[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adventure Time/AT: Two Swords & Do No Harm Talkback Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 505
Thread images: 73

File: latest.png (149KB, 540x756px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
149KB, 540x756px
>Synopsis:
Two Swords - Finn and Jake contend with a mysterious, but familiar, new being.
Do No Harm - Finn makes amends at the Candy Hospital while Jake tries to connect with their unexpected houseguest.

>2 minute preview + subtitles:
Two Swords - https://qt.vidyagam.es/PmdFGDP.mp4
Do No Harm - https://qt.vidyagam.es/X6RMPKw.mp4

>Official previews:
https://youtu.be/PzT-A6E4vZc
https://youtu.be/OeeDNL7wPtc

>MEGA for S1-S7:
https://thecrazybunny56.wordpress.com/2010/04/22/adventure-time-with-finn-jake-episodesincludes-pilot

Spoiler leaks you fuckers, not all of us want to watch 2 minutes of an 11 minute episode. New back-to-back epidodes air at 7:30 central time.
>>
File: 4DjXJGZ.jpg (400KB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
4DjXJGZ.jpg
400KB, 2550x3300px
First for the Treefort is the best locale in the show, cozy as fuck and with a ridiculous amount of thought put into it.
>>
>>89364041
TV schedule is

>Monday, Jan. 23
Two Swords
Do No Harm
>Tuesday, Jan. 24
Wheels
>Wednesday, Jan. 25
High Strangeness
>Thursday, Jan. 26
Horse and Ball
>Friday, Jan. 27
Jelly Beans Have Power

>Monday, Jan. 30
The Invitation (Islands, Part 1)
Whipple the Happy Dragon (Islands, Part 2)
>Tuesday, Jan. 31
Mysterious Island (Islands, Part 3)
Imaginary Resources (Islands, Part 4)
>Wednesday, Feb. 1
Hide and Seek (Islands, Part 5)
Min & Marty (Islands, Part 6)
>Thursday, Feb. 2
Helpers (Islands, Part 7)
The Light Cloud (Islands, Part 8)

Airing starts at 7:30PM EST for two-episode days, and 7:45PM EST for one-episode days.
>>
File: latest.png (2MB, 1228x656px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
2MB, 1228x656px
Title card designed by Laura Knetzger and painted by Joy Ang
>>
File: latest-1.png (2MB, 1223x654px) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.png
2MB, 1223x654px
Designed by Michael DeForge and painted by Joy Ang
>>
File: latest-2.png (193KB, 1275x975px) Image search: [Google]
latest-2.png
193KB, 1275x975px
NIGHT 1 OF "5 NIGHTS"

Islands will be available for digital download tomorrow, so we will have 14 episodes in one week. Pat yourselves on the back I mean it
>>
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
>>
>>89364146
sort of shit
>>89364204
top tier stuff

I just don't get why they made Finn look so goddamn weird in the Two Swords title card
>>
>>89364105
You can buy the Islands mini-series DVDs starting tomorrow (Tuesday, Jan. 24) online at
https://www.amazon.com/Cartoon-Network-Adventure-Islands-Miniseries/dp/B01MRSB2HQ

Streaming purchase links are here
https://play.google.com/store/tv/show/Adventure_Time_Islands?id=Pyahhb08MuI
https://www.amazon.com/Adventure-Time-Islands-First-Look/dp/B01NCUF1JT
https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/adventure-time-islands/id1184442649

It's uncertain whether streaming sites will release tomorrow like the DVD will. iTunes states Jan. 30 release date, the other two sites say nothing.
>>
>>89364379
I was referring to (((CN))) in that post
>>
File: tumblr_ok958knhvP1vqv766o10_1280.png (499KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ok958knhvP1vqv766o10_1280.png
499KB, 1280x719px
>>89364393
>>
>>89364090
definitely among the top protagonist dwellings. up there with the Swat Kats' lair. that place seemed so full of cool stuff.
>>
>>89364105
Oh hey that's a good idea, let's completely disown the show for months, almost a year without anything like regular episodes, then air an entire half a season in two weeks.
>>
Here's to hoping it starts off strong.
>>
>>89364146
the title card reminds me to handdrawncurves jin moesashi
>>
>>89364041
Is Madridista going to provide a DDL for this episode?
>>
>>89365402
aw man don't remind me.. we finally got the susan episode we always wanted, then she got ruined.
>>
>>89365418
shit that reminds me, streams havent worked well in a while. I hope this isn't a situation like regular show just was
>>
>>89365418
Yes
>>
File: Map to Islands.jpg (3MB, 2115x3048px) Image search: [Google]
Map to Islands.jpg
3MB, 2115x3048px
>>89364041
CN already posted the intro for Islands to their twitter

https://twitter.com/cartoonnetwork/status/808420379408691202

A few observations
>The Unknown Lands guy is watching on a cliff
>Lochness Monster from The Sea of Sure Death roars
>Giant robot in the sea looks like the same one that surprised Martin in "The Visitor"
>>
>>89365689
What is the bottom image from? Never seen it before, real nice coloring.
>>
>>89365689
>Ooo is a phoenix
>there's a dragon trying to go up his bum
hey stay out of there, dragon.
>>
>>89365722
his bum is the hole near the center of the world silly
>>
>>89365391
CN has been doing this for at least the last year or two.
>>
I really hate that Susan is really important and in the way that she is.
>>
>>89365391
>an entire half a season in two weeks.
Regular Show has 3/4ths of it's final season aired in 3 weeks all together, with the rest not being promoted.

It's crazy that AT and RS are so neglected, like what the fuck?
>>
>>89365717
old old incredibly old concept of the show's world, by the guy who designed the backgrounds back in the day.

MAN it took a ridiculously long time for them to use it in the show. jesus.
>>
>>89365863
Are you talking about the black and white one Ghostshrimp made a million years ago? I don't think he made this one too, it definitely seems new. I thought it was something they made like specifically for Islands.

And hey, no sense in using a map when it's not really natural. We've seen a few aerial shots of Ooo here and there over the series.
>>
god dammit I had better be able to get a working stream
you think maybe someone dedicated like taima will help?
>>
>>89365918
I coulda sworn the one I've had for years was in color.

>no sense in using a map when it's not really natural.
I more mean that the writers could've been using the map for inspiration all along. Make the characters go to every place on there.
>>
>>89366041
OKAY. nowwatchtvlive is working. everyone try that one
>>
>>89366075
That's how nerds like us think, it's not how TV writers think. we want to just take the heroes we love and put them in situations and watch them interact, they write the story and then let the setting suit it.
>>
>>89366075
There was also a color one but it had very different coloring than in >>89365689

And yeah, they really haven't been utilizing the coolest areas. How have Finn and Jake yet to check out the Sea of Sure Death (great name), and the Hole Near the Center of the World would probably be cool to see in an episode.
>>
>>89366140
well when the premise of the show is "we'll go to very distant lands"...

the setting of the week used to be a much more important part of the show. nowadays it's often more like a sitcom on the same sets, plus wacky stuff.
>>
>>89366103
Link plz
>>
>>89366182
>How have Finn and Jake yet to check out the Sea of Sure Death (great name)
once I would've said, because Finn won't go too far from land. not these days, I guess?
>>
>>89364041
>don't have a TV
>waiting on piracy sites to upload tonight
>trying to have no expectations at the same time
Feels bad.
>>
>>89366218
true enough, they don't go to distant lands much at all. kinda like star trek TNG, it was the plan, but it's easier to stay near home
>>89366282
http://nowwatchtvlive.co/cartoon-network-live-cartoon-network-ondemand-watch-cartoon-network/
>>
>>89366355
sites? have you never heard of madridista?
just stay out of the site to avoid being spoiled, then ctrl-f mega about 15 minutes after it's over
>>
>>89366182
>How have Finn and Jake yet to check out the Sea of Sure Death

Something interesting an anon pointed out in another thread, the map Finn is using in one of the leaked pics seems to deliberately go out of their way to avoid said sea

>>89365689
>>
Is not going to be streamed?
>>
>>89366302
They got rid of his ocean fear a while ago (in such a horrendous fucking way but I digress) and he has a very compelling reason to head out this time.

But even then, Finn had no problem with bodies of water that weren't oceans, so a sea should have been awesome to him. How was season 1 Finn not chomping at the bit to go there the second he knew about it?
>>
>>89366589
>>89366395
>>
>>89366618
I thought it was a pretty cool way
a sea is ocean, you're thinking of a lake. see how it's ocean?
>>
>>89366660
Finn literally stabbing his fear away with a magic sword is cool? Shit was lame as hell and totally undid the moral of Ocean of Fear saying that the mark of a hero is his flaw. Stuff was just garbage man.

And I'm pretty sure Finn's Thalassophobia was really specific, so I think he should have been okay with Sea of Sure Death as long as he didn't head out to the border where it merged with the entire ocean mass. But I could be wrong on that. We'll never know at any rate.
>>
>>89366182
>Hole Near the Center of the World

IIRC that's where the mushroom bomb was dropped.
>>
>>89366716
>Finn literally stabbing his fear away with a magic sword is cool?
maybe it could've been okay if HE did it. I mean Finn stabs stuff to death, that's what he has always done. It would have been anticlimactic in a funny way.

But the sword did it for him. independently, which took away his opportunity to face his fear himself. which made it garbage.

The sword is garbage in general because it acts on its own.
>>
File: jake_dance2.gif (494KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
jake_dance2.gif
494KB, 500x280px
SEASON 8 BOYS
>>
File: anticipation.gif (198KB, 250x124px) Image search: [Google]
anticipation.gif
198KB, 250x124px
>>89366889
>>
I remember being an active part of the fanbase years ago, using LandofOoo forums, it was pretty fun.

For the people talking about the hole near the center of the earth location, multiple seasons ago around the Flame Princess introduction episode, there was an interview where Pen said they'd explore the crater, but nothing ever came from it. It was on an online interview and I'm sure you could find it, I think it was a pre season premiere interview, but he never said when the crater thing was planned, probably a series finale type deal. I remember talking to people on LoO about it and getting into deep discussion about how it might've been the original multi part TV movie thing, but I can't remember the details.
>>
>>89366887
>The sword is garbage in general because it acts on its own.
Take my cock out of your mouth because that's exactly why I hated the grass thorn/sword too.

