[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Absolute Denial.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 28

File: 1376026441256.png (41KB, 1381x267px) Image search: [Google]
1376026441256.png
41KB, 1381x267px
ITT: Absolute Denial.
>>
>>89345616
If true, this would explain a lot. some people are good artists and that's it.
>>
>>89345616
Is OP implying that Korra was wholly mishandled and irredeemable?

I'd like to believe that the pic was true.
>>
>>89345616
Isn't this the Bruce Timm excuse?
>>
File: the most wrong person ever.png (27KB, 537x200px) Image search: [Google]
the most wrong person ever.png
27KB, 537x200px
posted hours after the airing of the first episode of the barneyfag show.
>>
>>89345901
people have been saying since season 1 that bryke, much like george lucas, is great at worldbuilding and concepts, but not good at specificities.

soon as you gave them complete creative control it fell apart.
>>
>>89346950
The things is that even their worldbuilding ideas and concepts proved terrible. What they put forth in LoK's season 2, how they handled bending in season 3 as a jumpstart to the season, and the extent to which they believe they did well with relationships between and among the characters.

They are animators and artists, they are not even idea guys. Just have them draw pretty pictures and that's it.
>>
http://desuarchive.org/_/search/text/%22rose%20is%20pink%20diamond%22/
>>
remember that guy in the first Flash reveal trailer who insisted that they would never put time travel in the show?
>>
>koh guy
>>
>>89346648
I always thought horse show aired on 10/10/10. Huh.
>>
At least I find Korra's story to be a million times more compelling than whatever Joaquin Dos Santos is doing with Voltron.

Korra was fun, exciting and brought interesting ideas to the table, even if it developed them wrong. Korra made me go wild, even when it was upsetting. Korra made you cheer for the heroes and the villains (most of /co/ only cheered for the villains anyway).

I'd rather have a couple of more seasons of Korra quite honestly. As flawed as it is, it's still great entertainment and my feelings are completely invested in that storyline.
>>
>>89347370
They had some good ideas, just bad execution and fucked up details.
>>
>>89347871
remember this?
>>
>>89347920
>good ideas
>spirit of chaos and spirit of order where defeating and sealing away the dark part of yin/yang is what you should do
>nerf the Avatar State
>giant monster fight
>giant robot
>bending a liquid metal
>bringing in fanservice characters to do what character introspection and new characters already in the show should do
>say that the antagonists had a good point when they were okay with killing/debending anyone that got in their way as a first and also as a last resort right from the start of the seasons
>actively do the shipping instead of the audience
>force pairings together for no reason
>show other people being short-sighted and wrong but actively pin the blame on the main lead character
>escalate powers so you can have a big dumb final fight for each season
>get rid of the past line of Avatars

The only good idea that they had was making a delicious fit brown girl be the lead and even then they wanted to dial back on the chest size they gave her and constantly forgot to give her muscles from one scene to the next.
>>
>>89347871
>"a-at least Korra is not as bad as X show"
Lokfags in a nutshell
>>
>>89346648
icouldn't imagine being the anon that said this, being so wrong must hurt
>>
File: Patient zero.png (61KB, 573x426px) Image search: [Google]
Patient zero.png
61KB, 573x426px
>>89346648
>>89347637
>>89348302
>>
>>89347871

The only reason anyone ever cared about LoK was because it was a sequel to ATLA.

it completely fails to engage as a stand alone series.
>>
>>89348188
I'm just comparing it because Voltron is the same team minus Bryke, pointing out how Bryke's writing is more entertaining
>>
>>89347871
I heavily disagree. Voltron doesn't take as many risks as Korra, but I'll take a safe show that is well done over a show that tries to do something different but fails miserably.

Don't get me wrong, I love it when show creators take some risks and try new things...but only if they're competent enough to do it well, and Korra's creators were not.

ATLA >>>>>>>>VLD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LoK
>>
>>89348329
Is that it? Is that where it all started?

Looking at that picture is like watching the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand.
>>
>>89349344
>but I'll take a safe show that is well done over a show that tries to do something different but fails miserably.
I can't, dude.
I'd rather take the excitement of seeing something interesting even if it doesn't succeed but still has a LOT of good elements on it rather than having another bland product that doesn't tingle my dingle and makes me want to sleep.
I'm a person that prioritizes passion. Of course if you give me a good story that is also exciting then 10/10 but if you give me a choice I prefer the work that excites me everytime. What good is a show that makes me snooze?
>>
>>89347566
Amon coming from Koh would have been SO MUCH BETTER than what we got.

