[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Banner right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: x-men are stupid 1.jpg (203KB, 650x1001px) Image search: [Google]
x-men are stupid 1.jpg
203KB, 650x1001px
Was Banner right?
>>
File: x-men are stupid 2.jpg (236KB, 650x992px) Image search: [Google]
x-men are stupid 2.jpg
236KB, 650x992px
>>89376250
>>
File: x-men are stupid 3.jpg (217KB, 650x995px) Image search: [Google]
x-men are stupid 3.jpg
217KB, 650x995px
>>89376253
>>
no.
>>
>>89376250
It's Marvel so whoever was portrayed to be wrong is probably right
>>
>>89376271
>i never thought of it like that
that is so fucking wrong
Scott himself spent most of his time angsting precisely because of that and training himself to prevent him and others from doing harm
>>
>>89376734
Yeah, the guy who has to wear glasses to hide his optic blast eyes from literally wrecking everything knows would probably know a little thing or two about power and responsibility.
>>
>>89376250
In that the points he raised were valid yes. However this is the Marvel universe where people are stupid and do all sorts of things that justify the point of view held by the X-Men.
>>
>>89376734

This. That one line ruins this whole conversation. Also, Banner is wrong. There are plenty of people with powers and Marvel civilians are ungrateful assholes but mutants get extra hate despite being basically the same as others. It's why they don't make sense in how they are perceived and persecuted for being different.
>>
>>89376734
When mutants started showing up in numbers, the government should have started collecting these kids and sending them to a training facility until they were no longer a danger to others. Naturally their parents would have full visitation rights and they would under discreet observation for a couple months to see how they and their home community reacted after finishing training.

The kids would get career options in the military or counseling other mutants or whatever, depending on their power and temperament, which would all be voluntary. Plenty of counseling for everyone involved, especially for fearful or violent local flatscans.
>>
>>89376734
>Mister Sinister was Colossus because fuck you
Earth X didn't really care for the X-men, at least the post Giant-size ones (except for Nightcrawler)
>>
>>89379313
>terrorism works, the post
>>
>>89379313
They tried that, it lead to a girl with a little cloud she could move being pushed i to being a sniper

Marvel generals can't not get rock fucking hard over the thought of weaponizing mutants

Plus, inevitably, some chucklefuck is going to go nuts and use their centralized location as an opportunity to wipe them all out

Double plus, none of that actually stops the Marvel civvies from hating them anyways.
>>
It is perfectly in character for Banner to say this, since a large part of his life has been being hated and feared by the public. However, he's wrong about the X-Men. As the Hulk, he's strong enough to live a life where he can deal with humanity hating him. Hell, in some stories (ignoring Civil War 2) he isn't even able to die. Mutants are usually not that lucky, so they have to try for coexistence...or maybe try Asteroid M again.
>>
>>89376253
Did the x men have secret identities?
>>
>>89383016
I'm casual as fuck but from what I've read yeah. The whole public identities thing seems to be relatively recent. Though really what does a secret identity mean if it's known by a massive community of others?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.