[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bee and Puppycat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (182KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
182KB, 1280x720px
Fresh Newfag here
For those who've seen it, what are your honest thoughts? Criticisms?
>>
>>89394211
Only ever seen the pilot.
>>
>>89394211
Is it a series now?
>>
>>89394333
Been for a while
They posted 4 episodes,(in all about 24 minutes long), took 2 years for the other 6
>>
The style downgrade was a big turn off. After watching the first few episodes I it just didn't keep my interest and I ended up disliking the characters. I heard the second batch of episodes are a lot better but I'm just not in the mood for this show anymore.
>>
>>89394715
I had the same thoughts about the first batch too.
Though the art and colors are what kept me watching. But the pilot looked much better.
>>
File: 1483895498567.jpg (965KB, 1032x1566px) Image search: [Google]
1483895498567.jpg
965KB, 1032x1566px
>>89394211
I thought it was fine, but admittedly, I've pretty middling standards.
Faults lie in the wait time between episodes, the inconsistent animation style at times, and humor that might not match your own.
Characters get presented, but they aren't really explored in the short time they're actually shown. They're also really "peculiar", which can make it hard to really stick to the characters if they aren't your cup of tea. We're given some talk about pasts, but, again, in the short time we aren't given time to invest a lot into it.
With the humor, it's pretty random. Not "LOL RANDUM", I wouldn't say, but pretty damn close.
There's also the fact that the show sort of presents itself as something that would be about the odd jobs and the action or mystique that comes with them, but they're really more about Bee and how they affect or reflect her. If you don't like the characters, you will not be able to enjoy this, and you will not stick with it long enough.
However, there are still aspects of it that I would say are fairly well done.
A lot of times the show looks beautiful. The show often flows between space, candy, and oceanic aesthetics, which ends up working for it in many scenes. In stills, you can probably get pretty good wallpapers, and in motion, when the animation is good, it just works. People often harp on the style change from the pilot to the actual series, but the new style creates a much more fluffier tone that fits the previously mentioned themes and worked well to contrast with the threats that occasionally appeared.
Even despite the short time we get with the characters, when we actually get into the characters, they're fairly relatable and sincere. Early on they're weak, but going on they show the capability of more, if given more time or paced better. I imagine the comics might fix that, but that's not really good enough.
In the end,it's just an okayish series that people wanted more out of. Not bad to give it a try, but not spectacular.
>>
>>89395111
Also, the new style felt more Tumblr. Pilot had a nice charm to it.
>>
>>89395159
Ooh, nice thoughts.
The pacing was quite weird, given the small time frame. It's true that art is quite beautiful with its bright colors.
I guess the pilot isn't always what you're truly going to receive.
>>
>>89395323
People do seem to put a lot of weight on the pilot. Probably an extreme, but to put it into perspective: compare the Adventure Time pilot to what we have now.
I think a bit of it has to be with the fact that it was a kickstarter and that people personally spent money on it, so they had a concrete idea of what it should've been, in their minds.
>>
File: 1475025866512.gif (2MB, 300x262px) Image search: [Google]
1475025866512.gif
2MB, 300x262px
>>89395159
>Brown skin heterochromia silver haired gender fluid

Jesus Christ
>>
>>89395193
>>89396047
Shit like this is going to be a big factor on whether you're giving the show a fair chance. If you truly have this kind of approach to things, it's not going to sell for you.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.