Seriously, half the heartbreak and aggravation from watching Korra with /co/ was the way /co/ would constantly have better ideas for the show than what we actually got.
>>
>>89351146
The only time Korra ever made me feel emotions, they were negative ones. And not appropriate ones directed at characters and situations. Immersion-breaking ones directed through the fourth wall at the creators.

And even if I had been angry at something I'm supposed to be angry at, like if I'm watching a show where the writers have a character do something frustrating on purpose to make the audience dislike the character...why would I want to feel that way?

I'd rather be bored than angry. Even then, Voltron doesn't actually bore me. I'd more say it "relaxes" me. "Comfy" is the memeword 4chan prefers in these scenarios, I guess.
>>
File: 134.jpg (194KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
134.jpg
194KB, 1920x1080px
>>89347871
Voltron has giant robots that aren't eye cancer. It's automatically better.
>>
>>89351275
>The only time Korra ever made me feel emotions, they were negative ones
You didn't watch Season 3 I supposed, which would be reasonable after Season 2 so I don't blame you.
But LoK was an exciting ride. I think people didn't have patience with Korra as a character which I put much more blame in the audience and their thrist for infantilization in their narrative. I love Korra's characters as they were written for the most part even if the plotholes and plotpoints failed at times. LoK was a fun ride, and while it upset me at certain points, I got much more excitement because of the stakes, the character and story conflicts and the way the plot always moved foward from one episode to another even if it was just characters having emotional conflicts.

Voltron just bores me. I'm sorry dude. It does. I guess it might be comfy to you but it does nothing for me. The characters are all alright, but the plots are dull and the music completely kills the hype of moments that should be exciting. I feel like I'm watching 2012 Thundercats after the pilot.
>>
File: 1471384861263.png (123KB, 318x303px) Image search: [Google]
1471384861263.png
123KB, 318x303px
>>89351338
yeah yeah and the bayformers movies are masterpieces because robots fighting so awesome
whatever
>>
File: 091.jpg (103KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
091.jpg
103KB, 1920x1080px
>>89351456
I said robots that aren't eye cancer you silly goose. You can't even shitpost my objectively correct opinion properly
>>
File: 1345852014419.png (216KB, 404x404px) Image search: [Google]
1345852014419.png
216KB, 404x404px
>>89351475
who cares, your opinion sounds like a 12 year old on deviantart circa 2009
>>
File: Degenerate.jpg (553KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Degenerate.jpg
553KB, 1280x720px
>>89351509
You can't even use the shift key. You have no argument.
>>
>>89351531
well, you type like a girl
>>
>>89351146
Korra didn't have a lot of good elements. It had a bunch of interesting shit kludged together by a pair of idiots who had no business writing anything without an editor screaming in their ears.

I would know, I'm head writer on an indie video game project. Half my job is contacting the IP holder and getting clearance on what fits and doesn't fit with the world our game is set in. The other half is hashing out what our game world looks like.

TLoK from the very beginning said 'you know what made the old schow interesting and distinct? Lets throw it out the fucking window.' Yeah blah blah blah technological advancement. But you went from a vague chinippon setting with mysticism to a steam punk New Hong York Kong. Proceeded to uproot 90% of the setting elements of the original show and engaged in the worst shonen tropes.

These were men who had no basic grasp of story cohesion, how design impacts story telling, how to make your most basic concepts work with the story telling, and didn't understand that if you're gonna change 90% of the core elements of the show you don't have a sequel. You have a new show riding on the old show's success.