It was cool but Finn had nothing to do with its coolness, he was basically a vessel it acted through, and that's lame. Every time it pops up it solves the problem all by itself while Finn stands there going 'woah this is happening now!' like a schmuck. Lame as shit.
The one time it was alright was in I Am a Sword because Finn did the actual fighting with it.

But I think that getting rid of his fear in that method, just stabbing it with a magic weapon, is just real lame. What's wrong with having Finn be afraid of the ocean? It's just a neat character quirk that had no reason to be removed and never got the attention it deserved.
If they had to get rid of it the best way it could have happened was have Finn actually have some damn agency in getting over it.
>>
>>89366954
I remember what you mean, that was just before season 4 started I believe.

You're getting them confused though, the Hole neat the center is in Ooo while the crater is somewhere else on the planet, they aren't the same thing.

I still wonder what ever happened to that concept, would have been way cool. It's been like half a fucking decade so if it hasn't happened yet I doubt it ever will. Stinks, could have been a cool as hell Fallout type episode.
>>
>up next, more we bare bears
wait what? th-they meant for the next three minutes, right?
>>
I gotta ask, are the episodes this week that important that I should watch them before Islands? I plan on picking up the dvd tomorrow and binging the mini series.
>>
>>89366954
>>89367020
IIRC the movie got split into different episodes with one of them being Something Big.
>>
File: 1315448131189.jpg (38KB, 299x259px) Image search: [Google]
1315448131189.jpg
38KB, 299x259px
>>89366971
>It was cool but Finn had nothing to do with its coolness
>Finn stands there going 'woah this is happening now!' like a schmuck

And now the REAL hero is it's own entity, and can save Ooo and fuck all his love interests without him!
>>
>>89367053
m-maybe it was an error?
>>
>>89364146
>>89364204
I... think you got those two mixed up.

Michael DeForge designed the title card for "Two Swords", and Laura Knetzger designed the one for "Do No Harm".
>>
>>89367053
I assume they are too stupid to get their own schedule right
>>
>>89367057
I believe only the first two that are airing today lead into Islands, the rest are just slice of life shit that you can watch after. Maybe?
>>
>>89366954
speaking of locations and FP, did you notice that place with the blue barbarians, where finn tried to make them less violent for the mountain, was recycled for FP's house, but scaled down considerably? funny thing is, that's not necessarily an error, you could easily imagine some kind of shrink ray hitting the entire region
>>
>>89367053
DON'T FUCK WITH MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>89367090
Ok cool, I haven't watched any of the slice of life/filler shit in this show since season 6 anyway.
>>
>poison ivy to the rescue!
uhhh...
>lena luthor
what?
>>
>Lena Luther
What?

>Poison Ivy to the rescue
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
>>
Is it airing?
>>
>>89367090
what the fuck is Islands? when will it be on tv and/or the internet?
>>
CN is borderline playing with my emotions, i have one of the most important exams in 13.5 hours and i need to get some rest, but i wont go to sleep before my AT fix
>>
>>89367053
ADVENTURE TIME IS NOW!
>>
its on now
>>
>>89367141
right now
>>
Is this it?
>>
>>89367141
yep jake confirmed dead
>>
File: jake_dance3.gif (383KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
jake_dance3.gif
383KB, 500x281px
Stream?
>>
Fuck, this is why I find it hard to stick with the show after all this time, they do little mood whiplashes and I can't fucking stand it. He was just messing around being light for once and she says "Finn this is serious" when he was just trying to make a quick joke, this shit bothers me like hell. Like when in Stakes he puts his hand on PB and Marcy's shoulders leaning it to be in the discussion, and they both just take his hand off in the middle of the conversation, it's supposed to be a visual gag but it's just rude, and I don't mean in the "MEAN SPIRITED WTF" meme way, it just seems like no ones really friends anymore, and there's so many times at random points when they try to joke but get shot down for no reason.
>>
>new adventure time
>no promos for it
What the actual fuck, i had to find out there was a new one through a tweet
>>
>>89367185
Can't wait to see how the finale is treated, probably the same as RS.
>>
stream is annoying, I'll come for Madrista in a bit.
>>
you guys think Finn will get another sword?
>>
oh donk, Susan.. I hope she gets back down to normal.
>>89367177
read the damn thread
>>
>>89367154
Miniseries (similar to Stakes) about Finn, Jake, Susan, and BMO leaving Ooo to find other humans. Airs next week, but will be released on DVD/ itunes tomorrow
>>
>>89367185
>>89367203
Adventure Time and Regular Show are old news. They should have died years ago.
>>
I love voice of Grass Finn holy fuck
>>
stop with the god damn susan shit
>>
Did susan just say her cells are on fire? does she know what those are?
>>89367206
maybe he'll try somethin else. he seems more like a morningstar guy to me
hey is grass finn voiced by zack shada?
>>
>>89364041
0 advertising for this. Looked over to my TV and I see this.

Why.
>>
>>89367212
yeah that nowwatchtvlive? I must be doing it wrong because its broken as hell
>>
>>89367215
god dammit that's the worst kind of leak

man I love this show. Even now it still feels like the kinda shit I write.
>>
what a bunch of dicks
>>
>>89367242
she is a main character this season get used to it
>>
>>89367261
well I had to type it by hand so I might have gotten it wrong

here's one I found online for it http://nowwatchtvlive.co/cartoon-network-live-cartoon-network-ondemand-watch-cartoon-network/
i mean it's too late now but like, use it tomorrow
>>
>>89366971
>Every time it pops up it solves the problem all by itself
I know they do it that way to keep Finn from using it whenever he feels like, because he'd use it constantly (as it should be) and that would take too much work to draw. isn't it great how they drag this half-assed stuff along forever instead of doing it properly.

>What's wrong with having Finn be afraid of the ocean? It's just a neat character quirk that had no reason to be removed and never got the attention it deserved.
Yeah it baffled me so much I've thought about asking the storyboarder of that episode why the hell he did that, or was told to do that. such a waste.

There was an interview a long time ago where Pen was complaining that nobody wanted to write about Finn's fear of the ocean and he wished they would. I guess he didn't try very hard to convince anyone of its value.
>>
Instantly recognized him lying with the grass on him from that one storyboard panel.
>>
duuuuude.. the other finn.. the one from the parallel timeline.. so he IS finn
>>
This dialogue doesn't feel natural
>>
>>89367328
Which parallel time?
>>
the exposed candy cane rebar in the walls is a nice touch
>i have a crush on jake
oh nurse poundcake... if youd gotten in there sooner...
>>
>>89367344
Adventure Time has become pure kino at this point
>>
>>89367242
it's never too late right? RIGHT? makin up for lost time babe
>>
>>89367246
TTG all up everyone's crawhole
>>
>>89367356
the one where he was present when Jake became the new Prismo. his timeline got erased when this jake DIDN'T become the new prismo, so there was both of them, and the other finn became a sword
>>
>>89367328
Yeah, it was pretty obvious considering he got turned into a sword in an episode dealing with time loops.
>>
Talk about wasting time to fill up an 11 minute slot.
>>
Stream:
http://192.95.33.51/live/ko8TN9McT_gsA2YmT_UOjg/1485226750/720933e62452d65671c676a065c18192.m3u8 (CN IPTV)
>>
>BMO wants her cake eaten
cmon now you're making it too easy.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-01-23-16h58m43s330.png (1MB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-01-23-16h58m43s330.png
1MB, 1280x738px
Two Swords download link here:

https://mega.nz/#!fgwXga4L!mKScK4jMZAdYhiTAXMv2M7uibEyFc-EUId52QG0X05E

Found the snail in pic.
>>
>more we bare bears
CN doesn't give a shit about promoting adventure time do they
>>
File: 1474755603229.jpg (167KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1474755603229.jpg
167KB, 327x316px
>COMING UP NEXT MORE WE BARE BEARS

lmao they dont even have adventure time bumpers for this era of CN
>>
>>89367157
good luck buddy, hope you smash it
>>
>>89367422
>>89367425
Jesus Christ
>>
>We Bare Bears Next

Not even CN know what their own schedule is
>>
>ending of schedule-seen last wbb episode
>"up next more wbb"
>AT starts
>AT's first ep is over
>"up next more wbb"
>there's still a new AT coming on

This is the proof I was looking for, they through the Regular Show series finale in an all day Titans marathon last minute, and they did about the same with AT tonight, with WBB supposed to be in this time slot.

Make of that what you will.
>>
>no advertising for two weeks of new AT
>advertising for one new TTG a week
>>
File: 636045476647823591-LGB-CC-0003.jpg (28KB, 534x401px) Image search: [Google]
636045476647823591-LGB-CC-0003.jpg
28KB, 534x401px
>>89367157
>i have one of the most important exams in 13.5
It's like the second week back for college and at the most third for some high schools.
>>
>>89367367
>>89367425
>>89367422
>>89367446

They really don't give a shit. This show's been dead in the water for years.

