[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Flash/Supergirl Musical Crossover Cast Music Meister

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 21

This March’s musical crossover between “Supergirl” and “The Flash” is going to be one big “Glee” reunion. TVLine reports that Darren Criss, who rose to fame as Blaine Anderson on “Glee,” will appear as Music Meister in the two-episode crossover event.

“With our Flash and our Supergirl being ‘Glee’ alums, how could we not have them go up against another ‘Glee’ favorite like Darren Criss?” said executive producer Andrew Kreisberg. “We have been blown away by his talent over the years and we can’t wait to see what he brings to the Music Meister.”

Criss will perform alongside “The Flash” stars Grant Gustin, Jesse L. Martin and Carlos Valdes; “Supergirl” stars Melissa Benoist and Jeremy Jordan; and “Legends of Tomorrow” co-star Victor Garber and “Arrow” regular John Barrowman. Titled “Duet,” the musical also stars “Supergirl” actors David Harewood and Chris Wood and is directed by Arrowverse veteran Dermott Downs.

“The Flash” returns on January 24. Starring Grant Gustin as the Scarlet Speedster, “The Flash” airs Tuesdays at 8 pm ET/PT on The CW. The series also stars Jesse L. Martin, Tom Cavanagh, Carlos Valdes, Candice Patton, Danielle Panabaker, Keiynan Lonsdale and more.

Starring Melissa Benoist as the Girl of Steel, “Supergirl” airs Mondays at 8 pm ET/PT on The CW. The series also stars David Harewood as Martian Manhunter, Mehcad Brooks as Jimmy Olsen, Chyler Leigh as Alex Danvers and Jeremy Jordan as Winn Schott and features appearances by Calista Flockhart’s Cat Grant as well as Tyler Hoechlin’s Superman.

http://www.cbr.com/the-flash-supergirl-musical-darren-criss-music-meister-glee-casting
>>
>Not Neil Patrick Harris

ONE JOB! ONE FUCKING JOB!
>>
>create a character specifically for NPH

>only have NPH voice him once
>>
I was gonna say "and into the trash it goes" but immediately realized that would only be posturing and I'd still watch this anyway because I want to see everyone sing.

I still say this is bullshit and Darren Criss is probably the most boring choice for a recast.
>>
>>89359017
and Blaine ruins another show
>>
File: 1482935966954.png (528KB, 529x694px)
1482935966954.png
528KB, 529x694px
This is some bullshit
>>
File: 3.gif (373KB, 245x180px)
3.gif
373KB, 245x180px
>More Glee shit
>>
I'm looking forward to seeing this I love musical episodes.
>>
NPH cameod in Glee even
>>
>>89359048
>>89359091

They probably didnt want to pay a lot of money to hire him
>>
>no NPH
That's it. I'm out.
>>
File: 1411211873410.gif (307KB, 200x100px)
1411211873410.gif
307KB, 200x100px
>>89359017

>hopesdeleted.jpg
>rustledjimmies.pgn
>Intothetrashitgoes.gif
>>
File: calypsotm2.jpg (10KB, 200x163px)
calypsotm2.jpg
10KB, 200x163px
>/co/ gets Music Meister wish
>instead of Neil Patrick Harris reprise gets Glee-nightmare flashback
I'm Calypso, and I thank /co/ for playing! I'll see my way back to /v/ now!
>>
>Not NPH
>Literally one of the worst Glee characters from a show full of toxic characters.
>>
>>89359017

Oh good, I can drop The Flash and Supergirl now.

Already dropped Arrow because the Olicity fans annoy me.

