[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck it. I like Kevin Smith...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 10

Fuck it. I like Kevin Smith...
>>
>>89368649
Fuck you, his comics are terrible.
>>
Oh boy, can't wait for the inevitable kevin smith hate thread this always turns into.
>>
>>89368649
...for dinner?
>>
>>89368666
>>89368695
All part of the plan.
>>
>>89368649
So sad to see what he became. Going from Chasing Amy to Yoga Hosers is a genuine tragedy.
>>
His podcast got me into comics. The interviews with comic writers were really fun for me. Of course its shit now, last few times I checked in its just talking about DC TV Shows and the Ghostbusters reboot.
>>
>>89368735
Obviously.
>>
>>89368649

I'm largely indifferent to him. He's done some good stuff but most of his work is pure trash. He's got to be the only person alive that is legitimately addicted to weed. He talks about it like it's crack.
>>
>>89368780

Didn't he do Yoge Hosers for his kid?

I'm willing to put faith in his Mallrats Netflix series whenever he starts working on that.
>>
>>89368649
I liked him.
Then he became an ego bloated fat sack of shit who only writes complete garbage because he can't remember how to make a comedy.
Really though I'm sure its more that he just got older which often leads to extreme apathy and then he had a daughter and that leads to not wanting to be one of those sub-human things known as comedy writers.
>>
>>89368918
Being for his kid doesn't excuse how godawful it is. And it's obviously not just that. Every movie he's done since Clerks 2 has been unwatchable. Red State was fucking garbage. That's just his movies, all his other media content is even worse.
>>
>>89368649
You'd like him to do what? He's not that terrible of a person but he is legitimately fanboy incarnate and cant take any bit of criticism.
>>
>>89369015
Why do you think /co/ has such an autistic sperg hateboner for the guy.
>>
File: why-are-we-walking-like-this.jpg (17KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
why-are-we-walking-like-this.jpg
17KB, 500x361px
>>89368649

Why are we walking like this?
>>
>>89368649

He's an inspiration, but the only time I really enjoy him is when he's teamed upped with Scott.
>>
Kevin Smith is like John K only he has some redeeming qualities while John has none.
>>
>>89368979
>Every movie he's done since Clerks 2 has been unwatchable. Red State was fucking garbage. That's just his movies, all his other media content is even worse.

Ah. I honestly wasn't aware of how bad his other stuff is because I've never paid attention to anything of his other than what is tied to his Askewniverse films.
>>
>>89368649
I unironically like all the View Askewniverse movies Dogma>Clerks>Mallrats>Clerks 2>Chasing Amy>Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

His Flash episodes were great as well.
>>
>>89368979
To me the greatest problem with Yoga Hosers was the critic-bashing whinefest at the end with Johnny Depp.

Seriously, you make a movie about a guy being forced to turn into a walrus and then bitch about it getting bad reviews?

I think he`s just an ego case, even worse than Shyamalan. He used to make good movies, now he makes stupid movies based on jokes he makes on his podcast.
>>
>>89368780
Kevin Smith would be the first person to admit how bad Yoga Hosers is. Say what you want about him, but the guy is pretty damn self-aware of the shit he makes.
>>
>>89369625
No, he just says
>it's not for you, I wrote this for teenage girls
>>
>>89369625
>Kevin Smith would be the first person to admit how bad Yoga Hosers is.

He really wouldn't.

Or rather, he has this problem where he's both humbly self-aware AND unbelievably thin-skinned. The dude cannot take even the tiniest criticism, and whines endlessly about it while also claiming he knows the movies are bad, they're just for the fans/his kid, etc.

I hated hearing him whine after Tusk tanked. It's a movie you came up with literally while high with your friends on one of your shows while spouting dumb ideas, of course it wouldn't succeed. The best he could have possibly hoped for that movie was for it to become an underground cult classic.

Smith has talent but he really needs someone t check his ego and to grow a thicker skin.
>>
>>89368666
Guardian Devil was all right.
>>
>>89369923
>Or rather, he has this problem where he's both humbly self-aware AND unbelievably thin-skinned. The dude cannot take even the tiniest criticism, and whines endlessly about it while also claiming he knows the movies are bad, they're just for the fans/his kid, etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaF_aX85teI
>>
>>89368735
Of course!
>>
>>89370077
What I don't get about this is that Smith isn't some greenhorn new director. He's been making movies for 23 years.

How has he not learned to deal with criticism yet?
>>
>>89370300
Being a huge manchild stoner might have something to do with it.
>>
>>89368649
but why
>>
Just like to say

I would gladly cum inside harley.
>>
>>89368649

I do too.

