[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me get back into Spider-man, guys. I used to love him but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 53710b14a320b.png (49KB, 405x450px) Image search: [Google]
53710b14a320b.png
49KB, 405x450px
Help me get back into Spider-man, guys. I used to love him but have since lost interest for whatever reason. It doesn't help that in the comics now there's apparently shit like black Spider-man and Spider-Gwen...
>>
Renew Your Vows (2016)
>>
>>89364894
Which comics have you read so far of his?
>>
>>89365021
A lot of Amazing Spider-man all the way into the late 90's, the JMS run and the odd TBP. I think I read a few issues of Ultimate Spider-man way back when it first started.
>>
>>89365020
amazingly spectacular taste.
>>
File: Scarlet_Spider_Vol_2_3_Textless.jpg (187KB, 626x950px) Image search: [Google]
Scarlet_Spider_Vol_2_3_Textless.jpg
187KB, 626x950px
>>89365154
>>89364894

One thing that drove me back into Spider-man's world was to read kinda-related titles: Remender's and Bunn's Agent Venom (2010) and Yost's Scarlet Spider (2012).

Even if they have similar powers (but not exactly the same ones), they get into story angles Peter wouldn't and is kinda fun seeing the differences.

Agent Venom is the darker tale, with Flash Thompson (the bully of Peter that later became his friend) combating the demons of his father, the loss of his legs during the war and the corrupting influence of the broken symbiote alien costume that he accepted to form part of the latest attempt by the government to produce their own black-ops super-soldier.

Scarlet Spider balances both the dark and the fun, mainly because of main character's attitude and the supporting cast.

It follows Kaine Parker - the really violent, eternally grump flawed clone "brother" of Peter - trying to escape Spider-man's crazy world in New York by going to Mexico, where he thinks he can finally relax and spend his days drinking margaritas in the beach.

Alas, while in Houston, Texas, Kaine rescues an almost dead Mexican girl (Aracely, who is fucking awesome) from cartel human traffickers and from there gets into the craziest assortment of situations as he reluctantly becomes the city's hero with "All the power, none of the responsibility".

He does stuff like fighting talking Mexican werewolves, trying to find and disarm a nuclear bomb without any experience of how to do it, killing Wolverine to pay off a guild of assassins, bedding complete strangers, traveling to "exotic" places and more....

It has some very heartwarming moments (specially because of the supporting cast), good action and lots of comedy. A must read, in my opinion.
>>
>>89364894
The pre secret wars mini "spiral"
>>
I really enjoy Spidey. It's Spiderman set in high school. The stories are all really fun.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-15-08-59-22.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-15-08-59-22.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>89364894
Spider-Man and Deadpool and Spider-Man Renew Your Vows OP
>>
>>89365993
This
>>
>>89365020
>Renew Your Vows (2016)

How's this is?
>>
>>89364894

>boohoohoo back in my day we only had one Spider-Man

Tough shit fuckbooy
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.