[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will win: Zootopia Deserves to win: The Red Turtle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9

File: tumblr_inline_n4jv5h82gJ1sebci4.png (722KB, 1174x380px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n4jv5h82gJ1sebci4.png
722KB, 1174x380px
Will win: Zootopia
Deserves to win: The Red Turtle
>>
>>89381853
I think Moana is more likely to win than Zootopia, honestly.
Hopefully Kubo will win Best Visual Effects.
>>
Kubo winning would make me so happy.
>>
>>89381873
I didn't like kubo's story desu, but the movie really deserves the vicual effects awards
>>
>>89381853
Kubo is way better than all those movies combined but Zootopia will win even though it's an overrated preachy piece of shit lauded by furfags.
>>
>>89381853
How have you even seen The Red Turtle? Almost no theatres are showing it.
>>
>>89382107
>Kid loses his family, learns nothing and nothig else changes: the movie
>Deserves to win

It was a very pretty looking movie anon, but let's not kid ourselves.
>>
>>89382107
The red turtle is the one that's better than all the others combined
>>
>>89382107
>mainstream animated movie by Disney
>huge critical and financial success
>stunning animation
>actually has a message which deals with prejudice but somehow avoids taking sides and only asks you to try to be a better person
>hurr durr furfags
I hope you choke on a dick. And Kubo, while absolutely beautiful and technically amazing, had his share of problems.
>>
On the merits of animation itself Disney deserves to win every single time.

It appears that many people on /co/ don't seem to appreciate the value of well-rounded, popular piece of entertainment, and for that reason will always route for the less popular releases, even if they aren't really as good.
>>
>>89382529

I'm personally just bitter that Big Hero 6 won a few years ago. Looked great but every other part of it was incredibly mediocre, even as just a fluff entertainment piece.
>>
>>89382284
t. furfag
>>
Not /co/ but is Shin Godzilla nominated for anything?
>>
>Cartoon Brew posts list of underdog nominees that deserve more attention
>Kubo isn't on it
>Fucking Sausage Party is

This is perhaps the first time I'm genuinely annoyed with them.

>>89382529
Song of the Sea was leagues above Big Hero 6 and you fucking know it.
>>
>>89382529
t. Disneyshill
>>
>>89381853
Zootopia will win but Kubo deserves to win best animated and best visuals. Dr Strange was pretty amazing but Kubo is on another level.
>>
>>89382891
Nope
>>
>>89382204
>Kid loses his family, learns nothing and nothig else changes: the movie

Except that's wrong, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>89381853
>furry disney vs diversity disney
oh yeah, it's anyone's guess which will win
>>
>>89383984

...disney?

also it's furry diversity
>>
>>89384023
no, it's just furry. moana is sure to win because it's nonwhite and disney.
>>
>>89381853
>No Finding Dory

HAH suck it Pixar
>>
>>89384085
I do have a question though, will a non-Pixar/Disney film ever win this award again?

I mean, the only one I feel like has even a slim chance is (assuming it's fantastic) How to Train Your Dragon 3, and even that's gonna be up against Toy Story 4 and presumably another Disney film.

If not... why even have this category at all if the same company wins year in and out?
>>
>>89384124

it all started when BatB was nominated for best picture.
>>
>>89384085
Pixar haven't been relevant since Toy Story 3. Sad but true.
>>
>>89381873
You forget how crazy everyone went for Zootopia.

And I want Kubo to get recognition too, but sadly we all know that won't happen.
>>
>>89381873
Moana's fine, honestly. I wouldn't be upset if any movie nominated won. There's no obvious dud in the mix like goddamn Big Hero 6 or Brave.
>>
>>89384465

they moved all the talent to WDAS.
>>
>>89382983

That's your first? Hey everyone done way worse than that.
>>
>>89384582
I wouldn't call BH6 a dud, honestly it was fine for what it was. Oscar-worthy? Hell no, but it wasn't bad. Brave on the other hand, was pure fucking garbage.
>>
>>89384124
>two didney flicks split the vote
>laika wins
>>
File: images.jpg (52KB, 500x750px)
images.jpg
52KB, 500x750px
>>89384465
>>
Kubo was visually spectacular but the story was really lacking. I really wish they went full hero's journey with the story and had Kubo's quest take a long time, having him grow up and mature over the course of the film.
>>
>>89385341

feel. FEEL dammit! the movie.
>>
>>89384582
I was pretty peeved when Up beat Coraline, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Princess and the Frog, and Secret of Kells. All of those films were objectively better than Up.
>>
>>89385513

At least all the nominations that year were good.
>>
>>89385513
But... but muh opening 9 minutes.

Muh Giacchino music!!!
>>
>>89385570
>>89385615

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk6jsoXPz-g

mr. fox is basically what academy thinks of animation
>>
>>89385820
Oh jeez I forgot what they all said....