I think they're only doing this to fulfil some sort of contractual obligation.
>>
>>89367451
at least they promoted the islands mini series online a lot.
>>
>>89367462
Does AT sell merchandise?
>>
I thought the lich was in the sword for sure
>>
>>89367400
help me out brah
what the hell do I open that with?
>>
iirc the penultimate episodes of rs got like .45 or something because they were on a saturday at noon with no promotion, and CN's online schedules didn't note it either
>>
>>89367462
which I can understand for regular show, but they ordered another season even after this one and have a big screen movie coming in a few years. No need to kill promotion for this yet.
>>
this is not the best metal arm ever but it'll do the job.
>>
TFW you'll never have jake crumb bacon all over your body
>>
>>89367489
I have no idea anymore. I mean there were some videogames... and maybe some shirts...
>>
>exposition on the second episode too
fuuuuuuuuuuucking hellll
>>
>>89367446
>Up next.. uh... something with dot eyes.. looks like a kid with polar bear ears.. some little yellow animal.. uhh.. we bare bears! yeah.
>>
>>89367417
THANK YOU BASED GOD
>>
>>89367489
jakks pacific or jazzwares (i forget which) made godawful toys that broke if you looked at em funny
>>
God damn it stop making all the woman be pissy at finn.
>>
>>89367532
gotta happen so whenever this show repeats people won't be completely confused
>>
>>89367522
well fucking damn why didn't they do that in the first place?
>>
wait, is she back to normal now? looks like it. thank god. that ugly look was NOT working for susan
>heart glasses on top of her glasses
i love you doctor princess
>>
w-what the fuck

why is the show getting so deconstruction-like?
>>
Hahahahaha she isn't a doctor OR a princess.
I love this setting
>>89367581
I actually kinda like what happened. we thought it was all retconned and his arm was back, but it turns out that was grass all along
>>
hey its grass wizard!
>>
>>89367460
I dont really know how to explain it, but in my school we have 3 quallifications to get technician title, one theory and one practical for each, already did theory like 2 weeks back, now in 13 hours i have the practical part, its basically almost 2AM here. (this most retarded attempt at english was brought to you by some dude in poland)
>>
>>89367428
Thanks dude
>>
>>89367597
>implying it wasn't always
the very first time the moral of the story was something that wouldnt normally be the moral of a story, and nobody learned anything and just went home and killed somebody, this show had solidly established itself as the deconstruction adventure show
fuck, in the pilot when Finn suddenly got a vision from abraham lincoln.. on mars...
>>
>>89367611
>his arm was back, but it turns out that was grass all along
his regular arm was back for all intents and purposes. he got a sword he could use occasionally same as always, only difference was, when it showed up, it was attached to his body.
>>
Wizards!
No sense of right or wrong!
>>
Wow.
So, Finn just keeps hitting it with having shitty dads, then?
>>
man, tardigrades here, tardigrades in voltron.. gettin a lotta tardigrades lately
hmm I thought we already saw grass wizard and kinda dealt with his whole thing. is this consistent with that?
hahaha i love that the grass wizard had no idea what he was doing with the grass blade, he just wanted to make a pun. that's meta as fuck
>>
>hey being doctor feels ri-
>fucks it up
>"finn you're so retarded you couldn't be a doctor"
I'm struggling to stay in this.
>>
>>89367671
naw for a while he didnt seem to have the grass arm at all. then it turned out it was there, but unlike before, he couldnt use it on command
>>
My TV skipped, what did he say his name was?
Fern Mertens?
>>
LITERALLY

NOTHING

HAPPENED
>>
>>89367731
Fern A Human or something

Also wtf why does SU's promos have to have a woman narrator? It's the only one.
>>
Hahahahaha Finn's thing worked.
and glorious grass hair.
man it feels weird now seeing a sword as a person, and the previous sword was kind of also a person, after I was drawing all the swords as people...
>>89367731
fern the human
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-01-23-17h09m55s076.png (947KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-01-23-17h09m55s076.png
947KB, 1280x738px
Do No Harm download link here:

https://mega.nz/#!yhwR0IpK!KPajqoa_WOfWLSlaWSTvnEPZe3aD7GfRaPj4SG1mUis

Snail in pic attached
>>
What the fuck was that

I think I like it? The Islands mini series come out tomorrow, right?
>>
Well, that was boring.
I don't remember when it was specifically, but at one point AT's pacing just got shot through the chest with a cannonball. Episodes became extremely slow, with so many pauses between jokes that they don't even connect.
I was gonna watch all the new eps for a kick, but only CN could care less than me now.
>>
>>89367731
>>89367747
Fern the human

Fuck I can't wait for islands tomorrow. Heard part 5 or 6 is the real emotional one where we get the backstory
>>
>>89367763
Yeah
>>
>>89367741
First pisode gave Finn his robot arm and established that Fern was a thing.
Second episode established Fern's "motivations" of his being, including "origin", and Susan's condition.
>>
Maybe I'm just easy to please but I enjoyed these few episodes. Save for Fern ditching the scene within a single episode.
>>
Why is a food comercial using the up song?
>>
>hey girls, enjoy happy meals consisting of a fucking clementine and some lip gloss!
remember when we were trying NOT to drive girls to anorexia?
>>
File: 1467944520948.jpg (11KB, 160x222px) Image search: [Google]
1467944520948.jpg
11KB, 160x222px
>Susan is a main character this season
>>
>>89367768
>>89367783
I thought Islands wasn't until next week
>>
wow, adult swim at 7?
and it's KotH? but it's fucking stretched to widescreen.
>>
>>89367789
ya that wasn't much, probably could have done that in one episode if we crammed it

but of course we needed the 5-10 minutes of fake out where Finn and Jake don't trust Fern at first
>>
>>89367417
>>89367761
Thanks madrid, we love you
>>
The plot is still fucking awful but at least it's still funny.
>>
>>89367766
I don't know, I kind of like a slow paced episode. It means there's to chew on, in a way. At least for me, it wasn't painfully slow.
>>
>>89367841
It's 8 PM.
>>
>>89367804
Why doubt your own taste? If you liked them, they're good.
>>
File: grease.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
grease.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>89367856
Suppose you're right. That last bit where its revealed Finn fucked up gave me a good laugh.
>>
Finn still getting fucked on. Nah.
>>
>>89367730
so we didn't get to see it most of the time, and most of the time he couldn't even control it so his victories weren't really his. shit-tier "sword" 1/10 good riddance.
>>
>>89367886
The Grass Wizard sure does have the druid vibe down pat.
>>
>>89367498
oh, VLC. I see. Okay, thanks man. This gonna work all fortnight?
>>
>>89367498
VLC or Livestreamer

livestreamer.io

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N0ErOWKjOQ
>>
File: umblr_lo9qy8DytO1qfy2kdo1_500.gif (296KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
umblr_lo9qy8DytO1qfy2kdo1_500.gif
296KB, 500x281px
>Doctor Princess is neither a doctor nor a princess
>>
File: 1444360757154.jpg (5KB, 153x175px) Image search: [Google]
1444360757154.jpg
5KB, 153x175px
>answer to grass finn's dilemma was because he just felt like making a sword
>doctor princess
>fakeout on finn being good doctor at end
>that fern hair flowing in the wind to end it

I love the simple shit in the show that just makes it hilarious. I'm glad there wasn't anything big behind the sword, and it just being a bored wizard's creation.
>>
>>89367804
I've enjoyed all of AT except the 'breakups'
and even those were still fantastic episodes
>>
>>89367841
Too lazy to check my guide but this is probably a newer season episode I think. I can't usually remember Koth episodes from what the content is since I haven't seen it in awhile, but the pro-pain gaming episode is one of the last season eps right?
>>
>>89367956
Those were specifically the dumb parts, and as soon as I saw the hair thing at the end I knew it'd end up on /co/ because it's "beautiful".
>>
>>89367956
that is kinda what AT is all about isn't it
in the end nothing big or epic happens with the entire world being saved, it's just a lot of stuff happening.. and in the end it'll all be gone except lemonhope, who will just say fuckit and go to bed
>>89367979
later for sure, though honestly having started watching a lot more KotH roughly in order, i've noticed a lot of 'later' episodes turn out to be way earlier.
>>
>>89367956
>I'm glad there wasn't anything big behind the sword

What about Cthulhu?
>>
File: Wizard's shotgun.gif (25KB, 600x263px) Image search: [Google]
Wizard's shotgun.gif
25KB, 600x263px
>>89367956
Honestly I hadn't even considered the Grass Sword's origin story.
I loved that it was just a case of wizards doing wizard shit ala >>89367686
>>
Watching it now

Grass Finn's voice creeps me out and Jake getting hit by the anchor again was fucking hilarious
Liking it well so far
>>
>>89368028
>ala
You're this obnoxious in real life?
>>
>>89368065
what, are you spanish or something.

Finn being wrong about medicine, and then being right was great.
>>
>>89367417
>>89367761
>including ending credits
Much obliged.
>>
>>89368048
I wanna know who grass finn is. also, is it the same as the little octopus guy? it kinda sounded like it was
i want it to be zach shada because how fucking appropro would that be
>>
>>89368093
>Finn being wrong about medicine, and then being right was great.
Yea because there's nothing like an episodic status change with the main character liking it but being called out on something and being told to get the fuck out, but then it was shown what he was doing would've worked and the only thing between him being happy and helping out was a "get the fuck out!" moment.
>>
>>89367899
>>89367723
He continues to fuck up and suck, while the alternate version of him assimilates with the grass sword entity and basically becomes a more competent and better version of him riding off into the sunset on a motorcycle to find himself and have more interesting adventures. Only the writers of AT can come up with this!
>>
>>89368105
wait how did maddly moo record ending credits? theyre cut off on TV and copied over with ads
>>
>their mom's records got broken
aw that's legitimately sad
>>
>>89368160
It's probably on their website.
>>
File: Gondola blown.jpg (43KB, 960x719px) Image search: [Google]
Gondola blown.jpg
43KB, 960x719px
>>89368155
>>89368149
dude, chill.
>>
>>89368149
yes, that's called comedy. I see you're new to TV, you should try watching other tv shows
>>89368180
what?
>>
>>89368005
Please explain further on why they are dumb parts. Also, Finn's hair is always nice to see. That first reveal when it was long as hell will still be a great gag.

>>89368006
What do you actually want from AT? Jake and Fern did some exploring like earlier days, and Finn got to do his own thing and play doctor. This could fit in with S1 stuff of the two just hanging around Ooo.

>>89368007
Wizard made cursed magic sword. Seems legit to me.
>>
Finn pattin Jake's head was pretty cute
>>
Can someone explain to my why every episode of this show is consistently unsatisfying?

Like I can watch every show on Cartoon Network just fine. Whether I enjoyed the episode or not, none of them leave me with this empty feeling as if I shouldn't even bother watching it in the first place the way Adventure Time does.

It's confusing and unpleasant and it makes me not want to watch the show anymore.
>>
there a reason that Dr P was such a bitch? she's always been pretty nice in her other appearances.

>>89368344
the show got a good deal worse over time. just more boring and not that entertaining. not a big mystery man.
I still find it watchable, and even good sometimes.
>>
>>89368344
It has been explained before and the general consesus it's that despite of not being bad, more often than not enjoyable or very enjoyable, AT reeks off of wasted potential.

