[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could a Power Rangers animated series work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: fpyoUyn.jpg (277KB, 1500x971px) Image search: [Google]
fpyoUyn.jpg
277KB, 1500x971px
Could a Power Rangers animated series work?
>>
>>89354602
I don't think so, no. The entire charm of the thing is the low budget spandex superheroes vs. goofy rubber suit monsters. A cartoon would miss the point just as hard as the comic does. I think any American original production would, really.
>>
>>89354783
That's maybe why you like it but kids think it's COOL
If anything what you call "charm" is detracting from it
>>
Not if saban is allowed with a km of it.
>>
>>89355533
Was bummed that Disney didn't do the animated PR idea when they had the chance
>>
>>89354602

yes. I think that is what they try to replicate but can't animate
>>
Part of the charm is the tokusatsu live action effects but there's also the current market; you couldn't get a decent budget to make a half hour animated franchise unless the live action movie makes Avengers AND Zootopia money put together and if you were to make 11 minute "Justice League Action" like short toons, something would be lost in the transition.

Now, what you COULD do--maybe-- would be to make direct to video animated 'movies' with a lose over-all narrative and maybe make profit from that (beats pissing money away into more Scooby Doo films, anyhow) but it would likely have to involve the toylines, and we already have a new toy-line a year from the live action stuff.
>>
>>89354602
Depends on how they'd try to make it. There are a lot of ways any animated series can suck, a Power Rangers cartoon would have to rely heavily on good designs and stylization, consistently high quality fight choreography and animation, and writing that worked.
>>
>>89354783
There aren't any sentai or rider animated series for the same reason. Maybe some specials.
>>
File: Rita Green Ranger.png (2MB, 911x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Rita Green Ranger.png
2MB, 911x1400px
>people want it to be goofy
Did any of you actually watch this show when you were a kid because it was funny? Power Rangers has always failed in comedy, and pretty much everything else, except for cool lore and designs
>>
>>89354783
>just as hard as the comic does

Eh it's alright. At least we it and the movie to compare "modern Mighty Morphin".
>>
>>89354602
If Ultraman can work, why don't Power Rangers too?
>>
>>89356737
*we have it

>>89356717
Also toku has manga spinoffs so Ranger comics aren't really any different in theory
>>
>>89354783
Tell that to GARO.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.