[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Star Wars expanded universe series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Good man this feels.jpg (7KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
Good man this feels.jpg
7KB, 231x218px
Hey /co/ , I recently became interested in the Star Wars extended universe and i was wondering whats the best place to start (preferably animation, not comics). What do you recommend that has as little filler as possible (i know its all basically filler but oh well)
Also if im on the wrong board for this question please point me to the right one
Thanks in advance :*
>>
CGI Clone Wars has multiple well written arcs thrown in rather then one central plot, but most of them a fantastically done. However it really doesn't start to get good until season 3.but after that the show is all uphill from there.
>>
>>89345666
Yeah, The Clone Wars is the obvious place for you to go. The show begins with the 2008 theatrical movie and follows with 5 and a half TV series (or seasons, if I have to turn my Americanese on).

Couple of rough spots in series 1, but it constantly and consistantly improves.
>>
>>89345666
There's basically only 2 canon animated shows, so you don't really need to do much digging.

Probably start with The Clone Wars, but you should skip a lot of it if you're wary of filler. It hits some high highs in its best episodes/arcs, but about half of it ranges from shitty to mediocre with no overarching plot relevance. Look for some sort of episode guide that can steer you clear of the show's many low points. Season 1/2 is mostly garbage with the occasional good episode. 3 starts to improve a bit. 4-6 is where most of the good stuff happens, but there are still some arcs with questionable quality.

Then you can move on to Rebels, which is somewhat more consistent and has more of an overarching story. Season 1 is mostly "meh", but is more about establishing the characters and the last few episodes of the season end on a strong note. Seasons 2/3 start to get quite good, and don't have as much filler as TCW's best seasons, although there are still some mediocre episodes here and there. You could argue that the show hasn't quite reached TCW's peak yet, but it's first 2.5 seasons so far certainly blow TCW's first 2.5 seasons out of the water
>>
>>89345666
only CGI Clone Wars and Rebels are canon, and as far as I remember the only other star wars cartoons (besides the clone wars shorts) were old shitty Ewok and Droids cartoons

The best EU things in general, though they are now non-canon, were Knights of the Old Republic (comics and games, take place thousands of years before the movies and contain multiple stories across millenia) and the Thrawn Trilogy (Novels, written before the prequels so they make some interesting assumptions about the galaxy that don't line up with canon at all, it takes place soon after Episode 6 and the villain is evil Sherlock Holmes with an art fetish as an Imperial Admiral, who was popular enough to be recanonized in Rebels)
>>
>>89345666
star wars is cancer
>>
>>89352680
You sure accomplished stuff with those spicy opinions of yours.
>>
not Op but what comics are canon?
>>
>>89353696
Son of Dathomir, Obiwan and Anakin, Vader down, and Kanan are the only ones I can remember.
>>
nucanon is garbage
If you can find the Tartakovsky Clone Wars cartoon give it a whirl, it's good
>>
>>89354056
This
Genndy Wars is a must-see.
It does a great job to tie episodes 2 and 3
>>
>>89353696
Anything that is made after 4/20/14
>>
File: frogthepepe.png (1020KB, 1029x923px)
frogthepepe.png
1020KB, 1029x923px
>>89345666
>Hail Satan
Also, did someone seriously save my shitty edit's thumbnail? No fuckin way.

Try Genndy's CW, YouTube should have a 2 hour video which combines all the eps into a movie.
The Clone Wars is good. Use this as scaffolding for other guides if you're a chronofag like myself
http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder
Haven't seen Rebels
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.