[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel Going Bi-Monthly Without Reducing Prices

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: Marvel.png (1MB, 3300x1305px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel.png
1MB, 3300x1305px
From the April 2017 solicits:

>X-MEN BLUE #1 $4.99
>X-MEN BLUE #2 $3.99

>X-MEN GOLD #1 $4.99
>X-MEN GOLD #2 $3.99

>WEAPON X #1 $3.99
>WEAPON X #2 $3.99

>ROYALS #1 $3.99
>ROYALS #2 $3.99

>INFAMOUS IRON MAN #7 $3.99
>INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #6 $3.99

>CAPTAIN AMERICA: STEVE ROGERS #15 $3.99
>CAPTAIN AMERICA: STEVE ROGERS #16 $3.99

>OLD MAN LOGAN #21 $3.99
>OLD MAN LOGAN #22 $3.99

So that's their new plan to recover from their latest relaunch? Go bi-monthly on X-Men and Wolverine because X-Fags will buy anything, go bi-monthly on Bendis because we've told everyone he's our most popular writer and go bi-monthly on HydraCap since it's leading up to an event? All with no price drop.

Really, Marvel?
>>
>>89388984
>Five dollars for a comic.
>>
It'll work for that month and maybe the next. As soon as they see the numbers drop, they'll switch back to monthlies before LCSes start rioting.
>>
Marvel's gotta make money somehow. Can't continue giving away comics for free to keep up appearances.
>>
>>89388984
Haven't they been double shipping on certain books for years now on certain months? Especially after launch? Who says this isn't just a one-time thing to get these comics set up faster?
>>
>>89388984
gotta just be for the first month. No way in hell Jonboy is able to do a bi weekly. He only left teen titans a few months ago.
>>
>>89388984
Do you hear that? It's DC QUIVERING! Sad that such a distinguished (a joke) company has to resort to low-blows and unfounded quips. Oh, well. Immature companies get DROPPED. BYE BYE!
>>
>>89388984
>INFAMOUS IRON MAN #7 $3.99
>INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #6 $3.99
What? This isn't bi-monthly, this is normal schedule you dumbass?
>>
LOLMARVEL
>>
>>89389067
Shhh anon, OP's too busy shitposting to care about the books having been bi-monthly for years
>>
File: ike the kike.jpg (48KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
ike the kike.jpg
48KB, 1920x816px
HELP ME /CO/ IM SO WEAK
>>
>>89389133
I like Marvel to fall flat on their face with their shenanigans as much as anyone here, but I still don't want Anons to spout straight up bullshit.
>>
>>89388984
Who buys floppies anymore? Jesus fuck
>>
>>89389059
I mean, they probably could. They make more money with one of their movies than they do in an entire year with their comics division
>>
>>89388984
>bendis
>bimonthly
Kek
>>
So how is this a new thing from Marvel?
>>
File: 3eA2qMp.jpg (19KB, 400x337px) Image search: [Google]
3eA2qMp.jpg
19KB, 400x337px
>>
>>89389074
I think it's a 5 week month.
>>
File: Lucky Luke 15 43.jpg (34KB, 331x267px) Image search: [Google]
Lucky Luke 15 43.jpg
34KB, 331x267px
>>89388984
>Going Bi-Monthly Without Reducing Prices
I can't believe it. I can't believe they're this stupid.
>>
>>89388984
Having the first two issues double-ship is a standard Marvel practice for a lot of their books, Infamous Iron Man/Invincible Iron Man are two completely different books so that's not a double-ship, and all the Secret Empire lead-in books (Captain America: Steve Rogers, Captain America: Sam Wilson, Thunderbolts, and Uncanny Avengers) had to wrap up in April so they can start Secret Empire off in May. Dunno why OML is double-shipping, but April is a 5 week month so its not that out of the ordinary for some extra books to come out to fill that fifth week. That's usually what annuals are for, but just having a book double ship for that month accomplishes the same thing.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Marvel have X-men Blue and Gold double-ship and I highly doubt they'd ever lower their price to 2.99, but this is just business as usual.
>>
>>89389394
The comics division doesn't get any money from the movies. Disney gets the money.
>>
>>89388984
And remember to order 70 copies of each or else we won't send you the latest hip-hop variant cover!
>>
Yeah that's a clickbait title if I've ever seen one.

Literally only two titles on that list are regular monthlies going bimonthly: Steve Rogers and Old Man Logan, and as far as we know it may be only for this one month.

Then you have four series spinning out from IvX.

Then you have Infamous and Invincible Iron Man on there, which I guess they're just hoping people reading the article are too retarded to notice those are two different series.

Come back to me when the main Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and Avengers books are all bimonthly for regular price and that'll be something worth this article's bullshit title.
>>
>>89389394
>They make more money with one of their movies
Marvel Entertainment has no involvement with Marvel Studios post-Civil War. They likely get more money off of the X-men movies than they do the MCU movies at this point, to be quite honest family.
>>
>>89390179
>this article
This isn't from an article. OP is just shitposting.
>>
>>89389800
Really? At this point I expect this level of stupidity from Marvel
>>
>>89388984
>hey we don't sell comics! what to do?
>relax and just print twice moar comics
what could go wrong?!?!....
>>
>>89389074
he left because of creative differences, not because he couldn't maintain the schedule

and isn't Teen Titans monthly
>>
>>89391330
That's not what that anon is saying. He's saying that since he only left Teen Titans a few months ago, he wouldn't have had the time to get enough issues done ahead of release for them to go bi-monthly.
>>
>>89389630
April isn't
>>
>>89388984

Twice the Noh-Varr (in Royals) per month?
Count me in.
>>
>>89388984
"Bendis is our top writer"

Oh dear.
>>
Now they can face-plant at ludicrous speed.
>>
>>89388984
>Venom not listed

C'mon, Marvel. Make that shit-show move along faster.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.