At this point many just watch hoping the team will take a turn for the better, but they don't, it's our fault or expectations are too high, but also thiers for not trying hard enough.
>>
>>89368374
She was tired from working double shifts
>>
>>89368290
shit dude I'm reading my post now and realizing it sounds negative. I was happy about that.
>>
>>89368344
You're watching a show you don't like, wondering why you're not having any fun. It's not that complicated- watch something else.
>>
>>89368048
>>89368136
Hayden Ezzy, whoever that is.
>>
>>89368552
this
>>
>>89368374
I mean, I've watched tons of shows with quality dips. Even ones with dips greater than Adventure Time don't evoke this feeling. Like normally if a show gets bad I can just accept that it's bad either stop watching it or stop making fun of it like Family Guy or something.

>>89368409
Hmm, I think this makes sense. The show isn't bad, but it did go from something unique and important to me as a kid to just meh. I kind of wish they would just double down and make the show overtly terrible. I almost feel like that would be better than this.

It's like it's on life support or something.
>>
Was the grass wizard in an earlier episode because that whole exchange gave me some major deja vu.
>>
Watched em, they were both pretty good but not outstanding. Grass Finn is cool but it weird me out that he's basically part alien, I sort of think aliens should be something AT stays away from.

There were a bunch of parts where I just thought the joke or whatever dragged on for too long, but that's something that happens a lot these days.

Gotta say though, why couldn't they just let Finn be a good doctor and have fun with it? They gotta shit on him, then at the end show that he was actually right the whole time. It's like what the fuck man, really unnecessary.

I'd give the double a 7/10 ranking. Good enough for me.
>>
>>89368628
He was in Blade of Grass when they first got the Grass Sword. He built up a much more impressive fortress since then.
>>
>>89368628
really nigga?
>>
Overall I rate thag episode a 7/10. It was very humorous, but the first episode reeked of filler. Looking foward to the rest of the season though.
>>
I feel robbed that them messing around with a tank was never in an episode.
It could have been a much cooler version of We Fixed a Truck.
>>
>>89368630
>alien
i'm pretty sure he was supposed to be a small Old One
>>
>>89368630
>I sort of think aliens should be something AT stays away from.
Except everyone from mars
and the comet
and the people from Orgalorg's planet
>>
>>89368344
I think the special confusion comes from the show not knowing what it wants to be. it's everything and nothing. for a story to be satisfying there needs to be some implicit communication between the writer and the audience about what their expectations should be. I guess because AT doesn't do this, you could call it avant garde. But since it's not on purpose I'm just going to say it's so incompetent it's surreal, like The Room but a cartoon.
>>
>>89368682
this.
But maybe they though of that idea later, and didn't want the plot to be too similar to that episode.
>>
>>89368725
Mars people were much more like people from Ooo than actual aliens.

And I know there are aliens in the show, I don't think they fit into the overall picture very well. That's specifically what I was referring to.
>>
>actually liked the episode
>but don't really feel like there's much to discuss about it

I feel like this so much of the time with modern AT, I don't know what the hell happened. It definitely didn't used to be this bad.
>>
>>89367761
Thank you
>>
>>89367378
I do not remember this happening at all
>>
Why was the Grass Demon mad about not being able to become a perfect copy of Finn?
>>
>>89368983
The episode did air 3 years ago.
>>
Finn is still being a downer - yeah. I'm kinda happy this show is ending soon - it's not getting any better. What used to be a fun show really is is as depressing as /co/ says it is.
>>
>>89369020
Because he wants to be Finn and he thought he was Finn.
I don't think you would feel very good if it was made aware to you that you weren't yourself and just some shitty grass copy of yourself that can't even eat food.
>>
>>89368344
I really enjoyed these two episodes so... I suppose it just isn't for you.
>>
>>89369089
>Finn is still being a downer
What?
>>
>>89367899
>>89368155
A hero's journey shouldn't be easy or instantly gratifying
>>
>>89369089
>I'm kinda happy this show is ending soon
It's not.
>>
>>89369126
It's a classic case of mimicking the opinions of those around you, even when it doesn't apply.
>>
>>89368743
>I think the special confusion comes from the show not knowing what it wants to be.
I think it's more the people watching it want it to be more than it is.
>>
I'm buying the episodes off of google play, dailymotion should be fine?
>>
>>89369178
Probably.
>>
>>89369176
>I_expect_nothing_and_I'm_still_let_down.jpg
>>
File: 565z9ReP1t55oye.png (169KB, 439x304px) Image search: [Google]
565z9ReP1t55oye.png
169KB, 439x304px
>introduce new character
Oh hey that's neat.
>he literally drives into the sunset after 5 minutes.
Fuck off.
>>
>>89369127
He'll never be as badass as he was as a squeaky 12 year old so he might as well give up.
>>
>>89369222
No, it's not about expecting nothing. It's about people expecting AT to be something it's not. AT has always been an eclectic mix comedy, the surreal, comedy, with a dash of drama. People want there to be this simple overarching grand narrative, but that has never been AT's focus. Their frustration and confusion is their own fault.
>>
>>89369357
>simple overarching grand narrative

Sometimes it is though
>>
File: S6e19_Jake_brings_back_Prismo.png (890KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
S6e19_Jake_brings_back_Prismo.png
890KB, 1920x1080px
>>89368983
Happened in "Is That You".
past-Prismo sets up a plan-b to bring himself back to life in the future. Shenanigans happen and Prismo keeps the time-loop paradox free by getting Jake#2 to sleep for eternity and getting his body to turn into a clone of his original one and getting Finn to unwittingly turn Finn#2 into the Finn Sword.
>>
>>89369126
>>89369161
I'd love to know how people like that react to basically all the classic greek hero stories. odysseus, hercules, jason, that one guy who got cuckolded by hades.. they all suffered for ages until finally having either an okay ending or dying tragically
>>
>>89369357
There was nothing I'd call drama until season 4 or 5 when they started trying to do story arcs. That's when they overstepped the bounds and messed up the whole atmosphere of the show.

>People want there to be this simple overarching grand narrative, but that has never been AT's focus
ah but it's being used as bait to keep people watching, so there was a flipflop where the drama became the backbone and everything else became "filler" around those parts. They needed to either back off or push harder but they stayed in the middle and you can't do that.
>>
>>89369300
That was shallow, kiddy badassery. Thoughtless "gonna beat up bad dudes woo!" kind of mentality which I think was kinda touched on with Fern this ep - he latched onto fighting evil and went overboard with it because it was the most basic Finn thing he could do. But being a good hero and being Finn isn't that simple
>>
>>89369268
We call those characters one-shot characters. You should be used to them as they appear in many cartoons series.
>>
>>89369485
Maaaan Adventure Time's a fuckin cartoon dude not a literal Greek tragedy. Their end goal is to have Finn be stronger and better off than he started but cheese and crackers they're doing poor job of it considering he seems worse off in almost every measure.

Plus it's just not all that fun to watch.
>>
>>89369547
Not him, but Finn's story is very much like that of a Greek hero. Hall of Egress and Flute Spell were brilliant examples of this.
>>
File: Reign of Gunters (S04E24).jpg (187KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Reign of Gunters (S04E24).jpg
187KB, 1280x720px
>>89367115
>>89367090
>slice of life shit
You guys seriously don't wanna check out "Wheels", with epic skateboarding, a potential new waifu, and Jake being more involved as a dad (something fans have been whining about since the infamous ending of "Jake the Dad")?

And Wednesday's episode is gonna mark Pen Ward's first time boarding on the show since Season 6's "Bad Timing"!

James Baxter's beautiful animation is returning on Thursday's episode.

And Friday's "Jelly Beans Have Power" is definitely gonna be relevant in future episodes since it's elaborating on the Elementals that were introduced in Season 6's "Evergreen" and Season 7's "Elemental".

You guys make me sick.
>>
>>89369636
Sure they play around with it but you're a kidder if you think Finn's gonna end the show being exiled from Ooo or horribly murdered or something else like that. That's just crazy.
>>
>>89369516
I never watched AT for that, so I guess that explains why I'm not disappointed. I've been happy with the balance between 'drama' and 'filler' personally.
>>
>>89369640
I said "that you can watch after" guy, doesn't mean never watch it.

And come on who gives a shit about James Baxter, his gimmick got old before his first episode ended. Of all the damn characters they could have brought back, geez.
>>
>>89369523
>Thoughtless "gonna beat up bad dudes woo!" kind of mentality
The original Finn liked slashing shit up but he was still very thoughtful and committed to his morals. I can appreciate the show trying to tear down Finn's morals and known ways of doing this, but if it means he can't succeed and can't be effective, it's lame.
>>
>>89367319
Yeeeeah, buddy!
>>
>>89369675
I never said that.
>>
>>89369523
And also with Finn - he tried doing something else to help people this ep by being a doctor. He felt right about it at first because it seemed like his simple solutions worked but it turns out issues are more complicated than that

The whole ep was basically making a point of how how Finn at this point in his growth is way more complicated than his one-dimensional S1 self who thought he could be a hero by just fighting things
>>
>>89367417
I want to have your babies... but you probably get that all the time.
>>
File: Ninotchka (1939).gif (2MB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
Ninotchka (1939).gif
2MB, 500x374px
>>89367519
>still believing that we're getting a movie
You're kidding, right?
>>
>>89369640
I can't wait for Jelly Beans, should be a good PB ep
>>
>>89369706
The writers of a show have some responsibility to suggest what we're supposed to be watching it for. If you put emphasis on the wrong thing, it's like advertising a romance as a horror movie or something.

People get hooked up on the dramatic parts of AT because the show itself makes a huge fucking deal out of it, while at the same time the comedic parts got really slow and half-assed. It's like a big sign saying
>WAIT FOR THE GOOD PART IT'S COMING
>>
>>89369091
But I thought the Grass Demon was in control and aware that he's not Finn?
That's why he said "I can't do anything right" and why he's using the Grass Demon's voice.
>>
File: you know you want it.jpg (39KB, 561x581px) Image search: [Google]
you know you want it.jpg
39KB, 561x581px
>>89367409
>>
>>89369880
I agree with you, but since I have had MY expectations met, I find it hard to relate.
>>
File: Model Sheet.jpg (144KB, 979x581px) Image search: [Google]
Model Sheet.jpg
144KB, 979x581px
>>89367612
>grass wizard
*Grassy Wizard
>>
>>89369920
Everyone has diferent standards of quality, I guess.
>>
>>89367766
T H I S .