Every single element of a project has to be in harmony with every other element. That means sound had to be on point, visual design has to be on point, the writers have to have clear communication with where they're going. You have room for mistakes but TLoK wasn't even that interesting. It was a ton of disparate elements pretending to be a part of a whole with no care for how they actually interacted.
>>
File: 1339807701759.jpg (4KB, 126x113px) Image search: [Google]
1339807701759.jpg
4KB, 126x113px
>>89351719
>I would know, I'm head writer on an indie video game project. Half my job is contacting the IP holder and getting clearance on what fits and doesn't fit with the world our game is set in. The other half is hashing out what our game world looks like.
Am I supposed to be impressed? As a fellow writer I'm sorry for them. You seem to lack imagination and perspective then. LoK's setting has never been a problem, especially as a sequel from ATLA. It was distintive and contrasting with the old series. You talk about cohesion while complaining about something that isn't a flaw within a show with many flaws and compare it to generic shonen tropes that you don't seem as aware as you might think so. The way you describe harmony sounds boring as fuck, I'm sorry, anon.
>>
>>89351653
You say that like it's an insult
>>
>>89351867
boys rule, girls drool
>>
File: 1432607827188.jpg (21KB, 554x498px) Image search: [Google]
1432607827188.jpg
21KB, 554x498px
>>89351509
I'd rather have an okay /m/echa show than a shitfest with unexplained lesbians as my reasoning. It's a little ironic that you think his opinion sounds like a 12 year old's when you'd rather shit on another show than provide an argument.
>>
File: 1339817165628.png (12KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
1339817165628.png
12KB, 560x407px
>>89351916
>It's a little ironic that you think his opinion sounds like a 12 year old's when you'd rather shit on another show than provide an argument.
Yes
>>
>>89349213
You're the only one using that word, Lee.
>>
>>89348329
Is that the same mindwape who does all the homestuck smut?
>>
>>89351866
>LoK's setting has never been a problem
We jump 70 years into the future and the most we see initially of this brave new world is one fucking city, in which two of the main characters are basically destitute benders, and the richest characters are nonbenders. You have this supposed uprising on the same moral complexity as Pokemon Black and White, the moment it's introduced they don't even wait a moment to let you consider whether there might be a point before it's hammered over your head BUT THAT'S WRONG YOU'RE WRONG

You have a roaring 20s motif with only the barest inkling of a criminal underbelly, no jazz, and you made the main backdrop a city with nothing interesting in it beyond the Equalists who are never portrayed in an interesting light. The Earth Kingdom hasn't changed a lick and has even regressed since the last series, we NEVER see the Fire Nation outside of some fucking sages once, and the Water Tribes are split by a terribly generic brotherly squabble where one is trying to get buttbuddies with Satan.

Despite being based on the era where news could be documented and reported on so quickly they had "evening specials" we see no use of newspapers as a plot device, radios seem tacked on and heralding the invention of the biplane as some kind of gamechanger crashes and burns when not 5 episodes earlier you see fucking MECHATANKS which is beyond what we've come up with, showing that the show and its setting have gone completely off the reservation.

Your superprison you locked a regicidal airbender in is WITHIN FLYING DISTANCE OF THE WHITE HOUSE. Your setting is GARBAGE.
>>
File: lance sleeping pidge.jpg (195KB, 1280x1008px) Image search: [Google]
lance sleeping pidge.jpg
195KB, 1280x1008px
>>89347871
>interesting ideas to the table
LoK is serving someone steak and potatoes and Pissing on it before they can eat it.

Voltron is chicken and rice, with the potential for some sauce later on.

Hey, you want to know how Voltron is better than LoK? Because no matter what pairing they end up doing, if any, they can say they foreshadowed it.
>>
>>89347370
>What they put forth in LoK's season 2
This honestly infuriates me more than anything. Book 1, flawed as it was, earned them the contract for three additional seasons. That's what the fans bought into. So what did Bryke do? Pretty much rebooted the entire show, drastically altering the tone and changing the setting forever with the advent of Book 2. "Spirits" was clearly meant to be the new baseline Lok. Everything that would come after would be a natural consequence of the happenings in Book 2. Instead, it ended up being the worst Avatar season of all time and poisoned the rest of the show. Never has so much bullshit been compacted into a single season. And the worst thing? You could tell Bryke were proud of it. Book 2 was their baby. Their retarded, fetal alcohol syndrome-inflicted baby that ruined everything so hard that not even Book 3 could save the show.
>>
>>89351049
There was a little more, iirc, with one dude saying it sounded retarded but catchy, and he was going to start using it.

I've a screenshot of it somewhere, can't find it right now
>>
>>89351866
>LoK's setting has never been a problem, especially as a sequel from ATLA. It was distintive and contrasting with the old series.