Now Darren will bring his fans with him to ruin Supergirl and Flash like they ruined Glee.
>>
File: 1465208762243.jpg (21KB, 400x400px)
1465208762243.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
>>89359017
>no NPH because writers were too cheap to hire him
>>
File: 1480356839184.gif (2MB, 390x277px)
1480356839184.gif
2MB, 390x277px
>>
>>89359017
>“With our Flash and our Supergirl being ‘Glee’ alums, how could we not have them go up against another ‘Glee’ favorite like Darren Criss?
because you gotta get nph instead you stupid fucks
>>
File: IMG_0628.jpg (417KB, 993x1853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0628.jpg
417KB, 993x1853px
This is top class trolling.
>>
>>89359448
>writers

Writers are not in charge of casting retard
>>
>>89359017
>‘Glee’ favorite
>>
>>89359637
So which one's right?
>>
>>89359687
>a website anyone can edit
>a comic site that actually has sources
gee I wonder
>>
HARRY FRICKIN POTTER
>>
>no NPH

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>89359017
Boo
>>
>>89359017
I'm just gonna tell myself NPH was busy with the Series of Unfortunate events filming
>>
>Barry and Meister gaying it up
>again

I'm down
>>
Fucking monkey's paw bullshit
>>
File: 1255902326520.jpg (46KB, 600x736px)
1255902326520.jpg
46KB, 600x736px
I mean it wasn't going to be good anyway but now there's not even reason to hope that they might accidentally get it right. Are they even writing original songs for it? Fuck.
>>
>>89359970
so doing a shitty series for a bunch of crappy books was more important
>>
>>89360047
ASOUE is much better than fucking CW capeshit shows, anon
>>
>>89360070
>ASOUE
>Lol adults are dumb and unhelpful and we never explain anything ever
>good
>>
>>89360047
It was from Netflix so I probably provided more.
>>
>>89360047
A Series of Unfortunate Events has been great so far.
>>
>>89360047
It probably pays a lot more.
>>
CAUSE IM THE MUSIC MEISTER
>>
>>89359017
Am I alone in not hating this choice? I've seen Darren Criss on Broadway before, so I definitely think he has the singing chops for the part, and this will be the second time he'll play a part that was preceded by NPH in the role.
>>
>>89360085
It's not about the adults being dumb, the main message is that often children's opinions or feelings get disregarded by adults because of their age.
>>
>>89360145
>It's not about the adults being dumb, the main message is that often children's opinions or feelings get disregarded by adults because of their age.
as they should
>>
>>89359017
eh....I'm still excited for the episode, bad casting though
>>
>>89360144
For me it's just because he's the most boring choice to make. It's not that he isn't good or talented. It's that he's a step down from NPH by principle to start. And he's not different enough from NPH to feel exciting or fresh or feel like he's going to offer much of anything new.

If they were gonna cast someone else I would've rather they had gone in a new direction. There's already too many clean and polished vocalists in the crossover already. So I wish they could've gotten someone with a bit more grit and dirty passion.
>>
File: 1401754561254.jpg (45KB, 424x742px)
1401754561254.jpg
45KB, 424x742px
>>89359017
>>
Wow I didn't expect to be so upset about this, BUT I AM
>>
NOW WHO'S THE VILLAIN, BARRY
>>
>>89360047
>series regular for a Netflix show or guess star on one episode of a CW show

I WONDER WHAT'S A BETTER ACTING GIG
>>
>>89360259
same
>>
>>89360328
the one on regular tv, not an online service not everyone has
>>
>>89360028
Wow I didn't even think of that. This could all be just one shitty jukebox musical
>>
jesus christ people.
I am sure when they settled on music meister they at least approached NPH

but fucks busy as hell, and WAY out of there pay league.

its like your mad at the CW for some reason casue NPH didn't want to do geek charity work
>>
File: nph.png (319KB, 875x802px)
nph.png
319KB, 875x802px
>>89359017

not using NPH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs96Ksod88M&ab_channel=ConnorLeonard
>>
>>89360396
He would have been worth the cost once you figure in how many people would buy the episode itself and/or a CD compilation like BATB had.