At least the writers are getting less artsy-fartsy and slightly more direct with their exposition.
>>
>>89370040
Nice backhanded comment.
>>
so is someone going to either rip Islands and put it up, or promise not to talk about it in the threads? or am I gonna have to stay out of all the new threads for this entire special fortnight
>>
>>89370087
Is it wrong for me to have liked "artsy-farsty" over "unfunny and dreadfully slow"? I mean, I'm at least still excited for Islands, but now I'm worried it'll have the same pacing issues the past 4 episodes have suffered from.
>>
>>89369802
for this idea to work they've really got to work at making him a smarter character who's clearly dropped his simpler ways. instead of that he usually just, does less.
>>
inb4 Fern punching the wizard and Jake telling him to take it easy gets compared to the nazi thing
>>
>>89369846
Since this is the longest running CN original ever, I think it'll probably get a real movie in theatres. But it can't be like these mini-serieses, it would have to be more polished. Some company will have to take Pen's script and animate it.
>>
>>89368630
>There were a bunch of parts where I just thought the joke or whatever dragged on for too long
This bothered me not just once or twice, but throughout the entire two-parter. If the writers wanted to give this story slower pacing/more time to breathe, yet still needed to fill in extra space with "jokes" like Jake circling Fern or the Banana Guard repeating that they need the huge ambulance, they should've just stuck with a singular 11-minute episode to introduce Fern.
>>
>>89368932
Hopefully, this won't be the case by the time we reach the final season.

There is still a Season 9, right? It's just gonna be shorter?
>>
>>89369547
>Plus it's just not all that fun to watch.
Pretty much.
>>
>>89367076
Fern probably doesn't have dick
>>
>>89370516
Dude, Pen's apparently been trying to figure out the story for almost TWO YEARS now! If it even gets past the story stage and they can start getting concept artists, storyboarders, and character/background designers, AT will probably seem even more irrelevant to the general public than it has been since CN stopped promoting it the past year.
>>
>>89368630
Even though they still want Finn to "improve" and such they're still gonna give him gut punches. Him getting has ass handed to him by alternate Finn and getting told "fuck off at the end of Do No Harm" are like swirlies compared to the stomping of his balls that came in previous seasons.

I am also calling "Fern" developing with Marcy and PB more that Finn ever could.
>>
>>89370760
do you have a fetish for this sort of thing
regular finn is way better off than grass finn as a person but you still zero in on thoughts of ball crushing and cucking
>>
>>89370719
He still has hands and a mouth
>>
>>89370920
No but I think you do anon

>regular finn is way better off than grass finn as a person
Let's see what the rest of the season has in store then.
>>
File: Google.jpg (33KB, 765x377px) Image search: [Google]
Google.jpg
33KB, 765x377px
>>89370214
By "artsy-fartsy", I meant the unfunny and dreadfully slow pacing you were talking about. Since Season 7, the show's gotten slightly more direct with their exposition, but they're definitely still having trouble keeping the excitement and well-timed comedy of Seasons 3-5.
>>
>>89370760
the fuck are you talking about

Yes Finn got his ass kicked while disarmed in multiple ways by a magic living sword that might also be a demon

Yes Finn was told to get out and stop pretending to be a doctor, but to be fair Doctor Princess shouldn't have made him a doctor in the first place, of course it was a bad idea
>>
How long until Finn discovers that Fern is Flame Princess's new flame
>>
>>89371273
literally nothing could be worse then Cinnamon Bun

but to be fair I just hope Flame Princess never shows up again, the show was better without her
>>
>>89371273
I would love this just for the part where FP leans in to kiss him and he catches alight and bursts into flames dying horribly.

Good black comedy.
>>
>>89371273
That's not Huntress Wizard.
>>
>>89371093
but he can do incredible things out of nowhere if the writers need him to. I think you're trying too hard to justify it internally. I'm not sure if it's a failing attempt at character development or what but the show doesn't like Finn to have fun or do well or get his glory, nearly as much as before.
>>
>>89371372
We'll see Finn come back 'round these next two seasons, just you wait.
>>
>>89368630
>Grass Finn is cool but it weird me out that he's basically part alien
remember when it turned out Jake was half alien? good times.
>>
>>89371458
Sure we will anon, sure we will....
>>
>>89371488
It's ending anon, they basically have no choice.
>>
>>89371475
still think that's dumb.
talk about backstory no one wanted and overcomplicating shit for no reason.
>>
>>89371514
>they basically have no choice
What are you talking about? They can do whatever the fuck they want with it.
>>
File: The New Frontier (Ep #70).jpg (111KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
The New Frontier (Ep #70).jpg
111KB, 1280x720px
>excessively promotes SU: Out of This World after having leaked all five episodes ONE MONTH in advance
>absolutely no mention of Islands; not even a humble promo banner during one of the episodes like SU got
CN is fucking trash. Did they even include the "Islands" DVD promo during the commercial break?
>>
>>89371563
What I mean is that Finn's character journey for this series is coming to an end, and since they've been building Finn back up from his depressive state in seasons 5-6, it only makes sense that Finn would fulfill his potential as a hero in these last two seasons.
>>
>>89371514
It's clear they don't have the slightest idea how to make him into a better person or cooler character than he is, or was. There could be a miracle at the last second but what's the point by then. Finn's story is best viewed as a tragedy.
>>
>>89371629
There is absolutely no way they end without properly finishing off Finn's character arc. What do you think the Islands mini-series is for?
>>
>>89371372
I agree with your general point but I think it this case isn't really fair

its not like Finn got randomly crapped on, he fought Susan had his right arm torn off again and had to fight the grass sword it would be odd if he did well at that point honestly
>>
>>89371623
>Finn would fulfill his potential as a hero in these last two seasons.
that's probably gonna be underwhelming if he just saves the world again.

I've always thought his potential as an adult should lie somewhere else. He was already the greatest hero in the land, he's fuckin done it and well. Wouldn't it be beautiful if he just fucked off to his cabin somewhere off Ooo and became a carpenter.
>>
>>89371662
Maybe his living situation will change and we'll definitely get his full backstory (which they held off until the very end of course) but I don't see him changing much in personality or ideas. AT has this problem where it thinks giving a character's backstory is the same as developing their personality.
>>
File: bros.jpg (44KB, 553x493px) Image search: [Google]
bros.jpg
44KB, 553x493px
>>89368304
>>
>>89369872
>should be a good PB ep

She's just going to master her fart bean powers.
>>
>>89371885
Yeah but then they cheat and change the character's personality anyway.

Marceline and Bubblegum both had their early season personalities erased to the extent that in every appearance in the past they act very different, at this point their original characters have been quietly removed from the canon.
>>
>>89370952
He can't eat or breathe though.

Maybe he has a dick, but nothing comes out of it.
>>
>>89371950
You can definitely make a case for Marceline, but Bubblegum's character has been very consistent. Could you elaborate on this?
>>
>>89371769
that just sounds depressing to be honest
>>
>>89367935
livestreamer is dead, use streamlink instead

https://streamlink.github.io/
>>
>>89371769
I would actually be okay with an ending like this. As long as we get some kickassery from Finn beforehand.
>>
>>89371769
There's always going to be enemies to fight though, and Finn enjoys fighting more than most other things.
>>
File: jhhfjfjgf.png (758KB, 1351x605px) Image search: [Google]
jhhfjfjgf.png
758KB, 1351x605px
I'm guessing the chart on the right is world population or some shit? I wonder what the other one is
>>
>>89372396
Neat
>>
File: 1484518052065.png (201KB, 324x326px) Image search: [Google]
1484518052065.png
201KB, 324x326px
>AT is back
That's all the comfy I need
also fuck CN
>>
File: tumblr_np12nvsXcb1sk9bnro1_1280.png (345KB, 973x1220px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_np12nvsXcb1sk9bnro1_1280.png
345KB, 973x1220px
>>89372057
Bubblegum's isn't nearly as bad as Marceline's but it's still pretty crazy how PB went from a giggly, sweet princess to being candy Machiavelli. It's like was she just hiding that part of herself from little Finn or something?

With everything that the show's told us about PB it makes her and Finn's relationship early on seem like she's using him as a child soldier or something, kind of creepy.
>>
Islands Animatic preview:

https://youtu.be/xrPB2-Xm4aM
>>
>>89372470
>Marceline talking to Finn
woah it's like 2011 all over again
>>
File: iuyiigiug.png (279KB, 637x513px) Image search: [Google]
iuyiigiug.png
279KB, 637x513px
>>89372396
And Starchy snuck pics of the board

>I'm doing the right thing
what did she mean by this
>>
>>89372459
PB confirmed cunt to Finn

Kid needs to put a boot in her ass alright.
>>
>>89372470
>just keep the ones where she's our boss and forget the rest
Heh, Finn doesn't want him getting any ideas. Actually pretty funny.

Looks good, I wonder how long it will be in the first episode before they set off.
>>
>>89372459
>It's like was she just hiding that part of herself from little Finn or something?
That's what I figure

I still think she's giggly and sweet though, there's just other things to her as well
>>
>>89372542
I don't know man, I can't recall anytime recently that she's been goofy like she used to be. She's a lot more serious and stern basically all the time. Can you see modern PB having a tea party of bouncing marshmallows in the current show?
>>
>>89372470
Marcy's gonna fuck a muscle girl and a grass boy
>>
>>89372470
Oh man, all those anons in that last thread claiming PB doesn't care about Finn.

