[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zack Snyder should have made The Authority

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: The_Authority_Vol_1_1.jpg (358KB, 1973x1500px) Image search: [Google]
The_Authority_Vol_1_1.jpg
358KB, 1973x1500px
Zack Snyder should have been allowed to make the Authority instead of the DC movies. It would have been a perfect match for his style and then the DC movies wouldn't suck as much as they do. I am a major DC fan and enjoy Snyders other movies but even I know he is not the right director to be doing Superman. I feel like something like the Authority though would suit his style much better.

Any thoughts /co/? And why haven't we gotten any kind of Authority media at all anyway? The books are basically movie storyboards already.
>>
Gen13 is better
>>
>>89391038
Sorry, Impossible. It would effectively overwritten the known franchises of Superman, Batman and the entire Justice League AND WITH A GAY SUPERMAN AND BATMAN, in the same ten years as Watchmen came out? Are you trolling?
It's true the style of the current DC movies seems to match Ellis' creations, doesn't mean it's plausable in a real market.
>>
>>89391038
bvs as good,
>>
>>89393486

as good as my last bowl movement
>>
>>89393486
this really
>>
>>89391038
>waah waah I dont like Snyder's style and I've never read any Superman or Batman comics pre-2000s

cry some more
>>
>>89391038
>gives us most hopeful Superman yet
>gives us the first Superman who is literally an inspiration to other heroes
>wrong director for Superman

wut
>>
>>89391038
The Authority has too much humor and too many scenes of the protagonists reveling in being able to help people for work for Snyder.

Some folks just shouldn't adapt capeshit.
>>
>>89391038
>And why haven't we gotten any kind of Authority media at all anyway?

Because violence and sex. And gay sex, at that.
>>
>>89393776
B-b-but muh Jesus allusions!!! REEEEEE
>>
>>89391038
I don't like Snyder.
I don't like Ellis.
I don't like Authority.

But I think it would actually be a good fit.
>>
>The books are basically movie storyboards already.

That's part of the problem, I think. Ellis/Hitch Authority was a purposefully shallow exercise in style over substance, the style in this case being "widescreen" cinematic spectacle. For all the apparent "attitude" and boundary pushing (violence, sexuality etc.), The Authority is at heart much pure superheroics. At the time that was something really novel, but these days with capeshit being as big as it is it means if you've seen The Avengers movies and Man Of Steel, then you've basically seen an Authority movie.

Now you could sharpen up those edges and go full Millar/Quitely, but that approach has it's own problems.
>>
>>89395528
This.
>>
File: 490.jpg (48KB, 627x626px) Image search: [Google]
490.jpg
48KB, 627x626px
>>89393776
>>
This and New Gods are definitely up Synder's heavy handed ally.
>>
>>89393776
memes that need to die
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.