[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Illumination's Cumbergrinch be any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

Will Illumination's Cumbergrinch be any good?
>>
>>89351239
no
>>
File: IMG_1875.png (174KB, 329x298px)
IMG_1875.png
174KB, 329x298px
>>89351239
Absolutely not

They're the dreamworks without the being good at first and then spiraling out of control
>>
File: grinch.jpg (56KB, 500x301px)
grinch.jpg
56KB, 500x301px
There's only one Grinch, and he does not share power.
>>
>Benedict Cabbagepatch
>>
>>89351306
It sure as hell ain't that one.
>>
>>89351239
These are the same guys who made the Lorax

I'll leave you with that
>>
>>89351239
I hope they do the tree-fucking scene justice. That was my favorite part of the original
>>
>>89351411
So we can expect memes?
>>
Fuck. Movies don't need an equivalent to ballet's Nutcracker, where every fuckin year they do a new version. This is stupid. Jim Carry wasn't that long ago. We don't need to put every fucking actor who can stretch his goddamn face weird into. Grinch suit.
>>
File: Norb_as_Baron_Bad_Beaver.jpg (29KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Norb_as_Baron_Bad_Beaver.jpg
29KB, 480x480px
>>89351302
>dreamworks
>once good
>then bad
>then good
>now bad again
>>
Will they be able to top either of the Youre A Mean One Mr Grinch's? The original is perfect and the Carrey one nailed "do this song in a million voices" so I don't know how they could make the new one stand out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxVqliZCNw0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWvskP12kmU
>>
>>89351239
They fucked up Lorax and they'll fuck this up too.
>>
>>89352500
I didn't see it, but it had Taylor Swift and became a meme. That seems like the opposite of fucking something up.
>>
>>89351239
There's only one grinch and he doesn't speak.
>>
>eyes are not yellow due to hepatitis
>>
You're a meme, Mr. Grirch.
>>
>>89351822
Make it in the style of whatever old executives think is what's cool right now
>>
>>89352512
Becoming a meme is not indicative of success.
>>
BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH AS THE GRINCH sounds like a Christmas-2012-ass tumblr fancast from the Sherlock crowd

the Grinch is so deep and tormented guys lol what if his dog was martin freeman
>>
>>89351239
My guess is it's gonna be like The Lorax, ie 90% of the movie is dumb "comedic" fanfiction with OCs voiced by has-been celebrities, and the other 10% is the actual plot of the book shoved into 1-2 musical numbers.
>>
>>89352719
He's got a good voice, though. He made a great Smaug
>>
Jim Carrey version is the GOAT tbqf.

And live action Cindy Lou grew up to be a sloot
>>
Illumi is the new Pixar
Of course itll be fuckin great
>>
>>89352719
>what if his dog was martin freeman

Does he torment the Grinch by telling him he's so touchy?
>>
>>89352763
He also co-voiced Dormammu.
>>
File: Luna Loud not impressed.jpg (14KB, 281x300px) Image search: [Google]
Luna Loud not impressed.jpg
14KB, 281x300px
>>89351239
>Illumination's Cumbergrinch be any good?
>Illumination
>good
>anything
>>
>>89352808
>And live action Cindy Lou grew up to be a sloot

nooo
>>
>>89351239
>Cumbergrinch

That could be the actor's real name and it wouldn't change anything, oh Britons
>>
>>89351411
How bad can it be?
>>
>>89352808
pics or it didn't happen
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpgUQYARIsw

Obligatory Biggering post
>>
>>89352708
Really the opposite
>>
>>89351239
>Billiardball Custardbath
>good as anyting

kek
>>
>>89351384
For all the things wrong with the movie, Jim Carrey really wasn't one of them.
>>
>>89351239
100% depends on the songs. If the songs are good, that can easily save the movie.
>>
>>89351813
Dreamworks has consistently been mediocre with a gem every now and then.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.