BTFO.
>>
>>89371372
>he can do incredible things out of nowhere if the writers need him to
I genuinely wonder if that's building to something. So far Finn has shown almost anomalous aptitude for magic. He learned frigitsu in a day (then forgot it just as quickly). he pulled off the power shriek. He lit a fire by rubbing his hands together. That and he seems to astral-project effortlessly. It's funny that for all he acts like a barbarian class in battle, that really isn't where his talents lie
>>
File: req bubblestrong comic.jpg (511KB, 601x977px) Image search: [Google]
req bubblestrong comic.jpg
511KB, 601x977px
>>89372470
>Marcy meets Susan
>likes what she sees
>>
>>89372610
she'll tell him whatever he wants to hear as long as it means she has his service. she got you hook line and sinker.

has someone made a "don't believe her lies" edit with PB, that seems like something that would have popped up while the fanbase was in their full on 'PB is Hitler' mode.
>>
>>89371523
everyone wanted jake's backstory
nobody wanted him to turn out to be what happens when an extradimensional parasite stings and impregnates a dog
everybody laughed when it turned out joshua was the one that birthed him
>>
>>89372575
Yeah, sure, diplomacy is important to her

I think it's more that the show in general doesn't do whimsical scenes like that anymore
>>
>>89371769
>Davey
eugh, no.
>>89372057
if anything you got it backwards. PB's the one that changed. Marcie's gotten softer and less gameplayingly radical but she was like that since her third episode.
>>
>>89372654
>everyone wanted jake's backstory
Since when? No one gave a shit, he was either a magical dog because of a mud puddle or he was a magical dog because it's fucking Adventure Time and there's magical shit everywhere so a magic dog is a totally average sight.

It's not like they were responding to rabid fan demand, they did that just cause they felt like it.
>>
>>89372661
>I think it's more that the show in general doesn't do whimsical scenes like that anymore

Unlike the majority of people, I like the current direction of the show, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss some of the more whimsical moments in the early seasons.
>>
>>89372459
Don't forget, PB turned into a cunt when she had to reform her adult body in a hurry out of samples of a bunch of other candy people, including a big chunk of peppermint butler.. whom we KNOW to be evil.
flashbacks of her past self are ambiguous.
>>
>>89372534
I gotta say I agree with Finn on that one, lets just forget that shipping ever happened
>>
File: 1482623822321.gif (263KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1482623822321.gif
263KB, 500x282px
>>89372610
Truly a time to be alive
>>
File: Fionna vs Ice Queen.png (320KB, 1280x1087px) Image search: [Google]
Fionna vs Ice Queen.png
320KB, 1280x1087px
>>89372636
we really need more muscle fanart for this show
>>
>>89372677
Dude they erased every shred of energy and chutzpah Marceline used to have, now she's just there most of the time. Her prime personality traits are tragic backstory and hangs out with Marceline and Ice King a whole lot.

PB's transition wasn't perfect but at least the seeds were planted early on in bits and pieces, there's really no explanation as to why Marceline is so fucking boring now.
>>
>>89372677
To be honest, I don't think either of them has changed THAT much. It's more the tone of the show has changed, and thus more emphasis on different sides to their personalities to match this change.
>>
>>89372736
>2012+5
>complaining about Marceline being uninteresting
What else is new?
>>
>>89372736
fuck, *hangs out with PB and Ice King
>>
>>89372754
I know, it's sad she's been boring for this long now. The gal deserved better.
>>
>>89372649
>she tells him whatever she wants as long as he will be submissive
"Incendium" and "Too Old" beg to differ
>>
>>89372716
>>89372610
see >>89372649

>>89372710
as much as I like finnceline I mist also agree
>>
>>89372682
naw dude i was there. we all wanted to know his origin
we wanted to know it a lot EARLIER than this of course, it was a lot less fun knowing it so much later when it mattered so much less, but...
>>
>>89372736
that chutzpah was an act. and she's realizing how much it can hurt people after it almost got them killed. like she said she just lost track of her moral code for a while. she got it back.
>>
>>89372682
Who cares whether or not there is a demand for it. When episode ideas are being pitched they don't start off with "/co/ really wants to see this" they write episodes influenced by their personal life experiences.
>>
>>89372828
When was that like season 1 then? Cause I showed up in the late season 3 days.
>>
This is some of the most disjointed, awkward dialogue I have ever seen. Do they always talk like this now? Like don't Even react to what's happening?

https://youtu.be/vllGhzZNiA4
>>
>>89372822
>>89372649
Why can't you guys just admit you were wrong?
>>
>>89372822
See >>89372817
>>
>>89372849
Which still sucks dick.
>Ha ha you thought I had an interesting personality but 'tis was all a ruse, I really just cry a lot and am a lesbian
Keep up the act Marceline, I'm begging you! It was so much better that way!
>>
>>89372852
specifically /co/ probably not, but I wouldn't be shocked if an episode idea started off with the fans would really like to see X

I kinda assume that is how Fiona and Cake got started, that one artist on the show made those comics fans love it and someone said, you know fan really love this Fiona and Cake stuff we should make an episode
>>
File: 1484318957901.png (171KB, 407x474px) Image search: [Google]
1484318957901.png
171KB, 407x474px
>>89372733
>pic
I never knew I wanted this
>>
>>89369523
>>89369300
This I really can't care for him being so unenergetic. If he just got up one day and said "I won't take this anymore!" and started rampaging until he became supreme warrior and had more fun adventures the show would be 100% easier to watch
>>
>grass finn doesn't get called Grinn
I'm upset
>>
>>89372859
season 1-3 or so. after season 3 we kinda stopped caring.
>>89372888
she doesnt cry or lesbian at all, what the fuck
>>
File: igigigig.png (131KB, 807x569px) Image search: [Google]
igigigig.png
131KB, 807x569px
>>89364432
>https://play.google.com/store/tv/show/Adventure_Time_Islands?id=Pyahhb08MuI
Okay I'm probably an idiot but where's a purchase button? Or are you not able to buy it until it's released?
>>
>>89372459
>>89372575
The incident with the Lich in Mortal Folly/Mortal Recoil traumatized her, which is why she became less happy and more serious and controlling. We see this in Goliad, how she talks about becoming aware of her own mortality and that being why she created Goliad.
>>
>>89372868
Adventure Time's dialogue has always been awkward to watch with other people. Don't tell me you can watch "It Came From the Nightosphere" while Marceline sings about french fries with other people and the atmosphere not feel uncomfortable. I blame the lack of proper background music; you'd be surprised at how much of a difference it makes. That's why "Dad's Dungeon" is so great
>>
>>89372918
we dont need any more modern cartoons about loud protagonists who never stop screaming and throwing fits
and i LIKE the Louise Belchers of the world. but Finn has grown and matured. he doesn't bite rocks anymore. Life is being a dick to him, treating him like shit.. welcome to being male. He'll be a lonely 30 year old virgin like the rest of us because all the women are psychos. get used to it.
>>
>>89372897
I'm sure there are exceptions, they aren't completely ignoring the fan base, and they have to keep in mind that they want the fans to be interested. The gender-bend episode was announced at SDCC 2011; and whether or not it was inspired by fan art is debatable.
>>
File: 1444594323003.gif (971KB, 270x252px) Image search: [Google]
1444594323003.gif
971KB, 270x252px
>>89372852
Which was bad experience. Which is also why the fandom is kill and we've got ATProfag 1 and 2 in the thread because discussion everywhere else is dead
>>
>>89372941
You're mostly right but those are all I can think of in terms of her, what else is there to her character at this point?

Stakes had her run the gamut of emotions but it was so long since she had been used I could barely tell if it was in character or not. She's so boring now I sort of forgot what her character is.
>>
>>89372968
So basically it's all Ice King's fault as usual. or I guess PB's for letting the snail near. Everything was so perfect before that.. the sweater of liking-someone-a-lot.. hnngh.
though really even afterwards it was perfect. minipeebs was the best character. so I guess it's lemongrab's fault. If not for him, she'd be grown up again by now, have a nice mature relationship with Finn, and everything would be about the same but better. The absolute monarch of a kingdom of fucking sugary manchildren should have another childhood every so often to keep in touch with them.
>>
>>89372993
how bout you sit the fuck down. just because we're virgins forever doesn't mean the cunts have to make him act like one.
>>
>>89372947
It's ungoing, I bought it, and am currently waiting for the episodes to be released. I'm going to post them on dailymotion, and share them here. That way we can all see Islands.
>>
>>89373012
it wasn't inspired by fan art

the first comic of fiona and cake were done by an artist on the show
>>
>>89373027
>what else is there to her character
She's a badass warrior that protects people sometimes, but mostly just bums around having fun. She's lady Yamcha. works for me. She's a deeply soulful musician who worries about letting people in too closely because she'll outlive them, while at the same time the first guy to ever show her any care has lost his marbles and is ALSO immortal
god, that episode when she went inside the crown, and ... like, now she knows he's in there forever, no matter what she does. she wanted to stay there.
>>
>>89373014
That's how the majority of shows are written you autist, the original PPG was written based on what the creators thought was funny, and people just so happened to share the same sense of humor
>>
>>89372969
The dialogue was always silly but don't you lie to me and say it was always so lifeless.

What I remember from It Came from the Nightosphere are fun Finn phrases like "I'm not evil, I'm super good!" and "Release the Finn bomb" and shit, that was fun and he sounded like he gave a shit about what was happening compared to now.

I've seen it said that Finn sounds more monotone because he has been beat down by life and does have less energy and enthusiasm but they did their job so well that at times it's boring hearing him talk.
>>
>>89373039
yeah but Finn isn't wallowing in it, /co/ is. Finn stopped letting it bum him out a long time ago, he's letting his loneliness make him stronger, and sticking with his bros. It's not as satisfying as some wish fulfillment fantasy where women recognize him for how great he is, but that's the way things are. It's the flipside of how very much it feels like WE wrote it, because indeed the creators are us.

and every so often he gets thrown a bone, like Huntress Wizard.
>>
>>89373061
I'd still like to support the show but thanks dude. It's weird, I can't find anything on the page that will let me buy it
>>
>>89373106
Or, did you ever bother to consider the fact his voice actor is 20? You naturally sound less enthusiastic without a childish voice. And I saw Don't Look, don't tell me Finn and Jake running up the mountain doesn't feel like there usual selves
>>
>>89373106
You have a point actually. Lance sounds significantly more excited than Finn does. I think he's being directed to keep Finn more chill. After all at this point he's pretty much defeated by life. Especially in these two episodes, which are all about him coping with shit. it looks like Islands is finally going to break him out of this funk cloud.
>>
>>89373106
He voices a character on Voltron (Disney). Someone compare S7 Finn (CN) and whoever Shada voiced from Voltron and see if the character sounds more happy and energetic.