It contrasted with the old series because it sought to destroy the world that was initially built simply to raise stakes arbitrarily and to answer questions that no one asked and in doing so only raised further questions.
>>
File: 1439937550067.jpg (29KB, 462x453px) Image search: [Google]
1439937550067.jpg
29KB, 462x453px
>>89352050
>Food analogy
fuck off to /v/, kiddo
>>
>>89352040
what an autist
>>
File: sword.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
sword.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>89351338

The MJP movie was so fucking cool
>>
File: 1349993010310.png (70KB, 1216x1832px) Image search: [Google]
1349993010310.png
70KB, 1216x1832px
5 years later and this image is still relevant
>>
>>89352053
Which is why I said they should just draw stuff. And even then the likes of Bryan couldn't get Korra correct in terms of physique to how he wanted her when he drew her himself. And then all the women end up having the same build so it's lost even further.

>>89351866
>You seem to lack imagination and perspective then.
Korra was put forth as the "opposite of Aang."
They had nothing else when they went in with ideas or a terms of a plan.
And it shows as the story falls apart when you talk about it beyond saying "they tried and didn't do so bad." How the characters stick around because they were already there from the past season sticks out with how they are now given new jobs to do and no motivation for doing them.

And the writing presents a terrible grasp of relationships despite saying that things are better than before.
>>
>>89352380
>Korra was put forth as the "opposite of Aang."
>They had nothing else when they went in with ideas or terms of a plan.

What they should have done (and seemed to be getting at in places) was give Korra a "reverse Aang" journey. Aang started off not even wanting the be the Avatar, period, and had to learn how to embrace that role while reconciling it with his own personhood. Korra's bit from day one is how her identity is totally bound up in her role as the Avatar. Losing her bending is presented as her greatest fear because she considers herself nothing without it. Her journey should have been figuring out WHO she was outside of WHAT she was and then accepting it. We could have seen a Korra who goes from totally bullheaded and self-assured to humble-ish and more responsible with the role she'd been given.

But no, I guess as long as Korra can punch harder and every problem in the universe boils down to daddy issues, there's no need for any of that. Just throw some lesbianism in there and it's done.
>>
>>89347952
Oh god yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLkQfmUEyvk
>>
>>89351198
The fan theories leading up to the season finale were unreal. If she had lost her bending and the other seasons were about her spiritual journey to fix that damage the show would have been better.
>>
>>89345616
And then they still wrote 80% of the episodes post season 1.
>>
>>89352573
>Her journey should have been figuring out WHO she was outside of WHAT she was and then accepting it.

They "tell" us that in season 2's finale. Of course no one in the audience should buy that since it isn't shown at all up until then for evidence. Even Korra isn't animated as believing it herself. The idea was there but the substance and path to fulfill it wasn't present.

Of course it isn't just Korra but that's the problem with having your lead character also be the title. Granted Airbender was the Legend of Aang in places it really isn't called that when it comes to writing about it.
This is, of course, because her identity has been skewed by her upbringing and the revelation of her position as Avatar. Yet no one else in the immediate Avatar history has such a problem. Aang may have but he kept wanting to put Aang the Last Airbender on his card instead of Avatar. Roku isn't that guy who hung out with Sozin, he's Avatar Roku. Kuruk wasn't that guy who likes to chill, he's Avatar Kuruk.

It's a weird thing that in all the revisions and ideas that /co/ or any other site has put forth has been able to put forth for Korra. It works wonderfully and easily for Zuko as he goes from antagonist to shared protagonist. But it doesn't work for Korra, nor does the Aang journey they tried to put Korra through along with the "Aang ending."
>>
>>89352573
This is why her partial depowering should have stuck.
>>
>>89352676
>and the other seasons were about her spiritual journey to fix that damage the show would have been better.
Wouldn't it just turn into a dick measuring contest of how Aang died and came back okay with his bending intact and none the worse for wear yet this other person gets poked on the forehead and she needs 38 more episodes to get better at things she already knows how to do for the past 13 years of training? Meanwhile random people and small children are more spiritual than her.
>>
File: 1213412342343.gif (953KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1213412342343.gif
953KB, 500x375px
>>89348329
THERE IT IS. THE SOURCE.
>>
>>89352139
This faggot keeps getting more and more ironic.
>>
>>89348329
That fucking anon who made it must feel so much guilt. I wonder if he's out there. Thinking about how he's done this, if he's alive.
>>
>>89351338
Gonna need sauce, Google isn't helping
>>
File: 1232456254501.png (183KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1232456254501.png
183KB, 1920x1080px
still a better ending
>>
>>89351719
>Korra didn't have a lot of good elements.

