanted Annie to do is bullshit

psychopomps confirmed assholes and/or just really fucking dumb
>>
>>89400606
Bend, not break. They had to have an intermediary hand off the Blinker Stone to Annie. That's about as far they go to skirt the line. Best they could do here, probably, is act as instant messengers to get some help quick.

Makes you wonder exactly what prevents them from just out and out interfering, given what we know about this setting's metaphysical makeup.
>>
>>89400606
No, You're the dumbass.
The psychopomps don't have any obligation to help this entitled child not lose her friend she got killed.
She doesn't even show remorse, she's just bitching at them and sees it as a personal insult as her friend is dying. She's so fucking full of herself that she feels the need to keep them from taking him to the hospital so that SHE can save him.
Why the fuck should they help her?
If they helped such an entitled little shit, they'd have to help literally anyone else in the world to save their friends from death, which is kind of antithetical to their whole thing.
>>
>>89399822
Kat's about to school some psychopomps.
>>
>>89400671
>The psychopomps don't have any obligation to help this entitled child not lose her friend she got killed.
see>>89400255
They almost begged for her to help Jeanne. i don't think she is acting entitled, there.
>She doesn't even show remorse,
Uh? She clearly feel super responsible for Smitty.
>she's just bitching at them and sees it as a personal insult as her friend is dying.
No, seh want to save his friend life. that's quite clear. And she is angry because they won't.
>Why the fuck should they help her?
Because she just managed to resolve a problem none of them could that was a sore thorn on their side.
>If they helped such an entitled little shit, they'd have to help literally anyone else in the world to save their friends from death, which is kind of antithetical to their whole thing.
Smity was hurt because he helped them solving a problem they asked help for. They are the one who came to them in the first place, it's in no way a "if we help him we have to save everyone" case. They are responsible for this situation in the first place.
>>
>>89400671
>Annie can never be right because she's terrible!
>Entities that are obviously being assholes are justified because it's Annie!
>Other characters must suffer or die, just so Annie can continue to be terrible!

Okay anon, the joke got old that half dozen threads ago. You can stop now.
>>
File: 124433871956.jpg (173KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
124433871956.jpg
173KB, 600x849px
>>89400412
>>89400570
>>
>>89400798
>>89400810
No, seriously.
They're not humans.
Your argument for why they should save Smitty is basically 'compassion'.
They don't feel compassion, they're angels of death.
>>
>>89400860
These guys aren't space aliens, they're constructs from human psyche. They have the same range of emotions as anybody else.
>>
>>89400860
>Your argument for why they should save Smitty is basically 'compassion'.
Uh, no, the argument is actually "accountability" and owing to the consequence of your actions and request.

None here talked about compassion.
>>
>>89399822
Is Kat about to go machine goddess on the pyschopomps?
>>
>>89400909
Okay.
You are anybody else.
Imagine this.
You just took your ten-billionth soul to the ether.
The departed was a loving father and husband who was unjustly killed and you take him away from his wailing family as they are huddled over him.
Do you do
A: The same goddamn thing you've done literally thousands of times in this exact situation before
or
B: Freak the fuck out, let the guy not move on and break the laws of nature?
>>89400920
>accountability
They're not a business, they're gods.
What do they have to be accountable for?
What do they have to lose?
This is a stupid point you made.
>>
>>89400936
Probably not since she's still unaware of her powers. She does have her ether wand and an arrow that can trap a soul though.
>>
>>89400936
Obviously.
And once they realize they're facing a superior being they will most likely fold to her demands.
>>
>>89400975
Again, 'laws of nature' are out the window when they got hurt doing your job. Smitty and Parley would be up top in the court dorms, fucking eachother's brains out if they didn't lump the Jeanne job on mortals.

Yeah I guess gods don't have to be accountable but they doesn't stop them being assholes for it.
>>
>>89401033
The job got done. It's over.
Why should they still help?
>>
>>89401045
To not be assholes?
>>
>>89401061
So, no reason, then.
>>
>>89400975
>They're not a business, they're gods.
>What do they have to be accountable for?
>What do they have to lose?
>This is a stupid point you made.
They asked for a favor, it's normal to expect to get something in return. Annie is certainly not entitled for expecting that. they even say themselves what he did was an huge fucking deal.
>You just took your ten-billionth soul to the ether.
>The departed was a loving father and husband who was unjustly killed and you take him away from his wailing family as they are huddled over him.
Missing hte point, there. In Annie Case, the reason Smitty is hurt is directly due to them asking them for help. They share responsibility in his current state. Unlike the father, who didn't die because of them. The Psychopomp are part of the reason he is being hurt.

Plus again, an other difference, none of the fahter familly managed to give an huge service to the psychopomp like annie did.

>What do they have to lose?
Annie becoming a Psychopomp. that's something they have wanted for a long time and it' clear they are losing her if they do no take responsibility for their involvement.
>>89401045
Because they are part of the reason Smity was help. He wouldn't have been hurt if they didn't ask for help. also, becaus eAnnie just helped them in a huge problem, to expect something in return is perfectly normal.
>The job got done.
Yeah, a payment is usually expected in return for a job done.