>yeah but Finn isn't wallowing in it,
suuuuuuuure
>>
>>89373159
>Or, did you ever bother to consider the fact his voice actor is 20? You naturally sound less enthusiastic without a childish voice.
eh, compare Lance though.
Don't Look is an interesting one. Very classic Finn and Jake fun times, but mixed in with that bizarre Jmoyns mindfuckery.
>>
>>89373129
>yeah but Finn isn't wallowing in it, /co/ is. Finn stopped letting it bum him out a long time ago, he's letting his loneliness make him stronger, and sticking with his bros. It's not as satisfying as some wish fulfillment fantasy where women recognize him for how great he is, but that's the way things are.

Well said.
>>
>>89373159
I didn't know that as soon as you hit the big two oh you were unable to feel passion or enthusiasm or happiness anymore. Sucks for all the 20 year olds.

Even when he does act more enthusiastic it sounds more forced than it used to where Finn naturally always felt enraptured and interesting in whatever he was doing.
>>
>>89373080
Then how is she still so boring dude, maybe it's just my taste but I really cannot find much interesting in her at this point. I feel like it's a lot more how they present her than what her personality really is.

I feel like I'm definitely too hard on her but it sucks seeing a character who used to be so captivating be reduced to whatever she is now.
>>
>>89373204
t. buttbuddy
>>
>>89373239
I wish.
>>
>>89373197
I don't hate Seo or Somvi or anything but I was genuinely surprised by how good that episode was, I didn't think they could make stuff like that anymore.

Had Xaya's usual quirk of absolutely gross character movements and facial expressions but everything else was legitimately great.
>>
>>89373185
>>89373197
https://youtu.be/fuTne21-yic
Find me all the clips on youtube of Finn being a sad sack of shit in season 7. I find dozens of Finn being his normal self
>>
>>89373209
BECAUSE HE IS 20. You can't sound like a hyperactive boy at 20, Jeremy's voice is deep
>>
>>89373209
it really does. your hormone levels and your metabolism basically crash. god i hated turning 20
>>
>>89367425
>the only time they ever actually aired an AT bumper this era was from fucking Stakes in October
https://youtu.be/zRNL3qUv7p8

Holy shit, what the hell is Miller doing.
>>
File: projector.jpg (34KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
projector.jpg
34KB, 1280x720px
>/co/ talking about Finn
>>
>>89373236
I think it's just the show. I still like having her around.
hell this animatic preview alone was just darling
>it's past Marcie's bedtime
>>89373379
naw dude. i'm on your side but really, listen to Lance. he can still go energetic. It just isn't appropes for Finn right now.
And even if he didn't genuinely feel that way, he'd be motivated to pretend, so girls would think he was mature.
>>
>>89373379
You can sound like you give a shit at 20 dude, that's what I'm asking for. I don't want them to castrate the guy so he sounds as squeaky as 12 year old Finn but it would be nice if Finn didn't sound like he was on the verge of falling asleep half the time bruv.

It's not just the deepness, it's the way he speaks mostly. Finn's voice got deeper by like season 2 and he still sounded full of life back then.
>>
File: 1443392718609.png (396KB, 596x697px) Image search: [Google]
1443392718609.png
396KB, 596x697px
>>89373421
>anon talking about anon talking about anything
>>
>>89373352
The problem is, everyone has repeated this idea so much now, that they just accept it as fact, and any evidence that doesn't fit within their narrative is immediately discarded.
>>
>>89373425
She was nice enough in that clip. Total dyke mode.
>>
https://youtu.be/bDDN8RI1-Ck
Yeah Finn looks real depressed how will I ever recover?
>>
>>89373431
>on the verge of falling asleep
Post videos so I can even consider this claim as accurate
>>
>>89373505
The past 4 episodes of the show. Even when he's interested in what he's doing he mostly sounds monotone and bored.

Or maybe I'm just comparing him to how Finn used to sound which is unfair in a way because he used to shout every other word, but that's still too lacking for it to be Finn to me.
>>
File: 1484528760997.jpg (44KB, 323x311px) Image search: [Google]
1484528760997.jpg
44KB, 323x311px
>>89373421
Took me a while
>>
>>89373460
welcome to literally all discussions of anything
>>89373543
the last 4 episodes he's going through some shit, dude. remember the last time he lost an arm? how unearthly calm he was while building a giant tower and calmly talking about wanting to punch his dad and rip off his arm?
>>
for me it's not that Finn sounds bored it's just that I don't like how his mature voice sounds. like season 2-5 Finn sounded the best to me, 1 too high everything past just kind of awkward.
>>
File: Fionna & PB with Water Nympths.png (805KB, 1280x1627px) Image search: [Google]
Fionna & PB with Water Nympths.png
805KB, 1280x1627px
>>89372916
Bulumble-Bee is amazing at both curves and muscles, and is one of the best AT fan artists currently around
>>
>>89373568
Man he lost an arm and barely bated an eye, he wasn't distraught over it.
>>
>>89373543
Yes but are you also taking the situation into account. When you're in a fight or dealing with a situation that requires seriousness I see literally no problem with not being enthusiastic.
>>
>>89373470
>that haircut
hnnnngh it's loli styles but on modern marcie
>>
>>89372470
>Finn comes back
>Fern has amassed harem of all the princesses
>>
>>89364041
I liked it, though I don't really feel comfortable that the grass octopus is kinda holding alternate Finn hostage?
>>
>>89373620
I feel like it applies a lot more than just circumstances where it makes sense, it's Finn's natural way of talking now.

But honestly, I might just be in a similar case of this guy >>89373569 where I sort of think he doesn't sound as good and my mind reasons that it's because he's bored and not the sound of the voice itself. I should compare clips to check that.
>>
>>89373594
yeah man that's what I'm saying. people saying he sounds too blasé need to remember that in the past that's how Finn sounds when shit happens
>>
>>89373568
>literally all discussion of everything
More like the result of being in an echo chamber. Like /pol/ with Trump, they will support him because he is a meme and shut out all serious discussion about the flaws in his plans with " HAHAHAHAH STAY MAD LIBKEKS" No ideas are challenged, that's why they unironically believe that 3 million illegals voted and that "California won the popular vote"
>>
>>89373655
I didn't really get why Finn inside the sword just lay down there and didn't do anything.
That scene could have been done a lot better, more "horror over the octopus slowly filling up more of the room and Finn having nowhere to go until it eventually captures him" and less Finn lies down and makes a joke.
>>
>>89373657
>it's Finn's natural way of talking
Bullshit, did you even watch Preboot?
https://youtu.be/1-0jzItr-cg
>>
>>89373696
DON'T BRING TRUMP INTO A FUCKING ADVENTURE TIME THREAD
FUCK OFF

FUCK OFF
U
C
K

O
F
F

GOD DAMMIT
>>
>>89373696
stay mad lib hilldog shill
>>
>>89373696
I thought all of /pol/ was just ironic memeing though?
>>
Islands is releasing digitally at midnight right? Is it EST? Cause that would be now
>>
>>89373696
for somebody who knows so much about echo chambers you sure don't seem to be hearing how you sound
>>89373710
eh he was trapped in there, he wasnt like a normal person with like, eating and breathing..
>>
>>89373745
Only the redditors
>>
>>89373760
I am open to challenging new ideas. I'm not going to patronize you for coming up with a new idea, nor impose that something cannot change. But I will argue with you
>>
>>89373757
hope it's EST
>>
>>89373725
Giving that some listen yeah that does sound better. Like I said I think I'm conflating that I don't like his voice as much and he sounds bored sometimes into it being that he's universally bored sounding.

Still, to my personal tastes it would be nice if he would be more enthusiastic. Present more of that moxie we all know he has in those hero plums of his.
>>
File: 1453513903557.png (49KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1453513903557.png
49KB, 380x380px
>>89373800
>this guy again
>>
>>89373757
Fuck I gotta bail before I get spoiled.

If any of you charitable fucks gets the DVD please consider posting the episodes on some site that lets you watch them.
>>
>>89373757
I live in the central timezone, and I don't see an update, yet
>>
>>89373757
Might be PST, since most of those companies have HQs in California.
>>
>>89373710
>>89373760
And he was probably feeling mega bummed and resigned to fate, seeing as he's a sword whose life was taken away from him, only to watch Real Finn live his life instead

Depressed Finn cranked to the max, basically
>>
>>89373833
Because the anons last thread derailing the conversation were so appealing, with their insufferable acts of slothful deduction
>>
>>89373898
look at mr big fuckin words guy over here everybody
>>
>>89373898
Because you're so appealing yourself, with your insufferable acts of stubborn circlejerking
>>
>>89373823
Just because someone isn't giddy and enthusiastic doesn't mean apathetic. You might not think that way but there are plenty that do
>>
>>89372470
I can see it now
>Fern fucks FP/PB/Huntress
>Marceline fucks Susan
And all is wrong in the world
>>
>>89373940
>circle jerking
Those moments of cancer flocked over to Steven Universe.
>>
>>89373891
..Finnsprite?
>>
>>89373976
w-who does finn get?
>>
>>89373976
I prefer this over Bubbline honestly.
>>
>>89374002
BMO
>>
>>89373984
maybe you should flock >>>/out/ta here
>>
>>89374002
Some human girl.