Visually it was great, music too.
>>
File: Capture d’écran (6).png (85KB, 731x496px) Image search: [Google]
Capture d’écran (6).png
85KB, 731x496px
>>
File: 1465936006147.jpg (2MB, 1956x2068px) Image search: [Google]
1465936006147.jpg
2MB, 1956x2068px
>>89351653
HOW DARE YOU
>>
File: amon.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
amon.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>89352607
A painted scar under a mask under a hoodie
>>
>>89348329
Brony sound still better that ponybro.

Claiming that comming up with name for fans is where specific fandom started is dumb anyway.
>>
>>89352282
Those argument are bullcrap.
And I like Korra more than Aang show
>>
>>89357607
I don't see why /co/ treats this show like it's te antichrist, I've only started watching it for the first time recently and it seems fine, not as good as the original but it still has great action and good characters. I like how they tried to be more ambitious with the villains and the worse part about it so far (other than all of season 2) is that Korra is a pretty shitty avatar and spends most of the time failing at stuff and getting the shit kicked out of her
>>
File: 1452911233092.png (192KB, 510x292px) Image search: [Google]
1452911233092.png
192KB, 510x292px
>>89345616
>excel at
>plot
kek
>>
>>89345616
>they're not egomaniacs
they still believe there is nothing wrong with S02.

Fucking S02.

According to them, the ending is just "open for interpretation", which is totally not a bad thing.
>>
>>89352017
yeah
>>
File: LoK-fails.png (162KB, 1285x976px) Image search: [Google]
LoK-fails.png
162KB, 1285x976px
>>89357877
Here, have a list. It's not just Korra, it's every goddamn character being stupid.
>>
>>89345616
There weren't any "story problems" with Korra though. The problem is with you.

You are garbage.
>>
>>89349344
You are a reprehensable person.
>>
I thing about how decades down the line TLOK will be hailed as a groundbreaking cartoon.

And I sigh in relief that its legacy will outlive you cretins.

(No offense to the people with actual taste ITT.)
>>
>>89358067
That list doesn't really get at all the stupidity the other characters do or how they influence the plot negatively but the attitude is inclined towards Korra.
>>
>>89358392
Well, i would point out from the top of my head:

- Unalaq attacking the south for no reason
- Zaheer's entire motivation being retarded
- Tenzin telling Korra killing the past lives was a good thing
- Mako/Korra's entire plan of capturing the most dangerous crimminals on the planet themselves instead of getting help
- Bolin
- Tenzin/everyone thinking people should just accept to become air nomads
- Kuvira and her many, many bad decisions
- Tenzin/Korra/everyone planning to go to the spirit world in S02 for no reason (they knew if they did nothing, Unalaq would not have a way to open the other portal)
- Suyin's "you should not help the earth nation get out of this chaos"
>>
File: 1477100583914.png (162KB, 393x358px) Image search: [Google]
1477100583914.png
162KB, 393x358px
>>89355508
>And hopefully they'll give her a new look as well.
>>
>>89358832
>- Mako/Korra's entire plan of capturing the most dangerous crimminals on the planet themselves instead of getting help
That has it's roots back in ATLA what with four kids going up against the Fire Nation. And Aang couldn't even tap into the Avatar State for the encounters.

What you mentioned is some of it. I'll also add Mako's motivations and mindset throughout all four seasons.
>>
>>89359124
>That has it's roots back in ATLA what with four kids going up against the Fire Nation
They were able to gather up an entire army though
>>
>>89358067
all of this list just seems like nitpicky whining and half of the time the english is bad so I don't know what they're trying to say, can I get a real reason people hate the show so much other than 'hurr durr character did a stupid thing'?
>>
>it's another "let's rail on LOK" thread
You ever get tired of making threads to bitch and throw tantrums?
>>
>>89359185
>They were able to gather up an entire army though
And they still isolated the components of the Fire Nation so that, even with an army, individual characters still stood up against the dangerous enemies by themselves.

>>89359196
Characters acted out of character so that the plot could occur.
Characters that shouldn't be in the show ended up in the show and stuck, around sometimes until the end.
No one developed.
Flaws of a character were worked around, not through, and a resolution came about that omitted the issue - sometimes sweeping it under the rug so to speak.