They fucked up.
>>
>>89360366
He gets paid more as a series regular than as a guest character even if less people watch Netflix you dumb fuck
>>
>>89360366
lol Ok grandpa
>>
>>89360366
literally every single netflix original has 5 times what CW's number one rated show has. what in world are you on about.

the budgets for shows like house of cards, is more then arrowverse combined
>>
>>89360366
Right, that's totally why people gets uppity about how Netflix Marvel shows are superior
>>
>>89360480
>>89360454
>>89360453
>89360453
>>89360436
thanks for the yous
>>
>>89360366
also, you notice netflix consitently gets big name movie and tv stars like kevin spacey on there shows. in what universe does CW do that
>>
>nothing in this world will ever be even half as good as BATB

Truly why even live?
>>
>in b4 Cisco complains about him already having a special name
>>
File: Music Meister.jpg (127KB, 1920x1080px)
Music Meister.jpg
127KB, 1920x1080px
I legit suprised there aren't more people on here whining that there's going to be a musical episode.

I'm glad that the Music Meister is getting another story given that by his very nature, he doesn't really work in print and musical episodes are often great fun if they're well written.
>>
TVLINE | How worried should Iris West fans be?

>You know, obviously, Barry loves Iris more than anything, and now that he has gotten a glimpse of the future, that’s kind of going to be the thrust of the back half of the season — Barry trying to do whatever it takes to save Iris. Kid Flash (Keiynan Lonsdale) is going to play a huge part in that. Cisco (Carlos Valdes) will play a huge part. Flash Season 3 SpoilersEverybody will play a huge part in saving Iris, because she’s part of the team.

TVLINE | But didn’t Savitar get put back into that box, which was then stashed away in the Speed Force…?

>Yes, the box was thrown into the Speed Force, but because Barry got thrust into the future and he saw Savitar, it’s going to be kind of that itch that he can’t scratch — like, how is this possible? That’ll help drive Barry through the rest of the season.

TVLINE | As far as Savitar’s three prophecies, was Iris the one that “fell”? Is Barry, watching her die, the one who has “a fate worse than death”? Or do we not necessarily check two of those off the list yet?

>I don’t think I would check any of them off of the list because the future’s malleable. Anything can happen.

TVLINE | I didn’t the-flash-savitar-2notice this when Savitar first showed up until Danielle [Panabaker] pointed out to me, the fact that Barry saw Savitar, but in that moment, Joe didn’t. Will the “why” of that be addressed?

>Yes, we’ll reveal the why of that, and it’s going to be a pretty big reveal. There’s a reason why Barry could see him [in that moment] and no one else could.

TVLINE | Great work on the Savitar CGI, by the way. That guy scares the s–t out of me.

>Yeah, I mean, the VFX guys at Encore are the best in the business as far as I’m concerned.
>>
File: 1256321628317.jpg (339KB, 1030x679px)
1256321628317.jpg
339KB, 1030x679px
>>89360671
Maybe other places are upset but the Music Meister was very big on here for a while after that episode aired, I wouldn't expect much hate for the concept of another appearance on /co/.
>>
>>89360765
TVLINE | Are we heading towards the return of happy-go-lucky Cisco, or is there still a bit more darkness lingering?

>Cisco’s going to come up against a very strong adversary [the metahuman bounty hunter Gypsy, played by Sleepy Hollow alum Jessica Camacho], and she’s going to be someone that he just can’t stop thinking about.

TVLINE | Gypsy is a character from the comic books, yes? What’s her deal?

>Well, she essentially can cross dimensions. She’s a much more advanced Vibe, I would say, and she is a badass. She doesn’t take any prisoners. She’s very good at her job, Flash Season 3 Spoilersand she’s a very formidable adversary for the team.

TVLINE | I was glad to see Caitlin turn it into a “white Christmas” with a simple flick of her finger. Is that something she can do freely, or is there still the threat of consequences if she gets willy-nilly with her power?

>Because it’s The Flash, there’s always going to be that threat there, and that’s going to be something that she’s wrestling with for the rest of the season. We have big plans for Caitlin, ones that I think are really exciting and really satisfying.