That's actually 100% accurate though. Sad, but true.
>>
>>89385820
>foreign nominee knows they won't win, but is looking on the bright side that the nomination is at least getting their name out
>Disney film representative automatically assumes he's won

How oddly appropriate. I guess Louis forgot there was a Pixar film out that year, though.
>>
>>89385820
Also

>tfw a fat animated gator will never flatten you with his ass
>>
>>89381853
>The Red Turtle
thanks for letting me know SG put something out this year

I actually had no idea.
>>
>>89381853
>Deserves to win: The Red Turtle
Fuck off with that Chinese shit
>>
Zootopia was actually a good movie - everyone went nuts for it when it came out.
>>
>>89382269
Red Turtle was fucking awful. There was honestly nothing good about it. It didn't even look nice.
>>
>>89388554
You have to account for the contrarians who can't get over "muh furfags" and "muh racism."
>>
>>89381853
due to my love for old cop shows, i will have to say zootopia
>>
>>89382284
>deals with prejudice but somehow avoids taking sides
I don't see how this is a good thing.
"Point out that something is bad without saying it's bad."
>>
>>89388554
It was, and I'd be fine with it winning if not for that fact I know Kubo is getting shafted.

And then there's Moana, which again was a fine movie, but there is literally nothing about that film which deserves an Oscar, but we all know it actually has a serious chance of taking it because muh brown girl.
>>
>>89389466
I think what he meant is that it addressed the fact that race relations are more complex than "X people are bad and hate everyone who isn't like them". There were characters in the film who obviously had prejudices against others which they weren't even necessarily aware of, it wasn't just a case where the writers put in a bunch of strawmen chanting "dirty preds go home".
>>
It'll be either Zootopia or Moana

You guys seem to forget that the Academy does not give a single crap about animation. So it's Zootopia for being the big animated hit, or Moana for being fresh in everyone's minds.
>>
The academy doesn't care about animation. If i worked on one of those movies, I wouldn't excited about being nominated.
>>
>>89389601
We're aware, have you not read the thread?
>>
>>89381853
the best thing about Kubo being nominated is that people might actually see it now
>>
>>89389718
That was a good joke anon.
>>
>>89384124
Rango won didn't it?
>>
>>89382107
>>89383775
tears and moans won't get you an award, anon.
>>
>>89388458
It's French though.
>>
>>89389714
>reading threads

I just scan the OP and go straight to shitposting. I'm a busy man.
>>
>>89388598
>Kubo autist gets to call for the better film
we know your film is the best fucking thing since sensitive condoms, calm down.
>>
>>89389755
It did, thank god. Before that the last non-didney winner was Happy Feet.
>>
File: Kubomb.png (237KB, 880x555px)
Kubomb.png
237KB, 880x555px
>>89389743
was it?
>>
>>89381853
Well no shit. Disney can afford it

https://youtu.be/qhfxo8xPNGU
>>
Kimi no Na Wa was robbed. ROBBED.
>>
>>89389886
The idea that people will go watch it because of the nomination was a very good joke, yes.
>>
>>89389601
No they get gifted, often the biggest spender wins.
That's why often the most popular movie wins, they have more money.

www.ibtimes.com/are-academy-awards-rigged-corruption-rumors-bribes-illuminati-other-oscars-conspiracies-1558831%3Famp%3D1
>>
>>89389987
>Page not found

What did you mean by this?
>>
>>89382608
not /co/ but Princess Kaguya really deserved that one
>>
>>89389987
Sorry bad link
http://www.ibtimes.com/are-academy-awards-rigged-corruption-rumors-bribes-illuminati-other-oscars-conspiracies-1558831
>>
>>89389916
this
>>
>>89382204
So basically you weren't watching.
>>
>>89389755
Yes but to be fair, what the fuck did Disney even have that year? Nothing of theirs was even nominated.
>>
>>89389916
>>89390069

Is it that good?
I downloaded it a while ago but I decided it just wasn't for me since I didn't like 5 cm per second
>>
>>89390163
Nevermind, just looked it up. They put out Mars Needs Moms, Cars 2, and Winnie the Pooh.

If Rango had lost to any of those I might have killed myself.
>>
Im just glad we're allowed to talk about zootopia on /co/ without being banned
>>
>>89390235
Zootopia generals were banned because it was turning into a NSFW circlejerk

And surprise surprise that's exactly what the trash thread is
>>
>>89390198
Winnie the Pooh wasn't that bad. Not good enough that it should've beaten Rango, but not comparably suicidally bad as Cars 2 and Mars Needs Moms.
>>
>>89381853
wtf is my life is a courgete
>>
>>89390623
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d9N5Y_sN8Q
Orphan story using stop-motion.
>>
>>89384065
>non-white
>winning Oscars
HA
A

there's three "black people" movies in the running but La La Land is going to walk away with everything
>>
>>89384582
when I saw BH6 I felt absolutely nothing and the best I could say about it was "not offensive"

then it won the Oscar and I can't stand it visage anymore
>>
Kubo definitely deserves Visual Effects, but I just didn't care for it as a movie.
Plot was boring and predictable, main characters were under-developed, soundtrack was kind of forgettable, voice direction was pretty weak overall, and casting a couple of token Japanese-American actors in bit parts made the contrast of every major character having a white actor all the more jarring.
>>
Hey guys remember that time Big Hero 6 won best animated picture and The Lego Movie didn't even get nominated?

Yeah, that was fun.
>>
File: b953.jpg (21KB, 480x202px) Image search: [Google]
b953.jpg
21KB, 480x202px
They should just get rid of the animation category do in fact to the bias of The Academy.
>>
>>89391142
if it doesnt win them all ill be mad

driver is best boi
>>
>>89392182
I do remember
>>
>>89390198
Winnie the Pooh was actually pretty good! It's technically the last 2d animated film that WDAS has put out. I understand why it wasn't nominated though, and Rango was on another level of quality overall.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.