[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will Marvel realize that Bendis is bad for business?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

File: bendis and his man.png (237KB, 255x442px) Image search: [Google]
bendis and his man.png
237KB, 255x442px
When will Marvel realize that Bendis is bad for business?
>>
They're too stubborn to admit they're wrong, they've already bet on him and are grooming him to be EiC
>>
>>89376468
He isnt.Hes an awful writer but majority of the time his shit sells. So at very least he's not apparently impeding sales
>>
>>89376468
When will you accept that he obviously isn't?
>>
>>89376468
Evidence?
>>
>>89376468
Is Jessica meant to have a little post-pregnancy pooch there?
>>
>>89376468
when Disney gets sick of Marvel comic's sales poison and begins to kick off useless SJW
>>
>>89376545
>but majority of the time his shit sells.

That's easy when you're selling through a monopoly running a system of franchise stores...
>>
>>89376545
Bendis' shit doesn't sell because it's good it sells because he gets big events, it is impossible to title a comic Civil War II and not have it sell, and even with that it barely outsold a standard issue of Batman.
>>
File: red-skull.jpg (107KB, 640x410px) Image search: [Google]
red-skull.jpg
107KB, 640x410px
>>89376468
Bendis + Spencer can all get fired out of a cannon.

Enough agenda driven stories.

I actually read through Steve Rogers: Captain America and I almost related more to the hydra recruit. Spencer in an attempt to go full SJW made me go, "hey, let's listen this nazi out". That's when you've become so out of touch with your reality that I'm actually agreeing with red skull.

Look at the middle panel of the image I have attached.

The guy also flat out hates the right win.

https://dougernst.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/nick-spencer-blind-hate.jpg?w=750

Reading this felt like taking a character, cap murica, and using him to push a narrative, I almost puked in my mouth reading this. Also, Nick Spencer hates rebirth because of "conservatism" lol

https://68.media.tumblr.com/108ffcab6ee002748057cef3424af211/tumblr_ofkgv08Goh1s1yyu8o1_500.jpg
>>
>>89377609
How is Red Skull wrong here though?
>>
>>89377664
Because he's just using shit arguments that people will agree with to get them to become Hydra agents, keep in mind that the guy who was at this rally became a suicide bomber.
>>
File: rdRaYEu.jpg (929KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
rdRaYEu.jpg
929KB, 1988x3056px
>>89377664
Yeah, Red Skull makes a point.

I read through this initually thinking that "alright, the most intriguing vilians are the ones that have truth to what they are saying". But reading through vol1 I quickly realized that that whole speech was supposed to be "omg so wrong how could you say such a thing", Red Skull isn't even wrong saying that we should be scared and cautious of foreigners entering our country. Look at Germany for example, Muslim Rape gangs.
>>
File: Feel the Bern.jpg (450KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
Feel the Bern.jpg
450KB, 900x1366px
>>89377733
Oh, you mean the Bernie supporter?
>>
>>89376468
The only way to vanquish him is if you clean house with the Marvel higher ups, as in take out Joe Quesadilla, Korean Alonso, Wacky Stephen, Fedora Brevoort, and everyone with power who keeps the Bendis out of pure nepotism or whatever reason it is that they keep it there.

Then you'll have to replace them with people who will actually require for a writer to have talent and to make sales, the Bendis will then be forced to turn in actual quality work or implode itself into non existence.

The other way you can get it out would be to convince Marvel Overlord Perlmutter that he's losing money with the Bendis. However getting an audience with him is very difficult unless you manage to get his phylactery but good luck doing that.
>>
>>89377664
He kind of has a track record of trying to destroy the USA since the 40s, so he's very likely to say whatever to get it done.
>>
>>89377745
>people against political correctness are literal nazis

thats why trump won, not even nazis like being called a nazi by some shitty comic
>>
>>89377745
>Look at Germany for example, Muslim Rape gangs.
Shit happens in Britain, but they feel the need to hide it for some reason.
>>
>>89377843
Agreed, it's exactly why Trump one.

Because one side is so far up it's own ass where they see all people who disagree with them fringe hate groups and the other side is basically silenced they tend to side with the marginalized groups (the freaking right wing).

PC culture just needs to die, they are the vilians they destroy everything they touch with hubris
>>
>>89378003
>PC culture just needs to die
It comes and goes in cycles. 20 years ago being PC meant including the disabled in everything.
>>
File: usagentcapwilson.jpg (655KB, 1249x1920px) Image search: [Google]
usagentcapwilson.jpg
655KB, 1249x1920px
>>89377664
>>89377745
It doesn't matter if he's right or wrong, if you read the comic you'll know he's only saying what the crowd he's addressing to wants to hear in order to manipulate them.