TVLINE | I said to Danielle that, in the vision Cisco vibed, we don’t know that Caitlin was being the adversary. Cisco could’ve been the bad guy and she was trying to thwart him. These are questions we have.

>Anything is possible in our universe.
>>
>>89360789
TVLINE | How would you describe the Barry/Julian dynamic moving forward? Will they be chums? Are they conflict-free?

>I would say they’re conflict-free. The thing about Team Flash is they’re willing to always give people the benefit of the doubt, give people a second chance. They’re very big on people making amends for their past mistakes. I mean, we know Barry’s made a ton of past mistakes. Cisco’s made some mistakes. Caitlin’s made some mistakes. So I think Barry will take the same attitude towards Julian that he takes with any of this other friends. Julian was overtaken by Savitar — Flash Season 3 Spoilershe wasn’t 100-percent here — but he feels culpable, so he wants to make amends.

TVLINE | Was it pure serendipity that Tom Felton was cast in a storyline that involved something called The Philosopher’s Stone?

>Yes, 100-percent. We talked about it quite a bit, not expecting to get such an amazing actor like Tom Felton. I mean, it was just amazing. It’s like the stars aligned. We’re all huge Harry Potter fans, but that was just complete blind luck.

TVLINE | What sort of hurdles, if any, are in front of the officially christened Kid Flash? He’s got the skills. He’s got the suit. He’s got the desire.

>He’s got the skills, but he’s got the hubris, too, that comes along with it. I mean, he was a drag racer in Season 2. He has that need for speed, so he goes a little half-cocked sometimes, and that gets him into danger. That will play out throughout the season, Flash Season 3 Spoilersthat he’ll have to realize that he’s got to check himself. There’s a reason why Barry has the attitude and the mentality that he has when he goes out there. He’s very methodical. He learned it from Oliver, and now he is try to impart that wisdom to Kid Flash.
>>
>>89360814
TVLINE | A handful of people found it a bit jarring that Barry up and got himself and Iris a place to live. Are we to assume that they have been lovers for a period of time…?

>You know, I think that’s open to anybody’s interpretation. I mean, [that closing scene] was a very romantic setting, a beautiful apartment and two people who love each other….

TVLINE | Right, but before I get my girlfriend and I a place to live, we have probably taken that step, you know? That’s why people are asking.

>I mean, yeah, they’re two consenting adults who love each other. [A recent promo seems to clarify the intimacy issue.]

TVLINE | Speaking of romance, did I pick up on a vibe between Caitlin and Julian? Or is eggnog just eggnog?

>I think they’re just friends for now. They’re two people who are struggling with what they’ve each had to go through this season, and they both understand each other’s plights, and so it’s just kind of perfect that they’ll come together as friends. Maybe they’ll go down that path, maybe not, but for now they share a common path that they want to try to help each other with.

TVLINE | Plus if I’m Caitlin, at this point, boy, I’m going to be really careful about my next boyfriend.

>Yeah, definitely!

http://tvline.com/2017/01/22/the-flash-season-3-episode-10-preview/
>>
Tbqh, why even use the Music Meister if it's not NPH? Just use Fiddler.
>>
>>89359017
Blaine was probably the most inconsistently written characters on Glee, literally unlikable half the time. Should have brought Matthew Morrison and NPH back together instead of using this cunt.
>>
>>89360396
People got spoiled because Hamill came back (not once, but twice, once being a simple cameo) at the height of Star Wars' resurgence.

I don't blame NPH for not doing it; Hamill's fucking bro-tier though.
>>
>>89359017
>Darren Criss
I don't think I've ever seriously typed this before, but
Ugh.
>>
>>89359448
>implying writers are in charge of casting or any sort of financial decisions whatsoever
>>
>>89360548
BatB had a some really episodes/characters/moments. But it did have a few episodes that were significantly shittier or boring. To the point of unwatchability. The highs I agree were very high though(much like I am at the moment)
>>
>>89360765
>wasting money on making Savitar a dumb speed monster instead of keeping him humanoid and giving that money to NPH

Why am I not in charge of these shows?
>>
>>89359017
>>
>>89359017
Does this guy still have the worlds most rabid fanbase? Because I'm not kidding when I say him and them sucked out whatever joy was left in Glee. And I still like the Flash dammit.
>>
>>89360218
>>
>>89361287
I don't really agree. I find the lesser episodes to still be entertaining, none unwatchable.
>>
>>89361062
Hamill is a comic book nerd and he will always do this kind of stuff because he loves it and has fun with it.