UNTIL FARM WORLD FINN FROM OUTTA NOWHERE AND HE SWOOPS HER UP AND FLIES OFF BACK TO HIS DIMENSION

Then Finn dies in a ditch with a grave that says "Here lies Finn, he never scored." And so ends the tale of the modern hero.
>>
File: 1459123679961.png (1MB, 1280x1247px) Image search: [Google]
1459123679961.png
1MB, 1280x1247px
>>89374016
The ship's set to sail, you can only deny it for so long
>>
File: 200_s.gif (32KB, 307x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
32KB, 307x200px
>>89373988
>maybe id rather just be like
>the davey of guy
>you know just some dude
>>
File: 20170123_231627.png (32KB, 720x337px) Image search: [Google]
20170123_231627.png
32KB, 720x337px
I WANT IT NOW REEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1406353748575.jpg (15KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1406353748575.jpg
15KB, 320x320px
>>89371321
>>89371321
>>
>>89374109
It's probably midnight PST
>>
>>89374055
Can we all at least admit that these two have great chemistry, even just as friends?
>>
>>89371769
Best end for our boy
>does this shit yeah yada yada Islands backstory Lich for the twelfth time
>grows up to be a legitimately content and happy adult, finds some qt3/14 to settle down with
>they have fun but she died while Finn's like in his 40's or something
>he's heartbroken but this pushes him to further purpose, so he starts a place at the Treefort where he takes in orphan kids like he was taken in and cares for them
>also teaches those who want to learn about the tricks of the hero trade
>lives a happy rest of life as a much less angsty Batman until he passes away with dozens of adoring pupils

BAM, that's my shitty fanfiction and I'm sticking to it. Not to sappy but not too depressing either.
>>
>>89374210
whoops. >>89374168
no
>>
>>89373869
>>89374130
Fuck man thread better still be up when I wake up then..
>>
>>89374242
Why not? I'm fully serious, asides from 'Waah, it's tumblr bait,' what is wrong with these two as close friends?
>>
>>89374168
They work fine as best friends, considering they are both are hundreds of years old, they can connect with eachother more closely than other mortals in Ooo. They slowly grew closer together, but it was implied that they used to be very close in the past before drifting apart.
>>
>>89374168
Eh. I really did like What Was Missing but am neutral to everything else. I can see why people like them but they've never done anything for me.

Aspect of the show I respect but am not invested in at all.
>>
>>89374302
because it doesn't involve Finn
>>
>>89374302
Not that anon, but I personally prefer them as close sisterly friends. The couple thing where innocent meets dark, opposites attract is a very cliche angle.
>>
>>89374302
but it is anon

>>89374334
>>89374371
i agree with this

>>89374370
needs more dick in those pussies
>>
>>89374168
I like bubbline but in the show it's not that great. Because like what people have said ITT, Marcy's kinda boring now

If they do another bubbline ep before the show ends I hope it's about how they met, before they had all the baggage and their relationship was supposedly fun and full of adventures. Give me that "peter pan with a punk rock vampire twist" Marcy who whisks the princess away from her duties. Show me the spark, sell me on why they're so close
>>
>>89374417
I really want to see that episode now.
>>
>>89374334
That's the thing, WWM was great, Marcy in it was great, she was cool and sexy and full of soul and attitude and it's easy to see the appeal of the ship when you watch that ep

But it's been bland city since then
>>
File: finn get naked.jpg (38KB, 468x496px) Image search: [Google]
finn get naked.jpg
38KB, 468x496px
>>89374017
>bath time, finn! get naked!
>>
>>89374168
only as friends. it's terrible chemistry for romance.
and even if it wasn't, it would only make sense as a 'well maybe now something can bloom' thing. everything we've seen is incompatible with the idea of any past intimacy.
>>
>>89374371
It's cliche but attractive
But they barely play up that cliche at all with them in the show. It's like the parallel of "queen of the undead" and "someone who creates life every day" doesn't even exist
>>
>>89374506
Rebecca Sugar is a god to me. The way WWM is put together blows my mind. How she takes time to add sounds of Marceline's heels hitting the floor when she is performing, to the crickets when it's just the characters talking. It's just so great.
>>
>>89374615
>attractive

Sorry but I am not interested in buying what you're selling dude. I legit do not have a problem with it in the show but if they were to throw the ship in the gutter tomorrow it'd make for something fresh.
>>
File: mpc-hc 2017-01-23 23-39-47-42.webm (44KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
mpc-hc 2017-01-23 23-39-47-42.webm
44KB, 640x360px
I want a plush
>>
>>89374784
that'd probably be a pretty easy plush to make.
>>
File: disgusting.jpg (172KB, 819x683px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.jpg
172KB, 819x683px
>>89374784
what the fuck is that thing

they can make that thing really interesting or fuck it up like Orgalorg and drive away more of the segmented fandom.
>>
File: IWtkT - Imgur.png (27KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IWtkT - Imgur.png
27KB, 1920x1080px
Islands release when?
>>
File: rMndx - Imgur.png (25KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rMndx - Imgur.png
25KB, 1920x1080px
>>89374924
DL link tonight? Or should I go to bed
>>
>>89374611
>everything we've seen is incompatible with the idea of any past intimacy.
shirt huffin is incompatible with the idea of there NOT being past intimacy imo

Also Sky Witch in general gave me the vibe of tense exes
>or maybe raggedy princess can BE your new hambo....
>>
File: 1481417658315.png (75KB, 968x647px) Image search: [Google]
1481417658315.png
75KB, 968x647px
>>89374942
Depends if you have anything to do. If it doesn't pop up on Google play I'm just going to watch anime for the next two hours until it does
>>
>>89374168
Everytime I bring it up /co/ hates the idea but I still want a Marceline and PB spin off.

I mean SU can have their disgusting whales kissing on screen but I can't have 2 cute girls going on adventures? What the fuck's up with that?
>>
File: latest-3.png (423KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
latest-3.png
423KB, 1366x768px
>>89374611
>this scene
>"you always know which button to press"
>>
File: You're making me nervous, dude.jpg (54KB, 1314x735px) Image search: [Google]
You're making me nervous, dude.jpg
54KB, 1314x735px
Anybody gonna comment on how Finn was raped a second time?
>>
>>89369058
Damn, I fell like it was yesterday
>>
>>89375371
When was the first time?
>>
>>89375387
https://youtu.be/wYCKHlv1S3Y
How can you not remember?
>>
>>89375520
Holy fucking kek, Finn has lived some shit
>>
Finn will never win at anything, will he?
>>
>>89375673
This was a minor step back, but I'm hoping Islands gives him a true victory.
>>
>>89372470
>Marcy wants Susan

My penis approves.
>>
>>89372733
>muscles
Those be tumors son
>>
Doctor Princess was super cute with the sunglasses and sweater.
>>
>>89374838
Did you even watch the ep? He is what he is.
The manifestation of the Grass Sword's curse.
>>
File: AT - Don't Look (Ep #227).gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
AT - Don't Look (Ep #227).gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>89369058
>>89375377
November 2014. So, basically two years ago.

That's still quite a while ago, though.
>>
>>89375682
he has:
-no gf
-no mom
-no dad
-no human friends
-for every 1 step forward he takes towards being something great, he gets set 2 steps back by an anti-deus ex event
It's like the entire land of Ooo is made as some fucked-up fan-fcition of some tumblr-tard to punish the last CIS white male on earth
>>
>>89375738
>nofunallowed.jpg
>>
>>89374168
What fucking chemistry? The boarders are all too happy to present the intimacy, but there really isn't any chemistry.
>>
File: YOU SON OF A BITCH.jpg (35KB, 640x432px) Image search: [Google]
YOU SON OF A BITCH.jpg
35KB, 640x432px
>>89375836
>>
>>89375750
>Doctor Princess was super cute with the sunglasses and sweater.
Man, I'm sad she ended up being a bitch and a con
>>
>>89375904
>bitch and a con
>Woman who showed up for an x-ray forcibly dragged into the world of medicine.
>Working double shifts and needed a break
>Candy citizens probably get into scrapes all the time, given how stupid most of them seem to be
nah son
>>
File: PB Workout.jpg (282KB, 1077x1569px) Image search: [Google]
PB Workout.jpg
282KB, 1077x1569px
>>89375899
deal with it
>>
>>89375944
Yeah, she accidentally Catch Me If You Can'd into medicine and is doing a pretty good job. Better than Finn was.
>>
>>89375957
>>
>>89375966
Nurse Poundcake probably showed her the ropes.
Given her origin story I wouldn't be surprised if she was the real muscle behind the hospital.
I'm sure she is. but can't recall any scenes specifying this.
>>
>>89375984
>>
>>89375866
Not even on a platonic level? C'mon anon, now you're just being dishonest.
>>
>>89364393
F'tang Anon.
F'tang.
>>
File: image.jpg (893KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
893KB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>89376562
GET HYPE
>>
>>89376562
That the Islands DVD? Man, I don't usually mind watching early releases of episodes, but I'm bummed that they're out of order this time. I think I'm gonna hold off until after this week's episodes air. There might be Fern developments or something. Or something to do with Finn's new arm.
>>
>>89364432

IT"S OOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
>>
>>89376686
Also out on iTunes

Google Play store is the only one that doesn't have it yet.
>>
File: 1469582004021.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1469582004021.gif
982KB, 320x287px
>google play is still holding back
>>
>>89367319
Same.
>>
>>89376716
>$3 cheaper

Well now we know why.
>>
>>89376673
It doesn't look like it, the remaining 4 eps this week are slice-of-life.
>>
>>89376862
Anyone got a source from the AT crew that these eps aren't related at all to Islands?
>>
>>89375811
>-no human friends
What about Susan though?
>>
>>89376716
>Google Play store is the only one that doesn't have it yet.

God fucking damnit google, what time do they even go by?
>>
>>89376890
Episode synopsis, and previews have been out for the remaining episodes this week
>>
>>89374109
>he bought it on the jewgle play store

FUCK
>>
>>89372470
>Marcy suddenly taking interest in Fern because he totaled Starchy's bike
>>
File: 1484521390681.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1484521390681.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
>>89376918
>tfw Hawaiian Time
>>
>paying money for something you can watch for free
>>
>>89377101
At least the money supports the show
>>
File: 1481680493593.png (183KB, 656x369px) Image search: [Google]
1481680493593.png
183KB, 656x369px
>>89368552
This.
>>89368374
>>89368409
>>89368743
I'm not sure why retards like these just can't admit that the show can't admit that the show was never for them and that they were just following a bandwagon back then because this is how the show have always been instead they have to say its the writers fault or the show dipped far down in quality.
>>89369176
Also this. Seriously anyone who wanted to show to have more of a linear narrative fucked off to Steven Universe a while back why do we have retards like these still posting? You'll never be satisfied regardless of what this show does.
>>
Made a separate talkback for Islands

>>89377863
>>89377863
>>89377863

Hopefully someone will shill out the $10 and upload them to MEGA.
Thread posts: 505
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.