He would even say the opposite to get some SJWs suicide bombing themselves and it's not like Spencer shies away from mocking SJWs either (which he did and that still somehow managed to trigger /pol/), he's a left leaning centrist.

Comics will always have an agenda no matter how fucking annoying it gets, especially Captain America comics I mean the whole reason the character was created was because two Jews wanted to make stories about a character fighting Nazis and that was before the US got involved in WWII.

The thing right now with social media and shit people are very vocal about their opinions even if they are idiotic and not well thought out, especially people who have twitter (go and look up one of your favorite comic writers on twitter and chances are he's anti-Trump and a leftist). The thing is that Marvel is jumping into the SJW bandwaggon in a really annoying way and the editors are just letting them say whatever they want.

Still a lot of writers have the sense to leave a lot of their politics at the door but Spencer himself worked with the Democrat party so there was no way he was going to not be agenda driven in a Captain America comic.

But yeah Spencer hates right wingers and Republicans although the only right wing character that's sacred to him is USAgent since he admitted to having a soft spot for the character, I mean he wrote US Agent admitting wanting to build a wall and hating on PC bullshit and fighting the protagonist character yet he didn't vilified Walker.

>>89377773
Spencer would like this, he hates Sanders, make it Hillary and you might trigger him.
>>
>>89378034
we already had Grover Cleveland twice
>>
>>89378034
So progressive.
>>
>>89376468

Do you work for them or something?

Why do their profits matter to you?

Not sure who you want instead, he sells so much more than other Marvel writers. Odd how he's "bad for business" in your opinion but also at the same time the strongest draw for sales that they have
>>
>>89378068
>defending such hack
Do you work for them or something?
>>
>>89378037
Look, I only read volume one of ANAD Sam Wilson Cap and Steve Rogers Cap, both by nick Spencer.

I just can't stand the needles jabs at the other sides. I feel they take me out of the story. If you want to make a point in a comic make a point but don't just go, "hurhur everybody that doesn't like PC culture is one step away from nazi's". That stuff just shows how out of touch he is.
>>
>>89378077

No you idiot. This whole thread makes no sense. If you want to claim "bad for business" you would start at the bottom, not the top.
>>
>>89378068
>Why do their profits matter to you?
the more money they make the more books they can publish and the more writers they can hire to work on those books. the bigger their creative team the more probable I'll find writers who deal with themes and ideas I like working on their books, giving me more things to enjoy before I die
>>
>>89376468
when you stop buying his comics and doing a gazillon threads about him
>>
>>89376545
He's selling less and less now. Civil War II did absolute shit for an event and his solo comics are flagging hard.
>>
>>89378157
>yes, I work for them but for free
>>
>>89377814
I hear that his phylactery is the first dime he ever earned.
>>
>>89376468
Just because you, personally, dislike him (though I doubt that you actually met the man) and his writing, doesn't mean he's bad.

I may however mean that you're outgrowing most Marvel comics, perhaps it's time to find other reading material? There's something out there called "books" you know. I recommend picking up a few.
>>
>>89378185
Well then don't forget to buy your weekly Bendis
>>
>>89378255
You mean agorot, Perlmutter is from Israel.
>>
>>89377664
He's preying on the crowd's fears and concerns in order to manipulate them into doing what he wants and to rise to power not through force, but by the very will of the people he's manipulated.

Almost like some other well known Nazi.
>>
>>89378387
>>89377733
So the point isn't that the argument is bad, it's that the speaker is bad?
Somehow I doubt that was what the writer had in mind.
>>
>>89378037

>although the only right wing character that's sacred to him is USAgent

He writes Maria Hill as a villain, but she is also his waifu and he's mentioned that he frequently pitches comics starring her.
>>
>>89379213
To be fair though, when HASN'T she been written as a villain? Outside of her being a supporting character in Fraction's IM
>>
>>89377664
>How is Red Skull wrong here though?

He isn't, that's the point.
>>
>>89377664
Red Skull is wrong because many refugees are decent people and it's wrong to treat them as if they were all rapists and murderers.