Again, Annie's request make perfect sense.
>>
>>1511549
Is this relating to gunnerkrigg?
The filename and accent implies it but I'm not sure if the dialog came from GKC or something else.
>>
>>>1511549
The filename and accent implies it but I'm not sure if the dialog came from GKC or something else.
>second attempt
>>
>>89399822
why is the arttyle so shit now
>>
>>>>1511549
>I must look like an idiot
>>
>>89401163
Sure, the request makes sense.
Them refusing her request however makes just as much sense.
>>
>>89401410
Yes. That's why Annie isn't a spoiled brat for requesting that. Thanks for proving me right.
>>
>>89401245
which board is the post you're linking actually on
if you want to link to /aco/ you do this:
>>>/aco/
>>
>Annie he's dying!
>PLEASE WAIT I HAVE TO TALK ALONE A LITTLE LONGER!
>>
>>89401450
Not for requesting it, no, but for insisting and not backing down.
>>
>>89400839
Wait, so Kat can see them?
>>
>>89401750
She has every right to not back down. they are asshole and there is no reason for her to understand that they don't have to save someone they have lead themselves to injure.

Basically, their sole argument is "we are not doing it because we don't want to" it's not the kind of answer one accept.
>>
>>89401852
Not if they don't want to. in this case, Annie or the psychompomp made themselves visible.

Earlier, she saw the psychopomp for insect and ti scared the shit out of Kat.
>>
>>89401870
Parley can't see them in panel 1.
>>
Do you think things would have played out differently in the webcomic (and on these threads) if the psychopomps said they COULDN'T help instead they WON'T?
>>
>>89401896
Kat can't see them either for now.
>>
>>>/wsg/1511549
>>
>>89401992
The animation is meant to be Annie, but the voice is a singer called Kate Rusby.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joj4BqEfhis
>>
>>89401992
I think it's supposed to, it's not the first time I've seen in GKC threads. The dialog definitely doesn't come from the comic.
>>
>>89399822
Why is Moot such a dick?
>>
>>89401750
She has every right to not back down on her request as much as they have every right to refuse her
There are vaild arguments both ways anon, but they HAVE bent the rules before, whats stopping them from bending them here?

They dont even have to outright heal Smitty, just instantly take him somewhere they know will likely will result in him getting better while also not collecting his soul right away. Boom problem solved, they didn't technically interfere, they technically payed Annie back, and Smitty has at least higher chances of surviving.

This is the problem with writing beings who exist on logic, someone somewhere will come up with a better solution than most writers could.
>>
>>89402497
Thing is, I just don't think they give a fuck.
>>
>>89402561
Unrelated.
>>
>>89401852

Yes. And now I'm wondering WHAT she's seeing them as, cause that's trouble waiting to happen along with holding the arrow.
>>
>>89402789
Well she has met some before, and it seemed like they looked like that to her, too.
>>
>>89402789
Last time she saw them just fine.
>>
>>89402850
>>89402855

But did she see things the same way in the past as now? I thought the talent she showed breaking down the Jeanne trap is new.
>>
File: and 03-12.jpg (76KB, 621x681px) Image search: [Google]
and 03-12.jpg
76KB, 621x681px
>>89399822
>>
>>89402895
Yes, when she visited the ROTD.
>>
>>89401852
Read the fucking comic, you nob!
>>
It's not a psychopomp's job or within their domain to just heal injured people and prevent them from dying. Tough luck Annie, you FUCKED UP big time.
>>
>>
I've been thinking. Parley's teleport power is activated by her thinking about her love for Smitty, right? So if he dies would that hamper her teleportation?
>>
>>89403455
>Parley's teleport power is activated by her thinking about her love for Smitty, right?
No, her control of it is enhanced by Smitty's ability.
>So if he dies would that hamper her teleportation?
Yes. Duh.
>>
>>89403455
Only at the beginning. She wasn't very good at controlling her power when it manifested and emotions set it off. Smitty's power help her control it but as of 'Parley and Smitty are in this one', she seemed to use them on her own quite well. She only needed Smitty to teleport to a location she didn't know.

But yeah, Smitty's death may have a negative effect on her concentration.
>>
Their refusal kind of reminds me of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkhmjwfkzBY
>>
>>89403455
>tom grows some balls and Smitty dies
>whenever she teleports its back to the canyon
>it keeps happening as she grows increasingly angry and despondent, throwing everything she has into training without her powers
>gets severely wounded in a 'training accident'
>she bips to the canyon one last time and dies there
>any psychopomp that tries to take her meets the same fate as the ones before
>the Court has their new guardian, this time without need for a device any group of meddling kids can destroy
>>
>Annie stop guiding the killer ghost and uselessly show concern REEEEE
>Annie stop showing concern and being a brat and just let your friend die REEEEE
>Annie just let them go to the hospital tp potentially save his life, stop trying to get your magic ether pals to easily certainly save his life REEEEEE
I never cared about the dumb unfunny Annie hate meme but it's just annoying when you keep doing it for attention.
>>
>>89404693
Yeah, It's gone well past the point that it's just grating and awkward now.