Also his actors union probably allows it.
>>
>>89360085
This was the main problem with the series. A lot of interesting things were hinted at and implied but never explained.
>>
>>89359017
But he can't sing
>>
Darren Criss was the start of Glee's downfall but it's only an episode

and that Teenage Dream number is still goat
>>
>>89361062
He was in 3 episodes actually. And he was reprising the role from the other Flash tv series as a wink and nod.

Who says they even asked NPH? And who says he wasn't busy? NPH seems like a busy dude. I think if they'd asked and he'd had the time NPH would have at least considered it. He was actually asked about it in an interview last month.
>>
>>89361860
>But he can't sing
What? He's starred on Broadway twice.
>>
>>89360671
Musical episodes are fun. Buffy and Xena had some good ones.
>>
>>89359687
IMDB probably added it because Kreisberg said "they'd love to cast NPH" at first, but then hNPH e said that "he's not sure about it blah blah blah"
>>
>>89359017
Of all the things the shitty writers and producers of the Arrowverse do to pander to girls/tumblr like the shitty shippings and dumb down stories, I'm okay with this example of pandering
>>
>>89361860
>But he can't sing
What?
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMmorm2TI78
>>
>>89361321
Because that's an awful idea in a long-term scenario.
>>
People were actually dumb enough to think they'd actually get NPH?
>>
File: 1479131197261.jpg (31KB, 500x566px)
1479131197261.jpg
31KB, 500x566px
>>89363569

We exist in a timeline where Samurai Jack gets revived with the same creators at the helm, Sonic the hedgehog is getting a sequel that finally feels like his old Genesis games, and Trigger has been shitposting on /a/ with inflatable breast mousepads and pepe.

Our hopes will never come back down.
>>
>>89363774
>Trigger has been shitposting on /a/ with inflatable breast mousepads and pepe.
w-what?
link to threads?
>>
File: 1484629876308.png (160KB, 733x1433px)
1484629876308.png
160KB, 733x1433px
>>89364863

Tattun Invades
>>>/a/152333795

Tattun II: The Reckoning
>>>/a/152504835
>>>/a/152510059
>>
>>89365778
thanks
>>
>>89359361
You wanna BE the best?
Now you're a bee
>>
>no NPH
You had one fucking job Berlanti
>>
>>89359017

not paying out for NPH is a mistake
>>
That sucks.
>>
>>89360671
Musical episodes are fine, most gimmick episodes are decent.
>>
File: IMG_1991.jpg (62KB, 361x223px)
IMG_1991.jpg
62KB, 361x223px
I'm trying to keep an open mind about this because I actually like Music Meister but damn it because it's not NPH, I'm seriously trying my best not to go Full autism mode.
>>
Is there a Flash Episode tonight or what?
>>
>>89367566
Tomorrow, same time as always
>>
>>89361685
That is the main POINT of the series you fucking moron. The main moral is that you will never have all the answers.

>>89360107
And you're just fucking wrong.
>>
>>89359970
This is most likely the case.
>>
Where is the Supergirl thread?
>>
>>89367820
there isn't one someone should make it. Its on now.
>>
>>89367881
>>89367930
>>89367930
>>89367930
>>
>>89360814
>>89360837
Wow Julian just sounds pointless now, I was hoping for sort of a Wellsish frenemies thing where he tells Barry when he's being a retard at least that would be a reason to keep him around, but he's just going to be another Flash fanboy hanging round Starlabs.
>>
>>89365803
Holy shit, that got me.
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.