Keep him the fuck away from Batman. And no more rape stories, Kevin.
>>
I will gladly defend anything kevin has done. Except cop out, & jersey girl

Also fuck you Tusk was a great film for what the main premise is. The only bad parts of the film are the whole alison and teddy fucking each other behind justin longs back angle and the french detective guy part fuck man that just went on for waaaay to long than it should have. If the entire movie was just justin long and parks it would have been perfect.
>>
I like him but he needs to stop smoking weed while writing his scripts.
>>
>>89370865
underage
>>
>>89371131
jersey girl is a great cheesy dramadey
>>
>>89370865
I wonder if she has a friend named Pamela who's into botany. In all seriousness I still think name your kid "Harley Quinn" is stupid, he could at least name her Harleen Frances, so it's subtle in some capacity
>>
>>89368649
I didnt know Kevin Smith did anything /co/ related
>>
Tfw we will never see the original ending of red state. And it sounded fucking amazing too

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtXEtwAVgEc
>>
>>89371295
Are you kidding?
>>
>>89368649
He made batman tinkle tinkle in his underoos.
>>
>>89370865
She looks like Kevin
>>
I liked all his early stuff but I think Chasing Amy is mostly shit
>>
>>89371318
No, I thought he just did Clerks and a few other movies
>>
>>89371295
He's done a handful of ViewAskewneverse books with Oni Press, a run on The Green Hornet, a Batman mini that's actually really good when you get past that one thing, and run on Green Arrow.

There's also Clerks: The Animated Series, he's directed a few episodes of The Flash and Supergirl, and his regular comics Podcast.
>>
>>89371550
don't forget his daredevil, where it was a ripoff of a better story and ended with matt trolling mysterio into killing himself
>>
>>89369152
>Jay and silent Bob strike back
>That low
Come on amigo
>>
>>89371385

What bothered me the most was that he told someone about it. Why would Batman tell ANYONE he soiled himself? Why?
>>
>>89371419
Her face is mostly schwalbak. If anything her bod is all kevins side. Hopefully she didint inherit the fat gene
>>
>>89371712
She's got her ears, but everything else is straight Smith
>>
>>89371228
How old is she?
>>
>>89368666
His Green Arrow doh
>>
>>89370865
She doesn't look as bad as I expected but she also doesn't look as good as I'd hope
>>
>>89369152
>jasbsb below chasing amy
>>
>>89368649
I like his movies.
I don't like his comics.
>>
>>89369625
>Kevin Smith would be the first person to admit how bad Yoga Hosers is

He still defends Jersey Girl.
>>
File: Jim shock.gif (12KB, 168x156px) Image search: [Google]
Jim shock.gif
12KB, 168x156px
>mfw watching Yoga Hosers

At least I came out of it with one story to tell
>>
>>89371746
>How old is she?

19, I think.
>>
>>89371620
Like I said, I like them all. But Jay and silent Bob strike back has alot of really in your face humor that didn't really click with me. Also way too many cameos.
>>
>>89371861
>Also way too many cameos.
Maybe, but can you really blame him for making any excuse to work with Mark Hamill?
>>
>>89371550
>Batman mini that's actually really good when you get past that one thing
No, it isn't. It's fanfic tier.
>>
Fuck it, I'm gonna pay to see Moose Jaws.

I mean I liked Tusk.
>>
>>89371746
>>
Must watch tier: clerks. Dogma. Mallrats. Red State.

Please give it A chance tier: Clerks 2. Chasing amy. Jay and silent bo strike back. Tusk

Devided/meh tier: jersey girl. Zack and miri.

Avoid like plague tier: cop out
>>
>>89371914
Speaking of.

I'm pretty sure that in the audio commentary Kevin talks about how Jason Mewes was hitting on Carrie Fisher REALLY hard and she knocked him back even harder.
>>
>>89371991
What about Yoga Hosers?
>>
I genuinely enjoy most of Kevin Smith's work but his recent trend of putting any ridiculous idea he comes up with on film has been largely disappointing
That said having listened to his podcast I find him to be a likable and funny individual and from watching his movies I think he is a competent director capable of producing a great film for very little money
>>
I don't know anything about him but his wearing that oversized hockey jersey and ONLY that wherever he goes just gives me a bad vibe
>>
I like most of his work, too. There's very little to hate about his work, desu. If you like his sort of movies, you're bound to have a good time. His comic work in Green Arrow and Daredevil are pretty good, too. Love those stories.
>>
>>89370865
Her friend is hotter.
>>
I feel sort of the same way about Max Landis.

I totally understand the reasons people hate him.
I also dont fucking care
>>
Tusk

That is all.
>>
>>89368649
Irn Bru looking ass nigga
>>
>>89373406
Hey! I like Irn Bru.
>>
>>89371991
Clerks 2 is my favorite movie ever and I honestly enjoy it more than Clerks 1. Cop Out was bad, too, but it wasn't offensively so or anything.
>>
Now I understand there's a stigma against the prerequisite of having to be drunk/high to enjoy a movie.

But I was blitzed when I watched Yoga hosers and it was the FUNNIEST fucking thing I have ever seen.

It's not for everyone, but it helps that I'm a fan of hollywood babbleon. Because that's all it was. in jokes.