Though some of them are rapists and murderers, obviously.
>>
>>89379388
Maybe just don't let them all in then?
Many aren't even refugees, you're letting economic migrants into your nation, if I wanted I could fake being a refugee and you euros would just go "wooh what a poor brown man"
>>
>>89379388
No, they form ethnic enclaves and colonies which propogate and perpetuate isolation. The refugees don't integrate and they foster the creation of more rapists.
>>
>>89377773
This is the part that offended me right here. When the fuck was the last time a white man suicide bombed anything versus the last time a muslim did it?
>>
>>89380500
true. most prefer to an hero in prison after seeing through their very public trial and securing their place in infamy
>>
>>89376468
Bendis is good at street stories and that's it, he should never be allowed to touch anything adobe that level, specially cosmic stuff.
>>
>>89376468
Bendis is good for business
Just not for Marvel COMIC's business
>>
Bendis is too fat to get out of the Marvel building doors, and Perlmutter is too cheap to widen them.
>>
When they stop letting him choose first and put him in a book without major MCU/Netflix heroes.

See how his Moon Knight run tanked.
>>
>>89377437
>it is impossible to title a comic Civil War II and not have it sell
They sure tried their hardest to make it not sell though.
>>
>>89378037
I just don't like the way that Spencer writes Captain America, both Steve and Sam, because they come off as highly ineffectual. The real captain America wouldn't care about the Political Machine in Washington and defy them doing what he knows is the right thing. I honestly think that Liberals are more afraid of Captain America exposing their lies, which is why Spencer write Steve as incompotent.
>>
>>89376468
I miss when print artists didn't look webcomic tier.
>>
>>89381771
We all do.
>>
>>89381771
You just can't get used to this unique style that Big Two has been trying to shove down our throats since 2012 :^)

It doesn't have anything to do with the fact that only Chris Samnee, Paolo Rivera, Steve Lieber and Karl Kerschl can pull it off.
>>
>>89379837
Everyone integrates eventually.

People said this about blacks when they came to Britain to take vacancies in the health services. There was race based panic from the paranoid right and people said that in twenty years England would be covered in black crime and there'd be no whites left.

A few years later, nobody even remembers all this, because the migrants integrated and none of the shit the doomsayers were foretelling came true.
>>
>>89377664

Uh, it's a massive blanket generalization. You could argue white males are a menace to society by that logic, by bringing all the shit they do and have done.
>>
>>89376468

After like ten more pregnancy plots?
>>
>>89381178
>Spencer write Steve as incompotent
what? Have you read Captain Hydra? he play everyone like a fiddle there
>>
>>89376892
Citation needed
>>
File: 1446061553084.jpg (43KB, 423x544px) Image search: [Google]
1446061553084.jpg
43KB, 423x544px
>>89376468
What does he have on them anyway?

Why does he get to just remove and rewrite in his own personal characters to the detriment of fans, sales, and not even getting into the top sold monthly charts any longer. Yet Marvel still does not reign him in, or stop letting him make his large events no one asked for and attracts little more than complaining?

What makes him immune to criticism and poor sales to the point of just letting him keep on doing what he is doing? It cannot possibly be that he makes them a shitload of money.
>>
>>89383437
Management are always slow to respond to change.

Change = risk in these people's minds. They remember that Bendis was profitable and they assume that he SHOULD be profitable. It will take multiple shitshows to convince them otherwise - even if he is less and less effective at making money, these people prefer to go with what they know and associate with profit than take a chance of any kind.

This is the same reason we get terrible films build by executive committee. Because these people are incapable of letting their antiquated ideas about what things do well go.
>>
>>89379837
A least more in USA,all my uncles and cousins there,only hang out with other mexas ,only buy houses near other mexas,then for some reason my friends and family in Europe mix or befriend more with the locals.
The truth nobody speak here in Mexico at least is
"That the majority of those immigrants are traitors to his Nation and only seek dollars because here is impossible study,work ,raise a family,make a business,or harvest the land"
They only think everything is impossible in his homeland.
>>
>>89376468
>I don't like him and my hugbox agrees with me so it must mean nobody else likes him
/co/ is not a good representation of the rest of the community.

>>89383378
>proving a negative
>>
>>89376468
>Bendis is bad for business

ON BENDIS
NO BIDNES
>>
File: 1482949445546.gif (867KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
1482949445546.gif
867KB, 480x336px
>>89380766
Severely underrated post
>>
>>89376468
when people start....IDK, do his books even break even?
>>
File: 1481502822331.gif (3MB, 220x209px) Image search: [Google]
1481502822331.gif
3MB, 220x209px
>>89376482
>grooming him to be E.i.C
Oh jesus christ, pls no. He'll sink Marvel into the abyss.
>>
>>89388088
Good.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.