[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Earth has too many green lanterns?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

This is starting to feel a bit ridiculous.

I know there's a girl with them now too, don't know anything about her just couldn't find a group shot with her.
>>
DC doesn't give a fuck anymore. Same with batfamily.
>>
you also forget that russian girl that became kyles backup for five seconds, charlie vickers the lantern before Kyle and alan scott you pleb.
>>
Earth, you will never find a greater have of retched have of scum and villany.
>>
>>89383622
Guy was more interesting as a Red
>>
Kyle's not a green lantern anymore.
>>
Earth only has two green lanterns simon and Jessica,Hal is currently a power battery of his own,Guy and John leading the corps and Kyle a white lantern.If your complaining about the number it makes sense,Most of them got recruited because there predecessor died,it's just thanks to ressurrection and talent the old ones stay around and rise in the ranks
>>
Kyle is White, though. INB4 WUT HE'S MEXICAN!
>>
>>89383719
He was also more interested as a girl. What's your point?
>>
>>89383622
Johns is a hack
>>
>>89384022
I miss Gal Gardner. I wish JL3K hasn't imploded with DCYou after setting up so much cool stuff.
>>
>>89383683
>charlie vickers the lantern before Kyle and alan scott you pleb

He was a lantern before Guy and John too. Charlie came on pretty quickly after Hal did.
>>
>>89383622
why don't they just kill off terrorist lantern?

while they're at it, kill off jordan again and bring alan scott back into the scene as an independent agent of some kind.
>>
File: GL Job.png (518KB, 545x619px)
GL Job.png
518KB, 545x619px
>>89383761
All of this only makes me angrier. I am getting sick of the GL Corps being underused because they need to suck human cock. Every single one of the human Lanterns spends half their duty time only on Earth and is at the same time the chosen one for half the other Corps.
I just have enough of this and this is probably why I like the stories that don't focus on the human Lanterns or least haven them in space patrol much more then all the other shit that gets pumped out.
>>
>>89384219
> Every single one of the human Lanterns spends half their duty time only on Earth

This hasn't been true since 2004. The main GL book has been nothing but 'EPIC SPACE END OF THE UNIVERSE' shit for years. It's why I like Green Lanterns so much. It's going back to classics and hopefully will stick there with Simon/Jess learning the beat.
>>
Why make Guy a green again and not have him as a Red corps leader where giving his friendship with the other lanterns could pave way for a good co-operation with them?

Also what is the point of having two GL on the Justice League now?
>>
>>89384022
So the answer is female Red Lantern Guy?
>>
>>89384915
Every month
>>
>>89383622
It's almost like the writers influencing and creating these comics have a bias because THEY ARE FROM EARTH.
>>
How to fix the too many human GL problem:

Leave Simon and Baz as Earth's GLs, they're rookies and it suits them to work together as a buddy cop duo.

Have Hal be primarily doing cosmic shit, returning to Earth to help with major threats as needed. Focus more on the cosmic aspect of DC.

John retires back to Earth and is never heard from again. He's worthless and always whinging about how much he wants to just be an architect anyway.

Guy either goes back to being Red or back to being Warrior and just fucking bad guys up.

Kyle can fuck around with his Blue pals doing whatever as White Lantern.

Make sure Carol is never a Sapphire again, or better yet get rid of that entire color because they're fucking worthless.
>>
>>89384211
That's dumb.
You're dumb for wanting Alan to be part of the Corps. Let him stay his own thing if he ever comes back to Earth 0.

>>89383719
Eh I feel like Red Lanterns should stay villainous, and Guy RL run was entirely just 6 of them hanging out on Earth trying to be goodguys despite there should be hundreds of RL.
>>
I want Percival back on earth I miss him
>>
>>89384219
In Earth's defense, it has a lot more going on than half the galaxy.

Aliens like Brainiac or White Martians invading.
Multiverse events like Forever Evil or Infinite Crisis.
Powerful beings like Elclipso or BL Blackhand.

Meanwhile other planets have maybe some meteors that are gonna hit a gas planet that no one lives on.
>>
>>89385093
Well they could redefine pink at the very least. Instead of females who loved someone so much they spend the rest of their days flying half naked thorugh space they could accept all kinds of people in the corps. Love for family or concepts even such things as nature. And as soon as all kinds of love are in there you can start to make the individuals interesting though their defining love that get them in there.
Also they might wanna rething their abilities
>>
They all haven't served at the same time as Green Lantern of Sector 2814, but there was a reason why they had so many from Earth.

>rings seek people from the sector it's protecting
>earth sector GLs end up going to do monumental things (like destroying the corps, bringing it back, becoming white lanterns, etc.)
>explained in other forms of media (like Batman: The Brave and the Bold) as well as GL runs that some members are higher echelon, i.e. Guy is a vanguard

I think, obscurely in one of the many GL runs that have been put on /co/ (more towards the cataclysmic story lines) that we end up getting more GLs for this sector because of other super powered shenanigans going on with the Justice League, too. Don't quote me on that.
>>
>>89383622
Can someone photoshop the brazzers logo on this, lol.
>>
I think it's fucking stupid how they're all active, Kyle and Simon at the very least were supposed to replace Jordan, who was fucking dead both times.

How terrified are these writers of just retiring a character?
>>
>>89386390
Hal was retired for over 10 years. Geoff came and brought him back for another 10 and now he's a mainstay again.
>>
>>89386390
The fans don't want to retire characters, and fans dictate sales. They fucked up hard when they got rid of Hal years ago, ever heard of HEAT/Hal's Emerald Attack Team?
>>
They keep getting instated as replacements for the last one, then the previous one gets reinstated.
In that Guardian's defense, that probably doesn't happen often.

Also Earth is the cosmological equivalent of the Gaza Strip, so it needs a few.
>>
>>89384285
Especially since it's been hinted a few times that Jess is afraid to go to space.
>>
>>89386511
He wasn't retired, he was the Spectre
>>
>>89387326
He was retired as 'Green Lantern' and was still dead for 3 years until Geoff brought him back (there's a pattern here) to become the Spectre.
>>
>>89385096
>Eh I feel like Red Lanterns should stay villainous
They could have kept two RL groups, one with Guy and another with Atrocitus. Guy as good anger and Atrocitus as evil anger. The RLs arent defacto evil.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.