I'm not make excuses, or trying to convince anyone that it's good. But boy did I enjoy myself watch their daughters run around in yoga pants.
>>
>>89368649
We all like Kevin Smith, anon.
He's a fun guy and he has Baha Fresh.
But we all acknowledge its been a while since he made a great movie. If he ever gets his grove back (or makes more episodes of the Clerks cartoon) then I would be delighted but I wouldn't hold my breath.
>>
He dresses like a Juggalo, and not only that but it bugs me that he autisticly always wears the same clothes like some cartoon character, like he's trying to brand his own "look", go fucking shopping fatboy and by some grown up pants and throw out the 1990s oversized jorts
>>
>>89373243
For me Max Landis just hasn't made anything worthwhile that I've seen/ read. And his dialogue writing bugs me. Kevin has Clerks and his early films that, while not all perfect and have their own problems with the writing, feel more genuine too. Max thinks all of his writing and ideas are gold, and hasn't really proven himself to have that kind of ego
>>
>>89373243

>Max Landis

At least Kevin Smith wrote/directed Clerks and inspired a generation of filmmakers to go totally 100% micro-budget indie.

Landis has all of his ego without the talent or history to back it up.
>>
>>89371304
Fuck. That could have won him an award if they had the budget.
>>
I refuse to like anyone who names their daughter Harley Quinn. I'm a man of principle.
>>
>>89375081
>I refuse to like anyone who names their daughter Harley Quinn.

That's Schwalbach's fault. Smith was actually against it but caved.
>>
File: vsauce columbine.jpg (51KB, 800x634px) Image search: [Google]
vsauce columbine.jpg
51KB, 800x634px
>>89374777
Netflix paid him like $3 million for a script. He's evidently proven something to somebody up top.

Then again, he's apparently a super fast writer, so it might be just that he can regularly shoot out scripts fast enough, whatever the quality.

I dunno. I liked Chronicle, I liked his Superman and Wrestling videos, and I've heard decent things about Dirk Gently. I think everyone's opinion of him would dramatically improve if he just didn't touch twitter, or at least didn't talk about his movies/reviews/etc. No one's ever thought better of a writer or director or actor because he bitched on social media.
>>
>>89368649
He alright.
>>
>>89369152

>Clerks>Dogma>JSBSB>Chasing Amy>those other movies

ftfy
>>
>>89374754
I'm pretty sure he has said he dresses like that because he is a fat fuck who looks like a fat fuck in anything so he just stopped caring and decided to wear whatever was the most comfortable which for him is the jersey and shorts combo
>>
>>89376929
>not liking Mallrats or Clerks 2
That's some shit taste you have there friend.
>>
File: I Love Me the Ladies Ollie.jpg (286KB, 904x429px) Image search: [Google]
I Love Me the Ladies Ollie.jpg
286KB, 904x429px
>>89368666
Quiver is GOAT

Considering the rest of his work though, maybe it was fuckin' ghostwritten. I dunno by who, though, and it does have extremely Smith-sounding moments like this one.
>>
>>89369152
Mallrats
Clerks: the Animated Series
Clerks
Dogma
Chasing Amy
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
Clerks 2
>>
>>89375238
I dunno, I feel like the disparity between his comics/youtube shorts/Dirk Gently and his shitty movies suggest Max should just stick to mediums where he gets to keep creative control, rather than film, where writers are treated like a piece in a shitty machine and the director is the real artist.
>>
>>89368649
Kevin if you happen to stumble upon this thread, I just want to let you know the Smodcast you did about Carrie Fisher was extremely touching.

On that note, don't waste anymore time here, and please, please release! Record Smodcast more often. Loving that Hollywood Babble-on is currently being recorded weekly. I can't tell you how much of a bummer when you go on hiatus and I have no new smodco podcasts to listen for weeks on end.

You really should reach out to your celeb friends and record some podcasts together. It's so sad I'll never get to listen to a hour+ podcast featuring Alan Rickman and Jason Mewes talking. Or Jason with Carrie would have been adorable. So shia labeouf that shit and don't let your dreams be dreams.. DO IT!
>>
Why do people think Chasing Amy is such a great film? I'm reading the summary, and the premise sounds retarded from both ends.

First of all, girls who say they're lesbian even though they enjoy having sex with men are just awful. And they will accuse you of homophobia if you say they're not really lesbians but then jump on a guy's dick when the time is right. Idk what the girl's deal was in the film, but it didn't seem like her being a lesbian was the problem with her relationship. So ergo, she wasn't really one.

The other is also the dumb idea that lesbians can be convinced to have a straight relationship with a special dick, and it's something worth trying.

Also the fact that the film is about comic book writers, which gives off a vibe of "omg i'm so quirky and randumb XDDD" I guess things were different in 1999, but I don't really think nerd culture appeals to me in general, so maybe I'm just not in the target audience of the film.
>>
>>89378388
>complaining about movie you haven't seen.

Stay classy.
>>
>>89368649
i look like kevin smith.
>>
His work on the Flash and Supergirl is pretty good.
>>
>>89379819
that sucks
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.