It's almost worst than that guys who purposely draws weird ( and sometimes literal) shit to antagonise people and then complains that nobody likes him.
>>
>>89401234
>1511549(Dead)
>>89401506
Number fits >>>/wsg/ about 6 hours ago just after 11:14:34 CET but I cannot find which thread
>>
>>89404923
Ignore my comment, others have already found it >>89401992
>>89402015
In fact I uploaded that webm >>>/wsg/1479945 but didn't think to look in that thread! As far as I know the dialog comes from a Kate Rusby interview and some animator made a lip synch test.
>>
>>89399822
"Nothing personal...kid."
>>
This smells tantalizingly like Tom is setting up the Scooby gang to FINALLY suffer some permanent consequences.

Don't screw with us (again), Tom!
>>
>>89405623
>Nothing personnel... kid.
ftfy
>>
>>89405674
I hope Tom doesn't kill off Smitty, if only to piss you Annie-haters off.
>>
>>89405975
>comics goes back to endless faffing about instead of shit getting real
Why would you want this?
>>
>>89406035
Death isn't the only bad thing that can come from this. If anything, it's really cheap.
>>
File: katangery.jpg (14KB, 158x269px) Image search: [Google]
katangery.jpg
14KB, 158x269px
>>89399822
>Historians would later point to this day as the germ of the robot jihad into the Ether
>>
>>89405975
>>89406035
Also, I promised I'd draw gross stuff only this year if that happens.
I created a win-win scenario for myself.
Nothing could piss me off at this point.
>>
>>89400920
They don't owe anything.

Anne did Jeanne a favor. not them.
Helping Jeanne is not something THEY needed. it was something Jeanne needed.
>>
File: C3Btcv0XEAARVZ_.jpg (128KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
C3Btcv0XEAARVZ_.jpg
128KB, 1024x682px
Kat's favorite toys.
>>
>>89407013
Should have asked for a tip before she set the boat off.
>>
>>89407050
Or, yknow, a last record.
>>
>>89407013
>Anne did Jeanne a favor. not them.
see>>89400255
She did a favor tot he psychopomp too. And they even state so in monday's page.
>>
Can ONE PERSON link me to a page where:
a)The psychopomps ask for Annie's help
b)The psychopomps make a deal with Annie for an exchange of favours
c)The psychopomps have shown themselves able to interfere with the living
d)The psychopomps have been shown or said to be able to heal?
>>
>>89408777
No, it will require three or four people.
>>
>>89408777
>a)The psychopomps ask for Annie's help
there>>89400255
>b)The psychopomps make a deal with Annie for an exchange of favours
Oh yeah, because not being legally binded mean you have to be an asshole
>c)The psychopomps have shown themselves able to interfere with the living
again there there>>89400255
where they ask Annie's help (whp is a living. And earlier with Mort, when giving her the shinny).
>d)The psychopomps have been shown or said to be able to heal?
Monday's page. Annie Know they can do it. She do not ask, she actually say that she know they can.
>>
>still arguing with people who admit they just like shitposting about annie
>>
File: typical gunnershit fail.png (67KB, 1901x885px) Image search: [Google]
typical gunnershit fail.png
67KB, 1901x885px
>>89410054
That's a typical gunnershit fail thread for you.
>>
>>89410956
like 4 of these are mine
this was 3 years ago
>>
>>89399822

Kat's gonna stab him with the arRow, isn't she?
>>
>>89402895
pomps look the same to annie and kat because they aren't dressed up or hiding, that is what they actually look like.
>>
>>89409086
>able to interfere with the living
rather indirect though
they asked a ghost to interact with her for them, did Mort say it was the psychopomps that gave him the blinker stone or did asking him to give it to her embody the entirety of their activity?
>>
The main thing is that they're not saying that 'can not' because of any rules or restrictions but they 'will not' because they owe Annie nothing.
>>
>>89412568
>did Mort say it was the psychopomps that gave him the blinker stone
Yes.

Also, Annie is quite alive.
>>
>>89411409
Holy shit it was!
I need to clean my desktop.
>>
>>89413355
>saving shit on your desktop
>>
>>89413389
I just dragndrop it there, ya cunt. It saves time.
>>
>>89413826
drag and drop into some explorer window, retard
>>
File: WeAreEternal.jpg (229KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
WeAreEternal.jpg
229KB, 600x849px
>>89411693
>strike down the hands of death and ascend as the robot god queen.

Coyote will be next.
>>
File: Surma and Mop.png (37KB, 192x98px) Image search: [Google]
Surma and Mop.png
37KB, 192x98px
>>89403125
Be nice. Mop is my favorite character.
>>
>>89414813
Mop truly is best boy.
>>
>>89403660
>Smitty's luck found the best possible situation was to recreate the Jeanne situation with himself and Parley.
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.