[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /co/, got into comics fairly recently so please forgive my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: latest.png (4MB, 1500x1161px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
4MB, 1500x1161px
Sup /co/, got into comics fairly recently so please forgive my newfaggotry
Can DC realistically keep up with their twice monthly schedule for their most popular books? Has it even been done before?
>>
>>89340876

They could since Marvel used to do it a lot back in the day. It only works for the biggest titles so expect the number of double shipped ongoings to decrease.
>>
Yeah, it's been done before (both in one title and in two titles that followed the same team) and should be doable with the most popular titles. But there's a risk that one of the creative teams might run out of ideas/motivation or that a team might be split it up into two creative teams that don't communicate properly and tell stories very differently, which would suck.
>>
Yes, they can, and they really need to. Marvel does too.

As Didio has said, they're competing with instant entertainment like Netflix and even weekly entertainment like most manga and anime. Monthly just isn't fast enough to cut it anymore. I believe a massive part of the reason DC's sales haven't fallen off as fast as most relaunches is because bimonthly comics keep readers' interest much longer.

Additionally, the entire market is shifting towards TPBs being the primary method of consumption, and two TPBs a year for each series doesn't cut it either. Check out how fast the first DCYou and Rebirth trades got out, and how inexpensive they are. You go to the comic store and wanna get caught up with Rebirth? Buy the trade right there for ten bucks, buy the latest two issues for six bucks more, you're done. They're doing everything to curb the problem of readers falling off over time by giving them inexpensive options to catch up.

It's genius and Marvel is going to follow suit unless they're retarded.
>>
>>89340924
>>89340963

IMO Deathstroke and Nightwing should be two of the first books to be "demoted" to monthly status. Those arcs are spread paper thin and the writers obviously can't keep up
>>
>>89341153
Yeah, those titles and characters aren't really big enough to support two issues a month. Nightwing could maybe do it with the right advertisement on account of being closely tied to Batman and known from the various cartoons and movies, but there's not enough people who give that much of a damn about Deathstroke.
>>
>>89341119

I agree with everything you said and every point you've made but it only works if the book is good tho

or if it's a Batman book apparently cause King is a hack and people still buy his shit
>>
Weeklies when?
>>
>>89340876

Just imagine how scary it must be to be in front of all those superheroes going at full speed.
>>
>>89341296
Just because his Batman run is phoned in hacky bullshit doesn't invalidate the fact that the rest of his comics have been great.
>>
>>89340876
Yes and yes.

Shit like Superman and Batman can definitely sustain it. Smaller series work better as monthlies, but the big guns should be fine.
>>
>>89341539
Next Batman Eternal series
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.