There's more, of course, but I'll do that just for now.
>>
>>89358832
ugh
fuck I fucking hate /co/ so goddamn much
literally only come here for whomp and avatar threads
morons like you who only saw the show once always ruin them
and if you're not ruining them, you're making threads to complain about a show you hardly understand
it's not even worth arguing with you fags because you'll never be convinced otherwise and just treat it as an opportunity to stroke your ego while showing everyone how smart you are
fucking nostalgic manchild with women issues
I wish I could spit on you
>>
>>89359357
there that's a much better answer, thank you

I think the characters did develop somewhat but it was mostly done through emotional maturity via awful love triangles. The main problem being Korra herself. Aang was great because he goofed around a lot but when it called for it he got serious and got shit done. Korra tried to be super serious all the time but jobbed like crazy, I mean she was just pathetic in the book 3 finale

Still a good show but it pales in comparison to its predecessor
>>
>>89359124
>what with four kids going up against the Fire Nation
in ATLA that was the ONLY choice, and in the end they had to rely on adults to do part of the work. That said, in ATLA it did only worked out by luck.. or perhaps stupidity of the other side of fighting 1x1 instead of using their army.
>>
File: 1462047311664.png (285KB, 2788x1788px) Image search: [Google]
1462047311664.png
285KB, 2788x1788px
>>89359399
I don't get it.. are you claiming the characters in LoK AREN'T stupid? or are you claiming that there is more to the show than that?

i'm interested.. what exactly is your argument?
>>
>>89359196
It is mostly "character did a LOT of stupid things" mixed with "the story doesn't make any sense".
>>
>>89359357
>Characters acted out of character so that the plot could occur
If they act like that all the time, can it even be called "out of character"? they are all moving plot devices.
>>
>>89353679
I regret nothing.
>>
>>89348329
>a tripfag started it
>>
It is in retrospect not entirely surprising that the degenerate scum portion of /co/ despises TLOK. I remember all those sexist, MRA-tier posts about how Katara was a terrible character from back in the day.

Fuck knows why avatards on /co/ feel threatened in their masculinity by cartoon characters.
>>
>>89359721
>There are anons that will fall for this bait.
>>
>>89359612
I was being generous in my description.

The characters in LoK existed for the plot, not themselves and the plot. There's no accomplishment for them in whatever passes for an arc, and there's no introspection on their part. And when there is it is treated as an information dump and conflicts with what the story was originally telling us.

>>89359554
That poster, much like most of us, hangs around and posts in these threads. That's all there is too it.
Some talk about the shortcomings, mistakes, flaws, bad writing, missteps, and questionable direction; and then someone says the equivalent of "you'll never be satisfied with any answer."
>>
File: 1444172223301.png (175KB, 430x443px) Image search: [Google]
1444172223301.png
175KB, 430x443px
>>89359943
You know.. i think Mako gets it worst than everyone.

In S01 he had potential to ask the real questions; his family was murdered by benders and he doesn't seems to hold any kind of opinion towards what Amon is trying to do. He is just.. well.. helping the avatar. He had a goddamn fight with Amon, and they didn't explore how he might relate to the cause.

In S02, he had no real reason to stick around. He was just there when the plot needs him and that's it. The entire thing with Asami could be dropped, but i think it's worth mentioning that he becomes a cop, and at no point he tries to find the guy who killed his parents, or if he even identifies with the profession (have some sense of duty, perhaps hates crimminals.. what motivation he had?)

S03 is worst, he left his job behind to travel the world with the avatar because.. "well, might be fun", or whatever reason they gave him. Seriously, how the hell job works in Avatar land? also, why would he even want to travel with 2 ex-girlfriends?

And then there's S04.. where we learn that in 3 years Mako didn't change anything. He was literally just stationary until the avatar comes back to Republic city. He didn't find a lover, he didn't get a promotion, he didn't meet new people.. why is Korra still so relevant to him? why is she still so relevant to everyone after 3 years? she was literally away from him more time than she was with him (which was about 6-7 months only).
>>
File: 1465065288285.png (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1465065288285.png
10KB, 300x300px
>>89348329
This is why Barneyfags shouldn't exist.
>>
>>89345616
Does anyone have the pic of the guy saying how they would never ever do Zoom/time travel on the Flash TV show because of how stupid it would be?
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.